• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 3,235 Views, 26 Comments

Octavia and the Alicorn's peace. - FoxofRarity



An Alicorn returns back to Equestria after failing to finding inner-peace, only friendship can help and a mare who can show him what Love is.

  • ...
10
 26
 3,235

Meadow Flower's Hope

Octavia and the Alicorn's Peace

By.FoxofRarity

Chapter. 20

Disclaimer- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust. Arthur's note at end.

In the Canterlot Palace

Survival, my son that is the core instinct for many mares and for the most part when they embrace it, it turns what should have been a diamond into pyrite.” Celestia elaborates.

“Pyrite? What’s that?” Gold Sky asks.

“Fool’s gold my son. A mare who loses accountability, responsibility, and of course has a sense of entitlement, is a mare that will rope you in then once she sees what you have to offer will take advantage of you then if she sees another stallion that she believes has more to offer than you.. She will divorce you, take your children away, and ultimately damage you.” Celestia lays out plainly for the stallion to comprehend.

“Mother...you speak as if what you’ve said is true…”

“I am speaking truth my son, I’ve seen it my son, I seen a former guard of mine have everything taken away from him by his unfaithful wife, when he lost his home to her he asked me if I can spare one room for his children in the palace while he’ll stay in the . I of course said yes for I knew his ex-wife was the one doing wrong but when a biased judge gave her custody, I saw his spirit almost shatter and I knew his only recourse to the future where his children will be turned against him through the vile ex-wife’s words will be him committing seppuku. I stopped him. With my telepathy I wiped the mind of the ex-wife, humph, now that I think about that was too soft a punishment but I did put in her head she needed to be sterilized to ensure she can never reproduce. As for the biased judge I had her removed then telepathically placed she needed to take a long walk in the desert with nothing but her strength.”

“Huh?” Gold Sky is overtaken by the sudden awe in mother’s strong sense of justice. “But mother that judge must have died.”

Princess Celestia nods once. “She did son. For she nearly destroyed the life of a father by nearly taking away his children and almost destroyed the children’s future by handing them to a irresponsible mare. Tell me my son did I not do what was right? Because for that stallion nobody who have cared about his well-being yet they all care about the well-being of some faithless irresponsible who’ll damage his...yes, his not hers, children. If I don’t stand for the rights of Fathers then who will?”

Being a father himself, Gold Sky thinks of his precious Gilda but switches his focus to Mother’s care for that former guard of hers. “I am very, very, very fortunate to be the son of a Just Mare. However, what does that mare have to do with me?”

“My son, that former guard believed he found the right mare, he clearly didn’t and I don’t want you to go through what he did. Many mares will deceive you then they will show you their true colors of which by then you will be hurt. Of course, with me around my son no mare shall hurt you or take away your children. See this as a mother teaching her son in the nature of mares so he will not be hurt.”

“Huh…” Gold Sky gasps. “I appreciate your deep concern mother but I don’t think I’m looking for a wife any time soon. I just got back home and I want to establish myself here first. Then when I get around to it I’ll start the tedious process of finding a wife.” In his mind. “Dearest mother must think I am lonely. Humph, how sweet of her of course but unwarranted.”

“Very well,” Celestia reaches out and passes a hoof through her son’s hair. “I’m just doing what any mother should do with their sons and tell them the true nature of mares. I care more for your wellbeing then to withhold the truth in order to get grandkids, my son. I don’t want to see you get hurt for when compared to any mare you will always bring more to the table.”

Truth be told, Gold Sky does not think much of mares, he just smiles at them if they give him a greeting and nothing more. This is due to his isolation, insanity, and primarily his dearest Gilda , a period of is life where nothing else truly mattered but his daughter thus the need for a companion almost evaporated from his psyche. Add in the many attempts by some rather financially promiscuous Griffons who wanted to bed him and Gold Sky being disgusted by those slags he did not bother interacting with them out of fear that’ll he fall into possible temptation given they at least had beautiful eyes . Of course there’s Octavia who introduction makes him want to do more than smile at her and pretty soon there will be two more mares and out of the coming two one will really tug at his heartstrings.

Giving her son a kiss on the head Princess Celestia departs on her terms rather than having a servant popping up and interrupting them.
Donning his cloak, the stallion smiles to mother’s care and flies off to take a walk among the mortals in Ponyville. “I’m still expecting to see Griffons come right around the corner, I sort of miss their scent heh, their scent...reminds me of home...that home...their scent is so familiar while that of my own species is foreign. Anyway, finding a wife HA...oh great the thought of that is going to be stuck in my head now. Thanks mother...I’ll get to it when I get to it. I worry the most for my dearest Gilda…” Upon looking up he remarkably sees a familiar sight. “A Griffon Gypsy…oh...it’s him…” By him Gold Sky means Gilda’s Pediatrician. “Still...it’s good to see Jakob again after twenty seven years.” The stallion trots to the stand Jakob utilizes to sell his medical ointments but something, just something or better yet someone grabs his utmost attention.

“Well hello.” A pink Pegasus with lovely blond hair greets. “I’ve never seen you around. Are you new around here?”

“Umm yes you can say that in a way uhhhh…”

“Oh!” The Pink Pegasus realizes something. “Meadow Flower. My name is Meadow Flower and whats your name if I may ask?”

“Gold Sky. I’m sort of new here, somewhat, hehehe. Any who, it was a pleasure to meet you Meadow Flower and I pray you have yourself a nice day.” With a small smile Gold Sky turns his attention back to his original intention of meeting Jakob.

Oh no! Meadow Flower got his attention for a few seconds and if she cannot keep it after this first meeting with him then that Cobra can slither in and seize him. “Ahem, well I can go out on a limb and say you’re thirsty. Given how before focusing on the Griffon you first looked at the bottles of sarsaparilla over there and licked your chops.” Meadow Flower gambles by doing something out of the ordinary to go from getting his attention to getting his curiosity.

Gold Sky nearly gasps to Meadow Flower’s pinpoint assessment. “Well I can’t deny how right she is…”

Now to push her luck with the meager amount of chips she has on the table Meadow Flower with a ever slight tremble in her voice asks him if he will join her for quick drink of ice cold sarsaparilla.

“Yeah…” The stallion mutters without much thought but in his mind. “Perhaps I can let the time that I last spoken to Jakob increase evermore. I know he will ask me about Gilda given the sudden resurgence of his nomadic life and continue thanking me on behalf of the Gypsies I’ve saved in the battle of Blüdshire. A piece of my old life selling his wares, oh well Jakob eventually you’ll forget about me. I much prefer that then having to use my telepathy on him. Farewell Jakob and please don’t forget to prescribe a potassium supplement when you order furosemide.” Now with that thought over. “You know what, I will like to join you for a ice cold sarsaparilla.”

YES!!” Meadow Flower cheers though visually she smiles at him. “Ah that’s very kind of you to join me.”
Getting comfy on their stools, Gold Sky asks her to tell him a bit about herself while enjoying his soft drink.
‘Well I used to buy and sell land, heh it made me some real coin, along with some archaeology in some far away land.”
“Oh!” Gold Sky gasps about something he’s always been very curious about. “You practiced in real estate, that’s amazing!”

*Ting* Meadow Flower can not believe she did not think of that word and calls the time she spent with Gilda the Lady Cobra, archaeology. “Well I had to do something to make some money and keep myself occupied.”

“So how did you do it? Did you buy low sell high or buy land make it nice sell it or get some investors?” He asks.

The pink Pegasus takes a sip of her drink. “I mostly bought land, tended it myself with crops that I will sow with fancy crop then replenish the soil with good crop like uhhh radishes. Sometimes I’ll add tulips or roses for elective measures and when it’s val...love...ummm...OH! Hearts and Hooves month that the flowers increases the value tenfold. Of course my biggest sale was Cherry Hill rach that yielded seven figures for me, allowing me to retire quite early and just read a good book and try to become a movie critic thanks to my infinite freetime.”

Astonished the stallion tips his bottle towards her. “Impressive, you made your wealth by honest and clean means. I must say at first you had my attention now you have my curiosity, Meadow Flower. You look like the type of mare that’ll have something new you’ve done to tell me about, I mean what’s next uhm you’ve trekked the Dragon’s Back?”

“I have.” Meadow Flower answers, then feels a cold chill run down her spine given how it takes at least a whole year flight-wise to make it to the mountains of the Dragon’s back and another back. However, the journey to & fro isn’t without a heavy taxation on the body especially causing mortals to age with obvious show on the face. Thus with no obvious show on her face this can cause rise of suspicion in her rather quaint immortality

Gold Sky smirks after a chuckle.“You might as well add adventurer to your résumé Meadow Flower.” He is quite amazed to see a fellow pony who like him went on a adventure for at least with this mortal he found some common ground and with Octavia, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash on his list of mortals worth his intrigue why no add Meadow Flower to the list. Albeit, Octavia is at top of the list followed closely by Rarity. As for Redheart, well she is family to him therefore no curiosity. But more importantly...just something to lessen the pain he has for his dearest daughter Gilda is far from him. Nevertheless, being the Vanguard he has to be hard he has to move forward for doing at least ensures the Razor is far away from his dearest Gilda and on a side note is why he does not suffer from any shell shock from the War unlike his Griffon brothers of the 501st, Grand Army of the Republic, and 101st. “Thank you for this nice treat Meadow Flower. For it isn’t everyday someone does something nice for me.”

In Meadow Flower’s head. “I wonder why he wears a cloak? Hmm must be because he does not want any extra attention or he sees himself equal to the mortals? Well whatever it is, that is a pretty nice cloak.” Smiling as wide as she can Meadow Flower gives him a nod. “It’s my pleasure Gold Sky. I knew from the moment I saw you that you were an adventurer like me.”

“I prefer Wanderer. For when I first began I went without direction while you I bet was so much more organized given your temperament. Now any who, from Wanderer to Adventurer I bid you adieu Meadow Flower.” The stallion makes sure his cloak isn’t stuck onto anything before getting up.

This has to be more. “Say you think you might consider opportunities where we can meet up and share tales of our expeditions? It isn’t everyday I meet a fellow adventurer, I mean c’mon most of the ponies here don’t even leave Equestria at all.”

Sounds good enough for the stallion. Afterall, it will give him more clout to become more settled among his fellow ponies along with bottles of sarsaparilla. “As long as it takes my mind...hey...if I meet up with Meadow Flower, mother will believe I’m seeing a mare and from the looks of it, Meadow Flower looks like a very well meaning mare...oh great I am starting to talk like mother. Anyway mother will be less expressive about finding a wife thing.” After giving his throat a quick clearing. “I very much like that idea Meadow Flower. Just come to the palace and I’ll meet you there.”

He lives in the palace! Well uh, of course he will, he’s a Alicorn. So perhaps that means Princess Celestia has a form of relationship with him.” Now smiling to Gold Sky’s approval, Meadow Flower, departs with a happy step in her trot. “First step is taken and I couldn’t be anymore happier!! This worked out better than I thought, but still I have to be careful...I will be careful and I will have him proposing to me in no time and I will make him happy!” She couldn’t help but jump into the air and just be giddy. “I am so treating myself to some chocolate sundaes...and go to the the spa to treat my hair and treat my face with a decent facial.” The pink pegasus will rely on her unchangeable natural beauty of which is quite attention catching and as lovely as a blooming daffodil.

Meadow Flower feels this is the turning of the tide in her life...perhaps...this is a new era...a dawn of a new era. Where not even the Lady Cobra can smother it in its crib.

***

In the Palace.
“Well here we are girl.” Gilda tells her reptilian steed. “The Canterlot Palace. Heh, it’s been some time since I last spoken to dear Celestia but now I know she will lead me to him. However, I pray he is worth the wait for I do not know what he looks like nor sounds. Is he brave, strong, just, or weak, thin, distant, pathetic, immature... all these years I’ve waited…” Indeed.
The Lady Cobra dismounts her giant salamander steed and slithers towards the palace.

“I’ve waited for a thousand years. I don’t care if he’s a pony, I want to know if he…”

“If he…”

“If he…”

“Was worth all that wait.”

She flickers her tongue and thinks of what she’ll see beyond the palace doors.

---

Author's Note:

My Dearest Readers I thank you for infinite patience and future chapters might be imported files in regards to the format. Thank you my Dearest Readers for your patience.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment