• Published 8th Oct 2016
  • 561 Views, 17 Comments

Betrayal - Hazel_Hester777



A tragic tale of love, tragedy, betrayal, and murder most foul

  • ...
12
 17
 561

Last Moments

Fluttershy kept coughing up her blood for several times before it finally subsided. She took deep breaths as soon as she was able to breathe again. Twilight and Bunny were already getting worried. Spike left the room to call help from the doctor.

“Twilight…” Fluttershy choked out. “What’s happening?”

Twilight tried her best to calm her marefriend by holding her hoof. “It’s okay, Flutters. It will be okay”

Bunny nuzzled Fluttershy as Spike came back inside with the doctors. The doctor was shocked to see what unfolded before him. He told Nurse Redheart to go and check on the wound, which she did. She gasped with what she saw: the wound began to bleed out again. She reported to the doctor to what she saw. The doctor shook his head.

“Why? What’s wrong with her?” Spike asked in fear.

“Miss Fluttershy appears to have not been able to fully heal from the whole incident. There was a major nerve that was cut by Rarity. The procedures we did to her only kept her alive for a matter of a few more weeks. We were hoping that she would finally heal from the cut, but all that hope is gone since she’s coughing up blood”

“What?” Fluttershy was shocked to hear the news.

“I’m sorry, you only have a few minutes left to live before it gets worse and you die. There’s nothing we can do now. All you can do now is say your goodbyes”

Fluttershy looked down as Spike began to tear up. Bunny hoped that this wouldn’t happen, but her Daze was all true and happening. Twilight knew this was the hardest part.

“We’ll give you some time alone” the doctor said before he and Nurse Redheart left.

Fluttershy began to cough but didn’t with blood this time. Twilight was beginning to get desperate as she wanted that she would do anything to keep her alive. “Bunny, can you try something?”

Bunny only responded by trying to cast a spell, only to be repelled off and sent flying to the wall by an invisible force. The impact was very hard and she held her head in pain.

“I can’t” she said. “They won’t let me”

“It’s okay, Bunny” Fluttershy choked out. “You tried anyway. But, can you do me a favor?”

“What is it?”

“Call Joshua here, now”

Bunny then successfully summoned Joshua. How she did that but not heal her? Even weirder, Summoning was a harder task than Healing.

“What is it, child?” Joshua asked.

“Bless me, Father”

Bunny, Twilight, and Spike were taken back at this. Fluttershy had just asked for Absolution from Joshua the High Priest.

“Please, Father. I don’t want to die like this”

Joshua nodded, and putting a hand on Fluttershy’s head, began the Absolution. “God, the Father of mercies, through the death and resurrection of his Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, + and of the Holy Spirit”

“Thank you, Father”

“We shall see you soon, child” Joshua nodded. He then whispered something in Bunny’s ear, which she nodded to before he left.

A moment later, the rest of the gang showed up.

“I can’t believe this! You’re dying!” Rainbow cried, literally.

“Sugarcube, we hoped that you would be alright!”

“Now I’ll never be able to put together your Getting Better Party!”

The next thing Bunny picked up was something that made things even harder. “Here comes the family” she mumbled as Fluttershy’s family, Mr. Shy, Mrs. Shy, and Zephyr. All of which were already begging to cry.

“Fluttershy, who did this to you?! I swear I’ll kill them!” Zephyr cried as he hugged his elder sister.

“Zephyr, killing her assailant will not bring her back” Mrs. Shy said, trying to hold back the tears.

“I don’t care! She’s the only sister I have left!” Zephyr began to break down.

“Zephyr Breeze, it will be alright. Just do me one thing: promise me that you will be able to live on your own”

Zephyr began to cry, but he nodded. “Tell Poison Rose I said hi”

Fluttershy nodded. “Mom and dad, you’ve given me a wonderful life. You’re best parents a pony could ever ask for. I love you”

Mr. and Mrs. Shy began to cry, but nodded. “We love you too, sweetie”

“Rainbow, I know you are related to me because of adoption. But still, you made me feel like I still had family. Thank you for saving me when you found me”

Rainbow cried. “You’re welcome, sister”

“Applejack, take good care of Rainbow. You’re a very lucky mare to have her as your lover”

Applejack sniffled. “Ah will, for you”

“Pinkie, all I can say is that I know this is your first time to lose somepony as a friend. But please, do me one thing: never stop smiling”

Pinkie was about to break down, but she managed to force a smile. “I Pinkie Pie Promise”

“And Spike, take care of Twilight. You’re a good dragon, and I knew that from when I first saw you”

Spike tearfully nodded.

Fluttershy then turned to the side to see Bunny, who was already beginning to cry.

“And Bunny, you have always been there for me. Thick and thin. You’re more than just an apprentice or companion, you’re my friend. And I really hope to see God’s Kingdom” Fluttershy then hugged the young alien, whispering something in her ear. She nodded as Fluttershy put her down.

Fluttershy then turned to face the one she loved the most, her lover Twilight Sparkle. The Alicorn was already crying; she knew that this meant she was about to die.

“Twilight, I’m glad I was lucky enough to have a somepony like you to love. I know this will be hard, but please stay strong. I love you, never forget that”

Twilight began to sob. “Fluttershy, I love you too. You’re the best marefriend I ever had. I wish there was a way for you to survive this. How can I ever love again without you?”

“Do your best, Twilight…I love…you…” Fluttershy spoke softly, before closing her eyes and her heartbeat on the screen stopped. Her breathing stopped, a small tear fell out of her eye as her face left a smile. Bunny pressed one of her ears against the Pegasus’ chest, before signaling there was no heartbeat.

“Oh my goodness” Zephyr began to tear up. “Mom, is she…?”

“Yes, Zephyr” Mrs. Shy said one last thing before crying. “I’m afraid that our Fluttershy is…gone”

Mr. and Mrs. Shy then began to cry for losing their last daughter as Zephyr sobbed hysterically. Rainbow couldn’t contain herself as she cried her eyes out on Applejack’s shoulder. Pinkie’s mane and tail deflated while Spike pat her. Twilight openly sobbed on Fluttershy’s bedside, as though her crying will bring her back. Bunny tried to hold back her own tears as she nuzzled Fluttershy’s hoof.

Twilight noticed Bunny’s actions, fury filled up in her when she realized the alien was unable to help. “DON’T TOUCH HER!” she yelled.
Bunny looked up, confused and scared.

“YOU COULDN’T EVEN HELP HER! YOU KNOW SHE NEEDED YOU, BUT YOU JUST LET HER BE! YOU HAD A THE ABILITY TO DO SO, BUT YOU DIDN’T EVEN DO THAT!”

Bunny began to tear up. “Twilight, it wasn’t my fault. They wouldn’t let me…”

“GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN!”

Bunny began to cry; she couldn’t contain it anymore as she turned about face and ran off down the hallway. All the way through, she cried. Fluttershy’s dead, and Twilight hates her. She ran as fast as she could towards the path that led to the cottage.

________________________________________

Later that night…

Twilight yelled as she threw a table to the wall in anger. She used so much force that when the table made contact with the wall, it broke into a thousand pieces. She growled in rage from the pain and sadness in her heart.

“That won’t bring her back, you know” Spike said.

“THIS IS ALL RARITY’S FAULT! IF SHE DIDN’T KILL HER THEN FLUTTERSHY WOULD STILL BE ALRIGHT!”

“Yes, we all know. But you have to calm it down. You still have us, your friends, your family, your mentor Celestia…”

“I DON’T CARE ABOUT CELESTIA NOW!” Twilight yelled as the tears overtook her. “SHY’S DEAD! DO YOU HEAR ME?!”

Spike then approached Twilight and hugged her, which she immediately accepted. Twilight cried as Spike tried to comfort her. She took a long while before the dragon thought it was okay to talk. He then faced Twilight.

“I’m sorry” Spike whispered. “Look, I may not know the feeling of losing one I love, but I know what it feels like to have a heart broken. That has been since the day Rarity was found out to kill Fluttershy because she loved you. I was angry, but I had to move on. Twilight, she’s not really gone. She’s here” he then pointed to her chest. “In your heart. And, yes, her animals are leaving after the funeral. But, there is still one of Fluttershy’s friends that you can keep from leave”

Twilight thought for a bit, before she realized what she promised. “Bunny! I promised Fluttershy I would…” she began to cry as she realized her mistake. “And I said I didn’t want to see her again…Oh, Spike, what have I done?”

Twilight then began to cry as Spike hugged her.

________________________________________

“It will be alright, Rainbow” Applejack whispered as the Pegasus cried onto her shoulder.

“My…sister…” she sobbed.

________________________________________

“Oh, Gummi” Pinkie cried as she held the alligator. “I have to hold a funeral for one of my friends”

________________________________________

“Miss Rarity” one of the guards said. “You better get ready for a visit at the cemetery next week”

“Why?”

“Your victim is dead. Sniffer Bunny gave you a collar that keeps you from attacking. If you try so much as to hold a knife, it will shock you”

“Fluttershy’s dead?” Rarity held a hoof over her mouth as she felt like crying.

“Indeed. Your time in prison will be suspended for the next few hours at the funeral, and Thunder Cloud will be there to meet with Sniffer”

Rarity nodded as she sat on the floor. She then began to cry as one thing kept repeating in her head.

I killed my best friend.

________________________________________

Bunny had already informed the rest of the animals of their owner’s death. They all took it as they went to get ready for the funeral. For Angel, he knew that meant it was time to go to the forest and say goodbye to Bunny and the others. Dino was already getting them ready for the day. Bunny herself grieved all the way until she came to a place that may help her while waiting for the funeral.

As she approached the Garden, she knew that something would open up right beneath the stump in the center. As she went nearer, she finally found it: a small pool of water.

A pool with water from the Jordan River, she thought. She knew dipping in the water for more than a day would make her stronger for a complicated spell she needed. But, as she heard from Pinkie, it would take her a week before the whole funeral was ready. That amount of time would be able to help Bunny get enough power she needed. Without any more waiting, she jumped into the water as she closed her eyes. She then allowed sleep to overtake her as needed.

Author's Note:

To be honest, we kinda hate ourselves right now. We just killed our favorite MLP character in story! (I'm gonna go in my room right now)