• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 3,234 Views, 26 Comments

Octavia and the Alicorn's peace. - FoxofRarity



An Alicorn returns back to Equestria after failing to finding inner-peace, only friendship can help and a mare who can show him what Love is.

  • ...
10
 26
 3,234

Yummy cupcakes, Three Elements, and Revelation.

Octavia and the Alicorn’s Peace

By FoxofRarity

Chapter 2

Disclaimer- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.


“Well know that I finally gave you a proper introduction and I should on my way because I am starting to feel a tad bit hungry.” Octavia extends her hoof so Gold Sky can shake it.

Happy to shake to her hoof he does so and Gold Sky gives her a small bow and starts to head back to the path he detoured off. Octavia meanwhile thinks a little bit while her grayish purple eyes looks at his back. "Oh why not." She shrugs to the thought forming in her head.

“Hey Gold Sky!” Yells Octavia which caused Gold Sky to stop in his tracks and turn around to face the elegant mare while forcing a smile not to form on his lips but instead pulls his hood over his head.

“Look I know that you’re new here in town and if you want I can invite you for a quick bite, and then take you to Rarity’s shop to have her fix that rip in your cloak.”

“Rip?” Gold Sky asks with genuine confusion.

“What rip? Where? I don’t see a rip anywhere.”

It was not until Gold Sky moved is right hind leg is when he hears a tear, and from the exposed section of his body a shiny glimmer can be seen.

Octavia grayish purple eyes widen when she saw this, but her discovery lasted less than five seconds when Gold Sky immediately moves his saddle bags to cover the rip. He turns to Octavia and did his best to smile at her and utters out.

“So I guess we will be making a visit to Rarity’s shop then, of course after you’ve eaten.”

He pulls the hood forward more so she couldn’t see tears forming in his eyes because of that glimmer shining from the exposed backside the memory runs rampant in his mind.

Octavia asks him why he donned his hood in response he just told her it was a force of habit and pulls the hood down after blinking his eyes dry.

Side by side the mare and the Alicorn or in this case he's a Unicorn before her eyes, he does not know how long he intends to keep this deception but he wants every pony to see him for who he was in the inside and not see him for what he was in the outside because since he is an Alicorn the ponies here might think he is royalty even though he’s not, along with not being a pure Alicorn like Guardian Aunt. "Using my telepathy to manipulate their minds will be too easy, I rather do it the hard way and keep this cloaked charade."

As the duo arrive at the Sugarcube Corner Gold Sky opens the door for Octavia who thanks him which is quite surprising he even remembers his chivalrous ideals. Now as both of them are waiting to be seated in the restaurant they are suddenly greeted by a long and happy squeal from a hopping pink Earth pony.

“Octavia! You came to just in time to try out my new creation of cupcakes!”
Yells the pink earth pony who didn’t seem to notice Gold Sky yet he didn’t care for all that seems to matter to him for the moment is to enjoy lunch with Octavia and to fix that bloody rip on his cloak.

The pink mare hugs Octavia and then out of nowhere she hugs Gold Sky too, but then she redraws herself and creates a dumbfounded look on her face then in a show of abnormality, her eyes bulge out of their sockets. Scanning every angle of the stallions indicating she's inspecting him.

Gold Sky not knowing what to do as the pink earth pony circles around, he leans a bit to whisper something to Octavia.
“Is this normal?”

Octavia just shot him the same expression he had accompanied with a shrug, finally after a couple of long seconds. The pink earth pony drops in front of Gold Sky.

“Are you new in town? Do you like parties? Huh huh huh!”

Gold Sky clears his throat to talk but ends up finding himself sitting in a chair with Octavia in front of him as a table slid between them, then before he had time to blink cupcakes, bottles of sarsaparilla, and salad are laid down in front of them.

“Thank you Pinkie Pie, you always seem to outdo yourself every time I come here.” Octavia cheerfully gleams while setting her napkin next to her plate.

Then Pinkie Pie pops up next to Gold Sky.

“Hi I’m Pinkie Pie! Wait, I think Octavia said my name already but I’m gonna tell you anyway, I think its super duper that you’re here to try out my new cupcakes. Here have one!”

As she shoves a cupcake into Gold Sky’s mouth, his eyes shot wide open as the taste of this cupcake dance around on his tongue. He thinks he could taste the meaning of happiness with a touch of Dutch pony chocolate and Pony Dane vanilla.

Pinkie Pie looking intently at Gold Sky to hear his opinion of the cupcakes… "Hmmm I hope he likes them!"
He licks the icing from his lips and slowly turns his head to look at Pinkie Pie.
“Can I please have another one? These cupcakes a-are beyond anything I have ever tasted th-they’re INCREDIBLE!”

Both Octavia and Pinkie Pie laugh as Gold Sky indulges more cupcakes for in the 200 years of his journey he has never tasted anything so sweet, moist, and colorful.

While both of them are busy eating Octavia secretly look at Gold Sky and gave him a smile causing the Alicorn to blush lightly.
“He acts so cute! I just want to grab him to see if he blushes again.” Octavia tells herself.

But of course doing any sort of those actions will be out of her composure and she is more than sure the Unicorn will past out in fright or if not, have a heart attack.

Gold Sky on the other hand or hoof wants to get the chance to know this mare better, who she is, how did she have such remarkable talent with the cello, did she focus more on her musical craft or did she like to spend time with her friends like Pinkie Pie, and does she like roses?

Gold Sky’s train of thought just then got interrupted when Pinkie Pie slid an envelope in front of him.

“Here you go an invitation to your Welcome to Ponyville party, I plan to bake a bunch of the cupcakes you lik…eer I mean you LOVE. And also Octavia said she will be happy to play a couple of solos there, since she told me you were enjoying her practice she thought it will be proper to play at your party.” Pinkie Pie said all of that in one breath.

Gold Sky meanwhile is taken aback about having a party thrown in his honor.

He just arrived to Ponyville and already this Pink mare wants to create a party for him, this just seemed so touching… *zip* But a thought formed, he suddenly remembered what if Guardian Aunt found out about this party she will come an-and… Gold Sky didn’t want to think about the end result of his thought.

So he turns to Pinkie Pie

“Hold on back up, a party so quickly? Don’t you think it will be better to let me get to know some of the ponies here? Because I’m sure everypony will come to the party, but will be pointless since all of them will not know me and will not give their uhh… a warm welcome.”
Gold Sky prays his explanation will delay the party only because he remembers how Guardian Aunt will attend parties that were welcoming a new pony before he started his journey, and thinking of Guardian Aunt he thought it will be high time to pay her a visit after he got his cloak patched up.

Pinkie Pie places her hoof under her chin to think.

“Well you might be right… I don’t want to throw a party where the guest of honor is ignored. Hmmm how about one week from today eh or whenever you're ready? That should give you enough time to get to know some of the ponies here in ponyville, besides you know me and Octavia but two won’t make a party fun would it now.” Pinkie Pie then reaches for the invitation to place it back in her basket hat, smiling as both Octavia and Gold Sky got up to leave.

She waves good bye to both of them as they head to Rarity’s Carousel Boutique.While on their merry Octavia then gave Gold Sky a small tap on his shoulder.

“So one week to prep for your party or better for me to say whenever you're ready. I gotta hand it to you though; you may be the first pony ever to delay a Pinkie Pie party for more than two minutes!” Octavia surprisingly admits to the Unicorn, who smiles back at her.

“Well if she is going to throw me a party I want it to be good one for me and everypony else. Oh by the way are you still going to be able to play at the new party date?” Gold Sky asks nervously while perking his ears forward to hear Octavia’s reply.

Octavia stops to position her head in a tilt then slowly placing her beautiful grayish purple eyes on Gold Sky she waits ten seconds then finally gives the Unicorn a nod causing him to smile wide almost ear to ear.
Octavia feels warm inside seeing how happy the Unicorn became before noticing the boutique at a distance.

Both of them stop at the door and Octavia knocks only for it to be magically opened.

“Come in I will be with you shortly.” A voice from the back room reports.

Gold Sky walking in behind Octavia, he's overtaken by amazement to see such beautiful gowns, suits and beautiful fabrics. Especially the ones that have shiny gems in them, he moves closer to one of the gem encrusted gowns and he could see his reflection in all of the gems. Octavia came and stood next to him.

“Pretty exquisite no? I always love to visit this boutique to see my reflections on all the precious gems, which causes me to wonder how does Rarity get all these gems?”

Gold Sky turns his attention away from a ruby that was the same color of Octavia’s eyes and was about to ask Octavia who this Rarity is but never got around to it because a beautiful Unicorn mare came out from the back room.

“Hello my dear Octavia how are you today?” Said the beautiful Unicorn mare as she hugs the earth pony and directs her attention to Gold Sky.

“Hello darling who might you be?”

Gold Sky clear his throat and stood straight to respond.
“My name is Gold Sky, and may I have the honor of knowing the name of the mademoiselle in front of me?”

Octavia giggles a little bit as she witnesses Gold Sky try his best to be a gentlecolt, but overall he nails it.

“Oh! Aren’t you quite a charming Stallion. My name is Rarity and it may be out of place of me but can I ask you a question?” The elegant Unicorn declares in such a dignified matter.

Gold Sky turn to Octavia who just nods at him.

“Will I will be more than happy to hear what you have to ask.” Gold Sky thinks to himself if her inference has anything to do with his cloak.
He's able to figure out that Rarity’s craft had to do with fashion and clothing since he saw all those nice outfits.

Rarity clears her throat.

“Gold Sky your name is most unusual name for a Unicorn like yourself, were one of your parents a Pegasus by any chance or did your parents enjoy looking at the sky?”

Rarity kindly provides a cup of tea to Octavia and offers one to Gold Sky whose horn glows as he took a hold of the fragile tea cup.

After taking a sip from the tea he catches eye of Octavia using a straw since she's a Earth pony, then he refocuses on Rarity and answers her question with words he carefully selected seventeen years ago if he was ever questioned about his name.

“Well if you must know my parents were both Unicorns like you and I, well uh they loved to look at the clouds especially when guardi uhh Achoo! Excuse me. When Princess Celestia lowered the sun for the sky will take on a beautiful hue of gold...so if I guess correctly I think my parents named me after the spectacular evening sky.”

The Alicorn then creates a soft gold colored glow on his horn to make his story complete, on the other hoof both mares look at each other and Rarity gave Octavia a very sly smirk who in return made a surprised face.

Octavia took a glance at the clock and gasp seeing that she only has twenty minutes before her next event so as she gathered her belongings Rarity motioned for Gold Sky to stand on the pedestal in front of the mirrors.

“Please fix my friend’s cloak it has a terrible rip and Gold Sky I will be seeing later bye.” And with that Octavia zooms out the door.

Rarity turns to Gold Sky. "Alright Gold Sky huh?" His teal colored eyes are wide open,his jaw is hanging as he tried to speak words, and his ears twitch around

“Is there something wrong dear?” Inquired Rarity because she can obviously tell Gold Sky is zoned out with a face the looked like something between a smile and a surprised face.

“D-did she call me her friend?” Gold Sky asks with such joy in his eyes causing Rarity to see why Octavia found this Unicorn cute or adorable whichever seem subtle to represent him.

"That she did my dear that she did. Now please remove that cloak of yours so I can properly mend it.” The Unicorn mare asks while putting on her glasses.

But unfortunately her words fell on deaf ears and the Alicorn’s mind is still trying to register the fact that Octavia called him friend.

"Oh dear." Rarity sighs so she uses her magic to remove the saddle bag but miraculously she did not notice the golden glimmer from the exposed section of Gold Sky’s back, and Gold Sky is still oblivious to what was happening around him as he did not feel his cloak slide off him.

"My this cloak has been through times." Rarity finally holding the cloak in front of her shifts her eyes to see how Gold Sky is doing to just then her eyes caught something on Gold Sky’s back causing her horn to stop glowing and the cloak to fall.

Her mind cannot interpret what she's seeing, her heartbeat increases, a drop of sweat runs down her brow, her mouth despite moving produces no words.

Until finally one word did come out that will snap Gold Sky back to focus but it will be late because one pony sees him for what he really is.

“WAHAHA!”

Yells the white Unicorn causing Gold Sky to snap back to focus as he immediately looked to the mirror in front of him only to see his cloak is gone prompting him shut his eyes so he wouldn’t see that scarring beautiful feature he has.

Millions of thoughts started to race through both the mare’s and the Alicorn’s mind.

“What is he?"

"She sees me."

"He has wings."

"I can’t look at my wings!"

"I must go tell Twilight!”

“No, it’s time that I face it. It is time that I face what I am!” The Alicorn snarls aloud causing Rarity to fall back.

Gold Sky slowly opens his eyes and slowly extends his wings. Little by little they unfold from his body until finally two gold colored wings shine at their full glory as the evening sky.

Rarity got back up to her hoofs and attempts to walk backwards but she ends up tripping. Clearly hearing this his horn glows causing all the curtains to close and doors to lock.

Slowly he approaches Rarity so he can help her up but as he put his hoof in front of her so she can take it. Rarity couldn't help but look into the Alicorn’s eyes just to make sure they have no malice in them instead all she can see in them is genuine kindness.

*CRASH!*

Something came through the glass ceiling of Rarity’s shop. Rarity and Gold Sky turn around to see what it was. It's a blue colored Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane that got up from the floor while rubbing her head.

The Pegasus mare apologizes loudly while walking into the room where Rarity and Gold Sky are.

“Hey Rarity I’m here to pick up the scarf you made for meeee… Oh my…Princess you’re here! Wait a minute you’re a dude! But also an Alicorn, how!? And why is Rarity on the floor!” Cries Rainbow Dash as she ran towards Rarity to pull her back from the golden winged Alicorn.

“We g-g-got to tell Twilight c’mon” With that Rainbow Dash grabs Rarity, places her on her back, and leaps into the air but then finds herself back on the ground.

Gold Sky’s uses his magic to keep Rainbow Dash and Rarity from flying off. The poor mares see themselves floating in the air and then gently placed on unto two chairs.

“I am sorry but I’m afraid that cannot happen.”

Gold Sky released the sentence with heavy grief and then turns his back towards the mares because he knew he will only have two options to give to both mares.

“Oh yeah what you going to do!? You’re gonna uhh… kill us both?" Yells Rainbow Dash.

Rarity elbows Rainbow Dash hard in the side. "Ow!" Rainbow Dash asks her why she did that but instead saw Rarity's eyes starting to tear up, and then the Pegasus knew what she said must of hit Rarity hard.

Rarity’s mind dreadfully thinks today is her final day, her heart sank knowing today after dropping off Sweetie Belle at school her little sister hugged her and told Rarity she loves her. Adding more pain to the mix is that tomorrow is Sweetie Belle’s birthday, and to top it off she's going to die with the friend who saved her live.

Rainbow Dash hugs Rarity telling her softly everything is going to be all right. But even the brave Pegasus felt the fear in her friend rub off on her.
“I never got to be in the Wonderbolts!” Rainbow Dash said to herself as tears ran down her cheeks. “I wanted to visit daddy one last time before he passes on.”

But the thought that shattered Rainbow Dash the most is Scootaloo is never going to see her again.

Gold Sky senses the sadness in both mares. He looks to both mares and saw that the Pegasus is trying her best to look strong for her friend whom she's holding in arms.


Gently getting in their line of sight Gold plops down on his rump and makes his voice comforting like a father speaking to his daughter “I am not going to harm you, please stop crying. You are only hurting yourselves by inducing thoughts into your head that you should only be induced when your time has come.” Rarity and Rainbow Dash look at Gold Sky humble himself before them,

“And today is not your time nor anytime sooner, trust me I’ve lived long enough to know when somepony’s time is near.”

Gold Sky tries harder to make his voice even softer because he couldn’t bear to see the sadness in their eyes.

“H-how can we believe you when you say you are not going to harm us?” Rainbow Dash asks while wiping away tears from her eyes.

“I am no longer holding you down with my magic you are free to go if you wish. BUT only after you consider two options I have for both of you.”

The Alicorn then got back on his hooves to give the mares some space to relax.

Rainbow Dash lets go of Rarity who has wiped away her last tear and thanks Rainbow for hanging on to her then after some time of composing themselves both of Rarity and Rainbow Dash ask what the two options were.

The Alicorn sigh because he knew there was already a high probability that the mares will pick the second choice, since it seems more... subtle .

“All right your first option is that I will erase your memory of this event. You will not remember seeing me, talking to me, and will not remember what you thought was your last day.”

Rarity and Rainbow Dash look at other and start whispering to each other, Gold Sky perks his ears down so he would not hear what the mares are telling each other.

“And whats the second option?” Rainbow asks

Making the Alicorn shiver a little bit and his wings fold back to his body.

“The second option is I…”

Gold Sky sighs heavily before finishing. The memory runs rampant again but he knew he will have to face it one day, and fortunately today is not the day.

“I will tell my history, my life… everything that makes me what I am and then use my telepathy that will prevent both of you from telling anybody about my true form and my life nevertheless it will not erase you’re memory it'll just prevent you from telling anypony else what I told you and what I am.”

Again both mares whisper to each other, Rainbow Dash stole a glance at Gold Sky’s wings and whisper even lower to Rarity. Finally after minutes of debating both turn to Gold Sky and Rarity breathed in some air.

“We will take option two. Since we can see we gravely assumed the worst of you in this fiasco of a misunderstanding and discovery. We want to get the chance to know you and how an Alicorn like yourself was never present in Canterlot.”

Gold Sky puts some distance between him and them. "Come." Saying that words makes both get off the chairs they were sitting on. He then looks to his right and notices a ruby that's the same beautiful eye color of Octavia’s eyes lying in Rarity’s gem chest, suddenly an image of Octavia flashed in his mind before turning taking a deep breath.

He motioned both of them get within arms length in front of him. Now before Gold Sky telepathically connects to their minds he has one last thing to say.

“You shall see my life through your own eyes.”

***

Ch.3- "The son becomes the father and the father the son."