• Published 27th Jun 2012
  • 3,387 Views, 108 Comments

6.7.11 - Morningstar1337



The 11th Doctor must stop the Silence with the help of his companions and several little ponies.

  • ...
7
 108
 3,387

PreviousChapters Next
Alhena ♊ Sapphire Tempo

Olympus Limited Crystal Mines (HD 59686 b) 9:00 AM 6/30/3128

Amy and Rory were busy asking Icarus about the chronosteel. River Song was busy putting the chronosteel away. She took up her sonic blaster and puts the weapon away.

The Doctor was busy checking out the gems when the 12 ponies had entered the cave.

"Doctor," said Rarity. "We have a problem."

The Time Lord noticed little studs in the chests of these ponies (and on the flanks of the fillies). One of their hooves each also appeared crystallized. Twilight explained about the spell they helped Rarity cast. Rainbow Dash meanwhile was getting mad about this turn of events.

The Doctor decided to go to Daedalus and Pygmalion and ask them about these gems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympus Limited Crystal Mines (HD 59686 b) 9:07 AM

The Doctor went inside the guest complex and used the communications device on the desk. He tried getting one of the scientists on the phone.

"Hello?" said a voice on the other end. It was Pygmalion.

"I need to know, Was there somewhere we shouldn't go? Any place we should not open?" the Doctor said.

"Not really, you're free to go anywhere as you wish," Pygmalion said. "However there are some gemstones that are holding back the Heliotropes. But these are so heavy you would need telekinesis to lift them."

"Like the telekinesis the unicorns I brought with me are capable of?" the Doctor said.

Pygmalion paused for a moment and said "Is anybody turning to crystal now?"

"12 ponies, yes."

"Doctor, I know a cure for this, but you must get everyone back to my complex on the other end of this cave Now. Icarus will lead the way. He sure to have noticed by now." Pygmalion had hung up.

The Doctor had went to Icarus first and the two of them gathered up everyone for escape. The group had tried to come out the way they came in, but the pathway was blocked. There were some footsteps coming in the distance. The group then looked for another path.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympus Limited Crystal Mines (HD 59686 b) 9:10 AM

Professor Pygmalion told Professor Daedalus about the Doctor's predicament and they left their own complex. They took some crystals with them. The pathway they took to the meteor was blocked.

"Damn." Said Pygmalion.

"We have to go another way." Daedalus said.

Just then two cloaked ponies had appeared in front of them. The two scientists are surprised by the encounter.

"Are you with Olympus Limited?" Pygmalion said.

One of the ponies took off her hood to reveal Minty's head. Her partner did the same and revealed Ditzy's head. Minty said "No, and isn't this an abandoned facility?"

Daedalus answered yes to the green earth pony. The grey wall-eyed pegasus had asked the scientists about the Dragon virus. Daedalus then realized that the ponies must have been connected to someone else he knew. He went back to the complex and pulled out a Jade crystal.

"Is this what Sirius wants?" Daedalus said.

The two ponies nodded. Pygmalion said "Who in the world is Sirius?" Daedalus then took Pygmalion to speak in private.

"25 years ago..." He said. "A cloaked woman had appeared back in Cretopolis. I was still working on the Pit, Perhaps you heard of it?"

"Kind of hard not to," said Pygmalion. "You put your name on it and everything. And then our bosses put you and your newborn child there 20 years back."

"I escaped the prison, and later the planet with Icarus. But back then the woman told me that something bad will happen: 108 still points will emerge in the Medusa Cascade, 88 stars will scream, their scream will pierce 216 frequencies and eventually destroy the universe. I had this feeling that Olympus Limited had something to with this. But when I started investigating King Minos came with a battalion of Sentinels and arrested me in my own dungeon. When I escaped I started working on a Virus that can crash their systems while Icarus helped you with your research."

"So are these ponies related?"

"Not diretcly to the Doctor, no. But when I saw him I noticed a sensed a faint connection between the two. I think that he may be the one one who will use it to eliminate the people in charge of this dreaded corporation." They heard some growling and decided to go. they said goodbye to the cloaked ponies, but they decided to help the scientist reunite with the others. The group of four then exited the and tried to track the Doctor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympus Limited Crystal Mines (HD 59686 b) 9:25 AM

The Doctor's group had finally found another pathway to the TARDIS and entered another cave. By that point the unicorns' horn were fully turned to crystal and The pegasi's wings are party turned to crystal. Most of the ponies were struggling to move their now fully crystallized leg.

Castor and Pollux were busy comforting the ponies.

Pollux said "Are you gonna..."

"...be okay?" Castor said.

Icarus than stood in disbelief over the sudden shift in speech patterns. the human scientist than pulled our a crystal and said into it "This is Crystal Log 67-43-11. The Heliotrope Golems have escaped. 12 um ponies have been exposed to the Crystal virus. Normally the victims can still move and communicate even when fully crystallized. But the biology of the little ponies may prove otherwise in this case. The twins and I are equipped with neural relays in case we perish. We had encountered The Doctor. I pray that he may somehow help us." Icarus put the crystal back.

The Doctor meanwhile was using his sonic screwdriver to track the TARDIS. But something's interfering with the signal. Twilight Sparkle came to the Time Lord. She had felt some regret in him.

"Is there something wrong?" she said.

"Huh, of no. Nothing's wrong at all," said the Doctor. "Well aside from...that" referring to the crystallization of the ponies.

"Are you sure?"

The Doctor was actually really unsure. Ever since the Time War the Doctor had felt some guilt for being the sole surviving Time Lord. Now there is another species of intelligent beings, and they too became an endangered species. The Doctor had promised them that he set thing right somehow. But now he's not even sure he can fulfill that promise.

Amy had met up with them. She had noticed something wrong with the last Time Lord.

"It's what happened to the other Time Lords again isn't it?" she said. Twilight had been confused by her words. The purple unicorn had wondered what happen the Doctor's species. Suddenly there was some growling. Icarus then went ahead and said "We need to hurry." The Doctor then used the screwdriver and said "It's this way." while pointing to a cave to the north east. The group then followed the Time Lord hoping to escape whatever has been unleashed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympus Limited Crystal Mines (HD 59686 b) 9:30 AM

Pygmalion and Daedalus followed by the cloaked Minty and Ditzy had went down the cave. They had entered a chamber of sorts. In this chamber was rock monsters and some sort of heat source. The foursome had hidden behind some rocks.

"That's them?" Minty said.

"What, black crystalline bodies, blood splats on them, and hulking big figures?" deadpanned Pygmalion "That's them alright."

"Care to explain Pygmalion?" Daedalus said. He then prepared to begin his story.

Meanwhile The Doctor's group had made it to an empty chamber. They rested for a moment. The Doctor had confronted Icarus and said "What are these things?"

"What things?" Icarus said.

"Those Helio-whatis things you mentioned." said Rainbow Dash. "And what do they have to do with This?" she stretched out her now fully crystallized wings.

Pollux said "He's not gonna..."

"...tell you." said Castor.

The Doctor had noticed something in Castor's hand. the girl int he black shirt had gave him a crystal. He examined it with his screwdriver and saw some holograms pop up. The holographic documents had the file-name "Heliotrope_Data.doc." Every one started reading the documents.

Meanwhile back at the chamber with the Professors. Pygmalion had began his exposition. He said "It all started with my research. I was busy working with the Hephaestus Division of Olympus Limited. My work as you could guess was to find a way to store data into crystals. One day I was studying How lifeforms could think, feel, Live. It was then that I had an idea. I decided to go to work with other scientists to create some prototypes for this breakthrough. Unfortunately the crystals we used were unable to keep up with the emotion, making them little less than Cybermen. The only difference between the two was that at least the Cybermen could think. These were a different story."

"So that how the Heliotrope Golems started huh?" Daedalus said.

"What happened next?" Ditzy Doo said.

"Although the Hephaestus Division saw it a failure. The Ares division saw it a success. They wanted warriors, immune to pain and suffering, and easily manipulated." Pygmalion mused on his thought before resuming. "I knew that these...monsters will bring death and destruction to the entire universe. I backed up and deleted the original notes and with the help of several fellow employees, deactivated the Golems and sent them to this planet where I hoped to continue my research and that it would not result in more weapons. I had used the ship that brought the golems here to try and find some help."

"And that's when you saw us, escaping from Cretopolis." Daedalus said.

"You and your son were of exceptional help to my research." said Pygmalion. "Thanks to you I was able to perfect Project Galatea, and changed simple gemstones to beings that can act, feel, and think for themselves. But now we must focus on stopping the mistakes of my past and ensure a better future for all."

"Does the crystallization of the ponies have anything to do with this?" Daedalus said.

"What crystallization?" Minty said.

"The Crystal virus was a side effect of their presence." said Pygmalion. "All it simply did was turn the victims into living crystal statues. However it did so in a way that was thought impossible by nature. Only lifeforms that were there when the Golems were first exposed to oxygen could catch the virus. And even if fully crystallized the victims could still move, speak, and think. For a few months at least."

"Wait that would imply that Golems need to be kept somewhere without air in the first place right?" Minty was a little surprised by her sentence.

"Aye," said Pygmalion. "During the initial experiments they were kept inside a space station near the Oodsphere. And here we sealed them inside a vacuum-filled space to keep them from the wrong hands. The crystals made from the virus had broken down after a couple months. But by researching it's effect, Daedalus, Icarus and I were able to create 2 lifeforms that were resistant to breaking down for at least a thousand years. And in the process, reverse-engineer a cure for the victims. I had secretly sent the first batch of it to the victims of the initial strain."

There was a pause and suddenly tally marks appeared on Ditzy's side. The gray pegasus had noticed and tole the others to run. They were suddenly surrounded by Silents, but have escaped to a nearby cave. Some of the aliens were about to chase them until a holographic screen appeared. it was the eye-patched lady. She said "Let the golems take care of them." The memory-proof aliens the went in front of the Golems gave some commands and disappeared.

PreviousChapters Next