• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 20: No Matter What

Burst couldn't sleep that night. 'The fate of the world is in the hands of me and my friends.', he thought. 'If Sombra and Zorc win, both of our worlds are in serious trouble.' Meanwhile, Inferno was keeping Rarity company.

"Inferno?", Rarity asked.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for staying with me. Losing Diamond...all of my Gem-Knights...." Rarity's eyes began to tear up. Inferno pulled Rarity into a tight hug.

"I can't claim to know how you're hurting. But I can only imagine if I ever lost Red-Eyes.", Inferno said. "Rarity. Burst, Sunset, and I WILL make sure Sombra is stopped." Rarity then held onto one of Inferno's hands as he pulled out of the hug.

"Darling?"

"Yes?" Rarity then leaned in and kissed Inferno!

"Thank you.", Rarity said with a small smile.

"Anytime.", Inferno said with a smile as he left for his room.

The next day...

Burst and his friends gathered for the next duels to be announced. Pegaus addressed the group once everyone had gathered. "Today's first duel is one for the ages! It pits two legendary dragon users against each other! Today's first duel is Burst Stream against Inferno Flare!" Burst and Inferno looked at each other and then made their way to the dueling arena. But before they separated, Inferno spoke to Burst.

"Burst?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise me one thing. Whichever one of us wins, that person stops Sombra. No matter what!"

"You didn't even need to ask." And with that, the two friends went to separate sides of the dueling arena.

Burst: 8000
Inferno: 8000

"I got the first move!", Burst said. 'Not bad! Got a good hand to start the duel! Time to rock the dragon!' "I'll reveal Blue-Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Then I'll play Trade-In to discard Blue-Eyes and draw two new cards! Now I'll summon White Stone of Ancients! I'll tune Blue-Eyes Alternative with White Stone to synchro summon Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon in defense mode! Then I'll set a card and end my turn! Now White Stone's effect activates! I can special summon a 'Blue-Eyes' monster from my deck! I summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"I draw!" 'Nice! got some good draw power cards!' "I play Allure of Darkness! I can draw two cards so long as I banish one dark monster from my hand!" Inferno removed a card from his hand and placed it in his deck box. "Now I'll play Pre-Preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual monster and ritual spell from my deck to my hand! I'll activate Dark Dragon Ritual! I tribute a monster from my hand to ritual summon Paladin of Dark Dragon! Now I'll tribute him to bring out REDMD from my deck! Then I'll use his effect to bring back Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon! Then I'll play Red-Eyes Insight! I'll discard Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck to add a 'Red-Eyes' spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add a spell! Now I activate Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon from my field and Summoned Skull from my deck to the graveyard! I fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! Now I'll attack Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon! Archfiend Blaze!" Archfiend Black Skull destroyed Blue-Eyes Spirit with a gigantic blast of flame! "Now his effect activates! I can target one 'Red-Eyes' normal monster in my graveyard and inflict its attack points as damage! Then that monster is shuffled into my deck!" Flames crashed into Burst's life points! "Then I'll end my turn by setting a card face-down." 'This duel has a lot higher stakes than when we dueled two nights ago. One of us has to stop Sombra!'

Burst: 5600
Inferno: 8000

"My turn!", Burst said as he drew his next card. 'Nice! This should help me search for the dragons I need!' "I'll banish White Stone of Ancients to return a Blue-Eyes monster from my graveyard to my hand! I'll return Blue-Eyes Alternative! Then I'll discard a card to activate The Melody of Awakening Dragon! I can add two dragon-type monsters with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! I'll reveal the Blue-Eyes White Dragon I added to special summon Blue-Eyes Alternative from my hand! I'll use Alternative's effect to destroy Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! I'll then attack REDMD with Blue-Eyes!" Archfiend Black Skull was struck down with one bolt of lightning while REDMD was destroyed by a blast of white lightning! "I'll end my turn." 'Now that I've taken down REDMD, Inferno can't swarm the field! That's going to help in dealing with his monsters on the field!'

Burst: 5600
Inferno: 7800

'REDMD may be in my grave, but there's more than one way to summon a dragon!' "I'll use Black Stone's effect from my graveyard! I'll shuffle a level seven 'Red-Eyes' monster from my graveyard back into my deck and add Black Stone of Legend back to my hand! Now I'll draw! I summon Black Stone of Legend and tribute him to special summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my deck! Then I'll equip him with Black Metal Dragon to boost him by 600 points! I'll attack Blue-Eyes Alternative! Both monsters will destroy each other, but at least I won't have to worry about him zapping one of my monsters any more!" Blue-Eyes Alternative and Red-Eyes destroyed each other with their colliding attacks! "Then I'll activate my trap! Red-Eyes Burn! Since Red-Eyes was destroyed, I can inflict damage to both of us equal to his attack points! I end my turn." 'MAN that burn effect still stings no matter how many times I use it! At least I got rid of Blue-Eyes Alternative in the process!'

Burst: 3200
Inferno: 5400

'Not bad Inferno! But now your field's wide open for me to attack!' "I draw! I'll attack you directly with Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!" Inferno winced as his life points took a massive hit! "Now I'll end my turn." 'This is exactly like that duel we had yesterday. I wonder if it'll have the same result? Only one way to find out!'

Burst: 3200
Inferno: 2400

"My turn! I draw! Since Black Metal Dragon was destroyed, I can add a Red-Eyes spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add Red-Eyes Fusion! Now I'll activate it! I'll fuse Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact to fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon! Then I'll activate his effect! I'll send a 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck to the graveyard and inflict half its attack as damage! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Dragon! That means you take 1200 in damage! And I'll also attack Blue-Eyes! Meteor Flare!" A flaming blast hit Blue-Eyes! destroying him! "I end my turn." 'At least I gave it one last hit before the end.'

Burst: 1500
Inferno: 2400

"It all comes down to this.", Burst said as he drew a card. "I activate my trap! Curse of Anubis! This changes all effect monsters on the field into face-up defense mode! And until the end of this turn, their defense is zero! Now I activate the ritual spell Chaos Form! I'll banish Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my graveyard to bring out Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Attack Meteor Black Comet Dragon! Chaos Neutron Blast!" Chaos MAX unleashed a powerful blast of light and dark energy that destroyed Meteor Black Comet Dragon! "And don't forget! Chaos Max inflicts double piercing damage!" Inferno's life points dropped to zero! 'I guess it's all up to me now. Unless Sunset beats Sombra.'

"Good duel Burst.", Inferno said as he and Burst fist-bumped.

"Thanks. But something tells me things are going to get harder from here."