• Published 26th Oct 2016
  • 5,427 Views, 9 Comments

What Was Said - Onward Twilight



In the first Equestria Girls, they don't tell us what Applejack and Rainbow Dash actually say to each other on the field. Now you know.

  • ...
7
 9
 5,427

Few Words Exchanged

- What Was Said -
- Few Words Exchanged -

Rainbow Dash, Canterlot High School's best female athlete, was just about to hit another black-and-white sphere into the dark bluish-tinted net with amazingly awesome perfect aim. Her eyes scrunched up in concentration as she tried to focus all of her brainpower on the ball. If she was going to kick this ball as well as she had the others, then she needed a perfect focus. Rainbow's eyes expertly fixated on the sphere, and she lifted her nimble leg cautiously so as not to upset the earth underneath her. Finally, Rainbow stood in the perfect stance, ready to make one of the best goals of her life.

That is, Rainbow was ready, right up until her great and daring feat was interrupted by an annoying and loud country accent.

"Hey! Rainbow Dash!" a voice called, snapping said girl out of her concentration. Rainbow Dash abruptly stopped kicking soccer balls into the overly decorated goal, whipping around to see none other than Applejack. They had been dating for a while, until Applejack had gone and lied to Rainbow for one of her big bake sale events. Rainbow Dash was supposed to bring the softball team to support it, but when had Applejack bluffed about the date, Rainbow had showed up with the entire softball team to an empty field. Then, a couple days later, Applejack broke up with Rainbow Dash over the phone, barring no explanation, and was never to be heard from again.

In other words, Rainbow Dash was more than a little bit frustrated with the cowgirl.

"What do you want?" Rainbow sneered, her hand on her hip in disgust. It wasn't helping that Applejack looked absolutely gorgeous in this light. And that she had her beautiful blonde hair in its usual loose ponytail, tied back with her usual maroon hair tie. And that-

Rainbow cut off her trail of thought, not wishing to be overcome by Applejack's stunning beauty... again. This is why it had been so hard on Rainbow after the breakup - because every time she saw Applejack, it was like another reminder of what she was still missing out on. Every time she saw Applejack, it was like all the good memories flowed back into her brain instead of the bad ones, and suddenly she had no reason to be angry anymore.

But Dash had to be angry. Without a reason to be angry, there was no way Rainbow could ever overcome the sadness that would follow.Without a reason to be angry, Dash would become the school softie, and dismiss her title of "Best Female Athlete". Heck, she might even give up sports forever out of depression, or sadness, or something. Rainbow was not going to let that happen. And if she had to put a wall up around herself to protect that, so be it, she would build that wall.

Rainbow had just finished putting all her defenses up before hearing Applejack's tired sigh. "Dash, stop. Ah came to make amends." Applejack pointed an index finger at Rainbow, who in turn raised her eyebrows, surprised.

"Really?" Rainbow Dash lowered her hand to her side in surrender. Never once did Rainbow think that the next time Applejack talked to her, it would be to apologize. Maybe some more yelling or something about how Dash was so not loyal, or that Applejack could never depend on her. Rainbow had never known Applejack to be very forgiving.

"Yes, really. Listen, Ah'm sorry that Ah did that. It wasn't very sportin' of me." Applejack blushed, obviously embarrassed about having broken up with Dash via text message. "And I wanted to tell ya somethin'."

Rainbow smiled genuinely and cut Applejack off, knowing extremely well what Applejack was about to say. "It was Sunset Shimmer, wasn't it? I knew it couldn't've been you. Applejack, someone left me a message from an anonymous number claiming they were you, and told me it was moved to another day. That's why I didn't show up to your bake sale, and why I thought you lied to me."

Applejack threw her hands up in the air and grinned from ear to ear. "Ah knew it! Dash, you're the most loyal person Ah know. Ah knew you wouldn't lie to me."

Both girls blushed a little at their confessions. Maybe they had been a little impulsive with their ways of splitting apart, and maybe they should have made a better effort to talk to each other after the mix-up. But it didn't matter now. There was no possible way yet to change the past. All that mattered was that maybe... maybe they could start again.

Dash grinned and shrugged, and Applejack did the same. It appeared to Rainbow that they had been thinking the same thing all along.

They needed each other, now more than ever. They needed to be in each other's embrace, to feel the space between them close, and the silent battle that they had been having for over a year needed to be over. This was not the Applejack show anymore, or the Rainbow Dash show. Now it was going to be the Rainbow Dash and Applejack show, and for as long as they could manage, this show would air.

Throwing their arms around one another, both Rainbow Dash and Applejack started to feel just a little better about the whole thing. Applejack had definitely changed from her old impulsive self, and Rainbow appreciated it. Dash kept her eyes closed in the warm embrace, so as not to upset the balance in their world at that moment. But Rainbow, being the daredevilish risk-taker that she was, decided that maybe she could try just one more thing.

Rainbow's left eye popped open. "Applejack?" she whispered carefully into the cowgirl's ear.

"Yeah, sugarcube?" Applejack's eyes were still shut. You could hear the nervousness in her tone from a mile away.

"I... I love you," Rainbow mumbled, and hugged the cowgirl tighter.

"Me too, sugarcube," Applejack's tone embodied relief, and her strong arms found some way to pull the athletic girl even closer.

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know. This was really short and kinda rushed.

But you have to admit, it was really cute.

I don't expect high praise for this, just an idea I've had for a while that I wanted to get out. Hope you enjoy! :ajsmug::rainbowkiss:

Comments ( 9 )

cute and to the spot. given the fact that happen fast and off hear range. I can buy that.

Comment posted by Yarael-BJ-Poof deleted Nov 21st, 2016

Shut up, Thunderlane

YEAH BRING THE APPLEDASH! (Waiting eagerly for the day of the Bulk Biceps ponymoji.:rainbowlaugh:)

MJP
MJP #5 · Nov 6th, 2016 · · 2 ·

Decent story but I don't thing AJ havung a relationship with RD makes see given r character and her traditional veiws, ironically I had the same view as you when imagining the fight between pinkie and flutter shy as in they were In a relationship

I don't like AppleDash but this was sooo cute!:rainbowkiss:

7673531 Thanks! I didn't have a big time range to work with so I tried to make this kinda short. Glad that it sounds believable.

7673586 Good point. But I do think that it's unlikely that this would just happen if they weren't dating - I mean, how many times does someone just hug someone and then suddenly say "I love you" unless there's a background story? But I appreciate the comment, and I'm glad you read the story.

7676306

7694037 YEAH! It's ALL MUSCLES!!!! :rainbowlaugh:

7701630 Just a little bit of a tidbit of mine, I did have a hard time reading and understanding your comment :twilightsheepish: but thanks for the feedback! I also could see this happening between Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, but there wasn't really an out-of-earshot fight with them. Also I don't necessarily think that Applejack has too many bad feelings toward things that weren't originally part of her views. I think that if she wanted to expand on her views, she could, but that's just my opinion :twilightsmile:. Thanks for reading!

7734824 Aww thanks! I'm glad you liked it, especially if this isn't your favorite ship!

"I... I love you," Rainbow mumbled, and hugged the cowgirl tighter.

"Me too, sugarcube," Applejack's tone embodied relief, and her strong arms found some way to pull the athletic girl even closer.

Applejack loves herself. Good to know.

MJP

7734861 a relationship in my continuty/headcannon

Login or register to comment