• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 1,274 Views, 8 Comments

Reunion of the Specialists - BioChemicalWolfGear



Specialists of Utopia seperate to create peace.

  • ...
7
 8
 1,274

Chapter 9: A Doctors' work

When you die you go to the Ethereal plains. The plains is a location that every soul goes to be integrated into god. There is no real afterlife. None for man nor beast. But some beings are able to skip the plains all together and be able to keep their souls for themselves. Beings like that still wonder the world and inhabit another life form. Mouse is a wondering spirit.

Fluttershy took that information with her for the rest of the day. She couldn’t comprehend a place of death because she doesn’t believe she should worry about it. Prey animals, intelligent or not, would never want to think about death. So being told more about it by Golem made the whole world seem…real.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy found herself spacing out most of the day, mostly because she wants to plan out what she would say to spirit visiting her. But thanks to her caretaking she was unable to formulate a good number of questions before the day was over. Eventually she just put all the animals to bed and then headed to her own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Midnight)

Fluttershy was fast asleep having a wonderful dream. But then she suddenly found her dream rudely interrupted by howling. She wanted to go down and stop the animal that was howling from doing so until she realized the howling had some rhythm. A very familiar rhythm that she heard the other night. She opens up her window to look into the field to see a small animal that looks like the one she saw the other day…only bigger. About the size of a pony.

She flew out the window choosing to get to Mouse as fast as possible…and that she embarrassingly enough forgot she could have done that last time so she would avoid waking her animals.

She slowly approaches the larger creature and when she was a few meters from it she says. “Excuse me?”

Silence…a very long one. “Fluttershy. Stand beside me.”

Fluttershy goes to his right and notices he is locked on a particular section of the sky. The full moon.

“The moon.” He said. “It was once my friend…until it tormented my friends.”

“Oh no! How did it hurt them?” she said worried.

“It made me transform into a bloodthirsty beast while I used my own friends body to commit acts of genocide…”

Fluttershy couldn’t respond. He said it so calmly and collected, while simultaneously talking about mass murder. Fluttershy couldn’t respond for a good thirty seconds.

“I’m sorry you don’t like the idea of death. But I’m a carnivore, and I’m built to kill. Its what I was born to do, so I never had a real problem with it. Though it doesn’t mean I’m heartless. I do miss my pack.”

“…O-oh I’m sorry.”

“Not a problem…The moon is no longer my enemy…This is the first time I had the opportunity to gaze upon a full moon without becoming a monster…Do you know what that’s like?” he turned to her.

Fluttershy looked at the ground. “Yes.”

“The memory pains you.” He stated rather than questioned. “Your pain is trivial compared to mine…be thankful for that fact.”

“Hey umm…Mouse?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“You gave me life…” He looked back at the moon “But now in death I go to you for comfort when I cannot rest.” He felt her try to hug him only to phase through him.

He chuckles. “Remember I’m dead. You can’t touch me. But I commend the effort.”

“Sorry.” She looked at the ground. Mouse looked back at her and gave her a warm smile that she noticed and smiled back.

“You’re sweet.”

They remained quiet for a long time while looking at the moon. Sitting in silence and contemplating what to say next, or that’s what Fluttershy was doing. Mouse was waiting for something to arrive. A few minutes pass and Fluttershy looked ready to say something before she caught something at the corner of her eye.

She looked over to see what it was and what she saw stunned her. It froze her into position, not out of fear or because she was afraid…But because she was amazed. Before her in the field was a orb of light. It effortlessly floated across the field like a feather.

“W-what’s that?” she asked. Mouse noticed it too. He looked for a while and responded.

“That is the effect of a world without balance…only the specialists have the power to see them. Well they and I, we can see them. But you can see them when I’m giving you the ability…those balls of light will start eating away at the world if balance cannot be achieved. Too much harmony is a bad thing. Too much chaos is also bad. This only applies to Equestria of course.”

“What do you mean?” she said still fixed on the object that is moving out of view.

“Equestria is a terrible place…too much of one thing has the ability to destroy it. Chaos can dispel these light spirits. Harmony can dispel the dark spirits.”

“I-I don’t want to meet a dark spirit.” Said Fluttershy fearfully.

“Oh Fluttershy I’m hurt! I’m a dark spirit.”

“Oh I-I-I’m sorry! I didn’t know!”

“Calm yourself. I am used to the prejudice the mortal born give me. I am a dark spirit true…but I’m not a dark essence like the light sphere we just saw. Well it is a spirit true but it is a pure one that will remove all that exists when there are too many.”

“Eep! Equestria’s in danger?”

“Yes. But the Everfree Forest is keeping its destruction at bay by creating an environment of extreme hostility.”

“We’re being saved by the Everfree?”

“Yes actually. Impressive hmm? The most terrifying thing on the planet is keeping you safe.” He said with a sly smile.

“Well I guess…” she said unsure.

“*sigh* of course. The ones who walk this world by mortal means would never understand. But you are not to be blamed; you do not remember your former glory. Nurture.” He said lovingly.

“Umm…”

“Heh heh. Good night Fluttershy.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy woke up. Same thing like last time, she couldn’t remember going back to bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Somewhere in another human dimension)

“Well Binary I believe our work is done.”

“Eyup. Just ask and I can get us home doc.”

They sat on a tall tower that looked over the world that they named the citadel. A place where all the nations gather to elect a president that would work in the best interest of mankind. His terms of office reach a maximum of thirty years and his job is to unite the trade industries so that no one is left out. Then there is the galactic community that the president is to tend to. The world of man has advanced very fast and all data is shared. World conflicts are easily dealt with and military now work for the police to secure the streets against gang violence rather than securing borders.

“Well lets not dilly dally and get back to Utopia. I’m sure they will erect statues of us later.”

“Haha yea. Humans are weird and difficult to work with…but if driven right they can work for a common goal of self betterment.”

“Or procreation…procreation is fun.” Said Binary with a grin.

“Shut up and get us home.” Said Witch Doctor.

“Indeed.”

A flash of light and they are gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The streets light up as two new creatures appear from thin air. Ponies look in awe and some even run in fear. Once they notice it was just an appearance of new guests then they continued on their way or went up to meet them.

“Hello, welcome to Ponyville. I assume you’re with the Utopians?” a purple mare asks.

“Yes we are Utopians. Please direct us toward…oh never mind Utopia is right there.” Said Witch Doctor now looking up at the fortress before turning back to the purple mare. “Now I don’t believe I know you. My name is Witch Doctor, may you be so kind as to tell me yours?”

“I’m miss Cheerilee. I’m a teacher; I can guess you’re a doctor?”

“That’s right! And this here is Binary.” He puts his arm around Binary. “He has the ability to control all reality.” He said with a grin while Binary stood proudly.

“Well I hope you don’t cause trouble.”

“Dude Witch Doctor I think she’ll put me in the corner.” He said while faking a look a horror.

“You know I might help her tie you down if you don’t behave. Now fly off and find Golem. I’m sure he’ll be able to fill us in on the state of this realm.”

“Yes sir.” Binary saluted and leaped up into the air a mile up, then shot off into the distance like a jet. Witch Doctor looks back at Cheerilee and laughs when he sees her stunned expression.

“H-how did he do that? He doesn’t have wings.” She asked.

“I told you he controls reality. That means he can control what can and can’t fly.”

“T-that’s amazing.”

“Truly is. Without his help I’m sure there will be thousands without homes or even going hungry. He is a miracle worker.”

“Wow. I must have him in one of my classes to explain the things he’s able to do.” Said Cheerilee with a smile you get when you discover something great.

“Ha ha! Never fear Miss Cheerilee, I’m available if you so wish. I can show your students biology. I am the master of all living creatures…well actually I know how to heal and grow. Mastery over the beasts goes to Beast Master, as implied in the name he can control all animals.”

“Well I’m sure I can find a point to get you in on the advanced earth pony classes at the university we have in town.” She said enthusiastically.

Witch Doctor froze for a moment…’there was a university in Ponyville?’ “There’s a university in Ponyville? I’ve never noticed one before.”

“Well of course you haven’t, you’ve only just arrived.” She said with a raised eyebrow.

“Ah well no use fussing over it. I’ll search for some friends of mine. Have a wonderful day Cheerilee.”

“You to Doctor.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole walked down the street without Rainbow today. His mission was to make sure ponies would be used to seeing him more since he was staying in Ponyville. But in the back of his mind he knew he would never really fit in being a human. The beds where too small, the couches and benches where too small, even the tables only came up to his knees. Safe to say he believed pony society was designed so not everyone can be a part of it. Something he really wished wasn’t true. Some ponies still give him glares and even a few approached Rainbow to harass her. Since then Cole never wanted to leave her side.

He only relented when she assured him that she could take care of herself, and that she wouldn’t pick fights over him. Her friends where great support even though some still didn’t quite think he was as good as he said, but they meant well.

Cole mulled over these thoughts endlessly until he decided to ask for help…Nano Swarms help. She hasn’t been sighted in Ponyville but her swarm was still there to relay any message to her if he chose to get her attention.

“Nano Swarm I need you.” He said out loud while in an invisible cloud of nanobots.

Even Cole could tell the bots where shifting in an unusual way. They started weaving and turning as if building something. Then it hit him. Nano Swarm really was just a nano swarm. She had a body only when she wanted to. Then she appeared before him after a few minutes of assembly.

“That’s impressive.”

“Oh hush. Now what do you want?” she said annoyed.

“I want to know…Is it possible for you to make me a pony?”

She stared at him through the blind fold. She appeared as she did when she first came to this world. She looked at him with unflinching features. “I cannot…but someone I know can.”

“NANO SWARM!” Yelled someone from above. They both looked up, or rather Nano Swarm turned her senses skyward while Cole looked up to see the new comer. Binary has joined their party and he slammed into the ground at sonic speeds and tossed dirt into the air. “How you been?” he said.

“Binary! Just the person I wanted to see. You know where Witch Doctor is?”

“Over there.” He pointed in the direction he came from. “He’s talking with a teacher. Should be returning to Utopia shortly to run some DNA splicing tests or something.”

“Can you tell him I have a new project for him?”

“Sure what you want to do?”

“Turn Cole here into a pony.”

“Cole? You mean your father? Nice to meet you sir.” Binary walked up to him and extended a hand.

“Likewise.” Cole said with a cringe. ‘Another oddity. Great…’ he thought to himself.

“Well thank you for bestowing upon us such a woman like Nano Swarm. She bitches and has no manors.” He teased.

“Really? I’m right here.”

“Of course you are.”

“Nano I like him don’t be rude.” Said Cole a little more joy considering Binary can be so casual while insulting someone.

“So you want to be a pony?”

“Yes. I don’t really fit in without that characteristic you know?”

“Ah understandable. Witch Doctor is the best for changing your species. He knows how to handle the body in ways only a professional can…No homo.” He said after he saw the uneasy expression on Cole’s face.

“Oh good…still seems weird the way you said it.” he commented.

“Yea well. Witch Doctors methods at times are questionable but they turn out all right at all times. If you want to change your appearance or even species he is the one to go to.”

“Well if you say so. So how do I get to him?”

“I’ll take you to Utopia where we will wait for him to come to us.” He said while raising his hand and a bolt of lightning hits between them. They disappear leaving Nano Swarm by herself.

“…No no its ok, I’ll just chill here and wait for you when you’re done…” She said dryly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole and Binary walked down the long hallways to the transportation hubs. They got on a small four person cart and Binary told it to go to Witch Doctors lab. After a few minutes Cole spoke up.

“This place is big.” He said as he admired the architecture that lined the halls with outlines of the sun and its raise leading to rooms with similar fashions.

“We try to make it habitable for all who want to join our society. Not many people find it fun to be without family other than a few psychopaths that are fed up with mankind. Or just people who are fed up with mankind in general. We don’t want those people with us on our noble mission so we turn down all those who wish to join our numbers…”

“This place is beautiful and bright. Light up very well. Not even a shadow.” He looks around the extremely bright interior that Utopia adopted after its last tier of transformation.”

“We have too many generators and enough power reserves for Utopia to power an entire planet for centuries. We need to waste the energy and we put a lot of lights in the great halls that lead to many other parts of the city. Actually you will find every room like this. It mirrors the night as well so that you can have the moons glow effect at night when everything is dark so you can adjust to the light enough so you can find your way around.”

“Cleaver. So how will the doc be able to give me a horse’s body? Will he make one and dump my brain in it? Or will he let me slowly mutate into one?”

“Good question…I don’t know.”

They sat in silence for the remainder of the trip to the fourth station they passed. At which they got out and headed down a hall to a big open chamber.

“What’s this place?” said Cole in amazement.

“The Stasis Chamber room.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witch Doctor got uneasy when he first learned that Nano Swarm can sense the world around her with Nanobots, so he designed his body to be able to sense any type of tamper with the air. He was hypersensitive, not to pain but to any physical contact with his body. So in a way he had whiskers that sensed what was in the air. And only reacted to anything metallic or something similar to metals. They flared when he neared the center of the city where Nano Swarm had dissolved herself into the atmosphere.

“Nano you there?”

“Yes what is it?” said a disembodied voice.

“You meet up with Binary?”

“At your lab waiting for you.”

“Why?” he questioned.

“Because my dad wants to be a pony…”

“…”

“Well doesn’t that sound like fun? Just want to rush up there and go start up your machines?”

“…”

“What the hell dude! You’re usually always eager to do experiments and turn things into other things!”

“Meh not really. I just like doing my job. I also don’t know much about your father so I don’t think I know whether or not I should help him.”

“...Well at least it was an excuse.”

Witch Doctor continued to walk throughout Ponyville while some ponies stopped to look at the human. Most continued on their way as new comers are more and more common. You’d be wrong if you thought someone didn’t know what a human was somewhere in Ponyville, their arrival is just common knowledge. Especially since their city hovers above their own. He came upon the market place but chose to avoid it considering he was without currency and he wouldn’t need anything from there anyway. Though he got a glance from a farm pony he recognized. And beside her was Beast Master.

“Oh finally a specialist.” Witch Doctor smiled and skipped merrily over to them.

“You’re in a good mood.” Said Beast Master before Applejack could say anything.

“That I am friend, that I am. Listen I don’t have a way to get up to Utopia, don’t mind giving me a lift?”

“Not at all. But the elevator was established for us to use. I can show you where it is.”

“I guess that works.”

“Follow me then. See yeh Applejack, have a good day.”

“Now hold up! Aren’t yeh goin’ teh introduce me?” She said with a raised Eyebrow.

“Oh sorry. This is Witch Doctor, the finest medicine man of all the realms.”

“Golly, Zecora will have some competition.”

“Ha ha. She’s a herboligist, I’m a healer of the body and mind.”

“You’ll get along fine with her Ah know it!”

“You’ll have to introduce me then. Beast we must not tarry any longer. Binary awaits us. Oh actually. Applejack what is your opinion of Cole?”

Applejack stared at him for a few moments before she cringed a bit from a memory. “He’s weird. He almost killed Rainbow and when he got back they’re practically, no they ARE in love.”

“He wants to become a pony so he could fit in this society much better. I’m guessing he’s ready to forget his old life for a newer one with Rainbow Dash.”

Applejack’s jaw hit the stand she was managing. “Y-yer what? Well I guess that’s mighty noble of em’ but…Yeh know Ah think Ah can get used to it.” she finished with a smile. “Wait why yeh asken me?”

“I was considering not doing it. But if what you say is true then you hated him at a time. Then forgave him. So if you can forgive him I’m sure others will to and, his transition into pony society would be successful.”

“WAIT!? You didn’t want tah help him?! W-why wouldn’t ya’ll help somepony?”

“Because if ponies weren’t fond of him then my efforts will be in vain. I don’t want to work so hard to let someone’s dreams be crumbled because of the populace.”

“No pony will ever do that!”

“You’d be surprised. Now Beast Master, take me to Utopia.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow was searching for Cole. Her weather job to the east was finished and she wanted to spend more time with him. Although she liked how awesome the reunions with him felt so she also was torn between waiting so it was more awesome or going to have it sooner. Eventually she headed toward Sugar Cube Corner so she could hang out with Pinkie. Along her way she saw two bipeds walking toward the edge of town. Wondering who they were, she flew down to meet them.

“Yo!” she shouted to them. She got closer and saw it was Beast Master and an unknown human that she didn’t recognize. “Whoa who are you?”

“My names Witch Doctor. You must be Rainbow Dash; I’ve heard you and Cole are together?”

“Yea what’s it to you?” she said suspiciously.

“What do you say about him becoming a pony? Just wondering because I could guess he gets some stares from others.”

“Well I wouldn’t blame him but I don’t mind him being human. Hey what’s this about?”

“Can you follow me please?”

“Sure what for?”

“You’ll see.”

Beast Master spoke up. “We’re almost there. See the park? We need to stand by the bench.”

“For what?” asked Rainbow.

They approached the bench and Beast turns to them.

“Well there it is. I won’t be joining you. I don’t really care much for drama.”

“Suit yourself. Rainbow I need you to come with me, its about Cole.”

“What about him? Is he in trouble?!”

“Not quite.”

A sudden flash of light interrupts their thoughts. The world goes a pure white color and when their vision clears they are standing in the stasis room. Two humans wait by the chambers looking monumentally bored. Then they can make them out as Binary and Cole. Cole looks relieved that Witch Doctor was finally there but his face put on a frown when he saw Rainbow.

“R-Rainbow? What are you doing here?”

“C-Cole? What’s going on?”

“Binary you can leave now. I’m sure you can find something more entertaining than this.”

“I heard that! All right! I’m going to race Sky Rider. She should be in the hanger I think.”

He sped away through the doors.

“Ok why did you bring Rainbow?” Asked Cole. Rainbow almost looked hurt from the comment. It pinged his chest with pain for the reaction and he regretted saying it.

“Because you acted impulsively and didn’t talk to Rainbow about this. Now you two will decide what’s best for BOTH your futures.”

Comments ( 2 )

845807 Why was this canceled?

3405396
The more of this I wrote the more i realized I was prabably just wasting my time. I had a new story idea "What Happens in Terraria" that I was very excited about and I decided to cancel this and move on. Besides, at the time I did that I only had one like on this story and two dislikes.

I figured I would delete this story but I realized I'd rather have this to remind me to be humble. I mean I started off at the very bottom of fimfiction, only getting lucky enough to get 10 likes on one of my stories.

So yea that's why this is canceled. And I don't feel like starting it up again. :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment