• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 3,234 Views, 26 Comments

Octavia and the Alicorn's peace. - FoxofRarity



An Alicorn returns back to Equestria after failing to finding inner-peace, only friendship can help and a mare who can show him what Love is.

  • ...
10
 26
 3,234

The Toltecians of Prophecy and the Fruit of Endless Days

Octavia and the Alicorn's Peace

By. FoxofRarity

Chapter. 17

Disclaimer- Arthur's note at end. My Little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.




Meadow Flower finally blew out the candles of her birthday cake marking the beginning of the final phase of her life. “I’m an adult! I am my own mare now!!” The happy mare tells herself in delight as the smoke from her blown out candles clear up revealing a big present her parents got for her. “Mother, Father is that for me!”


“Yes!” Both parents chime in unison. “Please open it sweetheart.”

So Meadow Flower eagerly opens her big present wondering what it is while her mother leans in to whisper something to Meadow Flower’s father. “Do you think she will like it?”

“Of course she will like it, I mean she has always dreamed of going on a adventure so why not give her the first step my dear.” The husband whispers back to his wife.

*GASP!* The pink mare almost loses her ability to speak. “A backpack full of camping and hiking gear! I-I always wanted this!! Oh mom and dad how did you know!”

“Oh you’ve been hinting at going on a adventure for quite some time dear so we thought why not get you started.” Her mother replied.

“OOOOH THANK YOU!” Meadow Flower hugs her parents and enjoys the rest of her birthday.

*One week later*
Meadow Flower’s mother stands at the door of her daughter’s room. “Well it’s time for your adventure to begin, hmmm, I wonder what you’ll see, what you’ll find, and what will change your life. “ The mother approaches her daughter. “Please be safe my dear daughter and before you zip up your backpack please go promise your father you will come back because right now he’s…afraid while at the same time happy that you’re going on the adventure you always wanted to go on.”
So Meadow Flower heads over to her father to say goodbye. “Father.” After getting his attention she hugs him tightly. “Father don’t worry, I will be safe on my adventure and when I come back I’ll have plenty of pictures to show you.”

The father without saying anything back to his daughter simply hugs her tight for a long minute or two. “Promise me you will come back safe & sound.”
“I promise father.” Meadow Flower gives him a kiss on the cheek and finally departs.

Through the plains flowing with wheat, through the amazing waterfalls, birds of paradise dancing around her, treading through the snow covered Dragon’s back, filling her canteen in a desert oasis, and finally taking her finally step out of the jungle called the Regents of Earth. “INCREDILE!” In front of her is a pyramid with a temple on top and stairs leading up to it on each side. “I so have to take of a pic…” Something amazing captures her eye. “A…is that…a snake…big, big snake???” Oh yes a big snake is slithering towards her but what makes this snake so different from the regular snakes she has seen in the Regents of Earth is the fact the approaching reptile is “standing” upright and in the height of the snake it’s just a few inches short of Princess Celestia’s height and more very more importantly is the fact this upright slithering snake has arms with hands that has five fingers each. “I-i-it looks like a King Cobra!”

“Welcome oh stranger from far away.” The upright Cobra greets. “Come; follow me for you must be needing of rest.”

*GASP!!* Did that upright Cobra just speak! “Y-y-you ca-can talk! Did you just ta-talk!! You talked!! Am I hearing things! This isn’t possible!! IT ISN’T!!” Meadow Flower falls to the ground and can’t decide if she should freeze on the spot or run away.

The Cobra nonetheless approaches the cowering quadruped. “I see you have never seen my species before. Hmm don’t be afraid I will not harm nor will the rest of my brethren. Now come please.” The kind Cobra holds a hand in front of Meadow Flower.
“Well…uhhhhhhhhhh…” Meadow Flower takes hold of the hand and gets back up on her feet. “What are you?”

The kind Cobra begins slithering back to the location of the pyramid prompting Meadow Flower to follow him. “I am a Toltecian Cobra and my name is Itzcoatl and so what are you?”
Meadow Flower looks up at the Toltectian seeing it flicker its tongue. “My name is Meadow Flower and I am a Pony from Equestria.”

Itzcoatl gives the mare a smile. “Ah yes Equestria. Heh can’t believe I couldn’t identify you just a few minutes ago! Sorry about that, anyway what brings you all the way here?”

“I’m on an adventure that I’ve dreamed of doing and I’ve been to many places already but I never knew of this place at all! Oh what is it called?”
“It’s called Kingdom of the Toltecs,” Itzcoatl replies. “Now first before introducing you to your quarters let me take you to our healer for from the look of it you’re near the verge of exhaustion.” Without asking the pink mare for permission Itzcoatl takes off her back pack and dons it on in order to lighten her load.

Now that she thinks about it, he’s right. She has traversed through the jungle all day without taking a single minute to rest and now after being told she’s near exhaustion her body begins exhibiting every trait of it. “I feel so tired now ooooh boy.” Her legs give out but luckily Itzcoatl catches her. “Oooooh thank you for catching me Itzococo…Itzcomatel…Itzcrattle…uhhhh, can you help me here?”

“Just call me Skink for short Meadow Flower.” With his tail he picks up her backpack as he slithers towards a massive pyramid.

With a slight line of red streaking across her face to being held so casually by this Toltectian Cobra, Meadow Flower takes a few breaths before saying anything. “Wh-why Skink?”

In response Skink flicks out his tongue for five seconds.
“Huh?” Meadow Flower is quite taken aback by Skink flickering his tongue for five long seconds. “OH!” Meadow Flower finally gets the whole picture. “Your tongue is blue!”

“It very much is and my wife had the funny idea of calling me Skink when one of her friend’s children found a blue tongued Skink. Heh the name struck and pretty soon everyone began calling me Skink.” The Cobra pauses to laugh. “Any who, Meadow Flower my wife is the healer here so before anything don’t forget to thank her because she hates not being thanked for delivering care to her patients.”

Meadow Flower more amazed by how relaxed the Cobra is speaking while gently carrying her fails to notice they’re essentially going up a pyramid. “Well I think your wife gave you a nice nickname Skink huh!? Wait, wait, wait how did we get to the top!?” Meadow Flower looks around to study her surroundings. “Wow…this kingdom looks beautiful.” Seeing the sun set slowly behind one of the magnificent pyramids allows Meadow Flower to imprint this image in the core of her mind. “Skink what is that pyramid is that?” Meadow Flower points at.

“That’s the Sun Pyramid, Meadow Flower now let’s go inside.” Skink takes her inside the pyramid of Ixtlilton. “Here’s your bed Meadow Flower now please relax until my wife gets her so she can examine you.” Placing her in bed the Cobra also places her backpack next to her.

But before the kind Toltecian Cobra can slither away Meadow Flower calls him to ask one last question. “Skink why are you so nice to me?”

The Cobra flickers his tongue at the mare. “Well a kind race such as yours is automatically deserving of kindness Meadow Flower and between you and me I like having visitors. It feels nice especially now when the tree comes down.” With the mentioning of a tree is all said, Skink slithers away before the pony can say something about the tree coming down.

“A tree coming down?” The mare asks herself then right about she’s about to say something to herself Skink’s wife enters. “Wow you must be Skink’s wife.” The greenish purple color of the lady Toltecian Cobra amazes Meadow Flower. “You look amazing!” Even more amazing than Skink’s bluish gray color.
“Why thank you pony.” Skink’s wife replies.
“Her name is Meadow Flower my dear.” Skink whispers to his wife.

The healer rubs her head in embarrassment. “Uhm sorry Meadow Flower.”

Of course before anything else for the mare. “Look before I say anything else, is your name difficult to pronounce like Skink’s because the last thing I want to do is accidently disrespect you by saying your five syllable word name wrong.”

At first the healer does not understand what Meadow Flower just said until after a few seconds it clicks inside. “Oh! You can call me Sonia if you wish.”

So the healer gives Meadow Flower some nourishing food and water to help the pony gain back her strength . “You’ve come a long way Meadow Flower and I am very impressed now rest. For I and my husband are more than sure you will want to explore the kingdom and climb I mean fly up to every pyramid here.” With that said both Cobras leave to allow the mare to draft asleep.

“This is incredible…” Meadow Flower whispers and falls asleep in a kingdom that’s beyond her imagination.
At dawn Meadow Flower awakes to see a younger Toltecian Cobra slithering towards her. “Good Morning uhhhhh…”

“Gilda and yes that’s my real name not a nick name like my mother and father now come Meadow Flower, I’ll show you around.”
“Swell!” Instantly Meadow Flower follows the younger Cobra but as they head out of the Pyramid, Meadow Flower eyes a picture containing Skink, Sonia, and Gilda. “Strange!?? Gilda looks nothing like her mother and father and seeing the sun shine on her she glows a bit?? Perhaps it’s her scales being shiny.” The Pegasus tells herself. “Gilda, what’s the name of your mother?”

“It’s a long name Meadow Flower and you will not be able to ever pronounce it but if you want to know it’s Chalchiuitl now good luck pronouncing it.” Gilda chuckles to herself.

With that curiosity fulfilled Meadow Flower has an question to ask. “Are Toltecian Cobras cold blooded?”

Gilda shakes her head. “We can produce our own body heat just like you as for the sun we will occasionally bask in it to relax ourselves if we get too much stress.”
And thus throughout the day Gilda lead Meadow Flower throughout the kingdom hearing numerous ooh’s & ah’s from the pony’s mouth. So as the day progresses Gilda leads Meadow Flower into the Sun Pyramid where they’re greeting a by two statues. Gilda tells the mare the story of the Hero Twins and how they performed the miraculous feat of defeating the mighty Crocodile in order to call this land home and establish it for the rest of their species. Then after establishing the land for their species both twins spat into the hands of two lady Toltecian Cobras and then ascended to the Heavenly Paradise leaving their brethren to live on. As for the two lady cobras, the saliva on their hands turned into eggs resulting in fraternal twins being born, one a boy the other a girl. “Is it just me or does Gilda look like girl twin…maybe it’s just me and she must one of those beings that resemble someone from long ago.” Meadow Flower tells herself “OOOOH!! May I take a couple of pictures of the glyphs on that wall!!”

Gilda nods then while the mare takes pictures contemplates inside her mind whether to discuss with the mare what the Archangel has told her a decade ago. “Meadow Flower.” Gilda decides to tell the mare everything. “There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it Gilda??” The pink mare puts down her camera in order to pay full attention to the Cobra.

Oh how Gilda wishes this day never happened in fact she wishes the pink mare never showed up at all because the moment the pink mare stepped feet into the kingdom is the moment the prophecy the Archangel foretold her long ago is set into full motion. “Long ago the Archangel Lauren came down to me when I awoke from a century long cryo sleep and told me that I and a pony of a pink coat and blond hair shall be competing for the heart of the Immortal Stallion years many, many years from now.”
“What…???? Immortal Stallion? There is no Immortal stallion in Equestria only Immortal Mares an-and what the heck is cryo sleep?”

Gilda explains that inside the sun pyramid is the chamber of ice where a cobra who wishes to live long at the expense of sleeping through years will be frozen and they do not age while they sleep until they are awaken in year they want to wake up in.
“Oh…”
Gilda continues. “At first I did not believe the Archangel but seeing you in front of me well I have to believe to the Archangel’s words…know that I will have his heart not you. Know that Meadow Flower, I will have the Immortal stallion and you shall know what it means to live forever, be reborn by choice, and live forever. Though for you the reborn part is only exclusive to me anyway, know that I won’t eliminate you but I will put you in your place if you get too close to him.” To emphasize her point Gilda flicks out her tongue then slightly opens her mouth exposing her fangs containing a deadly neurotoxin. “Even when you don’t know what I’m talking about you will fulfill everything the prophecy has declared.” Gilda slithers away ignoring that above her is the Emperor of the Kingdom flying in yes, he is flying in to meet the kingdom’s pink guest.

*GASP*
Meadow Flower falls back at the sight of a chartreuse green large serpent with bright colorful feathers around its neck, magnificent wings of fire red feathers where are the arms are supposed to be, no hood around its neck like the rest of the Cobras, and a headdress made of the feathers from the Quetzal bird. “You’re b-b-big!!! Bigger than Princess Celestia, bigger than anything I’ve seen! Please don’t hurt me, uuuuuh it wasn’t me it was the one armed Cobra!”

The great Emperor gently smiles at the frightened pony reassuring the mare he means no harm to her despite his size. “Don’t be afraid dear pony I am Emperor Huitzilihuitl and believe me when I say I couldn’t believe that you a pony so far from home is here. And I’m sure you heard from skink that we don’t normally get guests and how ecstatic you are of our culture and architecture.”

Overall in from being serenading by the Emperor’s speech the only thing Meadow Flower got from this is… “You have no arms!”

“Uhhhhhhhhm well yes I don’t have arms I have wings instead an-and as Emperor I traded my hood and arms for wings and size. Were you paying any attention to what I was saying??”

Suddenly under the spot light of the Emperor’s purple eyes Meadow Flower can only blush in response.
“It’s my size isn’t.” Asks Huitzilihuitl with a droll touch.

“Yes…can I rub my cheek against your neck feathers your highness, they just look super soft. Please.” At least Meadow Flower gives him the respect that’s deserved.

At first the Emperor does not understand the mare’s request but then realizes the mare is now curious about him. “Yes you may but please make it brief for I want to show you something I know you’ll enjoy. Oooooh.” Feels weird but yet kind of satisfying to the sensation of having eck feathers rubbed by the mare’s cheek. “Let’s us fly side by side to the caves of Tula where you can see the life of the Hero Twins.”

*HAPPY GASP!* “Oh yes your majesty, I don’t know how to thank you for your kindness!” Nevertheless, Meadow Flower bows before the mighty serpent then both fly out of the Sun Pyramid making their way to the cave of Tula. Upon arriving Huitzilihuitl points at the entrance with his head.
“I’m too big to go in with you but please visit me afterwards so you can tell me about Equestria your homeland.” Huitzilihuitl flicks his tongue and flies off messing up Meadow Flower’s hair in the process of taking off.

Stepping inside the cave to see the glyphs telling the complete story of the Hero Twins Meadow Flower feels a cold feeling rise inside her chest while continuing inside until near the end of her destination. “I don’t know if this is normal…”

Suddenly a bright light comes down creating a tree with three branches in the left & right and five in the center each one containing a golden fruit. “Huuuuuuh…” Right before her mind tells her to step closer to study the strange tree another bright light creating a being welding a sword of pure fire. “Wha-what’s going on her-here!!?”

The being welding the sword of pure fire lowers the sword and steps out of the mare’s way. “Those who are pure of heart may eat of the Sephirot.”
“Than-thank you.” Of course the mare could have asked the being welding the flaming sword a few questions but a flaming sword is good at killing the formation of questions allowing the mare to pick a gold fruit from the center branch in the center column and eat it.

“You will live forever Meadow Flower.” Declares the being.

***

Present Time

***

“THE IMMORTAL STALLION!!” Meadow Flower repeats the words Gilda has told her seven hundred years ago. “He’s real! A-a stallion immortal a chance to have a partner somepony to have by side…A love!” The pink mare remembers how she saw every bloodline that began with her parents slowly fade away, then the end of all bloodlines minus hers when her great-great-great-great-great-great grandnephew died childless. “I watched my family die and their descendants die while all I could do is watch from a distance. I painted my hair different colors, changed the color of my coat, and changed my name so many times that I almost forgotten my real name. Until I can finally come back to my blond, pink, and real name identity this time. I just saw the Immortal stallion, he’s real…”

*Ting*

“She’s coming…” The Pink mare looks west. “She’s coming…”

*

Twenty miles from the borders of Equestria, a Toltecian Cobra dismounts a giant saddled salamander.

“At last the time has come.” The Cobra flickers out her tongue. “I can taste his scent…” Suddenly

“And hers as well.” Gilda mounts up on her giant salamander.

“She will not get in my way.”

If only both knew of the Gray Mare.

---

My dearest readers I absolutely apologize for providing you a short chapter. Unfortunately, my studies took over a great majority of my time preventing me from providing you with more content I wanted to originally add such as Gilda( Toltecian Cobra) greeting Princess Celestia. Also I did not want you to wait a long time. And why did I decide to name the Toltecian Cobra, Gilda? I made it of pure coincidence that another character will have the name Gilda and two Rainbow Dash will not be the only one to name someone G.

As for the Toltecian Cobras, I always had them pictured in my mind and longed to include them for quite some time. However, in searching for visual representation so you can see what I see in my mind, it took me hours to type in the right words in order to find pictures of them for I figured there has to some artist or artists in the internet that has created a picture of the Cobra I have in my mind. Words such as "Upright cobra, cobra humanoids, Cobra people, snake people, snake naga upright" then I realized Naga isn't a word I should be using...too many unclean and unpleasant results popped up. Finally I don't remember what I typed in the end (also had some help from my co-writer from my other story) but I found creations that exactly matched the pictures of the Toltecian Cobras in my mind plus clean one too.(Only regarding the Pictures I'm linking, I can't say the same for the other content the artists have created. For I didn't exactly look at their other creations.) So here are the pictures that directly visualize the Cobras I picture in my mind.

1. First Cobra (Typing in naga helped in this result) 2. Second Cobra (My co-writer found this one.)
3. For Emperor Huitzilihuitl

Thank goodness for the Internet allowing many talented artists to post their amazing art online.

Once more Thank you my dearest readers for your infinite patience and I will make it up to all of you in the coming chapter. Thank you for your patience.