• Published 9th Nov 2013
  • 727 Views, 28 Comments

Griffons and Magic and Nightmares, oh my! - bahatumay



When the griffons obtain the use of solar magic, Luna swears to stop them at any and all costs.

  • ...
1
 28
 727

After the Credits

Being one of a very few mares in the Lunar Guard, Sky Dancer had accustomed herself to life in the barracks. She had been given a far bunk, offering a bit of privacy, but the only place she couldn't be alone was in the bathrooms. As for showering, it became an unspoken agreement of timing, meaning everypony knew when she went in and made themselves scarce until she came out. As for relieving oneself, that isn't as scheduled; and Sky Dancer decided to abide by the old adage, 'it's not awkward unless you make it awkward'.

So, strictly speaking, there was nothing culturally or procedurally wrong with the fact that she was leaning against the outside of the bathroom stall wall and holding a conversation with Red Hoof, who was inside that wall and sounding very miserable.

“So, how are you doing?”

“Ach... I' been better.”

Sky Dancer nodded, fully aware that Red couldn't see her. “So... laxatives in the cookies he owed you. Sparkwinder's pretty crafty.”

“Aye,” groaned Red. “Well played, if I do say so meself.”

“Now I have to know... what are you going to do to get him back, and how far away should I be?”

“Already done it,” Red Hoof responded.

“Really?” Sky Dancer was surprised. “Do I want to ask?”

“D'ye like hearin' about a colt's stallionhood?” When Sky Dancer didn't immediately respond, Red Hoof laughed. “Thought not.”

A loud scream filled the air.

Red Hoof laughed. “An' there it went. If'n I were ye, I'd lay low fer a while.”

It was Sky Dancer's turn to laugh as she walked away. “Me? I'm not the one stuck in here until those cookies wear off.”

Red Hoof swore under his breath. “Knew I was fergettin' somethin'...”

Comments ( 8 )

hope there's a sequel to this
:rainbowwild:

4545558
Three, actually… they're just sketched out now, but I like this tai̧n͡t thing too much to just keep this a one-shot.
Thanks for commenting!

4545689 oh, awesome! and no problem! i like stories that are real( not all not all safe, and sunshine) and Thestrals always the best tribe :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::raritystarry::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

I liked this story, a very good take on Hero Nightmare without changing her personality. I especially liked the twisted font on things like taint and darkness from time to time.

Now Celestia is infected with the taint. Is there a sequel staring Solar Flare in the making?

This story was kinda short and brief, but that was alright. While I would've liked to see some things that were off screen, such as the nightmares given to the antagonist or how they figured out how to move the sun in the first place, the pacing was well done regardless. Have a like.

4545689 And said sequel is where?

8157833
…languishing away in my google docs :ajsleepy:

8157964 Then I'm MAD.

Login or register to comment