• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 1,446 Views, 199 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 1: Duelist Kingdom - Bahamut0



Things have calmed down after the Fall Formal and the Battle of the Bands. But a new evil is lurking in the shadows, and a new dueling legend has begun! It's time to duel! Rock the dragon!

  • ...
4
 199
 1,446

Prologue

A dueling tournament...

"And the winner of the duel is Sombra!", the announcer cheered as the crowd screamed in adoration. Sombra had a smirk as he raised his fist triumphantly. After the match though, he frowned. He was the current duelist to beat in the world. The only one to match that honor was that punk Blueblood. Sombra stood at the top and was currently undefeated. But it wasn't enough.

"Every duelist I've beaten has sworn to try and defeat me again someday. That's not what I want.", Sombra said. "I want every duelist to fear me. I want people to never touch a deck again after I beat them. I want power to shake the world to its core!"

"Then let me help you with that.", a hooded figure said. Sombra turned to face the figure. "But might I also add, congratulations on your victory. From what I hear, you've been invited to compete in Duelist Kingdom. If you win there, the whole world will acknowledge you as the king of all duelists. None oppose you there."

"...You've caught my interest. So how are you going to give me this power?", Sombra asked with a grin. The hooded figure reached into the folds of his robe and handed Sombra an envelope.

"Meet me at the location enclosed in this. There will be another duelist there who I've also taken interest in.", the figure said. Sombra nodded and headed off to the location found in the envelope.

A faraway duel school....

"Master Tirek?", a student asked. Tirek turned his attention to the student.

"Yes? How can I help you?", Tirek asked.

"Well I was trying to get some help with my summoning technique. Do you think you could pencil me in to see Master Scorpan?" Tirek's heart sank slightly.

"No problem. Now go on." Tirek sighed as the student left. He and Scorpan both ran this duel school. But considering Scorpan had trounced him in every duel they'd had. It was no wonder the students flocked to him for advice or help. "If only I had the strength of the God Cards, I'd be able to show them! I'd show them that I'm strong too! And maybe Scorpan would then fully recognize me as his equal in dueling."

"Then fortune smiles upon you today.", a hooded figure said. The guy had walked in while Tirek was going off about being unrecognized. "Relax. I'm here to help you attain the strength you crave." Tirek was puzzled.

"You have the Egyptian God Cards?", Tirek asked. "That can't be. Only Yugi Moto is fit to wield those beasts."

"I don't. But I can give you cards that rival their power. All you need do is meet me at the location enclosed in this envelope. I do hope you will come Tirek." Tirek opened the envelope and the figure left.

Later that night...

Sombra had arrived where the hooded figure had told him to meet. And to no surprise the same figure was waiting for him. "Okay. I'm here. So what's this power you're going to give me?", Sombra asked eagerly. The figure smiled as he handed Sombra a pair of cards.

"A monster who shares the same ambitions as you. Say hello to Dark Master Zorc.", the figure said. Zorc soon materialized.

"So you wish to rule your world?", Zorc asked. "I like you already. Tell me. Do you wish all to know fear in your presence? To strip your enemies of all will to fight?" Sombra grinned as Zorc spoke.

"More than you know. I can tell we'll get along well.", Sombra said.

"Then let our bond be forged.", Zorc said. As Sombra and Zorc made contact, Sombra felt great power flow into him. When he opened his eyes, dark magic was leaking out of them.

"Duelist Kingdom...your future king is on his way.", Sombra said with an evil grin. Tirek had just shown up and saw Sombra leaving.

"Mind telling me just what the current favorite to win Duelist Kingdom is doing here?", Tirek asked.

"Just wishing him luck in the tournament.", the figure replied. "And now it's time I bestow the strength I promised you." The figure fished into his robe and pulled out three cards. "Behold. The Wicked God Cards." Tirek was hesitant before accepting the cards. "I assure you that despite their appearance, their power is undeniable. Their strength rivals even that of the God Cards." Tirek then took the cards and left. The figure let out a low chuckle as he left. "Enjoy your power while you can fools. For soon....you will fall at my hands."