• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 560 Views, 17 Comments

Betrayal - Hazel_Hester777



A tragic tale of love, tragedy, betrayal, and murder most foul

  • ...
12
 17
 560

The Funeral

Twilight put on her mourning clothes and dress as Spike wore the suit. She knew this would be the last time she would see her marefriend’s body. For Spike, he hoped that Bunny would not be too upset to miss the whole event. Grabbing their white roses, they headed to the door.

________________________________________

Rarity put on the collar as she was escorted outside with Thunder Cloud. She knew that the least she could was to attend the funeral. After this, she’ll be in prison for the next forty years or until she died.

________________________________________

Pinkie still kept her mane deflated as she put on the black clothing. She never liked sadness, but her friend was dead. She grabbed her rose and got ready to go to the event she hosted.

________________________________________

Rainbow and Applejack got ready for the event, doing their best to stay away from crying too early. To Applejack, it was like losing an old friend. To Rainbow, it was losing her first sister.

________________________________________

Zephyr was having a hard time choosing his own mourning clothes, but his parents picked the right ones for him. He wanted to make his sister proud, so he refused. But they told him it may be the one thing she would allow, he reluctantly obeyed. He was the only child left, both his sisters were dead. As if losing Poison Rose very young wasn’t bad enough.

________________________________________

Bunny had already woken up from the week long absence and woke up the night before as she met up with Dino. She got ready for the funeral the next day. This would also be her farewell to Angel and the other animals.

________________________________________

Everypony got ready to go through with the whole event. After the time for word was over, Twilight and the others headed up to give their white roses to Fluttershy.

Rainbow lamented mentally about how she was the sister never had as she laid her rose. Applejack gave a sincere gratitude about how she once made life at the orchard better with vampire fruit bats because of the sanctuary. Pinkie whispered how this was her first ever held funeral was with one of her best friends. Rarity, though met with scorn for her being the cause, added an apology that she knew would never be pardoned. Twilight lamented that she doesn’t know if she could ever live on without her. Spike added how she would’ve made a great wife to Twilight. Angel came to give a daisy for his owner, mentally remembering how the caretaker raised him no matter how disobedient he was to her. Bunny arrived with a white rose and the leash Fluttershy walked her with.

I’d rather only have my leash when I walk with you, or not have it at all, just as how close we were, was Bunny’s explanation.

After that, they all on as Fluttershy’s coffin was lowered in the ground. When it was finally fully buried, the group faced each other. Everypony just cried as they took in the fact that their shyest friend was now gone.

“Bunny, what’s gonna happen now to you?” Twilight asked to break the silence.

“Angel and the rest of the animals are leaving to the forest; we’re saying goodbye today. After this, my guess is me and my pets are going home to E-arth since you don’t need us”

Twilight was upset for what she said that whole week ago. “Bunny, can we talk tonight?”

“See you at the castle?”

Twilight nodded.

“Sugarcube” Applejack tried comforting a devastated Rainbow Dash. “I’m sorry about her”

“My sister’s gone, Applejack” Rainbow spoke through the sobs. “And it was only after a few weeks after she found out about that”

Rarity watched the rest of the group at the wake of what she had done. “Girls, I’m sorry about…”

“Go away, Rarity” Twilight softly spoke.

Rarity was taken back at what the Alicorn said. “But, Twilight, I’m…”

“That’s Princess Twilight Sparkle to you!” she declared, using her title. “And don’t speak! Because of you, Fluttershy’s dead! You got overtaken by your own jealousy that you went and killed her just because she was dating your crush?! Well, guess what, Rarity! I HATE YOU!”

Rarity wanted to speak, but due to declaration and guilt, she couldn’t. She deserved this. It was all her fault. She was the one to blame for Fluttershy. Now, she didn’t just lose somepony she crushed on, she lost her friends. And, possibly even disrupted a balance of love and sent Bunny to go back to E-arth.

________________________________________

Rainbow Dash and Applejack headed to Sweet Apple Acres. There, they were greeted by Scootaloo and Applebloom. The fillies didn’t even bother them because they knew one was more upset than the other. Scootaloo was well aware of Rainbow’s adopting Fluttershy as a sister when they were younger and was aware she too just lost a sister, but one she never had. Rainbow Dash cried her way into the night, and Applejack did her best to comfort her.

________________________________________

Pinkie Pie went home, her mane deflated from depression. The Cakes tried to get her to cheer up, but she just walked past them. They said nothing as she closed the door to her room. There, she hugged Gummi as she grieved. Gummi, though he looked like he didn’t know anything, was well-aware of her situation.

________________________________________

Rarity was taken back to the Police, and she went without a fight. She hung her head in shame as Thunder Cloud led her to her cell. After he closed the door and left her with the guards, she picked up the book with her and Fluttershy’s pictures. She held it close as she lied down awake on her bed.

I’m sorry, Fluttershy

________________________________________

Angel bid farewell as he led the animals to the forest. With no caretaker to look after them, they were to return to the wild. Angle kept the collar that Bunny gave him as a remembrance. Bunny herself began to pack up everything she had in her suitcase. The case ready, she went to Twilight’s for their little evening chat. She brought along a small note that she found. The note read,

To: Twilight Sparkle

________________________________________

Bunny walked her way through the dark and lonely streets of Ponyville until she came to Twilight’s Castle. The eerie silence of the night was calming and comforting. It always gave a sense of peace. Bunny knocked on the door of the Castle to have it opened by Spike.

“Hey” he said.

“Hey” Bunny greeted back.

Spike just led Bunny inside before hugging her. She gladly returned it before pulling away.

“Where’s Twilight?” she asked.

“She’s in the Throne Room” Spike responded, leading the way.

Later, Bunny finally came to face the Alicorn. Twilight was sitting on her throne, staring at Fluttershy’s own. She could tell she felt like she was about to break down now that her marefriend was gone. Bunny silently approached as Spike stayed in the hallway. Twilight noticed the alien’s approaching so she got off her throne until she was finally infront of her.

“Bunny, about last week,” Twilight started, looking down. “I’m sorry about…” she was cut off when Bunny hugged her tightly. The Alicorn was surprised at first, but she gladly returned the hug. She knew this meant that the alien forgave her. But now, she had to make sure that she still had a chance to keep Bunny here at Equestria.

“I forgive you” Bunny whispered as she pulled away from the hug.

Twilight nodded. She then noticed that Bunny had a small note wrapped up in her paws.

“What’s that?”

“I don’t know. It just read To ‘Twilight Sparkle’. Maybe it’s Fluttershy’s. I didn’t read it though”

Without any more waiting, Twilight took the note, unwrapped it, and read it with her eyes.

Dear Twilight,

By the time you’re reading this, I must be dead. I know this will be a tough patch for you, but you must remember to stay strong. Rule Harmony and Friendship like you are meant to be. Don’t let sorrow rule you forever, since you live that long. And if you miss me, just remember that I’ll always be in your heart. And as for Bunny, I hope you take good care of her. She will always be there for you in hard times, maybe even help you be comforted. I love you

Love,

Fluttershy

Twilight felt tears flood her eyes up at the letter’s words. This was Fluttershy’s last letter. How it got to Bunny she did not know. Perhaps when she was in the Hospital, she wanted to make sure so she wrote it while Bunny slept and got a bird to take it to her cottage and place it where the alien would find it.

“What did it say?” Bunny asked.

This was it. This was when Twilight had to take back what she said that week ago.

“Bunny, remember that promise I made to Fluttershy before she began to cough up like that?”

“Yes?”

“Well, I intend on keeping that promise”

Bunny’s eyes went wide. “You mean?”

Twilight then nodded before she hugged the alien. “I’m sorry” she whispered.

Bunny felt Twilight cry again, so she decided to hug back to help the Alicorn. Bunny sent Dino out of his Starseed to go and get her suitcase and come back to the Castle. Spike joined in for the group hug now that they knew Twilight needed it most. Twilight didn’t dare to let go of the alien in her hooves. This was practically Fluttershy’s last thing to entrust to her, and she would take care of it deeply.

Comments ( 16 )

Why so many dislikes?
This story is awesome.

So what happened to Sweetie Belle?

9384090
i wonder what she thinks of her now murderer sister. it’ll take a long time before they can see eye to eye again.

why would Rarity allow lust to drive her to unhesitatingly murder Fluttershy? and why slowly?

9386037
You try liking somepony for a very long time, getting close to confess to them, only to find out they just confessed to your best friend. Then picture them dating, doing all the things you would've done, and dreading the prospect of marriage. Also, the pony can be quite a drama queen, in all honesty.

9392728
still shouldn’t encite murder considering their history together. the more humane thing to have done is drive a wedge between them by framing her for... i don’t know ruining Twilights favorite book or something.

9393040
It was Hester's idea. She always had a love for gore, and influenced me.
By the way, following up your earlier reply, what's lust?

9393773
you don’t know?

it’s one of the seven deadly sins, lust is the overwhelming need for sex and neediness and putting your sexuality above all else or in Rarity’s case she loved Twilight to the point it didn’t matter who got hurt.

9395593
....umm... You don't know?? Tell me how old are you before I answer that please.

9395791
I'm about 14, though Hester keeps telling everyone I'm 12. She always does this. Everytime that topic is brought up, she'd bring up an excuse not to let me know. Even in school! What is it?

9397255
umm... I think it’s ok to talk about it then.

it’s when you want to get really intimate with somebody else like beyond just kissing. it’s how babies are made. it’s something both sex’s love [not just men :ajbemused:] there’s a lot of ways to put it, to be honest perhaps talk about it with your parents.

9397543
Mom doesn't really tell me about these "facts of life" or something. I still don't get it. Why would Hester not let me know? Is it bad?

9398257
<.<.... :applejackunsure:... best let time tell ya. trust me it’s for the best.

Login or register to comment