• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 3,234 Views, 26 Comments

Octavia and the Alicorn's peace. - FoxofRarity



An Alicorn returns back to Equestria after failing to finding inner-peace, only friendship can help and a mare who can show him what Love is.

  • ...
10
 26
 3,234

The Mother discusses Love and Becoming a Friend to Loyalty

Octavia and the Alicorn's Peace.

By. FoxofRarity

Chapter. 9

Disclaimer- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust. Also Thank you for your patience my dearest readers.


The storm of the night came to its end. In just minutes Celestia will rise to raise the sun but in this dawn she will not, instead it will be Luna doing the raising of the sun.
“Well at least I can use this as a favor if I need something from Celli.” Luna thought before flying out of her room to raise the sun.

“Rise dear sun of Celestia, it’s me Aunt Luna and good morning to you.” Greeted Luna.
The Sun greeted her back by basking her in warm light.

In Gold Sky’s room.
Princess Celestia gently passed her right hoof through Gold Sky’s hair. She is happy to see her son sleep so peacefully in her arms. His warm breath strikes her coat, while he breathes slowly, deeply, and unlabored. Of course while she focuses on his good occurring physical properties she can smell the heavy scent of sweat, Celestia knows Gold Sky sweated a lot during his nightmare but either way she will ignore the heavy scent. "My son, my only son, whom I love with all of my heart. I think today will be a good day my son, I just know it.” She came and gently kissed him on the forehead. “Maybe I can show him some of his possessions he left behind here.” Celestia laid her head back on her pillow and continued watching her son sleep.

Cadance woke up when Shining Armor rose to go to the restroom to take his morning shower but what really woke her up is a loving kiss on her cheek. “Oh Shining Armor, I love you too.” Cadance smiled to herself while rubbing her cheek. “Hmmm.” Her telepathy connected to Celestia’s mind. “I see Gold Sky is still asleep. Well I think he should be waking up soon.” Cadance got up from bed to brush her teeth.

“Cadance is that you?” Shining Armor asked at hearing the door to the restroom open.

“Yes dear it’s me.” Cadance began brushing her teeth.

“Well your toothbrush is in the yellow cup okay.”

Cadance’s eyes widened! “Oh! Uhh, okay thanks dear!” She placed the toothbrush she’s using back in the green cup. “Oops.” Cadance resumed brushing her teeth with the toothbrush from the yellow cup. “Of course good morning to you too Gold Sky.

Gold Sky finally woke up. He yawned before opening his eyes to which when he opened his eyes he made eye contact with mother’s loving magenta eyes. “Oh mother.” Gold Sky whispered. “Did I ever tell how I love your eye color?”

Celestia smiled at him and giggled. “No you haven’t my son but there’s always a first time for everything.”

“Well I love your eyes mother.” Gold Sky kissed his mother on the cheek. “Good morning.”

Celestia nuzzled Gold Sky on the cheek and gave him a hearty hug. “Good morning my son, how did you sleep?”

“Well thanks to you mother. I slept wonderfully.” Obviously Gold Sky avoided saying the truth to Celestia, it’s not that he doesn’t want to, he does want to say the truth but he’s afraid to do so.

Celestia saw Gold Sky will not talk about what he dreamt about last night still she will not press the issue with him after all she sensed this day will be a good day starting by having Gold Sky take a shower so he can get rid of the sweaty stench. “My son please get up and come with me.” Celestia waited for Gold Sky to put on his cloak before following her out of his room. She took him to her room since her bathroom has the largest tub in the entire palace. After closing the door to the bathroom her magic removed the white cloak and turned on the water. “Please step in so I can give you a bath.”

“But I took a shower last night and I only take showers in the evening.” Gold Sky flapped his wings a few times.

“Yes you do, but right now you smell and I don’t want you to be a laughing stock because you sweat a lot when you slept.” Celestia pointed at the tub full of warm water.

“I do?” *Sniff sniff* “Oh my, you are very right. “ He got in the tub and sat down.

Celestia smiled again. “All right stay still my son. ” Her magic levitated water to douse Gold Sky. “Say you do remember this right?” She asked.

Gold Sky nodded after moving some hair out of his face. “Yes I remember you always gave me a bath every day. Ohha that tickles!” Gold Sky dropped his left ear. “Mother please stop it tickles hahaha!”

Celestia stopped scrubbing the area around Gold Sky’s ears. “All right my son I’ll stop with your cute little ears. Now pick up your wings please so I can pass the brush through them oh dear when was the last time you preened your wings?”

“I really don’t know mother.” Gold Sky explained.

Celestia took his answer before starting with his hair. “Now Gold Sky I am more than sure you will love the scent of this shampoo. I personally use it and I like it.”

Gold Sky felt his mother’s hooves lather his hair with aroma pleasing shampoo however what gave him the most satisfaction is the soothing comfort provided by Celestia massaging his head as she lathers. “Oooooooh that’s feels so good! I forgot how much I love this part.” He slouched his shoulders because he is just so relaxed.

Celestia continued lathering her son’s hair. “Well there’s nothing like a mother’s touch Gold Sky, all right let me just rinse you off and then after you dry yourself meet me in my room, no wait!!” She got splashed by some water when Gold Sky flapped his wings out of instinct.

Gold Sky gasped when he realized what he unintentionally did. “Forgive me your majesty! Err I mean forgive me mother!!” He bowed down before Celestia praying she's not displeased with him.

Celestia wiped a drop of water off her brow. “Get up my son!” She said in a stern voice. “You are my son! So get up now!”

Gold Sky got up and went into Celestia’s room after he dried himself. He sat down on a cushion in front of large mirror while from the reflection he sees Celestia coming with a hair brush.
Celestia began brushing his hair while she smiles at him again. “Oh my son your hair has grown. Your wings are preened, coat is shiny, you also smell good, and for good measure stand with me.” The mother and son stand side by side in front of the mirror.

Gold Sky felt like crying at seeing this lovely reflection…he is standing by his immortal mother and she covers with her wing.

Celestia nuzzled Gold Sky and got an idea that she knows will only fit Gold Sky. “My son, I wonder about something?”

The young (or old) stallion tilted his head. “What are you wondering about mother?”

Celestia just casually shook her head. “Oh it’s nothing my son, I’m just wondering how you will look in golden horseshoes.”

“Hmmm?” Gold Sky thought. “Now you got me wondering too mother, let’s find out.”

Celestia’s horn glowed to retrieve her golden horseshoes; she carefully aligned the golden horseshoes on the floor. “Try them on Gold Sky.”

“They look too big, see.” He placed a hoof in the horseshoe. “Whoa!” The horseshoe shrunk around his hoof giving him a snug fit. So he slipped on the other horseshoes. “I look kind of cool in the golden horseshoes.” Gold Sky trotted around Celestia. “These are pretty cool!”

Celestia asked Gold Sky if he wants some golden horseshoes of his own. Gold Sky thought for a bit, he really likes these golden horseshoes and Celestia wears golden horseshoes too but if he says yes he’ll be asking for something from his mother. “I…I…”

“My son, I know what you’re thinking and I understand but please let me give you something I want to give you. Let me, your mother, just provide you with something you desire.” Celestia got on her other golden horseshoes to show Gold Sky she has more and she is basically giving him something from her to him.

“Thank you mother, thank you giving me my own golden horseshoes.” Gold Sky picked up his right hoof so he can study the intricate designs of the golden horseshoe.

Celestia got her crown on and adjusted it on her head. “I’m glad you love them my son and just so you know the horseshoes you are wearing are the first ones I ever had plus they are very old.”

Gold Sky went at a loss of words but after a soft nuzzle he managed come up with some words. “Th-th-th-thank you mother for this, I-I am deeply honored to be given this.”

Celestia’s magic donned the white cloak on Gold Sky. “Like mother and son. Anyway now that I’m done grooming you, how about we go for a walk in the gardens, I want you want to adjust to the horseshoes. Come along, come along.” She nudged him with her wing to get him walking with her. “So my son got any plans today?”

Gold Sky shrugged his shoulders in reply, he does have plans but those plans are for the next day when has lunch with Octavia and she will show him the surprise she has in store for him but for today he does not know what to do, he thinks maybe he should spend the day with mother.

Celestia telepathically ordered her guards to give them privacy in the gardens. “Well my son since you don’t have any plans for today you can spend some time with me right now before we have breakfast.” She intends to have that talk with Gold Sky. First things first though is having Gold Sky sit next to her and under her wing. “Gold Sky I said for you to start making friends but I think you already have a friend don’t you?”

“I have a friend mother, her name is Octavia and she is really kind.” The way Gold Sky speaks about Octavia gives Celestia all the more reasons to have the talk. “She can play the double bass or cello, I think, uhhhhhm?? I think it's a cello or maybe double bass ah! Anyway!” Gold Sky shook his arms to clear the air around him like it’s the air making him indecisive about Octavia playing the cello or double bass. “Her music captivated me when I first heard it. I-I mean her music just took me to the heavenly paradise…oooooh, I just wished she never stopped playing.”

Celestia perked her ears forward. “Well I may say Octavia sounds like a great mare.”

Gold Sky shook his head. “I am only scratching the surface mother. There is so much to her I mean more than what meets the eye. Oh! Speaking of eyes, she has the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen, they're very, very beautiful.”

Celestia couldn't help herself but just ask this question. “What about my eyes, my son?”

“I said I love them this morning.”

“Ah, that you did my son.” She gave him a soft nuzzle. “So before you continue talking about Octavia I want you to please be honest with me my son.”

The young stallion tilted his head to this request from mother. “Uhhhhh, of course I’ll be honest with you mother. You know I will always be honest with you.”

Celestia thought of taking Gold Sky’s word and ask him what he dreamed last night but held back on that intention. “Do you have feelings for this mare Gold Sky?”

“Feelings?”

“Yes my son feelings. Do you like her?”

Gold Sky nodded. “Of course I like her mother she’s my friend and whenever I’m around her I feel happy plus she said so herself I'm her good friend.”

Celestia stroked his face. “My son I see you are innocent in answering my question. You don’t know what I mean by asking you that question but I take you don’t know what love is.” If Gold Sky is the physical manifestation of love then he should know what love is and by love, it’s the love which leads to the future of being unified as one through marriage.

“Love mother? I love you very much mother.” Gold Sky truly does not know the love Celestia is implying. Well can’t blame him really, he grew up without the complete upbringing a mother can provide along with never having this discussion.

“I know Gold Sky but what I am going to talk to you about is the birds and the bees.” Still hard to believe she’s having this discussion with her two hundred and three year old son. “Funny, I don’t feel awkward having this talk with him.” Celli thought to herself. It’s good to see Princess Celestia's maternal instinct makes the her motherly ruler of Equestria and the adoptive mother of this Alicorn.

What in the world is Celestia talking about? “What are the birds and the bees mother? I don’t know what that is? *Ting!* Oh is it about uh well the bees will eat the birds or the birds will eat the bees?”

Cute to say the least but Celli refrained herself from having a laugh. “My son, have you ever felt weird changes going about your body?”

“I don’t understand what you’re asking me mother?”

“Changes like have you looked at a mare and thought she’s really, well, nice and then felt a warm feeling inside your chest at looking at this nice mare?” Start off with something simple

“I seen plenty of mares mother and…” Celli kindly interrupted.

“Let me make myself more specific. Do you feel a warm feeling in your chest when you’re around Octavia?”

Gold Sky broke eye contact to think, ever since returning he’s been cold and shallow but upon meeting Octavia there’s warmth and deepness that transform into contentment. He feels so peaceful around Octavia but yet when it comes to emotions, warmth does not equate to love, he is Octavia’s good friend. “I do feel a warm feeling around her mother. She treats me with kindness, respect, and acceptance. She gave me a hug and the warm feeling came back.”

Celestia read from the words Gold Sky has spoken, he feels something for Octavia but does not have feelings for Octavia as she expected in him. “My son, you have made a friend and I am very proud of you. Now please listen to what I am going to tell you.” A quick clearing of the throat. “Gold Sky, while you were growing up your body went through an extreme change, this brought upon by hormonal changes in your body, which sometimes contribute to different kinds of warm feelings.”

“Soooo how will you rank my warm feeling if there are different kinds of warm feelings?” Gold Sky asked.

“Focus on what I’m saying my son.” This may be the prelude to misunderstandings and just more misunderstood questions. Celli saw she has to cover the basics and later on continue with the more complex later on. “Gold Sky, you will see mares and think to yourself how nice they look and you just might want to court them or since you’re very handsome some mares will come up to you and they will try to court you. And if you court a mare or get courted by a mare you might in end falling in love with that mare.”

Gold Sky’s jaw dropped. “Wait so you’re saying I’m courting Octavia without me realizing it!”

From what Celestia got when she spied on her son helped her come up with a good answer. “You are not courting Octavia my son, you are simply her good friend and you feel extremely comfortable around her.”

“Then she’s courting me then!” Can’t blame him for coming up with wrong conclusions.

“No my son, she is not courting you! Huh?” Celestia felt somepony connect with her mind making her look up at the sky to see none other than Cadance smiling down at her.
“Cadance he’ll sense you!”

Cadance shook her head. “Since you have him thinking about love Tia I doubt he can sense me so before he can sense me near I want you to know how happy I am for you. You are such a natural mother. Bye.” The Princess of Love flew away.

“Oh phew.” Gold Sky sighed in total relief. “Wait!? What’s courting mother? Why will I or the mare go to court?”

Celestia blinked two times at Gold Sky. “Courting is the act a pony does when he or she wants anypony to know they have feelings for that pony.”

“Oh.”

“Anyway my son, you can fall in love with any mare but the question will be is the mare you fall in love with the right mare for you my son. Also adding to that is the mare who courts you. Most of the time a mare who courts you is simply asking herself if you are the right one for her.” Celestia laid a hoof over Gold Sky’s beating heart. “You must use your heart to find the perfect mare my son because if I think it…” She paused so Gold Sky will look directly into her eyes. “Once an immortal like you my son falls in love with a mare then your heart belongs to that mare and that mare alone. Forever.”

Gold Sky took the time to absorb everything. “So I must control these warm feelings and learn what love is. But how will I know what this immortal love is mother? Will you show me what immortal love is?”

Celestia moved her hoof up to cover his cheek. “You’re already experiencing it my son.”

“Mother?”

“You just said it Gold Sky. I am your immortal mother, from now and here on, I am always going to be your mother. That is what makes us immortals special. Our hearts are the core of our instrumentality; we are forever the guiders of mortals and fellow immortals. Like me, I am the Princess of Equestria but more importantly I am your mother, therefore I will forever guide you. Then when you're ready we will guide everyone.”

“You mean one day I’ll be guiding mortals?” Gold Sky asked.

“Yes my son but as of right now I want you to know that if you have any questions about love, you can come to me, Cadance, or look into your heart. For your heart will tell you who the right mare is for you.” Celestia wanted to go in complete detail in this discussion sadly for Gold Sky’s sake she had to lighten it by a high margin. “Are you hungry yet?”

The stallion nodded.

“Let’s go for breakfast.” Celestia rubbed her head against Gold Sky’s head after getting up to all fours.

The mother and adopted son journeyed through the corridors. Their hoofsteps echoed off the old marble walls, alerting guards of their approaching presence, also one of the guards noticed Gold Sky wearing golden horseshoes sort of or just like the ones her majesty wears. Nonetheless, what the guards see only remain with them. A maid bowed down before Celestia. “Your majesty, breakfast is served.”

“Thank you.” The Princess of the Sun waited for her servant to pull back her chair and the chair next to her for Gold Sky.
“Eat up my son, oh thank you.” She took an extra napkin.

Mother and Son began eating breakfast.

***
In an other part of the palace Princess Luna sang quietly to herself while walking to the dining room to join her sister. “I want to change the world kaze wo kakenukete nanimo sorezu ni. Ima yuuki to egao no kakera daite. Change my mind jounetsu tayasazu…” It’s pretty wonderful to hear Luna’s singing voice some will say it’s the combination of the Lyre bird and an Angel or just adorable. After all for being the most serious of the Pure Alicorn Trinity, Luna has tendencies that make her cute, yeah that’s right, cute. “Hmmm?” The adorable singing came to an end. “Cadance good morning.”

The cerise mare smiled. “Good morning to you too Luna.”

“So.” Luna began the conversation. “Did you see a ultra bright flash of lightning last night? Because I never seen lightning that bright before.” Luna is referring to the white light.

Cadance’s ears perked back. “That flash from last night was not lightning it was Lauren.”

Luna’s tongue got paralyzed. “Yo-you called down the Archangel! You called down the Archangel!? For what reason will call down Lauren?”

“Oh nothing much.”

Luna mouth moved yet no words came out but rather got near the verge of stuttering which will be very uncharacteristic of the Moon. “Nothing much!? Elaborate!”

Cadance’s ears perked forward. “I asked the Archangel if I and Gold Sky are related in any way.”

“Uhhhh, are you??”

Cadance frowned and her ears dropped. “I don’t know Luna…I-I don’t know. Lauren said it is up to me to find out but I know that will be nearly impossible.” Suddenly Cadance’s ears perked up along her frown going away but still no face of decency or lukewarm. “You Luna, you can help me find the answer I seek. Please for me, help me find the answer. You are my bridge between me and him, Tia won’t get involved nor do I want her involved, can’t have the mother be so questioning about my intentions.” Cadance placed a hoof on Luna’s right shoulder. “Please Luna, befriend him, bond with him, let him see the true you, and he will trust you with his life.”

“What makes you say that Cadance.”

“You sometimes can’t help but doubt me can you? But like I said, I sensed his deep admiration for you or maybe just to paint the picture completely he’s your nephew.” Cadance saved her prime reason for last.

Luna sighed. “Family, new family. I hope you’re right about the admiration part.” Luna asked.

Now Cadance finally smiled. “I am Luna. Thank you.”

Luna sighed.

Today will be adventurous.

***

Celestia received a telepathic message from Luna prompting her to look at Gold Sky with a look of caring affection. “Perhaps it’s time for Gold Sky to meet Luna.”

Gold Sky noticed the affectionate expression. “What is it mother?”

“Come with me to the living room my son.”
Both Ali…err, the Alicorn and the Unicorn teleported to the living room appearing on one of the soft couches. “My son there is somepony I want you to meet.”

On cue, a bright flash that is a byproduct of teleportation revealed the Princess of the Moon.

*Gasp!* Gold Sky instantly jumped off the couch and bowed down low before Luna. “Your grace! I am deeply honored to be in your presence.”

Luna grinned to this sight of reverent respect by her nephew. Celli of course gave Luna a tilted serious expression but Luna being Luna likes what is happening so she continued taking in Gold Sky’s humble respect. “Thank you my dear subject.” She extended her right hoof to be in front of Gold Sky.

Celestia is not very pleased with what Luna is doing to her son. “Luna, please stop this.”

“I like this sister.”

Gold Sky laid his teal eyes on Luna’s hoof. “WHAT AN HONOR!” He took Luna’s hoof and kissed it. “Thank you, your grace for this honor.”

“Ahem!” Celestia will not take any more of this. “My son, please sit next to me.”
Gold Sky gave Luna one last bow and sat by his mother.

“So this is my sister’s son lovely son.” The Princess of the Moon doted on the cloaked Alicorn.

“Lovely?” Celestia voiced. “Gold Sky here is more than lovely.” She placed a hoof under Gold Sky’s chin. “He’s handsome, virtuous, and of course the obvious, my only son. Aww look at him blush.”

Gold Sky found this very embarrassing. “Mother please don’t make me blush before her grace, Princess Luna.”

“Gold Sky, can you please stop with the formalities. Please stop calling me your grace and don’t think about calling me your majesty, your highness, or princess. Refer to me the same way you’ll refer to your dearest mother. Call me by my name.”

Celestia quickly injected. “Don’t call me by name Gold Sky but call Luna by her name.”

Luna pointed her hoof at Celli. “Yes. What your mother said Gold Sky. I am your equal and your mother’s sister. So that will make me your aunt.”

Gold Sky’s jaw dropped!

“My son please close your mouth, a bug might fly in there.” Celestia closed her son’s mouth but it dropped again.

Luna pressed her left against Gold Sky’s cheek. “You are my nephew Gold Sky, please don’t be so surprised. I am an Alicorn like you except much older. Much, much older, plus I am the fun one of the Trinity.”

“I-I-I-I am your nephew?” Gold Sky forced his voice to be low to avoid his speech impediment from coming in and ruin everything the flow of his words.

Luna moved her hoof up to gently stoke Gold Sky’s head. “Yes. You’re my sister’s son so if that is the case, you will be my nephew. Can’t allow Celli to have you all for herself.”

Gold Sky turned to mother. “Mother.”

Celestia with the tip of her horn touched the tip of Gold Sky’s horn. “She is your aunt my son. I think my sister is right, I can’t have you all for myself though I did raise you.”

Now Gold Sky can’t speak now, he is incapable of comprehending seeing a new member of his family. The Princess of the Moon whom he admires is his aunt. Mother and now Aunt, he has so much to be thankful now.

“He’s speechless isn’t he?” Luna murmured to Celli.

“Oh my son this just too much for you to comprehend. Nonetheless how about you spend some time today with Luna. That sounds like a nice idea, no?”

“You are very right sister. So what do you think Gold Sky, want to spend time with Aunt Luna?” She nuzzled him on the cheek making the stallion blush the brightest hue of red. “Aww look at you blush even more you’re so cute! Ahem any who come my dear nephew lets enjoy the day together.”

“Go my son.” Celestia softly with her head nudged Gold Sky off the couch. “Go on.”

Gold Sky sees Luna with one wing extended to follow her. All his life he thought his only family was Princess Celestia and nopony else. After all mother is immortal, Cadance was not around while he was under Celli’s wing and Luna was still in the Moon. Now he fears Cadance and is honored to kiss Luna’s hoof along with being on the receiving end of kind affection. “Aunt Luna.” Is all what he managed to say before being patted by Luna’s wing.

“Perfect! Now let’s fly…” The sudden opening of the doors stopped Luna in mid-sentence.

“Your majesties, I’m sorry to interrupt but the diplomats from Saddle Arabia, The United Zebra Clans, Griffon Republic, and some dragons are here for the annual feast of Leaders.” A messenger explained in one breath.

“Griff-Griffon Republic.” Gold Sky remembered something precious he had to leave behind.

The immortal sisters sighed in disbelief. Celestia wanted Gold Sky to spend time with Luna and Luna wanted to have the opportunity to know everything about her nephew. “I’m sorry my son, I completely forgot about this event.”
Luna said the same thing.

“It’s alright mother and aunt; your royal duties must come before everything else.” Replied the son.

Celestia came and rubbed her head against Gold Sky’s head. “Nothing will ever come before you my son, I love you very much.”

“Thank you mother but I know your duty is very important and I don’t want to be in the way. So please don’t mind me at all today and Aunt Luna same goes to you and maybe tonight we can have a late dinner just you and me.” From the cloak Gold Sky’s wing came out and touched Luna’s wing.

Luna nodded her head and extended her hoof out to him.

“Sister you really want to make me mad.” Celestia growled at Luna.

“You know I can’t resist besides you should see his face right now. He’s overjoyed to kiss my hoof.” Luna shot a smirk at the white mare. “You know I’m right.”

Gold Sky happily kissed Luna’s hoof. “Thank you Aunt Luna for this honor.”

Celli rolled her magenta eyes at Luna. “Gold Sky, what are you going to do now?”

“I think maybe I’ll head to Ponyville to make some friends while you two have fun.”

“Three Gold Sky, don’t forget about Cadance.” Luna pointed out.

A thin chill ran down Gold Sky’s spine. “Y-yes Cadance too. P-p-please send tssssssh, errrrr, m-my regards.”

“We will my son. Bye.” Celli kissed her son on the cheek.
Luna gave her nephew a hug. “Have fun.”

“Good bye mother and good bye Aunt Luna.” Gold Sky left their presence. The young Alicorn looked down to Ponyville, he could teleport but that will make the day so un…well, it will be to uncharacteristic of him to skip the little things. Instead he’ll take the train to Ponyville.

***

In Cloudsdale, Rainbow Dash yawned her typical semi narcissistic but still awesome plus caring yawns while waking up from her normal, carefree, but vital naps. “I think I need some stuff for the pantry and fridge. Hmmm, well today should be market day.” After getting her saddle bags on Rainbow Dash jumped out of her home in Cloudsdale and flew to the market. “Okay I need apples obviously, carrots, milk, zero calorie soda, Unique K chocolaty delight cereal, spinach, eggs, and something uhh, what was it. Eh I should remember while I’m shopping.” While in the air Rainbow saw the train unloading passengers along with one wearing a beautiful white cloak. Instantly Rainbow’s beautiful rose colored eyes widened. “Hey it’s Gold Sky! Dude owes me some explanations though he has his mind magic thing so I better be soft on him.”
The Element of Loyalty banked down. “Hey Gold Sky!” She called to him.

“Huh?” Gold Sky stopped to see who called his name. “Oh it’s Rainbow Dash right?” Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to names, even though the mare with the rainbow colored mane has the word Rainbow in her name.

Rainbow jabbed Gold Sky on the shoulder. “Ow.”

“Yeah that’s right, I’m the one and only awesome, incredible, Wonderbolt, Rainbow Dash. Hehehe, so how you doing Gold Sky, whoa! Are you wearing golden horseshoes!? The same ones Princess Celestia wear! They look awesome!”

Gold Sky completely forgot about the golden horseshoes so quickly he got used to them. “Princess Celestia, gave them to me Rainbow Dash. They are gift from her to me.” His face twitched for saying mother’s name.

Rainbow made a surprised face. “Wow! So you must know her in a personal level then eh?”

“You can say that Rainbow.” Gold Sky noticed the saddlebags on Rainbow’s back. A thought passed, he’s here to make friends and Rainbow knows a lot about him plus she’s kind so why not start with her. “Hey I see you have saddle bags, going shopping?”

“Yeah, girls gotta keep her pantry full.”

“Well if it’s alright with you can I help you with your shopping? I can hold your saddlebags for you.”

No need for Rainbow to think. “Sure dude, here.” Rainbow donned the saddlebags on Gold Sky. “C’mon Gold Sky.”
The duo trotted to the market. Picking up the things on Rainbow’s mental list, along with watching a little show being performed by some traveling entertainers who disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Half way through Rainbow Dash decided to take a quick break. “Hey you want a hayshake? Cause I can use one right about now.”

“That’s sounds wonderful Rainbow Dash.” He sat across from Rainbow at a small café.

“So.” Rainbow started. “How is it nopony is ever curious about the fact you’re wearing a cloak?”

Gold Sky saw this as a good chance for some fun. “Well why is it nopony is curious about you being the only mare with rainbow colored hair?”

Rainbow laughed. “Good point there. Okay how about you tell me why Princess Celestia gave you those golden horseshoes. Let me see.” She took hold Gold Sky’s left forearm in order to study the horseshoe.

“Because we’re extremely close that’s why Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow shifted her eyes up to look at Gold Sky’s face. “Extremely close in what way?”

“She’s my mother Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow spat out her hayshake. “My mouth was open Rainbow Dash and I think I swallowed. Ew.” Gold Sky wiped the rest off of his face.

“You’re Princess Celestia’s son!” Rainbow nearly shouted the question. “How can you be her son!? When did she give birth to you!”

Gold Sky’s ears dropped. “Really Rainbow…I showed you the memories of my parents and so quickly you forget.”

*Ting* “Ahhh ohhhhhh, sorry about that, now I feel so terribly awkward right now.” Rainbow scratched the back of her head. “Hehe, but how are you her son?” Back to the question at hoof.

“She adopted me Rainbow, two hundred years ago. She’s a wonderful mother Rainbow; believe me when I say that. Just because she’s the Princess of the Sun does not mean she didn’t have the time to be the most nurturing mother.” Gold Sky smiled at the end. He is just so eager to share everything with Rainbow Dash.

“So you’re a momma’s boy then.” This can’t be all Rainbow took in from Gold Sky’s sincerity.

Gold Sky’s ears dropped. “Just because she raised me and I love her very much does not make me a momma’s boy.”

“I know that, Gold Sky, I said momma’s boy because well you’re her son and sons and mothers have a really tight bond. Also this is something new to me, I never thought Princess Celestia will adopt a son. Heh, I guess it pays being an aliwoowiaiachewniuna…*long sigh* well you know what you are.”

Gold Sky suddenly went cold to that point. Did mother only adopt him because he’s an Alicorn? “Think about that later.”

“Thanks for the compliment Rainbow; I guess you find out a new thing about ponies every day. So I take you know mother.” Gold Sky will not call mother by her name. Once is enough.

Rainbow ordered another hayshake. “Yes I know Princess Celestia. I am the Element of Loyalty and I helped Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack to save her from the sun when Nightmare Moon trapped her in there. Of course, enough about talking about Princess Celestia I want to talk about you!”

“About what?”

“You have a horn, Earth pony body or strength, and win…” Rainbow paused for five seconds. “Win…” Rainbow paused again. “Win…*Long wary sigh*” Rainbow extended her wings. “Well you got these too.” And flapped her wings a few times.

“I am what I am Rainbow, hold on stay still.” Gold Sky’s magic levitated a napkin to wipe off a smudge over Rainbow’s upper lip.

“Thanks Gold Sky.”

“You’re very welcome Rainbow Dash.”

The duo’s break ended and they resumed shopping for the rest of the items on Rainbow’s mental list. “Gold Sky, do these pears look good to you?”

“Probably, I think…? Let me ask. Excuse me are these pears fresh?”

“YEAH!” The yell made Gold Sky’s hair slick back.

Gold Sky redid his hair. “Ok, thanks.” His magic placed the bag of pears in Rainbow’s saddlebags. “Anything else?”

“Uhhh, I need some carrots and something else but I just can’t remember!”

Gold Sky with his telepathy entered Rainbow’s mind without her permission. “You need some hairspray for your hair but you need the sensitive variant since you want to be soft on your hair.”

“Thanks now I remember.” Hard to believe she didn’t bother asking how in the world he guessed her unknown last item with pinpoint accuracy. She trotted to the beauty products booth. Both she and Gold Sky looked around for the perfect hairspray. “Did you find it yet?”

“No I’m still looking Rainbow.”Gold Sky scanned the shelves however; while he’s physically looking he mentally thinks about the words Rainbow ushered earlier. “Did mother only adopt me only because I’m an Alicorn and not a mortal pony? If I was an Earth pony, Pegasus, or Unicorn? Mother loves me b-but she only loves me as her son because as an immortal I won’t die so she won’t go through the grief a mother experiences when her child dies…could there be more?
He had to shake his head to focus. “Found it Rainbow Dash. But there are two scents. One is sea breeze and the other is wild rose.” His magic levitated both spray bottles in front of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow looked at both while having a hoof under her chin trying narrow down her selection. “You know what how about you pick Gold Sky.”

Gold Sky sprayed both in the air. After taking whiffs of both scents Gold Sky picked the wild rose scent for Rainbow Dash. “I really like your hair Rainbow, it makes you so awesome and I just want to ruffle it up!” And ruffle it up he did.

Rainbow paid for the hairspray and sprayed Gold Sky’s hair with it. “Ha well I will spray your hair, take this!”

The duo left the beauty products booth. Just then Rainbow’s right ear twitched, only she and by she, it’s she who can hear the certain beating of a filly’s wings. “It’s her isn’t it.” Rainbow said out loud in supreme calm for once.

“Who?” Gold Sky asked.

Three fillies are approaching the duo, one is an ultra adorable filly with a white coat and semi puffy mane, the second has a big hair bow, and the third who’s in the middle leading the other two has a pixie cut and really cute wings. “RAINBOW DASH!” It should be plain as daylight who that little filly is.

Rainbow took a quick breath. “Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom, how you three doing! No wait ooof!” Scootaloo tackled Rainbow with a mighty hug. “Ow…I-I’m glad you’re ecstatic to see me.”

“Rainbow I’m glad to find you here! You see I’m wondering if you can come see one of my new tricks on my scooter.” Scootaloo hovered midair for a few seconds to convey her eagerness for Rainbow’s answer. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom nodded their heads.

Rainbow turned back to look back at Gold Sky. “Will you like to accompany me Gold Sky?”

“Huh?” The adorable…no, adorable only belongs to Sweetie Belle, ahem; the one adorable filly plus the other two cute fillies gave Gold Sky their attention. “Rainbow Dash who’s that?” Scootaloo asked as her hoof points at him.

Apple Bloom jerks her head back in a fluid gelatin motion. “It’s Rainbow coltfriend duh Scootaloo.”

“What?”

“What?”
Rainbow and Gold Sky exclaimed at the same time.

Sweetie Belle shook her head at Scootaloo. “He’s not Rainbow’s coltfriend you silly filly. He’s a fully grown pony so that will make him her stallionfriend. Right Rainbow Dash?”

Gold Sky pointed at himself. “Are you talking about me?”

The three fillies nodded in unison. “Yeah!”

Rainbow lightly blushed. “Oh you Scoots. Gold Sky here is not my coltfriend or stallionfriend.” She wrapped her arm around Gold Sky’s neck and brought him close to her. “Right Gold Sky?”

“Yes I am not Rainbow Dash’s stallionfriend or coltfriend.”

“Theeeeeeen why are you with her??” Asked the cute Pegasus with the pixie hairstyle.

Rainbow brought Gold Sky closer to her squeezing his head a bit. “He’s just a good pal helping me with my shopping. Besides he’s too old for me.”

“Ahem!” Gold Sky gave Rainbow a warning.

Rainbow stopped to correct herself. “I mean he’s not that old but he’s uhh a great dude but I just met him and he’s too cute for me.”

“Hey I’m cute!” Scootaloo pouted.

Apple Bloom piped up to fix the situation. “Gold Sky is adorable then.”

“Hey!” Sweetie Belle squealed. “I’m adorable.”

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes and groaned. “Fine, Gold Sky is nice, very nice.”

“Anyway, Gold Sky will you like to come with me?” Rainbow asked again.

“Of course.”

The stallion followed the trio of fillies and Element of Loyalty to a very green pasture. Scootaloo somehow produced a scooter and matching helmet from out of nowhere, at first Gold Sky felt like asking Scootaloo how she was able to retrieve those items from out of thin air but figured this filly has a magical ability of some sort.

Scootaloo jumped on her scooter, her cute little wings flapped rapidly like a humming bird giving her massive propulsion along with speed. The young Pegasus sped forward knowing she is being watched by Rainbow’s rose colored eyes. “Okay Scootaloo, time to show Rainbow Dash what you got!” She sped toward a makeshift ramp.


Gold Sky leaned toward Rainbow a bit. “Isn’t this a little dangerous for her?”

Rainbow chuckled. “Nah don’t worry she’s a pro at this…I think?”

Scootaloo rode off the ramp. Flapping one wing to spin in the air, then she leaned forward completing a full front flip finally in the last milliseconds she's let's go of her scooter and flapped her wings so fast she created a pocket of air to allow a soft slow landing. “What did ya think Rainbow Dash!”

“It’s was epic Scoots though you want to make sure your helmet is strapped on all the way because it came off in midair but overall YOU’RE EPIC LIKE ME!!” Rainbow picked up Scootaloo and spun around in midair.

“All right, yeah, wooo!” Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Gold Sky all cheered.

Meanwhile Scootaloo’s eyes spun in cycles. “Oooooh ahhhhh, I’m dizzy. Th-thanks Rainbow Dash, now please put me down…”

Rainbow placed Scootaloo back on the ground upon which the little filly fell to her belly to collect herself from the dizziness.

“That’s cool Scootaloo now I got to go see you tomorrow girls! C’mon Gold Sky.”

Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom check on Scoots. “She’ll be okay right?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“She will. I hope.” Apple Bloom patted the Pegasus on the head.

Rainbow and Gold Sky stood under Cloudsdale. “Here’s my place Gold Sky. Hey you want to come inside?” *Ting* “Oh but other pegasi will see you walking on the clouds and think you’re an Alicorn.”

Gold Sky smiled reassuringly at Rainbow. “You seem to forget I’m a Unicorn too so I can make up a story that I created a spell where I can walk on the clouds.”

“Ha! Just like Twilight!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Who’s Twilight?”

Rainbow waved a hoof. “Never mind. But how are you supposed get up there?”

“Teleportation. Jump.” *Poof*

Rainbow joined Gold Sky in the clouds. “Thanks for helping me Gold Sky…” Rainbow Dash paused to gain some courage for a question coming to mind. “Can I…can I see your wings. Please.”

“I’m sorr.” Gold Sky remembered mother’s wise words. Make friends. “Why did you call me pal?”

“Well aren’t you my pal Gold Sky? I mean you did talk to me in a very kind manner along with Rarity too of course, also you showed some stuff in your mind, gave me a gold nugget worth a ton of bits, and you helped me with my shopping. I mean c’mon you a stallion who helps a mare with her shopping that’s pretty cool in my awesome opinion. So what do you say pal, can I please see your wings?? You know I can’t tell anypony thanks to your mind magic.”

“All right just a long peek Rainbow Dash.” Gold Sky went inside Rainbow’s house. His horn glowed to pick up the saddle bags and placed them on her dining room table. “Just need to untie my cloak.” The cloak slowly slid off of Gold Sky’s body, bit by bit exposing his body until the last bit of his body which is his flank is now uncovered.

Rainbow on the other hand or hoof felt her wings go stiff to the placid action of the cloak sliding off of Gold Sky. “That’s hot.”

What??” Gold Sky thought he heard what he thought he heard.

Rainbow realized what she said. “What?”

“Did you say something Rainbow Dash?”

“What me? I-I didn’t say anything. Where will you get such an idea? Hahahahaha…haha?”

Gold Sky slowly unfolded his wings to their full length, he instructed Rainbow to take her time to examine every inch of his wings.

“Do you fly often Gold Sky?”

“Yes I fly, not a lot though but yes I fly.”

“Hmm.” Rainbow plucked a feather from the left wing expecting to hear a little grunt of pain instead she didn’t hear an expression of pain. “Can you fly fast?”

“I don’t know Rainbow Dash but I don’t fly much because my wings are my most presenting feature along with my horn.” Gold Sky tapped his horn, more importantly though he moved his hair out of the way to show Rainbow the scar on the base. “It regenerates quickly preventing any form of a permanent fix. Other then this scar on my horn, you may want to look closely at my wings too.”

“For what Sky?” Oh how nice of Rainbow to come up with a nick name for Gold Sky.

Gold Sky hesitated to speak. He is feeling the feeling one has when seeing a new friend before their eyes. “You’ll be surprised, enough said.”

Rainbow examined Gold Sky’s wing much closely now, looking for any abnormalities that she considers abnormal. “Why will he tell me to look at his wings if I don’t see anything abnormal?” She looked to the base of the wing near the area the wing joint joins the body. “What in the world? Gold Sky, is that a scar! Move around!” Rainbow looked at the other wing. “You have a scar there too! Why?”

Gold Sky will change the subject. “I don’t think I’m a good flyer Rainbow Dash. I went three whole years without flying.”

“What!? You went three whole years without flying!” Somehow Gold Sky knew Rainbow will just forget the topic at hoof and will zero in on the ability of flight.

“Yes.”

“Wow.” Rainbow placed a hoof on her forehead. “You must be the worst flyer in the entire world! I bet that pink Pegasus with blond hair and bangs flies better than you or maybe even Scootaloo flies better than you and she can’t even fly it yet.” She laughed to herself for giving Gold Sky a taste of her unintentionally but sometimes harsh mannerisms.

“Perhaps.” Gold Sky said without offense.

“Well you know what maybe I can teach you how to fly correctly and you should be happy I’m teaching you. I am the best and a Wonderbolt.”

Gold Sky absorbed the Pegasus’s hearty pride. “So you’re going to teach me how to fly. Well if you plan to do it today since I can sense the eagerness in your voice can we first have something to eat? All this shopping made me hungry, got any stag?”

“Stag?” Rainbow doesn’t know what the heck stag is.

Gold Sky luckily remembered ponies with the exception of him don’t eat stag, for one it’s unnatural, two it’s unnatural, and, three it’s unnatural but hey even immorality allows Gold Sky to stay alive even when he hasn’t eaten anything for sixteen years but there comes a time where the growling of the stomach just cannot be tolerated any longer driving him to engage in the slaughter and consumption of a stag with magnificent antlers. “Never mind.”

“Sugarcu…” Rainbow didn’t need to finish.

“YES, YES, YES!”

Rainbow reached up to ruffle up Gold Sky’s hair. “Pinkie told me how much you love her cupcakes and she loves that very much. Oooooh.” She popped her neck. “Hey I want to be teleported there.”

“Woah!”

Rainbow jumped on Gold Sky’s back. “Hey did Rarity make this cloak for you?”

“Yes.”

“Oh how nice of her. Ok now teleport!” Rainbow declared.

Nothing happened.

“Teleport!” Rainbow declared again.

Again nothing happened.

“Oh! Please.” Rainbow nervously smiled.

Gold Sky giggled lightly at the mare on his back. “Jump.”

*Poof*

“AWESOME! I should teleport with you more often Gold Sky.” Rainbow opened the door for Gold Sky. Upon entering Pinkie Pie of course popped out from out of nowhere taking the Pegasus and Unicorn into a tight hug.

“Rainbow Dashie! Goldie Sky! I’m happy to see you two!”

Gold Sky groaned to the sound of his bones popping. “Pinkie… do you always do this to everypony who comes here!” He doesn’t mind affection whether it be extreme or benign but getting squeezed has its limits.

“She does Gold Sky. Hey Pinkie we want cupcakes on the double and for Gold Sky give him the cupcakes he loves. Got it!”

“Yes ma’am Dashie!” Pinkie dropped the duo onto a table to get the cupcakes.

Gold Sky pointed to his neck and back. “Rainbow can you please pop my neck and back, I think Pinkie did something to me.”

“Sure.” Rainbow grabbed Gold Sky’s neck. “Wait a minute, are you sure you want me to do this to you? I never popped anypony’s neck before?”

“Just do it!” Snapped Gold Sky.

“All right, all right.” Rainbow took a quick breath to give herself some confidence. “What if I break your neck?”

“Rainbow Dash, I got tissue regeneration, I lost limbs and they grew back so a broken neck is nothing now pop it!” Talk about a thankfully not so detailed explanation.

“Ok here we go!” Rainbow placed her hooves on Gold Sky’s head. “In 3, 2, 1, ooooooooh man!”
*Snap!* Rainbow freaked out at the loud pop. “Did I break your neck?”

“No but you do a good job Rainbow Dash, thanks.” Gold Sky reached back to pat Rainbow on the shoulder. “So you’re Pinkie’s friend?”

Rainbow took her seat in front of Gold Sky; she explained to him how she met Pinkie Pie long ago while flying above Ponyville and spotted the pink mare carrying sacks of party supplies. Rainbow glided down to ask why Pinkie is carrying so much stuff. So Pinkie explained she’s going to throw a party for a mare who works in an apple farm and the party is going to put an extra definition to the definition of grandeur. Rainbow Dash of course laughed to Pinkie’s ideal plan and complemented to the pink mare and asked Pinkie if she can make a party for her. Pinkie nodded and asked Rainbow Dash to come to the party in Sweet Apple acres. “From that point Pinkie and I became the best of friends and if there is anypony who put a smile on anypony’s face it’s Pinkie Pie.”

“Wow, Pinkie sounds like the bringer of happiness. She sort of reminds me how an angel can comfort through wisdom while she can comfort with happiness. Anyway where is she with those cupcakes. I am already dying to eat them!”

Pinkie came down with the tray of cupcakes. Literally she came down from above in slow motion definitely defying the laws of physics therefore Pinkie Pie may have mysterious powers…perhaps she has the ability of manipulation or creation of quantum particles which can be behind her acts that defy the laws of physics. Question is…are Pinkie’s mysterious powers exclusive to her alone? Well not even Twilight Sparkle can figure that out.

“Open wide!” Pinkie shoved two cupcakes into Gold Sky’s mouth.

“Hmmmm!” Gold Sky took his time to enjoy the cupcakes. “I love these cupcakes.”

“Then marry them Gold Sky!” Pinkie blurted out.

“What!?” Gold Sky nearly choked making him pound his chest just in case he’s really choking on the cupcakes.

“Just kidding Gold Sky. Hehehahahahehahaeheha!” Pinkie hopped away and disappeared.

Rainbow shrugged her shoulders. “Typical. Anyway time for me to dig in and for you eat up before giving you, your first flying lessons!”

Both ponies ate up. Meanwhile, Mrs. Cake got a smile on her face at seeing Gold Sky, she whispered to Mr. Cake to be ready to have Pinkie make more cupcakes to serve as future payment if Gold Sky babysits their dear children.

Rainbow looked up from her meal to monitor Gold Sky eating habits, he is taking his time to chew the cupcakes, he uses a napkin to clean his lips, and then takes another bite. “Gold Sky, you gave me a gold nugget and for Rarity you gave her pink unpolished diamonds. So first things first, where did you get the gold nuggets from?”

“I got them from some crazy dragon named Crackles. He, well I think it’s a he gave me the gold nuggets as payment for scratching his back. But the gold nuggets came out from his back ew! I thought ticks were coming off but they were the gold nuggets anyway the dragon kicked the nuggets tome before leaving to take a bath in a volcano.” At least this is what Gold Sky thinks how he’s got the gold nuggets.

“Dang, did Crackles smell bad by the way?”

“Yeah he did but the lava must have burned the smell away. Ha.” Gold Sky stopped eating so he can laugh.

“And the pink diamonds where you get those?”

Gold Sky’s ears dropped. The story behind the diamonds is dire. Dire for the reason they’re blood diamonds but not the definition anypony will think of. The voices of the innocents which tortured him with nightmares echoed faintly in his auditory senses. “They’re blood diamonds Rainbow Dash.”

“Blood diamonds? Ooooh! You have diamonds that were mined by slave labor.”

Gold Sky almost broke down but he couldn’t be such a coward. “No. These are blood diamonds yes, but not the blood diamonds you’ll think they are. The pink diamonds were given to me as payment as for the name they are basically the blood of the most innocent of beings.”

The chewed up food in Rainbow’s mouth fell out onto the plate. “T-the diamonds are made of innocent b-b-blood?”

“Yes. The zebra chieftain collected some of the innocent blood combined it with his magic to create nine pink diamonds. He did it to mock me and to serve as a reminder for what I did. Each diamond weighs five pounds and their value is almost immeasurable.”

“You mean the diamonds are worth a lot?”

“You can say that Rainbow Dash. They are worth so much that the wealth of one can provide everything you need or want for six lifetimes. That’s only one and I got well six now. While Rarity has three.”

Rainbow lost her will to speak. “Rarity is the richest mare in all of Equestria. That lucky mare! Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky mare! Can I have one please! Please, please, please!”

“You still want one even after what I told you what they’re made of?” Gold Sky suppressed a cry. “You know don’t talk but if you really desire one then I will give you one but after the flying lessons.”

Realizing how thoughtless she has been to beg for a blood diamond Rainbow reached out to touch Gold Sky’s hoof, in a rare look into her own actions Rainbow saw she has superficially harmed Gold Sky. “I’m sorry to ask for one and I think you should only give me one but after I do some work for you. Is it a deal?”

The stallion pounded Rainbow’s hoof in agreement. To which Rainbow felt this is the start of something good. “Gold Sky, I think this is the start of a wonderful friendship between us.”

“Thank you Rainbow Dash, I never thought I’ll have a friend like you.” Gold Sky blinked his eyes rapidly to prevent any tears from falling. “I haven’t had a friend for many years.”

“Oh don’t get all soft and sappy on me please because it’ll rub off on me and I got a tough, dare devil reputation to maintain! Also a Wonderbolt only sheds tears when getting first place. Wait when was the last time you had a friend?”

Gold Sky swallowed a cupcake whole to think rather than to chew it. “Let me see twenty, forty seven, fifty three, seventy nine, one hundred thirteen, one hundred thirty seven, yeah I think that’s about it. It was one hundred and thirty seven years I had my last friend. Ruby was her name also she was a griffon, she joined me during my journey to seek adventure and soon we grew very close. That’s all I can say.”

“What happened to her Gold Sky?”

“A purple dragon took her away. We tried our best to evade it but the dragon overtook us, I-I…I…remember the way she looked at me as the dragon slowly breathed in. She smiled at me…in her way, in that smile she thanked me for giving her the adventure she wanted and for being her dearest friend. Ruby was calm in the face of death and after her last words the fire came down on her, turning my first friend into a pile of ash.” He patted Rainbow’s hoof a few times to suppress her from asking questions. “I screamed so loud the dragon had to cover her ears. My friend, my first friend Ruby died before my very eyes and I couldn’t do anything to save her but what I did do is avenge her death by killing the dragon.” His eyes lost their loving touch and got replaced by a stonewall emotion that gives Rainbow the means to an end expression an act that he had to do out of his inability to save Ruby. “And her freshly hatched dragon offspring.” Gold Sky whispered that part in his mind.

“Oh…I’m glad you have a friend in me Gold Sky. Hey can I watch you fly?”

Gold Sky rapidly shook his head like crazy. “No! Anypony will see what I am and that can’t happen!”

Rainbow waved a hoof to quell Gold Sky’s anxiety. “Hey don’t worry about that, we’ll go to a place where it’s completely isolated from other ponies trust me Sky, you can fly with peace in mind.”

Gold Sky wants to believe Rainbow Dash, after all her words sound true and sincere however it will be up to his telepathy to make sure of that. His telepathy went inside Rainbow’s mind to check out this isolated place where he can be free to remove his cloak; he sees Rainbow is absolutely correct along with some pride to criticize or praise his flight skills. “You promise not to tell anypony about my true form?”

“Yeah, you do know I can’t say what you are and describe what you are so your secret is safe with me.”

The clock says twelve thirty and Redheart told me she’ll be ready to see me at two o clock. So I got plenty of time to spend with Rainbow Dash.” Gold Sky placed a tip on the table for Pinkie Pie.

“Hop on my back Rainbow Dash we’re going to this isolated place.”

“Sweet! Wait, you don’t even know where this place is!” Rainbow pointed out.

“I read your mind Rainbow Dash; of course I had to do so out of precaution but don’t worry I didn't go into your memories of any sort, I just checked if this isolated location is truly isolated.”

Rainbow patted his neck. “Next time how about you believe me and don’t use your mind magic…”

“It’s called telepathy Rainbow Dash.” Gold Sky corrected.

“Whatever, just be careful the next time you use your mind err telepathy on me or show me more of your memories! I want to see how Ruby looked like. Now please teleport!”

“Jump.”

*Poof*

Mrs. Cake frowned to witness Gold Sky leave the Sugarcube Corner. “Why did the dearie have to leave?”
Mr. Cake chuckled. “Now you’re referring him as dearie now.”
“Well our precious gingersnaps like him just as much they love Pinkie Pie plus he’s very humble. It’s not often we find stallions who have such extraordinary skill with children besides he has that look in his eyes you always have when you are with the kids.” Mrs. Cake explained.
Mr. Cake agreed with his wife. “I guess you know a father when you see one.”

Rainbow Dash and Gold Sky appeared in the field where Rainbow comes to train. “Ok Gold Sky let me help you out of your nice silk cloak.” Rainbow slow and by slowly she went slower than Tank’s pace to remove the cloak from top to bottom. “Man Gold Sky you’re very…uh, handsome. Yes, you’re very handsome.” Rainbow couldn’t say hot or that will create the most awkward of awkward situations. “Now fly you!”

“Thank you, hold on. Why are your wings pointing up?” The Alicorn flapped his wings a few times to get his blood flowing.

“My wings pointed up? What are you talking about my wings pointing up, you crazy dude!” Rainbow took a peek at her wings. “Oh.” Her wings are stiff. “Uhhh I am just getting the blood flowing with a nice stretch.”

Gold Sky jumped up into the air and flew around Rainbow’s field of view. He did smooth turns around clouds, spun slowly around, did a slow barrel roll, and other passive flying maneuvers. Rainbow from the ground observed the easiness Gold Sky is exhibiting. “Hey go fast!”

“AUGH!” Gold Sky exerted himself to fly as fast as he can.

Rainbow smirked to seeing Gold Sky fly faster. “Spin! YEAH AWESOME!” She evaluated his flight skill, telling herself the stallion has high potential and it’s pretty nice to watch him fly. “He’s taller than the rest of the other pegasi so that makes it all the more incredible to see him fly across the sky, hmmm I could have him do some help in Cloudsdale but he won’t agree to it because he won’t expose his nice wings. But I can’t help but admire him…he looks so dreamy. Hehe, that my little Rainbow Dash part of me speaking. But he’s not my type, too old for me.

Gold Sky looked down to see Rainbow wave at him to land next to her. “So what do you think? Was I that bad or good in your point of view?”

Rainbow ruffled Gold Sky’s hair again. Part of her interaction with other ponies involves friendly prideful words and physical contact that is part affectionate and part professional. Also though she is not one with her feminine psyche she can still tell Gold Sky likes affection so why not please him with friendly affection. “You’re not that bad. More or less above novice, I will say. You remind me of the pink Pegasus with blonde hair and bangs when I first met her in Wonderbolt camp. Still I will teach you to be a better flyer if you want. I want to see you fly as good as me Gold Sky and if you say no I will go up to your mommy and tell her that I wish to train you and I bet she’ll make you come under my wing!” Rainbow has quite the silver tongue.

“You will ask my mother to have me taken under your wing so you can train me whether I like it or not?” Won’t hurt to ask again just to make sure.

“Yeah. That’s how I roll Gold Sky. I see greatness in you, and I and only I can have you tap into it.” Rainbow extended her wing. “So what you say, want to come under it?”

Gold Sky sighed, Rainbow Dash is his friend and she will treat him with admirable kindness plus roughness. Besides it’s what Ruby will want him to do. “Yes, I’ll come under your wing and become your student Rainbow Dash. Thank you for seeing something in me that I don’t see.”

Rainbow covered Gold Sky with her wing. “You are such a weird dude Sky but I like you and I think Rarity likes you too seeing how she gave you one of her own cloaks. You should come to Cloudsdale one day; you’ll love it a lot. Anywho, thanks Gold Sky this is going to be epic! Training an Alicorn.”

*

In the feast Celestia suddenly paused whatever she was doing, the diplomats didn’t notice this but Cadance did as for Luna she’s besting a griffon in a game of Go.

Tia what’s wrong?” Cadance telepathically asked.

Celestia turned to Cadance with a smile. “My son has made a friend!
Hard to see Celestia forgot about Octavia being Gold Sky’s first friend but hey it’s understandable. A mother’s joy is something beautiful.

*
“Well you be training me here in this isolated area, Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow wrapped her wing tighter around Gold Sky as her way in saying yes.

Gold Sky nodded at Rainbow Dash for her answer while unbeknownst to him he’s blushing.
“Oh look at you blush Gold Sky. Let me see if I can make you blush into a brighter hue of red.” Again Rainbow isn’t one to use her feminine traits though it’s nice to get some funny results starting with a nice nuzzle to the cheek. Consequently Gold Sky blushed the brightest hue of red.
“Gold Sky, you‘re turning the most delightful shade of red, it is most becoming.” Rainbow doted.

“You are so mean but yet so awesome. Ahem.” Gold Sky looked away get his face back to its normal color. “Can we start my training the day after tomorrow?”

Rainbow titled her head in question. “Why not start today or tomorrow Sky?”

“Because today at two I am going to see Redheart and tomorrow Octavia has a surprise for me and I can’t wait to see her!”

“Ah you have a date with Octavia, how nice.”

“A date!?” Gold Sky’s voice broke to a high squeal. “It’s n-n-not a date! I-I-I don’t have a date with her, she’s my friend!”

“You sure about that?” Rainbow teased.

“I’m sure of that Rainbow Dash!”

“Ok if you say so.”

Gold Sky looked up at the sky to see what time it is, Princess Celestia has taught him to use the sun to tell time and so far it’s going to be two o’ clock. “Rainbow I need to go, thanks for being my friend and taking me under your wing.”

Rainbow nudged Gold Sky. “You’re welcome Sky now go have fun.”

Gold Sky thought of the hospital in Canterlot. “Jump.”

Rainbow flapped her wings once the flash of the teleportation dissolved into nothing. “Well, I think I’ll visit Rarity for a cup of tea. I gotta admit it only to myself; she and I never felt so close.”
The Element of Loyalty shot out her powerful wings and in a vivid show of her benevolent charity to the earth, Rainbow flew to the Carousel Boutique while staining the sky with her trademark rainbow slipstream.

***
In the Canterlot hospital.

*Click* The safety cover on a syringe clicked into place after Nurse Redheart injected some lidocaine into a pony before she sends her patient into post-op. “Well that’s my last operation of the day, now I can spend the day with my boy as he promised me.” Nurse Redheart went inside another room so her fellow nurses can undress her of the surgical gown. “Thank you, now remember to observe the patient for any abnormal signs and report to me in morning everything you see, got it?”

“Yes ma’am!” Replied one of the nurses. “Say ma’am…why do you stay a nurse when you can be a doctor? I mean you have the most knowledge.”

The white mare took off her nurse’s cap. “I am a nurse and I shall always be a nurse. Besides, doctors don’t spend a lot of time with their patients something of which I enjoy very much. Now if you two will excuse me I am going to spend time with my boy.” Redheart pointed at the kardex holding the patient’s paperwork. “Remember to document everything and bye.”

Sitting outside Redheart’s office Gold Sky sniffs the air to find Redheart’s scent but even his powerful nose can’t pick up Redheart’s scent instead he picked up mother’s scent who is in the palace. “Oh mother your scent is motherly.

Redheart undid her hair allowing it to be loose and free; oh how finishing an operation gives her a feeling to just enjoy her long life even more. After all though she ages slowly her immune system is powerful like the true immortals rendering her more or less an immortal in her point of view despite being constantly reminded by her mind she is still aging. “Where is my boy?” Redheart increases the speed of her gait to find Gold Sky. “Ah!” The heart of the white mare is engulfed in loving warmth to see the stallion she loves as her own son. “Gold Sky, my boy!” She called out.

Gold Sky’s ears perked to that loving voice. “Redheart!” Gold Sky leaped off the chair and happily rubbed his head against Redheart’s head before taking her into a lovely embrace. *Sniff sniff* “You smell funny?”

“I do?” Redheart asked.

“Yeah you smell too clean Redheart anyway are you completely done today?”

“Yes I’m done for the day my boy. Now how about we leave the hospital and take a walk through Canterlot like old times.” Redheart quickly went into her office to get her hairbrush.

“That’s sounds nice Redheart and let me help you brush your hair but not right now.” Gold Sky’s magic took the hairbrush out of Redheart’s mouth.

“Uhhh sure if you want, well do you want to go to the park?” Redheart pointed her hoof to the path which leads to the park in Canterlot. Both of them happily trotted to the park while other ponies see the legendary nurse trot pass them of course they also see the cloaked stallion next to the mare. One stallion who wears a monocle focuses his eyes primarily on the white cloak.
“I say my dear that cloak on that stallion must be from Rarity wouldn’t you say?” Fancypants asked his wife.
“A stallion with expensive tastes I see, how nice.” Fleur-Di-Lis complemented.

Redheart and Gold Sky arrived at the park where green grass pleases the eyes; hearty oak trees provide shade along with perches for pegasi, and a lake for anyone to take a dip. So both of them sat under one of the hearty oak trees. Gold Sky on the other hand or hoof happily squealed to levitating the hairbrush. “Redheart your hair is so nice, now it makes me wonder how I’ll look with pink hair. Hehehe.” Gold Sky chuckled to himself and ever so gently brushes the pink hair.

“Oh thank you my boy it means a lot to hear that coming from you also I’m amazed how you’re brushing my hair. Let me guess my boy, your mother brushes your hair right?” Redheart asked.

“Yes mother brushes my hair, she did so this morning and I picked up the trait. But still be honest, will I look weird if my hair was pink?”

Redheart turned around to study Gold Sky’s hair; her imagination turned the dark brown hair into a nice pink. “You’ll look very cute Gold Sky along with having a younger appearance even though you are always going to stay young. Why do you ask? You want to change your hair color now?”

Gold Sky chuckled again and gave Redheart’s hair one last stroke. “No I just wanted your honest opinion.”

Redheart flicked her hair. “Anywho Gold Sky, how are things now that you’ve been back? Oh can we walk around the park as we talk? I want to stretch my legs.”

“Sure of course.” Gold Sky helped Redheart up. “Things have been fine. Mother is still very loving along with talking to me about love and the birds and the bees, to which I don’t know why it’s called the birds and the bees in the first place. Huh? Why are you giggling Redheart?”

Redheart apologized. “Sorry my boy I didn’t mean to giggle but please continue.”

“Well I’m sure this will please you. Ahem, I made some friends.”

Redheart instantly smiled to hearing this. “That’s wonderful my boy! I’m very proud of you. Can you tell me their names?”

“Their names are Octavia and Rainbow Dash. Octavia I met on the day I returned home and Rainbow Dash I also met on the day I returned but with Rainbow Dash we truly became friends today.” Gold Sky almost forgot. “And Rarity too. She gave me this nice cloak.”

Redheart nudged Gold Sky on the side. “I know Rainbow Dash, she can be rough around the edges but she’s still kind. Rarity is very generous and has the biggest heart in the entire world so I wouldn’t be surprised if she provides a lot to you. As for Octavia I really don’t know her. Will you kindly enlighten me with details.”

Gold Sky obliged. For minutes he talked about Octavia in a voice that has the warmth Celestia described earlier, from Octavia’s talent with the cello or double bass, her magnificent voice, beautiful eyes, and more importantly the development of the friendship between them. Redheart obviously felt Gold Sky is nursing a crush for the mare but at the same time she came to the conclusion that despite his age Celestia had to have the birds and the bees talk with him meaning, Gold Sky may or not may see the impact of the feelings he has for Octavia.
“My boy you seem to have a high opinion of Octavia do you like her?”

Gold Sky nodded. “She’s my friend Redheart so of course I’ll like her plus she has a surprise for me tomorrow…and I can’t wait!”

Just like Celestia, Redheart marvels at Gold Sky’s innocent view of love. Is he just plain blind to his emotions or is he still growing mentally?? “Oh Gold Sky I can’t tell if you have a crush on Octavia or you truly see her as a friend.”

Gold Sky stopped in his tracks, first mother and now Redheart talking to him with words he doesn’t even know what they mean. “What is a crush? Don’t tell me you want me to crush Octavia!?”

“Uhhh…” Redheart too stopped in her tracks. “My boy a crush is a feeling that one has when they can’t decide to love or like somepony?” Redheart couldn’t help but stroke Gold Sky’s face.

Gold Sky went extremely warm like he’s seeing something extremely awkward occurring before his eyes. “I’m in love with Octavia…? I-I am not in love with Octavia, I know I feel a warm feeling whenever I’m around her but I know I’m not in love with her.”

“Oh my boy I’m sorry for assuming such a thing. Heh, I’m a nurse and the first thing nurses are now taught in nursing school is to never assume and I did just that with you. Okay, changing subject you want to go for an ice cream? My sweet tooth is coming on.”

Gold Sky didn’t say anything.

“My boy?” Redheart is feeling uneasy with Gold Sky’s sudden silence. “Is there something wrong my boy?” Adding to her uneasiness is seeing Gold Sky staring at something. “What are you staring at my boy?” Redheart traced down Gold Sky’s field of view to two ponies. “Hmm he’s looking at that father and daughter.”

Love.
Gold Sky is love but he does not know how to apply that concept to falling in love with a mare but he knows with all his heart how to apply it paternally. In the core of his mind he can hear the young griffon chick call out to him and he’ll instantly be by her side sheltering her in his arms reassuring the young griffon everything is going to be fine. “I made her promise and I broke it. I made a promise to Redheart and I will keep it.

Gold Sky focused back on Redheart. “I told you last night I will tell everything about the scar over my neck and I will. Please sit down with me under this tree.”

Both ponies sat down under the oldest oak tree. Gold Sky breathed deeply, he will be talking too much about his scar but somehow to get over it, he needs to talk about it and who’s better to listen to him than Redheart who cares about him along with having wisdom to provide. “Redheart I know you see me and love me as a son. Mother told me about your daughter and it fills me with pain to think about your loss…I know how that feels. Still it hurts me to think about a parent outliving their child.” Gold Sky wrapped his arms around Redheart.

“Thank you Gold Sky.” Redheart also wrapped her arms around the stallion. “You are a good son Gold Sky. Just putting it out there.”

Now the story behind the scar over his neck will come forth. “Redheart I’ll start.” The stallion let go of Redheart and sat down next to her. *Deep breath* “I…Have you heard of somepony committing an act so grave they will try to take the easy way out so they can no longer hear screams, feel warm innocent blood on their hooves, and the pain lifeless young eyes can give.”

Redheart gasped. “M-m-my bo-boy??”

Gold Sky continued on. “The easy way out is only for mortals as for me it just served as a reminder that I cannot escape nor can I redo. I cannot escape what I have committed and this scar displays my upmost failure. You know one is the ultimate failure when they can’t even take their own life when I easily took the lives of one thousand four hundred and twelve innocents. So for the easy way out I slit my throat only to see it heal but that’s only for the first time. Second time I got my throat slit, I’m fighting alongside soldiers of the Griffon Republic just days after I regained my sanity. One of the enemy fascist griffons attacked me from behind and slit my throat but that proved no use.”

“Wha-what gave you the opportunity to re-regain your sanity?” Redheart figured why Gold Sky asked her if she’ll still see him as her boy. He tried to commit suicide an act that many times is thought of and just as those many times it is never committed but for Gold Sky he just didn’t thought of it he committed the act however, it didn’t kill him. How unfortunate.

“Oliver.”

“Oliver??” Redheart repeated.

“I came upon a village that just came under attack by a group of fascist rebel griffons. The rebels engaged in the systemic slaughter of males, females, an-and…children. It happened so quickly. My sanity returned when a dying father begged me to save his children but by the time I found his children the fascist rebels threw them into a massive fire.” Gold Sky reached back to cover his head with the hood of his cloak. “I did however save one child, a young son named Oliver. Before being confronted by the fascist rebels he begged his mother and father to please come back, the young son begged his mother and father to come back but they’re dead as dead comes. So being the last of his village the fascists gathered around Oliver ready to kill him…” *Long sigh* “I killed the fascists to save Oliver then I became the Razor to kill the rest. I comforted the young griffon and reassured him I’ll protect him. He became attached to me and I had to use my telepathy to erase every memory of his parents.”

“Why did you do that to him Gold Sky?”

“So he can move on with life. Why should a young child like Oliver live with the memory of seeing his mother and father slaughtered before his young innocent eyes, anyway both of us arrived at the Capital of the Griffon Republic and I made sure he got adopted by a loving mother and father. Oliver hugged me and departed with his new mother and father. I of course joined the Republic forces to help destroy the Fascist Rebels. And that’s how I got my throat slit again.” Suddenly Gold Sky sniffled. “Redheart do you still see me as your boy now that you know how much a coward I am?”

“Ooooh Gold Sky you are not a coward.” Redheart in a motherly approach embraced Gold Sky and stroked his head. “You are always going to be my boy, I loved you then and I love you now.”

Relief washed over Gold Sky. His mother loves him and Redheart loves him too so all is with the world.
“Redheart you love me very much and you are always going to call me your boy but I won’t mind at all if you also call me the word you know you want to call me.”

Redheart’s eyes widened. “Really! You mean that Gold Sky!?”

“Of course I do. So let me help you, I love you Redheart.”

Redheart tightened her motherly embrace. “I love you too…my son.”

***
In the Carousel Boutique.
Rainbow Dash thanked Rarity for pouring her a freshly brewed cup of tea imported from the Griffon Republic. “Thanks Rares.” *ting* “Say do you still have those diamonds Gold Sky gave you?”

Rarity sat down and gave Rainbow a delicious pastry. “Why yes darling I still have them but why do you ask? Ah you want to look at them don’t you.”

“Eeeh yes and no. Rarity I think those diamonds are worth more than what you’re think they’re worth. Hmmm.” Rainbow took a sip of her tea.

“What makes you say that Rainbow?” Rarity asked.

“Well Gold Sky told me those diamonds have the wealth to last you six life times!”

Rarity dropped her nice forty seven year old porcelain tea cup shattering it on to the floor. “Oh my!”

Rainbow laughed to Rarity’s reaction but then felt bad for seeing the priceless tea cup in pieces on the floor. “Well you’re now the richest mare in Equestria. Anyway guess what.”

Rarity shook her head to come back around. “What?”

Rainbow perked her head up high with her causal pride. “I have Gold Sky under my wing. I am going to teach him to be a better flyer of course don’t get me wrong, he’s above novice level along with having extreme potential in flight. Still, I want him to be good though he can do so by himself but he'll take too long.”

“He’s such a curious case for a stallion isn’t he?”

Rainbow hoof pounded Rarity’s hoof. “You can say that but what’s very funny about him is his complete utter denial of being in love with Octavia.”

Now Rainbow has trekked into Rarity’s fancy. “How can think that Rainbow? I mean yes when he was here I noticed how happy he was to be called friend by Octavia but to think he’s in love I don’t know?”

“What do you mean you don’t know? Rarity you are the best in seeing the meanings of everypony’s emotions. Oh I guess you haven’t had the chance to know him like I have. Well Octavia looks like a good mare for him.” Rainbow placed her hoof under her chin to think of the words she’s spoken. She’s amazed to see herself having these thoughts.

Rarity got up and placed her forearm on Rainbow’s shoulders. “Rainbow Dash don’t tell me you plan to become a matchmaker for Gold Sky because that will soo CUTE of you!” Rarity nuzzled Rainbow on the cheek. “Is there anything you’re not capable of?”

Rainbow smiled ear to ear. “Well I’m awesome! Being awesome means I can do anything!”

---
My dearest Readers I thank you for your upmost kind patience and I appreciate it very much. If you have any feedback or wish to express your opinions, then comment below and again I thank you for your patience.