• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 2,533 Views, 16 Comments

The Lonely Heart Creek. - Undyne Devotion



Button and Rumble visit a old creek to see if the legend about it is true. If a lonely heart and a searching heart stand upon the middle of the creek, they shall find true love.

  • ...
2
 16
 2,533

Could The Legend Be True?

"The legend speaks that if you stand at the center of the creek, you will find your true love." Rumble spoke up in a chipper yet excited tone, the small white colt making tracks in the fresh snow.

Wearing a dark storm colored jean jacket buttoned up, his dark brown boots burrowing deep into the powder below.

"Whatever! How do you stand on a creek anyway!? " Button Mash spoke up out of breath from behind his friend, light brunette mane tangled and messy as he came to a stop gasping aloud.

He wore a light red jacket that was more wear and tear for a lack of a better word, boots a dull blue and soaked by the snow.

"That's why we came during a snow day dumb-dumb." Rumble rolled violet eyes towards his friend as he waited in place.

"Oh yeah? Who cares about love anyways..." Button flaunted a hoof shivering to his friend, wishing he stayed back at home, enjoying a nice cup of coco by the fireplace.

Perhaps playing a new game?

"Meh. I don't care too much either but seeing if the legend is real, now that sounds cool." Rumble walked over to his friend pulling him along the trail slowly. Button groaning along out of exhaustion.

"What you think a girl will just explode out of thin air? " Button gazed down with light chocolate brown eyes in a beaten tone.

"I don't know! C'mon we’re like close by, just over the next hill!" Rumble smirked as he let go of his friends arm, rushing ahead with a skip in his step.

"Mom is so going to kill me, when she finds out we're missing! C'mon Button it'll be fun...We'll see a haunted creek...Oh Celestia! " The young colt sighed trekking through the snow weakly, dragging his numb legs through the ice cold trail below.


"The Lonely Heart Creek."

"Looks kind of....blah."

Both colts stood on a small hill facing the clear frozen creek below, the ice reflecting the bright sun of its’ surface elegantly. The sky was a pale blue, clear for not a cloud was in sight. A large tree grew close to the creek bed, snow covering everything else in a soft blanket.

"Well it is just a creek." Rumble rolled his eyes as he did a small jump, skidding down the hill in a flash of mist.

"Well if it was magical, I kind of wanted to see something out of the ordinary...I mean give me a pixie pony or something." Button tried to walk down the hill, only to quickly trip, rolling down the side in a dust of fresh powder.

"Nice one." Rumble chuckled as his friend quickly shot up to his hooves, wobbling back and forth, his mane covered in pure white snow.

The brave white colt smiled as he easily walked onto the sleek surface of the creek, taking a deep breath as the crisp mountain air filled his lungs.

"Dude! We've seen it, let's just go! " The brunette slowly edged ever closer to the frozen water, tapping his right hoof upon it gently.

"We came all this way, might as well try out the legend. C'mon! " Rumble turned to face his friend with a sly smirk.

"Drowning at the bottom of a haunted creek, is not high on my winter vacation list." Button placed his weight upon the ice, hearing a loud creak echo around him.

"Don't be such a filly! "

"You go. I'll stay here in case you fall through the ice." Button spoke in a nervous tone, Rumble skating across the ice grabbing his hoof tightly.

"I'll walk you."

"No! " Button sighed as his friend tugged on his hoof, the colts swaying back and forth in a quick motion.

"Button now! " Rumble snapped as he pulled with all his might, both colts losing their footing and falling onto the ice with a thud.

Button screamed aloud as he slid wildly on the ice, soon finding himself far from the shore. His body coming to a slow stop in the middle of the elegant creek.

While his heart was racing wildly in his chest with fear, Rumble simply skated on his hooves towards the center of the creek confidently.

"Ha-ha-ha! That was awesome." Rumble stopped at the side of his friend with a warm smirk across his face.

"Is the ice cracking?! " Button gasped through chattering teeth as his friend rolled his eyes, extending a hoof down to him happily.

"No cracking ice or magic. Just a heck of a view. " Rumble grabbed Button by the hoof pulling the colt up to his hooves gently.

"Oomph!" The soft whimper of a soprano voice echoed around them.

A delicate young filly quickly was pulled into the embrace of Rumble, her cheeks a rosy red from the crisp morning air. Coat fair and a healthy bronze color, muzzle small upturned on the tip with pouty full lips.

The colt gazed on in shock, soft chocolate eyes locking with his own, long copper mane tied in adorable bouncy pigtails. The filly wore a small green sweater that flowed down to her midsection, with a pony pair of white frilled boots.

The small hat once upon his head, now replaced with a lovely light green bow placed on her mane with care.

"Ahhh!!!" Rumble screamed in confusion roughly swinging the filly to his side, the young filly sent screaming loudly across the ice back to the shore, flying into a mound of fresh snow with a dull thud and a puff of mist.

"What is wrong with you?! " The filly poked her head out of the snow in a pouty tone, her small sweater covered in the newest powder from nature.

It took only a few seconds for her to grab her throat in shock, gazing down shivering in fear and cold to the delicate frame that was her own. Her lower lip quivering in horror, Rumble slowly sliding ever closer to this new filly.

"I'm...a MARE! " Button gasped for air softly, her dainty small hooves tapping and feeling her face roughly.

"Button! Settle down it's OK!!"

"You try to settle down! I'm in girl clothes!...and..." Button squealed loudly as she tugged her pigtails roughly.

"Button just..." Rumble tried to calm his friend, grabbing her hoof softly and squeezing it.

"No! I hate you!, you did this to..." The filly screamed in a high pitch that Rumble never heard before or thought was possible, she pulled away quickly slinging to her hooves, only to slip on a fresh patch of ice.

The world tilted as she felt her body lose balance, the ground coming into contact with her backside swiftly. She whimpered in pain as her head smacked the ice hard with a loud pop, everything around her fading slowly into the abyss.

"Button!" She could hear Rumble's voice fade into the darkness.

Or perhaps he called for Bit?


The cold chill of the world that pierced deeply into her soul, slowly replaced itself with a gentle warmth. It felt so nice to the touch like a warm blanket, cozy and comforting with a veil of protection.

Button slowly batted long lashes as the world around her came back into view, the sky was still a pale blue hue and the birds high in the sky chirped lovingly. Her melted chocolate hues gazed down to see Rumble's jacket wrapped around her softly.

Darting her eyes to the sky she squinted slightly, the bright light of the gleaming sun blocked out by the towering large oak above. Sitting under the tree's protective reach as well was Rumble, he sat at her right side a look of worry across his face.

"Your jacket?" She groaned softly holding to her head gently, Rumble instantly perking up happily as he looked to her.

"Well you were shivering. I didn't want you to be cold." Rumble chuckled aloud as he scooted closer to his friend.

Button blushed a light pink across her cheeks, cuddling up softly under the warm embrace of the jean jacket. She had to admit it was quite cozy and gave her a feeling of safety.

"So no more freaking out?"

"Nah. My head hurts too much to scream." Button flashed a weak smile to Rumble who just burst out into another chuckle.

Button just watched with a small giggle escaping her lips as well.

Rumble laughed happily as he gazed up to the sky, glad his friend was feeling well. Yet after a few seconds the laughter of glee, lowered replacing with a somber silence.

"Button. I'm so sorry." He spoke up to break the silence, for the first time ever, she could see him scared.

Button slowly bit her lower lip, pulling the jacket off her body to see the small dress hugging her frame firmly. Taking a deep breath she quickly forced a smile across her lips.

"Don't be so gloom and doom. I'm OK." She giggled tossing him his jacket back playfully.

"But you’re."

"At least I'm still a pony! " She gave a playful wink as she slowly got to her hooves, feeling off balance tilting to the side.

Rumble jolted up to her side wrapping his hooves firmly around her slender shoulders, she sweetly fell against his embrace allowing him to hold her in place.

"I promise I'll fix this." He looked down to her with a sense of protective awareness.

She gazed up with her rosy cheeks and sparkling hues and simply giggled. Placing her head softly on his shoulder as she nodded slowly.

"That makes me feel totally at ease. You make a promise and we usually end up on a adventure." She poked his chest playfully as she pulled away, regaining her balance swiftly.

"Ha! Same old Button!" Rumble shook his head side to side.

"I wouldn't say just the same." Button twirled around to face her friend, her fuller tail copying the same adorable movements, flowing around her midsection cutely.

Rumble sighed with relief, the pit in the center of his belly un-knotting as he watched his friend be just about the same as he always was, yet now he had a glow around him, full of life and laughter.

"Catch!" Button giggled as she scooped up a hoof of fresh snow, tossing it softly to her buddy, the snow hitting the side of his head with a soft pop.

"Cheap shot! " He smirked as he scooped a quick handful into his hoof, slinging it to the filly and popping her on the flank gently as she squealed aloud.

Both children darted off to the sides, pelting each other with balls of snow, laughter slowly filling the air while both forgot about their troubles, if only for a moment. Button gently falling to her knees, her delicate hooves numb from the cold as she scooped up a extra large snowball.

Rumble spotted the sly filly building her secret weapon, chuckling he rushed towards her. She could only gaze up to see Rumble gently pounce atop her, she burst into a fit of giggles, both rolling through the snow and off the bank onto the ice once more.

Button could feel the cold ice touching her backside as they slid across the surface slowly, Rumble was atop her holding her hooves playfully as both gazed deeply into each other's eyes.

"Hehehe. Looks like I won." Rumble smirked down to the filly lost in deep thought, he could feel his heart racing, never had he seen such beautiful creature in his life.

"Funny. Down here I don't feel like a loser." She whispered back, feeling her cheeks burn a bright red, their bodies firmly pressed together.

Rumble took in a deep breath, the world seemed to slow down to a crawl. His hooves released her own, gently cupping her soft full cheeks. Button gently caressed her cheeks against his touch, a spark never felt before flowing across her body.

Slowly Rumble lowered his lips touching her own, the filly whimpering softly as she closed her eyes, pulling in softly into his embrace, feeling him tug her lower lip gently.

The kiss broke as they both gazed to each other in silence, sliding gently across the middle of the creek a soft wind blowing across them both. Button felt a soft shift as he watched his body blur for a moment, the gentle frame,clothes and smaller features molding back to male proportions and style.

"You're." Rumble felt his heart sink in his chest, the colts sliding across the creek to the other side, coming to a stop at the bank.

"Back." Button spoke as he cleared his throat softly, his friend quickly rolling off from atop him and lying in the snow at his side.

Silence grew between both young colts. The cool wind from above blowing across them both freely, Rumble turned to face his friend slowly, though he was back to normal he could still see a light from deep within.

The glow.

Button cleared his throat once more before standing up atop the bank, his friend doing the same in a silent motion.

"I guess we should head back." Button spoke up his cheeks burning a bright red.

He began to walk away, his best friend quickly taking his hoof and squeezing it. Button faced his friend blushing as Rumble did the same.

Pulling Button closer to him and softly placing his left hoof atop his hip, Rumble whispered a phrase gently into his ear.

"We could just cut across the creek."


Later...

A young slender filly skipped happily towards the bank of the creek, her platinum blonde mane tied in a elegant ponytail. Dark blue eyes glowing in the dim light of the late afternoon, the sun beginning to set as darkness began to cover everything slowly.

She wore a small white dress with frills, decorated in a floral pattern, knee length boots over her hooves. Her coat a pale fair tone, nearly flawless in beauty.

A cute giggle escaping her full soft lips, as she placed a petite hoof atop the ice. Yet her joy was cut short as a chill ran down her backside swiftly. Gone torn from the center of the creek was a block of ice, the clear water below shimmering from the hole left by the missing cube of ice.

Eyes glaring forward in anger, she clutched her delicate hoof in a huff.

"Somepony has stolen from me."

The End?

Author's Note:

If you people would like to see another part to this.

Just let me know. I have a whole story arc ready to go for this.

Just not sure if people would want to see more.

Let me know in the comments below!

Above all though just have fun!

Happy Hearts and Hooves Day! :heart:

Comments ( 16 )

I'm intrigued. Enough so to want to see more for sure!

7950731 thank you so much for leaving a comment.

Rawr.:heart:

I is Liking the new look and story
:pinkiesmile:

I do want to see where you go with this

Okay, I really want to know who that was at the end.

Also did Button turn back into a filly? Or did it decide to change Rumble this time? :P

8996419
A secret for part 2....coming soon.:trollestia:

Sure hope there is a part two indeed. Great beginning, loved it and hope to see more. The two together are just too cute to pass for at least a sequel!
or two...

Would the part two be a new chapter or a new story?

It's very lovely. I would enjoy another part.

9050603

9026650

9022298

8996419

8060175

7957491

7950731

Part two will be published by late tonight or tomorrow morning!

Instead of a one shot it will be an ongoing chapter based adventure

9060690
Guess there was a snag?

this is the bowzette meme in a nuttshell

9062826
Yeah moving, will be continuing all my stories soon.

Would you like a version of that image that doesn't have the checkerboard? It seems that you made a mistake saving the transparency.

Login or register to comment