• Published 26th Nov 2011
  • 3,234 Views, 26 Comments

Octavia and the Alicorn's peace. - FoxofRarity



An Alicorn returns back to Equestria after failing to finding inner-peace, only friendship can help and a mare who can show him what Love is.

  • ...
10
 26
 3,234

Waking up to a surprise and Being Forgiven.

Octavia and the Alicorn's Peace.


By. FoxofRarity

Chapter.6


Disclaimer-Thank you for your patience. My little Pony Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.





“Forgive me.”


Large beads of sweat ran down Gold Sky’s forehead, the nightmare that has been plaguing him since the fortieth year of his two hundred year journey came to torture him.

The screams of children echoed in his mind.

“Please forgive me! Please forgive me! Oh Great Spirit what have I done!!!”

Gold Sky trembled about in his part of bed, he whimpered because he felt the thick warm crimson liquid on his hooves, their frozen mortified eyes still looked at him piercing his spirit. All through his doing he committed a great sin, one that no matter what others tell him he will never forgive himself. To the point of shielding that part of his mind from Guardian Aunt so she can never see the terrible things he’s done.

The voice of a young griffon chick echoed in his heart. Slowly tears flowed out the slits of his closed eyes, her voice will forever be imprinted in his mind…Gold Sky is weak and a coward.

He attempted seppuku to atone for his sin but when that failed he finally saw the reality of immortality.

*

“Father look! Right there next to the Ponyville Lake is the house you always dreamed of.” Octavia said to her father.

“Octavia d-did you do this? Did you get this house for m-m-me…?” Allegro note asked as he tried to comprehend the magnificent act his daughter done for him.

Octavia hugged Allegro Note tight. “Yes. I bought you this house. Just for you father.”

“Y-you did?”

Octavia smiled at him. “It’s yours father. I used the money I earned from all my performances to buy you this.”

“Oh Octavia you shouldn’t have.” Tears formed in his eyes.

“You’re my daddy and I love you very much.” Octavia handed him the keys so he can go inside his new home.

The sleeping gray mare smiled as she hugged a pillow tight. Her biggest dream is to make enough money to buy her father a new home so he can be close to the Ponyville Lake, a place he always loves to go so he can listen to the calming sounds of nature.

The Earth Pony mare and the Alicorn Stallion both dreamed dreams of happiness and despair.

***

In her study room Princess Celestia heard a soft knock.

“Come in.”

Princess Cadance slowly cantered in. “Tia I hope my late night visit isn’t an inconvenience.”

Celestia smiled softly at Cadance.
“No I don’t mind at all.”

So the cerise Alicorn sat by Celestia to ask her something because earlier in the day when she and Shining Armor were enjoying dinner, she felt a presence. A presence she has never felt before.

“Tia, I felt something that seems to be powerful.”

Celestia knew what Cadance is worried about but she played along for laughs. “This presence you felt, is it something that I should be worried about since you say it’s powerful.”

Cadance shook her head.
“From what I felt, this presence is powerful in love, very, very powerful in love. So powerful that if I go out on a limb here it’s like love suddenly took on a physical manifestation.”

Celestia nodded her head like she understood what Cadance is telling her.
“Cadance, tomorrow join me for breakfast, just you alright.”

“Why?”

“Do you trust me Cadance?” Celestia asked from out of nowhere.

Cadance does not know if Celestia is joking with her or is being serious. Celestia is a master of hiding her emotions.

“Tia, I trust you with my life.”

Celestia smiled at hearing that. “Then in that case you will be joining me breakfast tomorrow morning alright.”

“Yes o-of course.”

So Cadance hugged Celestia good night and went back to bed.

“You will meet my prodigal son tomorrow.”

***
Rarity yawned; it’s time for her to get some shut eye because earlier in the evening she and Spike placed some plywood over the broken window Gold Sky broke when he saw Spike.

Spike stood next to Rarity rubbing his eyes. “It’s pretty late I should be getting home.” He said in a tired voice.

Rarity smiled warmly at Spike, she appreciated his help very much along with spending time with him.

“Thank you so much for your help Spikey-Wikey I couldn’t have board up that window without your help, any who before you go home will you like a nice yummy gum so you can munch on?” Rarity asked.

Spike smiled but then yawned letting out a puff of black smoke that’s shaped like a heart.

Rarity placed a hoof on Spike’s left shoulder, she worried that something bad might happen to him while he’s walking back home because Spike looks like he can’t walk a few feet before succumbing to his sleepiness.

“Say Spike will you like to sleep here? You look like you’re ready to just drop into deep sleep any minute now and don’t worry about Twilight I will tell her tomorrow morning why you didn’t show up tonight.” Rarity said in a soft hopeful voice to a half awake, half asleep Spike.

The awake part of Spike thought for a couple of seconds but it may have been to no use because he just fell to the floor snoring like a little adorable delight.

“Oh Spike.” Rarity said affectionately. So she went upstairs to get a blanket to cover him while he slept on the floor.

“Wait Rarity.” The white mare said to herself. “Why will I leave Spike to sleep on the floor? He’s my cute Spikey-Wikey!” So carefully with her gentle magic Rarity picked up Spike to carry him to her room.

Rarity got on her bed and lied belly down. In ultra loving care like she is holding the core of her limitless generosity, she placed Spike next to her so she can feel his body heat and he feel hers. Rarity placed a feather filled comforter over her and Spike.

The white mare looked at sleeping Spike with those loving azure eyes of hers, what she saw is a cute young dragon whose scales are hard as diamonds but soft to a poke. Spike has a place in her heart.

Only in her heart.

“Good night Spike.” Rarity murmured quietly in his ear. “Sweet dreams.” She softly kissed him the head and fell asleep.

***


Twilight concentrated harder to shape shift her mane into the beautiful gray black mane that tells the world who Octavia is. Now for Twilight’s case her ultra adorable tri color mane is also very beautiful because who else will look so fine in bangs.

A velvet aura surrounded Twilight’s mane, after a strong push the three colors of Twilight’s mane began to fade away into gray black, her bangs swayed to the right.

Twilight opened her eyes to check out the results of her experimentation.
“Wow! I got it to the fullest detail.” Suddenly Twilight began to giggle; she remembered the prank she did to Spike when she shape shifted into Rarity. “I should try to shape shifting into Octavia later on when that Gold Sky fellow comes again and perhaps then if I practice hard enough I can to milk information from him. For a Unicorn that cloak seems to go well with him.” Twilight said out loud while she brushed her gray black mane to see if it will change back to normal when a physical stimulus is thrust against it.

“Hmm it looks like I fully mastered the art of shape shifting by turning my mane into a permanent but at the same time temporary physical attribute of mine. Let see what happens if I try this.” Twilight waved her new hair the way Rarity does it after she brushes it with one hundred strokes.

“Perfect!” *Squee!*

Twilight’s horn glowed to change her mane back to its normal tri color normality. However she looked out the window she saw that it’s dark outside and also remembered that she left Spike in Rarity’s care. So quickly headed for the door…BUT!

“Oooh!” Twilight groaned. “I think Spike is still kind of mad at me for playing that prank on him…*sigh* I guess I could let him sleep at Rarity’s because I know she wouldn’t wake him up from his sleep. I’m sure he’ll love that.” Twilight smiled at picturing inside her highly intelligent mind, Spike waking to Rarity’s sweet voice and his green eyes turning into beating hearts.

Twilight yawned and headed upstairs to get the sleep she needs.

***

“RUBY!!”

“Go Gold Sky my end has finally come and thank you letting me join you in your journey.” A giant purple dragon rained fire upon the griffon…leaving nothing behind.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RUBY!!!!” Gold Sky fell to his knees before the fallen dragon.


***

Octavia passed a moist cloth over a commemorative plaque that said-

The Equestria Music Academy

Founded by. Octavia

“There. Spick and span and almost open.” Octavia said in joyous awaiting pleasure because of the red ribbon in front of the academy.

Princess Luna stood by Octavia holding the scissors with her magic. “Here you go Octavia, you can do the honors.”

Octavia took the scissors and got near the red ribbon, for a quick moment she looked into the crowd to see Allegro Note who gave her the smile that only exists between father and daughter.

The gray mare cut the ribbon to the sound of numerous cheers and entered a world of eternal bliss.

***

The two ponies dreamed…one for the future that will bring happiness through hard work…while the other dreamed of the great haunting sins he can't escape from.

Not even by stabbing oneself in the belly with a dagger.

***
Princess Luna tapped Celestia on the shoulder. “Celli, it’s time to raise the sun.”
Celestia waved her hoof a couple of times at Luna who in return left Celli’s room. Celestia got up from her huge bed to stretch her muscles and put on her horseshoes, crest, and crown.

“Away I go!” The majestic white mare flew out into the night sky. Her horn glowed brightly providing a beacon of hope in the near blackness of the edge of space. “Come up my lovely giant sphere of warm lovely fire. Let your light wake my dear subjects from their slumber so they will live this day to their full potential in a utopia of never ending peace.”

The sun rose to the will of its mother and hugged her tight with its warmth.
Celestia felt the soft affection from the sun so she too returned the kind act.
“Good morning to you too my shining sun.”

Dawn.


***

In the guest room light shined in through the gaps in the curtains. Gold Sky saw redness because of his closed eyes. Octavia felt warmth strike her with loving little tingles on her skin.

Gold Sky shifted his back to the window and covered his head with the blanket. Octavia felt cool so she rolled over to cover herself up. Gold Sky’s head got uncovered so he pulled some more blanket over himself to help himself fall back to sleep. Octavia got cold again so she pulled some more of the blanket to her side of the bed.

What both did not know is the fact that they are now face to face along with struggling for the blanket. After what seemed like an obvious indicator that neither one of them are not alone, Octavia opened her eyes to see if it’s Luna who’s the one pulling the blanket in order to wake her up, Gold Sky also opened his eyes to see if Celestia is the one who’s pulling his blanket like she did to him many years ago when he was just a young colt.
Both the grayish purple and teal eyes took the time needed to focus.

Gold Sky’s eyes widened at seeing Octavia across from him.
Octavia gasp in seeing Gold Sky across from her.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” They both screamed in total bewilderment. Without even having to think Gold Sky wrapped himself with the blanket so Octavia cannot see his wings. Octavia jumped off the bed while she saw Gold Sky roll off accompanied with a loud thud.

“Ow! My face!”

“GOLD SKY!!! W-wh-what are y-y-you, h-how in the world are doing here in my bed!!!” Octavia screamed.


Gold Sky got back up with the blanket nicely wrapped around him. “ME!?” His speech impediment came into the picture. “Tsh shhhhh, grrrrr, how, how, how, how d-d-d-d-did you get in here!!!”

“Because Princess Luna brought me here so I can sleep for the night! Now how did you get in here!?” The gray mare responded and asked in a voice of high dignity.

Gold Sky tilted his head. “Because Guardi, errrrrr, I, I, I, I me-mean Princess Celestia brought me here so I can sleep here in the palace.” However something struck Gold Sky odd. Octavia said something about another Princess?? Gold Sky only knows one Princess and that’s Celestia.

“Who’s P-Princess Luna?” He asked in true innocent wonder.

“Princess Luna is the Princess of the moo…wait. What did you say?” The standing awkwardness that was between them died down when Octavia come to realize that Gold Sky asked a stupid question but with real wonder in his voice.

Slowly she approached him, she didn’t care that she just met him yesterday and woke up to find him in her space, she had this feeling that this stallion can be trusted to great degree because he took two steps back when she stood in front of him along with hearing his heart speeding up tremendously.

“Gold Sky, did you just ask me who Princess Luna is?”

Gold Sky’s cheeks turned red, he felt a feeling that told him he just asked a stupid question and to make matters worse he still doesn’t know how Octavia ended up in the same bed he slept in.
“Uhhh, yes. Who is this Princess Luna and when did she become Princess? Is she tall or short? Is she nice or really serious? What color is her coat? How come I never heard of her?” Gold Sky saw Octavia looking at him with utter horror.

Octavia wanted to tell him to stop being such an idiot…nevertheless she won’t be so harsh on somepony who stopped to listen to her practice music and has a heartwarming smile.
“Gold Sky, are you serious?” Octavia asked kindly.

Gold Sky was about to say yes until his mind reminded him of something. He’s an Alicorn and he wants to keep that a secret, so if he says yes then there is a high or true chance that Octavia will see him in a different light. She will no longer respect him and just ignore him, Gold Sky didn’t want that happen because he already considered Octavia a friend or first friend.

“Uhh, y-y-you know what I was just jo-jo-joking Octavia, I just said that to get rid of the shocking surprise we just experienced. I-I know who Princess Luna is.”

“Oh. Well that’s very resourceful of you. I’m sorry for thinking that you were an idiot or something but you managed to turn this morning into a pleasant one now. Say by the way you said Princess Celestia brought you to this guest room? So are you some way close to her, or is she a friend of your father’s, or a student of her school?” Inquired Octavia.

“Well she thought I was an idiot but it been much worse.” Gold Sky is flattered that Octavia thought he was an idiot. “I am an idiot.”

“Princess Celestia knew my parents, especially mommy.” Gold Sky didn't realize he said too much in basic detail.

Octavia quickly covered her mouth to suppress a loud laugh…but in the end that gray mare fell to the floor laughing like she never laughed before.

“Okay…weird.” He whispered to himself.

After ten minutes Octavia stopped laughing, she picked herself up on all fours to wipe the tears away from her eyes.

“Ok, phew, ok, ok, ok, sorry about that. I take you and your mother were very, very close then.”

Gold Sky hesitated but nodded.

“How is she?”

Gold Sky’s ears dropped and he frowned. “My parents died when I was very young.” His voice meant every word.


Octavia’s jaw dropped in total regret; she began to feel the warm sensation guilt gives as it slowly crawls throughout the body.

“G-Go-Go-Gold Sky, I’m so sorry! I’m so sorry!” Octavia cried. “I’m so sorry. Please forgive me Gold Sky, I-I didn’t know your parents died! I’m sorry!”

Gold Sky picked up his head at hearing Octavia ask him to forgive her. A warm chill ran down his spine, nevertheless, he worked up the courage to speak to Octavia.

“Octavia.” Gold Sky said in soft reverence. “It’s alright, you didn’t know. I forgive you.”

“But I’m so sorry!” Octavia went on.

Gold Sky took a step forward and gently, gently placed a hoof on Octavia’s right shoulder. “Octavia it’s alright please stop apologizing. Let’s just forget the matter just like we forgot about the huge awkwardness we experienced earlier.”

Both ponies looked into each other’s eyes...both stood still. Gold Sky became lost in those nice pools of grayish purple; his perception of the world around him ignored everything else except for those eyes. There is something about Octavia that Gold Sky just can’t point out, he feels peace. The one thing he’s been trying to obtain the minute his two hundred year journey began.

Gold Sky broke the silence. “Ahem anyway we should, um do something.” He turned away from Octavia to hide his blushing cheeks.

Out of curiosity. “How did you parents die?”

*Sigh*
“They died of disease right before my eyes. I don’t know how I survived while they died, I cried so much at feeling my mommy stroking my cheek on last time…telling me everything will be alright. While my daddy kissed me one last time on head. I didn’t want them to go. Nurse Redheart took me into her loving arms while I sobbed; her maternal voice reassured me that I will not be alone in this world. I was too young to understand what she meant by that but because all that I focused on during that event is the fact my parents died and Nurse Redheart holding me in her arms the same way my mommy always held me.” Tears formed in Gold Sky’s eyes.

Without thinking Octavia went up and hugged Gold Sky.

“Huh!?” Gold Sky said below his breath, he didn’t expect this at all and to make that obvious his body heat went up twenty degrees along with his heart still beating fast.

Octavia felt the heat radiating from Gold Sky’s body and his tears falling on her shoulder. He would not be shedding tears if she asked first instead of laughing.

“Gold Sky I know you said to drop the subject but I’m truly sorry. Please don’t cry if it makes you feel better I too lost a parent and I was raised entirely by my father. I hope this won’t ruin our blossoming friendship.” Octavia comforted.

The unknown Alicorn couldn’t believe his ears. If he heard what he just heard then he will not let anything get in the way of that.

Encouraged by her words Gold Sky hugged Octavia back.

Octavia asked herself why hugging Gold Sky made her happy. Just when she thought she knew just about anything of this Unicorn she just discovered something new and in a terrible manner but still, Gold Sky is just different from all the other stallions she’s met throughout her career. But different in a good way. Octavia being a mare with, a powerful, in a sense of feeling that’s telling her Gold Sky is different and should try to know him better.

Some of Octavia’s hair brushed against Gold Sky’s nose allowing his amazingly strong sense of smell to relish Octavia’s scent. “She has such a wonderful scent...it’s so nice.”

“Thank you.” Gold Sky said softly.

“For what?” Octavia asked.

“F-for calling me your friend.”

“Octavia giggled and hugged Gold Sky tighter. “Oh Gold Sky you flatter me.”

“Anyway we should…do something like agreeing to never speak about this again.”

“That sounds like an excellent idea.” Both ponies let go of each other.

“Don’t you feel weird still being wrapped up in that blanket? We don’t, well you know normally wear clothes and by the way that cloak, did Rarity redo it or did you simply buy a new one because it looks really, really nice!” Octavia trotted over to where the white cloak laid. She rubbed her cheek against it so she can feel its smooth elegance.

Octavia’s eyes widened. “Wow it feels amazing! Mind if I…”

“No, I don’t mind at all, so go ahead try it on it feels great!” Gold Sky said while he dried his eyes.

Octavia donned on the white cloak.

“She looks really nice in it.” Gold Sky thought to himself which in turn caused a soft smile to form on his lips. “Today has been a good day so far…oh!

*Stomach growl.*

Octavia stopped admiring herself in the mirror. “Are you hungry Gold Sky?”

*Stomach growl.*


Gold Sky chuckled. “I guess you’re hungry too.”

Octavia turned to face Gold Sky with a smile on her face. “You want to join me for breakfast?”

Once again total disbelief overtook Gold Sky. “I…I…” He wished he was not so shy around Octavia, in fact now that he thought very quick about it; he was not shy around Rarity & Rainbow Dash but around Octavia he is.

“Why are you so shy Gold Sky? I mean I understand that we just met and woke up in the same bed by accident or by accident on Princess Luna’s or Princess Celestia’s part but still Gold Sky. You let me try on your clothes and if this is too personal…you walk like a mare.” Octavia stopped right there.

“What!?”

“AH perfect! Your shyness goes away and gets replaced with embarrassing wonder. Who are you Gold Sky? Because I never seen you before in Ponyville or Canterlot and if Pinkie Pie doesn’t know who you are then that means you’re really from out, out of town!? Octavia removed the cloak.

Gold Sky sighed. This is just overwhelming, it’s like Octavia just knows everything about him with the exception of his wings. Nevertheless does he really walk like a mare? If he does then it has to be the fault of the Griffons when they were teaching him their customs and gait.

“I don’t who I am or why I am this way…everyday is like dream or an illusion. I wake up but yet I’m still dreaming!! I asked myself if this real then why does it feel so unfamiliar. Until…”

“Until what?” Octavia asked.

“Until I heard your music. For the first time in a long, long time I woke up with peace and I met you. You have beautiful eyes that show strength, integrity, immortal grade maturity, and Love. That is why I’m so honored to be your friend Octavia.” Gold Sky’s horn glowed levitating his cloak, while he walked to the bathroom to put it on.

In the bedroom Octavia stood in her place deep in thought. “He means what he said. So just like Luna, I-I mean Princess Luna my music impacted him. Hmm, but I wonder why he feels stuck in a dream that is happening even when he’s awake. AH IDEA!! Perhaps at his welcome to Ponyville party I should play the song that is deep in meaning of what is real when it appears that everything that is happening is surreally artificial but through serenity of the individual acceptance…is real.

Gold Sky came back from the restroom fully dressed in his white silk cloak. “Octavia the question you asked earlier.”

“Huh, Oh, oh yeah! You want to join me for breakfast?”

“Ye, uh oh.” His ears dropped. Gold Sky almost forgot that he will be joining Celestia for breakfast.

“What is it?”

Now Gold Sky really wished that he was dreaming.
“Princess Celestia told me to have breakfast with her today. I’m sorry Octavia, it almost escaped my mind.” He broke eye contact to show Octavia how ashamed he is.

The gray mare placed a hoof on Gold Sky’s shoulder. “It’s alright Gold Sky, we can have lunch at the Sugarcube corner instead.”

This day really is going to be a good day. “I can’t wait.” Gold Sky replied.

Both ponies left the guest bedroom, Octavia waved good bye and Gold Sky gave Octavia a heartwarming smile.

I hope time fly’s by.” They both thought in unison.

***
In the Carousel Boutique the sun struck Spike’s closed eye lids. Bit by bit the light whispered in his ear to wake up, so he did by opening his eyes. Spike’s vision needed some time to adjust so at first he felt at home. Suddenly he something soft rub against him.

“Whoa where am I!?” Spike’s vision became fully adjusted. He studied his surroundings only to figure out that he’s in the one place he enjoys being in and to makes thing oh so much better he turned to see if the soft something is the one pony.

“Rar-Rarity…? Is that you?” Spike asked without thinking for a moment that perhaps Rarity is still asleep.

Rarity woke up to Spike’s voice. *yawn.* “What? Huh. Ah Spike! I see you woke up. Good morning!” Rarity kissed Spike on the head.

Spike blushed.

Rarity knew her cue at seeing Spikey-Wikey blush. “Spike in case you’re wondering why you woke up here I took you from Twilight after you knocked yourself out. When you recovered we patched up the window and when we got done it was already getting dark. You began to get tired so I thought you will be heading home but at seeing the moon shining high in the sky, I couldn’t just let you walk home alone in the dark. So when you just fell fast asleep I brought you up here so you can be by my side.”

“Uhhh, Rarity that is very nice of you.” Slowly a ear to ear grin formed on Spike’s face. “Thank you Rarity. C-c-c-can you please kiss me again?”

“Ooooooooh Spike.” Doted Rarity. “Of course.” Rarity kissed Spike again on the head.

Hearts flew out…somewhere from Spike’s body. Not even Twilight knows where they come from.

“You want to eat breakfast Spike and well I don’t know how to say this.” Rarity’s voice indicated that she will be talking about an important topic and to add to that sense her hoof scratched the bed.

Spike rubbed his head against Rarity’s soft coat before hopping off the bed to help her off.
“I’m all ears Rarity.” Spike spoke happily.

Rarity has always admired Spike’s feelings for her with a touch of curiosity, she has wondered about exploring Spike’s limit in how far he’ll go in expressing his feelings for her while she wants to see if she can reflect those feelings back him. Ever since her little or to be more direct, dream shattering fiasco with Prince Blueblood. Rarity has been feeling quite empty…of course when she spends time with her friends that emptiness goes away completely, however, just like the sun sets in at dusk, her emptiness returns when the moon rises up and she comes back home after departing from her friends. On the other side of the coin Rarity also enjoys spending time with Spike, despite Twilight asking Rarity many times if Spike is a nuisance to her, Rarity will always end up giving Twilight a severe scolding for asking such a thing. One moment that she will always remember is Spike giving it his all to protect her from those diamond dogs, selfless but vain acts to help her get to safety. Rarity knows full well that Spike is a dragon but from the many novels she read, appearances never matter but perhaps there is a chance that since it’s been a long time that Spike has had a crush on her he could have develop a new crush on somepony else. Not all novels have a happy ending.

The white mare took a deep breath. “Spike if you want, uh, once we’re done enjoying breakfast do you want to spend the day with me so w-we can do stuff together…” Rarity never felt so timid in her life. “Just you and me?” She said the last word with her trademark rise in pitch.

Spike has always dreamed of this moment but he wanted to be the one to ask Rarity on a date and not her ask him. “I wonder if she knows about her true feelings though.” Spike thought. He knows something but decided to find a better time when to spill the beans.



A crush is simply a crush.

“Rarity, I will be more than happy too.”

***


Gold Sky walked through the corridors of the palace, hearing his hoof steps echo around him while a nearby golden armored guard gave Gold Sky a simple nod as to apply that he knows that Gold Sky is not a threat.

Entering the corridor of mirrors which is called the way it is because for every two feet there is a mirror hanging on the wall.

Gold Sky looked at his reflection as he walked past each one, what Octavia told him earlier came back to his mind. “Do I really walk like a mare?” Gold Sky studied his slow trot but this caused another question to form in his mind. “DO I HAVE A MARE’S BODY!!?

Franticly Gold Sky looked around hoping to catch sight of a maid to ask her if he has a mare's body but to no luck there was no maid to be found, so with his head hanging Gold Sky continued his way to the dining room to have breakfast with Guardian Aunt.

Without warning he bumped into a cerise mare. “OH MY! I am very sorry ma’am; I guess I was too deep into thought that I didn’t see you.” Gold Sky helped the mare get back up on her feet. He noticed a shiny golden object on her head but thought nothing of it.

“It’s alright young colt, I too was in deep thought. Oh I see you’re heading towards the dining room.” Cadance readjusted her crown.

“After you of course.” Gold Sky opened the door for the mare.

“Thank you.” Cadance walked into the dining room. “Strange.” She thought. “That feeling I felt last night it’s coming back.

Before going into the dining room Gold Sky took a deep breath he still does not possess the courage to face Princess Celestia. He doesn’t deserve any of her hospitality but he deserves her scorn, however Gold Sky does not understand the power of the bond shared between mother and son.

“Here we go.” Gold Sky walked in.

“Good morning Gold Sky! I glad you can join me and Cadance for breakfast.” Celestia got up from her seat to show Gold Sky to his seat which is right next to her.

“Cadance??” Gold Sky said out loud. *Ting* “You must be Cadance!”

The cerise mare held her head high in pride. “That’s right or as some may say, ahem, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.”

Gold Sky gasped! Quickly he bowed down before her. “Your majesty please forgive me for bumping into you an-and showing such disrespect. Please forgive me your majesty!”

Cadance turned to look at Celestia who simply shrugged back, so Cadance went and placed a hoof on Gold Sky’s shoulder. The minute she placed her hoof on her shoulder a sharp volt struck her causing Cadance to jerk back her hoof. “INCREDIBLE!!!! HE’S THE REASON BEHIND THIS FEELING…HE IS THE PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF LOVE!!”

“Anyway.” Cadance regained her composure. “It’s all right Gold Sky, so please get back up and join us for breakfast. We got waffles and apple juice.”

Gold Sky got back up and sat next to Celestia who extended a majestic wing to bring him closer to her.

The servants brought the food and apple juice. Celestia’s golden aura took hold of her fork to dig in, Cadance’s light blue aura also took hold of her fork, while Gold Sky picked up his fork with his hoof to eat.

Celestia noticed this, Cadance on the other hand or hoof is too busy trying to figure how in the world Gold Sky is the physical manifestation of Love along with not seeing him before.

“Gold Sky how come you are not using your magic?” Celestia asked in a tone that be compared to a mother that has concern.

“Well…I just don’t use my magic often, your majesty.”


Celestia tilted her heard with a raised eyebrow. “Gold Sky do not refer to me as your majesty is that clear! Our relationship is not that of subject and ruler.” Celestia said sternly.

“Yes Guardian Aunt.”

Cadance refocused back from her little trance to listen in on this. “Wonder what she means by that?

The Princess of Love gave in to her curiosity. “So, Gold Sky please tell me a about yourself.”

The Alicorn stallion turned to look at Celestia who nodded at him. “It’s alright Gold Sky you can trust her.

“Um, I…I just returned from a two hundred year journey because I felt homesick an-and I meet some nice ponies an-and other stuff.” Gold Sky is too bashful to speak before Princess Cadance, this too much for him because just moment ago he found out about Princess Luna and now there’s a third Princess? What else will he discover today?

“A two hundred year journey? But you’re just a Unicorn…Celli is this some kind of prank you’re playing on me which is why you asked me to join you for breakfast.” Cadance demanded.

Celestia just rolled her eyes. “Cadance why do you always have such little faith.” Celestia horn glowed causing her aura to surround Gold Sky’s cloak and remove it from his body.

“NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!? PLEASE GUARDIAN AUNT DON’T REMOVE MY CLOAK!!!!” Gold Sky begged but it’s already too late.

Cadance's eyes widened! “You’re an Alicorn! But I thought it was only me, Tia, and Luna?? How are you an Alicorn Gold Sky…is that a real horn or are those real wings? Come here!” Cadance touched his horn to see if it will come off but it didn’t.

“OW! Please be careful Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.” Gold Sky begged.

“Ok your horn is real now time to check your wings.” So Cadance used her magic to extend Gold Sky’s wings and began to examine them. Along with plucking a feather.

“OW! Please be gentle!!!” Gold Sky begged once more.

Cadance held the feather up to her eye level. “Heh what a shiny feather.”

Celestia meanwhile got up from her seat. “Cadance will you please stop hurting Gold Sky. He’s an Alicorn like you and me, but he was born naturally through a mother and father. Gold Sky come sit next to me and do you mind if I tell Cadance about your parents?”

Gold Sky sat down next to Celestia and shook his head.

“All right I will just be brief. Gold Sky’s mother Sylvia used to be a pupil of mine and his father Silver Wind used to be my personal guard while also forming the Elite Commando guard which Luna took over now. Anyway they got married and had Gold Sky but even before Gold Sky was one year old they died when a plague struck Equestria causing both of them to die slowly…before her last breath Sylvia asked me to take Gold Sky under my wing and love him as my own son.” Celestia saw Gold Sky frowning so she placed a wing over him. “Which I did and loved him as my own son.”

“Oooooh.” Cadance said in understanding.

“I don’t deserve to be called your son, Guardian Aunt.” This caused Celestia and Cadance to look at him with surprise.


“Gold Sky you can say whatever you want but I took you under my wing and loved as my son. You will always be my son and I know you still feel guilty for leaving me when you started your two hundred journey. But I still love you very much, all those times we spent together will always be in my heart.” Celestia made sure her love can be radiated down upon Gold Sky.

“I am not of your own flesh and blood! So why do you still love me when I caused you so much pain! I deserve your scorn, your anger, and punishment not your love…forgive me Guardian Aunt. But when I felt your pain, I-I-I am not worthy of anything from you.” Gold Sky broke eye contact with Celestia, he’s not even worthy to look at her.

Cadance quickly injected herself into this reminiscing sadness. “Gold Sky don’t talk like that! I can feel how much you love Tia…” Gold Sky stopped Cadance.

“H-how can you feel my love for Guardian Aunt!?” Gold Sky asked fearfully. He hopes that Cadance cannot read his mind, the screams of the children and voice of the young Griffon chick only belongs to his eyes and ears.

Cadance shot Gold Sky a smile. “Because I am the Princess of Love Gold Sky, I spread love and bring love to places that have none. I can see the near limitless, no, limitless love in you! The guilt inside is caused by your love. You don’t want to be a part of Tia’s life anymore because of the pain you caused her which is normal, henceforth, you simply don’t want to be loved by the mare who loved you with all her heart.”

A whimper came out of Gold Sky followed by a sniffle, his body shook like a pony with Parkinson’s disease. His eyes once again became pink.

“Gold Sky are you alright.” Celestia asked.

He placed a hoof over his mouth, his breathing increased and his whimpering got louder.

“He’s going to cry Tia.” Cadance pointed out.

Upon mother's instinct Celestia took Gold Sky into her loving arms. “Gold Sky there is no shame in crying, it only shows me that you haven’t changed one bit. You are still that affectionate craving and loving stallion I took under my wing.” Celestia comforted.

Gold Sky sobbed like he never sobbed before in his life. Cadance is right.
“Forgive me Guardian Aunt…please forgive me. I love you very much but I just felt so, so. Ahhhhhh, when I called you mommy for the first time I felt so happy because you loved me and I loved you. But later on I felt guilt, it was like I was spitting on my birth mommy’s grave and that is when the pain from their deaths returned!” Gold Sky said through his sobs. “Please forgive me Guardian Aunt I went on that journey to find peace but I ended getting scarred instead. Please Guardian Aunt forgive me and hug me like you always did before I went to sleep.”

“I have nothing to forgive you for because you did nothing wrong…” Celestia abruptly got cut off.

“YES I DID!” Gold Sky said loudly. “You couldn’t see me grow up before your eyes. You couldn’t teach everything you wanted to teach me, I took away the joys of motherhood from you. What kind of a son leaves his mother! I felt your pain when you came into my room only to find my bed empty and nowhere to be found throughout the palace. I heard your cries…nothing is worse than hearing the cries of a mother. I never felt so much guilt in my life and I never wanted to come back, but I missed you so much, your love, hugs, affection, voice of reassurance, and I just want to be forgiven.” Gold Sky pressed his face against Celestia’s shoulder.

Celestia in infinite wisdom just sighed, she knows Gold Sky will not get over his guilt until she forgives him, however, he is right in saying that it is his fault that she never got to see him grow up. How she yearned to see Gold Sky progress through the years to give testament to her love.

“I forgive you my son. I forgive you.” Celestia whispered into Gold Sky’s left ear. She softly jerked her head to the left so her mane by flow by Gold Sky’s face.

Cadance saw this and used her telepathy to ask Tia why she did this. “Tia, why did put your mane over his face?


So he can smell it.”

“What???” This is freaking Cadance out.

You know how babies recognize their parents through their voices and faces, well Gold Sky only recognized his parents through their scents. Sylvia told me that Gold Sky will not smile at her until she placed his head on her shoulder so he can smell her mane, which after he smells it he instantly knows that she is his mother and will smile at her and that the same can be said for his father. That only lasted when he was only a baby. So to ease you, by letting him smell my mane is a sign that he sees me as his mother.” Suddenly Celestia remembered something. “Also he’s scared of you.

What!? Why is he scared of me!? He just met me today!!

“Well when you said that you can feel his love for me, I guess he took that the wrong way and thought that you can read his mind. I think there are things he doesn’t want anypony to know.

“Hmm, will if he’s to be like that than I’ll just leave you two. You promise to fill in the details about him?” Cadance asked before opening the door.

“I promise Cadance.” Celestia did the Pinkie Pie promise motions with her right hoof.

Cadance left Tia and Gold Sky alone.

Gold Sky stopped crying, he began to feel a sense of freedom now that Celestia has forgiven him. He took a whiff of Celestia flowing mane causing flashbacks to appear before his eyes.

A long silence fell between them. Not the type of silence that typically occurs in most situations but the silence that comes when two are reunited after many years of separation.

“Gold Sky.” Celestia broke the soft silence.

“Yes…mother.” This new freedom allowed him to say that.

“Do you remember the first night I took you under my wing?”

Gold Sky closed his eyes to remember that moment when Celestia looked at him with eyes of love. “Yes I remember it. Y-you heard me crying so you came in and lied down next to me so you can comfort me.”

Celestia smiled. “I took you into my arms and the moment I felt you move close to me, the bond between us came to life. Never forget that moment Gold Sky. Never forget the birth of our bond.”

“I won't forget, mother.” Gold Sky replied.

“Oh and Gold Sky.” Celestia just had one more thing to say.

“Even though I never got to see grow up…I know that you kept my morals and values…I love you my son.”

---


My dearest readers I can't thank you enough for being so patent with me and if you have suggestions I will be more than happy to hear them.

On a side note I guess you might want to read the story of the prodigal son to have a better understanding of Princess Celestia taking in Gold Sky with open arms.