• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 682 Views, 26 Comments

Twilight we need To Talk - NightmareTRXY32



Flash Sentry was many things, Royal Gaurd to Princess Celestia, a Commander under Captain Shining Armor's orders, and the crush for Princess Twilight. That would all change soon when the truth would be uncovered by a small purple Dragon, named Spike.

  • ...
14
 26
 682

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Every war has its costs. Victories, losses, the list goes on and on. What's more frightening? The loss of a friend, or the loss that comes from losing one's sanity? Cadence never knew that kind of pain, but Celestia and Luna did. They had known it nearly a millennia. The pain of Snowdrop's death had affected Luna in a way that Celestia could never have known.

For the longest time Luna had hated herself for leaving Snowdrop's body in that cavern. She had told herself that it was what her dear friend would have wanted. Celestia thought it would have been better if they had entombed here in Canterlot. Luna scoffed at that. She felt that Snowdrop's spirit would have preferred to be free among the clouds, especially during the wintertime.

After seeing Cadence's letter the pain started to return. She had to tell herself that she had a job to do. She had to get back to patrolling the Dream Realm after seeing Twilight's nightmare. It had been enough to give the princess of the night some pause to be concerned. She picked up the nearest dream sphere and entered it. She was not ready for what it contained. It was from a pegasus named Dead Loyalty. She used a concealment spell to keep the mare from seeing her. Luna watched the scene unfold before her.

"Get down!" Loyalty screamed as she grabbed a pony next to her. They were both wearing military uniforms that hadn't been used in over 400 years.

"What are we gonna do Dead? Most of our squad is dead or captured", The pony could only stare at their friend before getting an answer.

"We're rushing that position and taking out those Flak 88s. Then we call in air support."She was so disconnected by the tone of her voice. She'd rather see the mission completed then mourn the loss of their squadmates. As they grabbed their weapons and charged the enemy lines, Luna exited the dreamsleeve. She had seen enough.

She had to find out where this pony was living and why their dreams were so saddening and disturbing. She also felt a strange connection with them. Like Dead Loyalty was somehow familiar to her. Almost like she was a distant friend that was just now coming back to the forefront of her mind.

It was one of the many catalyst's for her transformation into Nightmare Moon. All that pain, anger, and jealousy had taken its toll on the indigo blue coated Alicorn. It had festered for years, but it all came to a head when Snowdrop died. She was Luna's only real friend other then her sister.

The only one that truly knew and loved Luna's beautifully crafted night.

And the only one that could cause Luna to have a relapse.

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges.

"In times of war, the law falls silent."

That was the translation that came to luna's mind after Cadence had described her most recent nightmare to the midnight blue alicorn. Among all of this information, there was one crucial detail that became apparent. In her most recent dream, she also told Luna she saw a shadowy figure lurking in the shadows. A shapeless mass of black that bore two greenish and purple colored eyes.

She also described a feeling of utter hatred in those eyes when she stared into them. That was when they both realized the only being on record to share that likeness was Sombra. But he was presumed defeated after the events that had transpired in the Crystal Empire. Luna came to the cold realization that he was not dead as they had all hoped for , but that he was just unable to maintain his form like he had before.

What they didnt know was that in order to maintain a solid form all the time, he required a certain amulet in order to do so. The princess of the Night decided it was best to inform her sister of the latest news. Sombra had a trick up his sleeve this time. One that none of them would see coming until it was too late. This pony would be their undoing. And in an ironic way , it was Celestia's fault in reality. She had unknowingly provided him the means to bait and ultimately bring the pony in question under his sway.

How fortunate for him that she was coming home to Equestria to visit her friend Twilight and Princess Celestia. This pony was still doubting herself after some recent events in other dimension that she had fled to years earlier began to make her question where she wanted to find herself in life.

His new Queen would burn away all before his hooves. His enemies would not be able to stop the coming cataclysm. She'd have an entire army to lead in his name. Equestria would be altered in ways no pony would be able to imagine.

Solaris would be born from the ashes of the pony once known as...

Sunset Shimmer.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment