• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 19: Rarity vs Sombra

Rarity and Sombra took the dueling arena and activated their duel disks. "Ladies first.", Sombra said.

Rarity: 8000
Sombra: 8000

"Quite the gentleman.", Rarity said as she drew her hand. "I summon Gem-Knight Alexandrite! Then I'll tribute him to special summon Gem-Knight Crystal from my deck! Then I'll set a card and end my turn." 'I wonder what monsters he has waiting in his deck.'

"I draw! Time to shatter your crystal! I activate Soul Exchange! I'll use your monster as a tribute for the monster I want to summon! I summon Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior! And since he was normal summoned, I can place two spell counters on him! This in turn boosts his attack by 400 for each counter on him! But first, I'll remove a spell counter on him to destroy one spell or trap card you control! I'll destroy your face-down card!" A bolt of dark magic shot from Breaker's sword and destroyed Rarity's face-down card! "Now I'll attack you directly! Dark Magic Slash!" Rarity winced as she took damage, and Sombra smiled as her life points dropped. "I'll set two cards and end my turn."

Rarity: 6000
Sombra: 8000

'It seems like his monsters don't share this air of chivalry.', Rarity thought. "I draw! I play Brilliant Fusion! This lets me fusion summon using monsters from my deck! I'll send three Gem-Knights to the graveyard to fusion summon Gem-Knight Master Diamond! The only downside is that his attack is zero as a result. But I'll discard a spell card to have him gain his attack points back until the end of your turn! Destroy Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior!"

"I think not! I activate my trap! Negate Attack! This stops your monster's attack!"

"I guess that can't be helped. I end my turn." 'No wonder he's the current champion. He seems to be prepared for anything I throw at him!'

"In that case, I draw!", Sombra said as he drew his next card. "I summon Armageddon Knight! Then I'll use Breaker's effect! I'll remove a spell counter from him to destroy Brilliant Fusion!" As a bolt of dark magic fried Brilliant Fusion, Master Diamond faded away with it! "Now that you have nothing to keep your life points guarded! Attack her directly!" Rarity cringed as Sombra's monsters slashed into her life points! "I end my turn."

Rarity: 3000
Sombra: 8000

'I haven't even landed a scratch on him yet!' "Time to see if I can turn this duel around!" Sombra chuckled. "What's so funny?"

"The fact you have such optimism. It's adorable.", Sombra said with a smirk.

'Time to show this arrogant brute a thing or two about manners!' "Well a friend of mine said the duel's not over until the last card is drawn!", Rarity retorted as she drew her next card. "Since you've used up all of Breaker's spell counters, his attack points are back to normal! Now I play Soul Charge! I'll revive Master Diamond from my graveyard by paying 1000 life points!"

"No you won't.", Sombra said with an evil smile. "I activate my trap! Bottomless Trap Hole! When my opponent summons a monster with 1500 or more attack, I can destroy that monster!" The second Master Diamond set foot on the field, a pit swallowed him up! "Your friend was a fool to give you such advice. Because there is no hope left for you!"

"I...I end my turn.", Rarity said with a defeated sigh. 'He's acting a lot more vicious than when he started. I've got the feeling his charm was a ruse!'

Rarity: 2000
Sombra: 8000

"Yes. That's it. Give in to despair.", Sombra said as dark magic began to slowly leak from his eyes. "This is the fear I shall instill in all duelists when I reign! Now I draw! This is your end. When I'm done here, you'll never be able to pick up a deck again! I play Pre-preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand and the ritual monster listed on the ritual spell! I play Contract with the Dark Master! I'll offer up both of my monsters as tribute! Now it all ends! Rise! Dark Master-Zorc!" A gigantic demon rose from a pillar of shadow! It looked as fearsome as it was terrifying! Burst then noticed Blue-Eyes's spirit materialize the second Zorc hit the field!

"Blue-Eyes?!"

"Burst. That monster is pure evil! He's tried to take over my world many times! And now he's gained great power by bonding with a duelist who shares his ambitions! Your friend and her monsters are in grave danger! Stop the duel right now!" But it was too late!

"End this Zorc!!", Sombra cried out! Zorc began gathering darkness into a single compressed orb. "Dark Oblivion!" Zorc launched the orb of darkness at Rarity, and it exploded upon hitting her! Dropping her life points to zero! "And so it ends.", Sombra said with an evil smile as he walked off. Rarity began to gathering her cards, but gasped in horror as she looked at Master Diamond's card! It was blank! All of her cards were blank!

'My Gem-Knights...my darlings...what did that monster do to you?!', Rarity thought as she gazed at her blank cards in horror.

Seeing her distress, Burst and his friends rushed to the arena to see what was wrong! They were shocked to see Rarity's blank cards! The others' monster partners' spirits then materialized.

"He's struck again hasn't he?", Rainbow Dragon asked.

"Wait. AGAIN? What are you talking about RD?", Rainbow Dash asked.

"The Dark Master. Zorc.", BLS replied coldly as he nodded.

"You know that monster?", Sunset asked.

"Know him? We had to kick his butt back in our world!", Red-Eyes said.

"Care to explain just who this guy is and why he's here?", Inferno asked. Blue-Eyes sighed.

"Zorc is an evil monster from our world. And he's tried many times to conquer our world. However, me and my friends were able to put a stop to him. But it seems he's found a duelist who shares his ambitions of ruling. Sombra."

"Sombra did mention him reigning.", Rarity said as she slowly recovered from seeing her blank cards.

"And now it seems they have the means to realize their ambitions. Rarity. Sombra and Zorc have cut the link between you and your cards!", Blue-Eyes continued. "And with powerful dark magic it seems as well."

"Hold up!", Rainbow Dash shouted. "Red-Eyes is a dark monster, but he's a good guy!"

"Evil comes from many monster types and attributes.", BLS replied.

"And Zorc is pure evil. I can only think of few monsters worse than him.", Blue-Eyes.

"This is terrible. A duelist's deck is the heart of their spirit.", Burst said as he looked to Blue-Eyes. "Is there any way to undo this?"

"There are only two ways. Either Sombra and Zorc lift the spell themselves, or they are defeated.", Blue-Eyes replied. "But it's unlikely they'd do the first option."

"Then it looks like we're doing this the hard way!", Rainbow Dash said as she cracked her knuckles.

"The stakes aren't that simple Rainbow. Both of our worlds are in danger.", Rainbow Dragon stated.

"If Sombra wins, he'll be able to sever the bonds of every duelist in the world! No duelist would be able to oppose him! And Zorc will be able to rule over our world!"

"But how can they pull off something like that?", Sunset asked.

"With each victory a monster partnered with a duelist partner claims, their power and bond increases. And at this tournament, winning would propel the power of both greatly.", BLS replied. "And if they win, Sombra and Zorc's dark power will grow strong enough to sever the bonds of every duelist and their cards in the world! Not to mention, they'll be able to seal the gateway that enables our spirits to visit you." Burst and his friends were silent as they took in the stakes of this tournament. However, Gold had gone to speak with Pegasus.

"Dad? Were Sombra and Zorc the darkness you sensed here?", Gold asked. Pegasus nodded.

"Exactly." Pegasus then looked down to Burst, Inferno, and Sunset. "And it will be one of them who will defeat this evil."