• Published 19th Jul 2016
  • 1,356 Views, 10 Comments

Kindness Doesn't Always Pay - Crystal Ash



Adagio Dazzle is homeless now, but she knows just where to go.

  • ...
0
 10
 1,356

That is, If You Don't Mind...

Fluttershy was making a salad for Angel when she heard a knock on the door. "Be right there!" She called, then turned to Angel. "Now, give me just a minute. I'll finish your salad, I promise. Ok?" Angel stomped his foot, but nodded. Fluttershy patted his head, then tip-toed to the door. She opened it and immediately cringed. "Please don't hurt me!"

Adagio Dazzle laughed. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of it." She pushed Fluttershy out of the way and peeked inside the house. "So, this is where I'll be staying? How.... quaint. I suppose it'll have to do." The villain breezed in.

Fluttershy tentatively opened one eye. "Staying? Here? Um, well..oh."

Adagio was busy rooting through the refrigerator, but she stopped. "Why, yes. I believe I will be staying here. That is, if you don't mind." It wasn't a question.

"How rude!" Fluttershy grumbled to herself. Adagio paused again.

"What was that?" She threatened, her voice dangerously low.

Fluttershy squeaked. "Nothing!" Adagio raised an eyebrow, then smirked.

"That's what I thought. Now, where shall we go for dinner?"

"Dinn-" Fluttershy started.

"How about we order pizza? That is, if you don't mind." Again, it wasn't a question. Fluttershy sighed. This was going to be a long night.

=~o~=
Sunset woke to her doorbell. "Who could that be at this hour?" She stumbled down the stairs to the door, and opened it groggily. "Fluttershy?" The girl was in her pajamas, looking around.

"Oh, um, you like you're busy. I'll just come back later..." The shy girl turned to go.

"No, it's alright, Fluttershy. What do you need?" Sunset yawned.

"Well, I was hoping I could borrow the magic message book. I really, really need to talk to Twilight."

"Ok. But, you know, you can always talk to me about anything!" Sunset looked hopefully at Fluttershy.

"Oh, well, um..."

"I'll go get the book for you," Sunset sighed, disappointed. She retreived the book and said good night to her friend. Fluttershy was still a little nervous around her, even after the Battle of the Bands and the Friendship Games. The shy girl was still getting used to Sci-Twi too. Sunset chuckled a little at the nickname she had made up for this world's Twilight.

Thinking about their past ordeals brought a question into Sunset‘s mind. "Hey, what happened to the Dazzlings?" The girl whispered to herself, then shrugged. She could contemplate that tomorrow. This girl needed to get her sleep.

=~o~=
Fluttershy sat on her couch and opened the book. Adagio had insisted on taking her room, "if she didn't mind". So now Fluttershy was stuck downstairs.

Dear Princess Twilight,
I'm having some trouble. Adagio from the Dazzlings showed up at my door and won't leave. What should I do?

Your friend, Fluttershy

Fluttershy sighed and closed the book. "Oh, this is such a bad idea." The girl laid down on her couch and spread the blanket out over herself.

As soon as she started to drift off, the book began to buzz. Fluttershy sat up, rubbed her eyes, and grabbed the book.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps.

They were coming down the stairs.

Fluttershy quickly stuffed the book under the blanket and pretended to be asleep.

"What was I hearing?" Adagio asked, not fooled by Fluttershy's act.

"Um, I was... Listening to music?"

Adagio sighed. "Unlike my fellow Dazzlings, I'm not an idiot. Give me the book. That is, if you don't mind."

The defeated Fluttershy handed it over.

Adagio looked at the book with interest, cleared her throat and began reading.

Dear Fluttershy,
Don't worry! Our Fluttershy has already reformed a villain called Discord, the literal embodiment of chaos. I'm sure this now-powerless siren will be no trouble at all. If she is, well, just ask her to leave. If that doesn't work, contact your friends if you haven't already.
Your friend, Twilight.

Adagio finished. "Why, I haven't been any trouble, have I, Fluttershy? You don't mind. I remember this Discord character. Rather childish, if you ask me." The villain shrugged and held out the book. Fluttershy looked up at her fearfully.

"Well, go on, take your stupid book." The shy girl reached out and slowly pulled it from Adagio's hand.

"Um... I hope you sleep well." Fluttershy whispered.

"No chance of that," Adagio muttered. "Good night."

=~o~=
When Fluttershy awoke, she got up and walked to the kitchen to get some juice. As she pulled it from the fridge, Adagio said from behind her, "Let's go to the coffee shop this morning. That is, if you don't mind." Fluttershy nearly dropped the carton.

"T-that's fine." The girl murmured.

"It better be."

=~o~=
Vinyl Scratch nodded along with her music, barely hearing the door of the café open. She turned her head and was surprised. Wasn't that one of the Rainbooms? And she had helped them defeat that girl. Now what were they doing with her? Vinyl shrugged.

She had no idea.

That group was strange.

=~o~=
"Hey, how about we stop by the electronics store. My phone is broken. You could buy me a new one; that is, if you don't mind."

Fluttershy sighed. "I don't mind..."

=~o~=
After a new phone, jacket, and lunch, Fluttershy was done with Adagio spending her money. "I need a new blanket. I was too cold in your room last night. You don't mind."

"I DO mind! You are spending my money and I'm not ok with it. Please leave me alone!" Fluttershy struggled, not adding "that is, if you don't mind." Adagio looked at her in surprise

"Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were ok with it. I just didn't have anywhere to go. So, can I just take some cash for the road? That is, if you don't mind." Adagio's voice dripped with honey.

"NO!" Fluttershy screamed, infuriated.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Don't push it. Well, bye. Thanks for letting me stay for a while." Adagio turned and sauntered away.

As Fluttershy watched her walk away, she wondered:

Did that really just happen?

Author's Note:

Written for forbloodysummer.

As usual, please comment your thoughts and point out mistakes!

That is, if you don't mind. :fluttershysad:

Comments ( 10 )

Hm. All things considered, that was surprisingly civil. She came, "politely" imposed, Fluttershy found her spine and asked her to leave, and she did, just like Twilight said.

7406950
So, I am still new to FimFiction, and, well, I don't know how to uncover spoilers.
:twilightblush::twilightblush:
Help? Sorry!

7407099
They vanish if you mouse over them. And, welcome to FimFic! :pinkiehappy:

Awww! Read this and loved it, then saw my name at the bottom and squeed! That's very sweet of you, nobody has ever written a fanfic for me before. And those two characters are my absolute favourites :heart:

Oddly enough it's the below commenter, Eyeswirl, who has written pretty much the definitive work on Adagio/Fluttershy interactions, I cannot recommend enough his story called Sucker for a Cute Face, it's really very good.

The only bit here I wasn't quite sure about was a line when Fluttershy goes to see Sunset and says 'you like like you're busy' - should that be 'look like'?

Thank you :pinkiehappy:

7408304
I'm glad you like it! I will check that out and edit it.
7406950
Thank you! I am on an iPad, so not really sure how that would work. I tried holding on it, but it didn't seem to work...

edit: fixed it! There were indeed two "likes".

7408398

Thank you! Yep. Wasn't really sure how to end it, but that seemed good enough. If you didn't want to spoil it for people, you can delete the comment now.

Read the first chapter of your story, "A Sucker for a Cute Face". Looks pretty good, but unfortunately, I don't have the time (or patience) to read long stories like that. E-books are not my favorite, so I only read short stories on Fimfiction. Sorry!

7408411
Don't worry about it, I can fully sympathize with not wanting to get into a long, long story with lots of forgettable details, more-so if it isn't even over yet and doesn't get updated for weeks or months at a time. I've had to re-read SFaCF myself quite a few times just to be sure I'm not forgetting anything important! :twilightoops:

Very well played, Addie just breezes in and mooches off Fluttershy until she quite reasonably snaps. I'd have thought Addie would've given Fluttershy more trouble at the end, but this is the best way the plot could've been handled within the word count.

Well, this was a nice little story. It felt really random, though. XD

Since you said to point out mistakes:

Oh, um, you like you're busy.

There's a word missing there.

She retreived the book and said good night to her friend.

That should be "retrieved​".

Login or register to comment