• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,448 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,448

Duel 21: Duel against the darkness

Sunset was glaring at Sombra as he stepped onto the dueling arena. "You're going to pay for what you did to Rarity." Sunset then activated her duel disk. Sombra just smirked at her.

"You're motivated. Good. This will make your despair all the more sweeter." Sombra activated his duel disk in king.

Sunset: 8000
Sombra: 8000

"I summon Lancer Archfiend! Then I'll play Terraforming to add a field spell from my deck to my hand! Now I activate it! I play the field spell Mystic Plasma Zone! This boosts the attack of all dark monsters I control by 500 points, and lowers their defense by 400 points! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"I draw!" Sunset then looked at her hand. 'I can't afford to take any risks in dealing with this guy! He's going to pay for hurting my friend! But if I fail, at least Burst is still standing!' "I summon Valkyrian Knight! Then I'll equip her with Salamandra to boost her attack by 700 points! Destroy Lancer Archfiend! Blazing Ember Slash!" Lancer Archfiend was cut down with one strike! "Then I'll set two cards and end my turn."

Sunset: 8000
Sombra: 7600

'How adorable. She thinks she can beat me.' "You actually managed to get a scratch on me.", Sombra said with a smirk. "You're far more impressive than your friend already. But it will take more than that to put a dent in me. I draw! I summon Double Coston! Then I'll play Card Advance! Now I'm allowed an extra tribute summon this turn! I'll tribute Double Coston! I summon Invader of Darkness! Now! Destroy Valkyrian Knight!"

'Not if my trap has anything to say about it!' "I don't think so! I activate my trap! Scrap-Iron Scarecrow! This'll stop your attack! And then I can set it face-down again."

"Hmph. A delay. But nothing more. I end my turn."

"In that case, I draw! Since I don't have any monsters in my graveyard, I can special summon Guardian Eatos! Then I'll equip her with Celestial Sword Eatos! Next I'll summon Dawn Knight! I'll take down your monster with Eatos!" Invader of Darkness was destroyed with one strike! "Then I'll attack you directly with both of my monsters!" Sombra took a huge hit to his life points! "I'll end my turn with another face-down." 'That oughta wipe that smug smile off his face! All I need is one more attack!'

Sunset: 8000
Sombra: 3100

"Still feeling high-and-mighty your highness?", Sunset asked. Sombra rose to his feet, and Sunset was unsettled by his evil smile.

"Oh. I'm feeling fine. I draw! I play Pre-Preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual spell and ritual monster from my deck to my hand! And I know just the ones to add! I'll activate Contract with the Dark Master! I'll tribute Ritual Raven! His effect lets him be used as the entire tribute for the ritual summon of a dark monster! Rise! Dark Master-Zorc!" Zorc materialized from a pillar of shadow! "Now for his effect! Dark Die Roll!" A die materialized and Sombra rolled it. It landed on a one! "Now I can destroy all monsters you control! Dark Hurricane!" A black hurricane wiped out all of Sunset's monsters!

"Since Dawn Knight was destroyed, I can send a light monster from my deck to the graveyard!" Sunset searched her deck and found the monster she was looking for. 'Good! Now I've got BLS in my hand! Just gotta wait for him to make a direct attack!'

"Should that really be of any concern? I'll attack you directly!"

"I don't think so! I'll activate my face-down! The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh! I'll add Kuriboh to my hand! Then I'll discard him to prevent any battle damage!"

"Keep on delaying your defeat.", Sombra said with a smirk. "I'll end my turn."

"I draw! I play The Warrior Returning Alive! This lets me add a warrior-type monster from my graveyard to my hand! Now I'll banish Dawn Knight and Kuriboh from my graveyard! I summon BLS! Now I'll attack Zorc!" 'With this attack, its over!'

"I think not. I activate my trap! Torrential Tribute! Since you summoned a monster, all monsters on the field are destroyed!" A flood washed away all the monsters on the field!

"I end my turn.", Sunset said with a frown. 'Not good! He got rid of my best monster! But at least he took Zorc with him!'

"I draw! Perfect. I play Soul Charge to revive Zorc at the cost of 1000 life points! Then I'll play Hidden Armory! This lets me search for an equip spell of my choice and add it to my hand! Then I'll play the equip spell I added! Megamorph! This doubles Zorc's attack points! Then I'll attack you directly! Zorc Oblivion!"

"Did you forget about my other trap? Scrap-Iron Scarecrow stops your attack!"

"Oh I didn't forget. I activate my own trap! Dark Illusion! If a spell, trap, or monster effect targets a dark monster I control, I can negate the activation and destroy that card!" Sunset's trap was destroyed by a bolt of dark magic, and she cringed as Zorc's fist collided with her life points! "I end my turn."

Sunset: 2600
Sombra: 2100

"I draw!" Sunset looked at her hand. 'It won't help too much. But at least it'll lessen the damage I take!' "I'll set a card and end my turn."

"My turn.", Sombra said as he drew his next card. "I'll attack you directly!"

"I activate my trap! Nutrient Z! Since I'm about to take over 2000 in damage, I gain 4000 life points!" Sunset grimaced as her life points still took a hit! 'I'm still in the duel! But just barely.' Sunset then looked at her life points.

"It seems you've save yourself for one more turn. I end my turn."

Sunset: 900
Sombra: 2100

'Maybe I'm low on life points, but that works in my favor! Especially with Megamorph's effect!' Sunset smiled. "Since my life points are lower, Megamorph cuts your monster's life points in half!" Sombra frowned. "I draw! I summon Mystical Elf! Then I'll play Symbols of Duty! I'll send a normal monster to my graveyard to special summon a monster from either one of our graveyards! I'll bring back BLS! Then I'll attack your monster! Envoy Slash!" BLS charged at Zorc and cut him down with one slash! "And since he destroyed your monster by battle, BLS can attack again!"

"I activate my trap! Damage Vaccine Omega MAX! This lets me gain life points equal to the damage I took!"

"I guess I'll end my turn.", Sunset said with a frown. "But at least your monster's gone."

Sunset: 900
Sombra: 1800

"Oh I don't think so.", Sombra said with an evil grin. "I play Pre-Preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual monster from my deck or graveyard! I'll add Zorc from my graveyard! Then I'll add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand! I add Advanced Ritual Art! Then I'll activate it! I can send normal monsters from my deck whose levels equal the level of the monster I want to summon! I'll send Tri-Horned Dragon to the graveyard to ritual summon Zorc!" Sunset panicked as Zorc once again materialized! "Now I'll activate his effect! Dark Die Roll!" A dark die materialized, and landed on a five! "Now I can destroy one monster you control! Dark Thunder Break!"

"BLS!", Sunset screamed as BLS was struck down with a bolt of dark thunder! 'No...this can't be happening...'

"And now it ends! I'll attack you directly! Show her true terror Zorc! Zorc Oblivion!" A blast of darkness collided with Sunset's life points! Dropping them to zero! As dark magic leaked from Sombra's eyes and Zorc's card, Sunset's cards turned blank.

"This can't be real...", Sunset whispered.

"Now. Who's going to be my last victim?", Sombra said with an evil smile.