• Published 25th Nov 2016
  • 519 Views, 66 Comments

Mass Core 2: Crimson Horizon - Unwhole Hole



Thought lost for decades, the Equestrian starship Crimson Horizon returns from the void to reak havoc across the galaxy.

  • ...
14
 66
 519
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 15 )

I fully recognize that this story will likely have difficulties with reception. I ask only that if you intend to press the "dislike" button, at least consider stopping a moment to comment and tell me why.

My lord. You made a sequel?! This is getting auto-faved and read as soon as I have time. Was a fan of the first one and I only have great expectations for this one!

Great story, but it leaves a bitter taste with how it all "ended". No complaints on the narrative from me, but as I said, some parts just left me a funny feeling in me and sincerely, the final scene? It seemed a bit too convoluted for my tastes. I almost said "Really?" out loud when I read that.
Any other than that, a story that I would read again sometime. Keep up the good work.

7752294 Thank you. When I was going over the plot of this with another guy as I was writing, he said something along the lines of "Seriously. Do not use that ending. DO NOT." I couldn't help myself. Xyuka's role had been set early on, but Bob's role was a later addition. It kind of gives Bob a reason to actually be there.

And again, thank you so much for your feedback.

7753993 From a Council perspective, I figure that the Alliance must be very scary. In less than 2 centuries, humans went from being barely able to get to the moon to demanding a seat on the Council. And then, once they had that seat, their Councilor tried to sell them out to the Reapers while another human (the Illusive Man) thwarted every attempt at galactic defense.

In my interpretation, when humanity did not automatically get a new seat on the Council after the war they took it as a huge offense. That, and the Alliance found Council law too restrictive (hence the synths, which are basically a huge middle finger to the Council). Combined with inherent xenophobia, relations went down hill fast.

Not an ending I would've pictured but still great.

I'm gonna have to agree with
7752294
the ending with bob was out of place. reminded me of a sitcom plot from 'all my circuits'.
that said, I'm looking forward to where you take this.

This story made my eye twitch and left and old taste in my stomach. But still creative.

8894460

the rodent with the moon

It's been a while since I've read this. What is this?

This has been a really fun read. I think that things started becoming a bit weird (I seriously don't know a better word for it) either a bit after Sunset retrieves the Key from Cadance, or after the invasion of the Citadel. If I had to guess it would be because the power levels of all the characters starts to become somewhat hazy, there's less focus on the interactions and relationships of the cast (probably my favorite part, even though I find the narrative to be interesting and thrilling), and it seems as though every victory for the protagonists is marred by some ulterior plot that there was either insufficient foreshadowing for, or was simply impossible to prevent.

Regardless, I'm enjoying myself very much reading this series. The narrative and especially the characters are all extremely compelling.

I just reread Mass Core 1 and 2. This is in my top 3 stories on the internet.
Also, what is "soy-chet"?

Comment posted by Unwhole Hole deleted Apr 10th, 2019

9553471
Sunset Shimmer's voice actress is named Rebecca Shoichet. Xyuka is intentionally mispronouncing it.

The ending with Bob is a deus ex machina. Really ruined it.

The ending was genuinely sad. Starlight did the hero sacrifice, got the reward and recognition, and now Equestria is going to stop enforcing slavery. But Twilight didn't actually survive, and one or two galaxies of ponies are now going to come under the thumb of Cerberus. Quite the gut-punch. It didn't earn a dislike from me, though.

Login or register to comment