• Published 1st Aug 2016
  • 676 Views, 26 Comments

Twilight we need To Talk - NightmareTRXY32



Flash Sentry was many things, Royal Gaurd to Princess Celestia, a Commander under Captain Shining Armor's orders, and the crush for Princess Twilight. That would all change soon when the truth would be uncovered by a small purple Dragon, named Spike.

  • ...
14
 26
 676

Hell to your Doorstep

As he prepared himself for the coming conflict, a song was echoeing through out the recesses of his mind, its words aptly describing what would happen to those that had done him wrongs.

The world is a place where the villains wear a smile on their face
While they take what you can never replace
Stolen moments gone forever
Well, tables can turn as my enemies will soon enough learn
I will strike a match and then watch them burn..

And they'd burn, the whole lot of them Sombra thought. Twilight, Cadence, Luna, Celestia, even Twilight's friends. They'd all pay their dues before being dealt with. His plans for Twilight would be enough to not only break her mind, but leave her his slave. She'd obey his every whim when he was done with her. He had felt her potential even from atop that Crystal spike that he was standing on before the Crystal Heart had destroyed his body, but not before he had stored most of his essence into his horn. The song was still resounding through his mind.

He'd cause them more then just sleepless nights. He'd make sure they begged to be killed. He'd burn them down though like an angry god, wrathful and ready to hear them pray for mercy,only to get the executioners blade brought down on their heads. how much had he really hated Radiant Hope for doing what she did in the end though? As he looked down as The Spirit of Winter, he was reminded of the soft smile she used to wear when they shared a bed together. She also had such a hopeful outlook on things, even when he accepted his fate and sought to the rule the empire, Sombra realized what she did was to save the pony she loved, if not for what he had become.

He decided that thoughts like that were best left for another time to dwell on. He got down and picked his newest companion up with his magic, and placed on his back. Even though she was a spirit right now, he could found he could still grasp her with it as if she were still flesh and blood.

"Thank you, I can tell we're getting close, Even if I cant see. Do you feel better now?", she spoke, still unable to actually see anything, feeling that the comment might make herself still feel better about the irony of her situation.

"Yes, I do feel refresh if you must know,", He had slept in that abandoned tower they found on the outskirts of the empire, and for the first time in centuries, sleep in a physical form didn't bother him one bit.

If only you had come with me Radiant, he was pondering again

As they neared their destination's outer border, Something felt off to the fallen king. Why wasn't he being affected by the Crystal's Magic as before? He had no way of knowing that only months before the Heart itself had been shattered when the newest Princess, Flurry Heart, let out a sonic wail. He could also sense an atmosphere of fear course through the air of the Empire. He turned his head back and nodded to his other companions that he had enlisted on the way here.

Thousands of years ago the Wendigos had fed on the hate and mistrust of the Three Pony Tribes. There had been countless border skirmishes between the Earth Ponies and the Unicorns that fed their cold desires. The Pegasi were no better off. One Tribe would blame the Pegasi for the turbulent weather, the Earth ponies blamed the Unicorns for the bad weather because of their natural talent for magic. It continued on this way until the night of the first Hearths Warming Summit. The Three tribes came together to met out a compromise, a way to end the fighting. It wasn't until that night that the three leaders and their assistants made progress after getting trapped in that cave. After the creation of the Friendship Fire, the Wendigos lost the power to affect the tribes at all.

So they slept in the caverns and chasms of the Frozen North, just like Snowdrop, and awaited their chance to once more drive the Ponies apart. If Sombra hadn't happened along, they'd still be slumbering for another thousand years. Some historians have even come up with the premise that the dreaded Sirens were somehow connected to the Wendigos, others have have speculated that the Sirens were actually ponies, but were cursed because of a terrible tragedy they caused on their native island.

The past though meant nothing special to Sombra. All that mattered was the here and now. He could smell her from a mile away. The Usurper, the Crystal Princess, Princess Cadence. And whats more, we could smell another creature here in the city. One that hadn't been here since he ruled over it.

A Changeling.

One that would challenge his position, or so it thought. They were bugs to Sombra after all. He still couldn't believe that Chrysalis had the misfortune of being cursed into what she is now. And how would Cadence feel about it he thought? To her Chrysalis was nothing more then a villain trying to feed and expand her empire. How would Cadence have felt is she had known that both her parents didn't die the way she was told. That in fact her mother was still alive?

Or that Starswirl the Bearded was the one that cursed Princess Amore for daring to side with Sombra in the beginning, in what was to be the largest deception ever played. He didn't just overthrow her rule, it was secretly given to him in exchange to his love. Which the king never did give her. So in return after his banishment at the hooves of the Royal Sisters, PRincess Amore was found out for her crime and sentenced to life as a hideous Bug pony, as were any and all subjects that had aided her. Which only numbered in the hundreds.

He could feel the hunger in blade now as he wielded it with his magic, a hunger that would end up consuming both him and those that followed. For unbeknownst to the Princesses, he had discovered that the bodies of the dead lingered in the frozen wastes of the north, and that they hungered for retribution against those that were once their kin. All semblance of self lost to the ages, leaving nothing but cunning, and ravening corpses that hungered for pony flesh.

And he would bring Hell to their doorstep.