• Published 30th Nov 2015
  • 394 Views, 8 Comments

The Pink Wall breakers Theatre - Ponyess



Pinkie Pie establishes a Theatre group, most for the fun of it, inviting her friends to help her out as a friendly gesture. The fun in theatre is that you can involve so many different talents in your play. Pinkie Pie loves involving friends.

  • ...
 8
 394

Treating My Rare Gem: 5

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie's POV

I had given Rarity a promise; when I handed her the gifts, and the polish for the three Dazzlings. Just as I had told her, not to use any of that lacquer on her nails. Naturally, I had meant that warning, but not as a threat.

A promise is a promise, and it is something I live by keeping. I pony up, what I have promised. With that said; I have a promise to deliver on, and I expect Rarity to enjoy the gift.

I had sneaked up on my old friend, and barely managed not to scare her out of her bright white skin; as I tapped her on her right shoulder. Not that she is the easy scare; but I am suspiciously good at sneaking up on people, and friends.


“Iiiih!” she exclaimed, as I placed a finger on her shoulder.

“Sh.. If you would just follow me up to the second floor. I have something I know you are going to enjoy!” I prompted, once she had managed to calm down and collect herself enough to quiet down.

“Hello, Pinkie Pie. I certainly should have known, you are the only one who could sneak up on me like this!” she responded; as she hastily followed me to the flight of stairs, and up to the balcony in the library.


Naturally, there is a table and two chairs on the second level. If it had not, I would just have made sure, there was; simple as that. Now they are there; dusted off, and presentable.

“Rarity; have a seat, please; and make yourself comfortable!” I suggested, pointing at the chair I had in mind for her in which to sit.

“Thank you, Pinkie Pie!” she responded; nodding her ascent, as she sat where I directed her to.

“If you recall, I did promise you a lacquer for your nails; when you could not use the one I gave you as a gift for our new friends!” I inquired; as I sat down and produced a vial, from within a hidden pocket.

“Yes, Pinkie Pie; I do recall you did promise me that. I take it, this is the one you had in mind?” she responded.

“I guess I could as well treat you to a little bit of a manicure, while I am at it; unless you have something more important to do right now, or any other excuse, not to accept it?” I put forth.

“By Celestia, how did you get your hand on a vial like this? It is something a tad above what I dare hope for!” she gasped as she cast a first glance at the label.

“I have friends, and connections; when I feel the need of something special, I pull it off of the shelf for you!” I merely nodded.

“This is a top shelf item, it isn’t even available to just anyone; I have merely seen a few of these, in the first place. Let alone in my colour!” she added in disbelief.

“This is a special order, I had to make certain I had exactly your hue. Purple; and a bright, deep purple; was it?” I inquired, just to make a point of knowing what I had been looking for, without letting on the final kick in the teeth I had hidden behind my back.

“Special order; indeed, not even Photo Finish would expect to see this hue; even if she had been hoping for it!” she gawked.

“Then, you can be a true Rarity in every sense of the word. Let us get to the good part; if you place your hands before me, please; and the palms down, fingers spread wide?” I prompted.

“Certainly!” she merely responded, looking at the vial in disbelief.


I uncapped the bottle before her eyes, breathing in the aroma; before I exhaled and thus gave her a whiff of what she had before her. I could afford to take a moment extra, just for the impression on my friend; this did not cost me anything extra, while it was certain to plaster a grin on the face of my friend. It is always right to impress on your friends, when they were the benefactors of what you had before them.

Manicure may not be my specialty, but when I have a good reason, I can perform well enough to impress others who wasn’t directly professionals. I am good enough, not to make a fool out of myself and treat a friend.

I had pulled the cap up, and started to apply the thick gel lacquer from the root of the thumb nail of her right hand, drawing the brush all the way down to the tip of her nail. I started with the centre; then right and left, right and left.

As I had painted the top of the nail, I continued with the back in the same manner, before I sealed the nail in by applying a coating a line the rim; from the right and in, then from the left and in.

Nail by nail, I polished for her. I could see the glitter in her eyes, as she saw the effect it has on her nails. Then I could also see how the purple covers her nails; one by one, as I paint her nails. First the right, then the left.

“Ooooh!” she exclaimed in excitement, as she saw the effect the lacquer initially had on the nails; on her right, and left hand.


“If you permit a minute, for the curing of the lacquer? Then you can continue as if nothing had happened!” I prompted.

The minute came and went; while rarity was still just enjoying the looks, of her now deeply purple nails.

What I had not yet explained, is that the lacquer is unbreakable. Since she likes the colour, and the effect it has on her nails; I knew she was not to complain any time soon. The gift had extended just an inch farther than I had let on, but what is the harm; when it gave her exactly what she wanted in the first place.


The full effect would only be seen as she went to sleep, later tonight. The nails would grow out and cover the tip of the finger, only leaving enough over the joint, but stay the same oval shape and look just as adorable as she deserves. Yet, by then; I had another gift in mind for her. If you see this as a loving gift, or the prank is your privilege; but I know for uttermost certainty, that she is still loving the gift by next week.

Knowing Rarity; it is something she would go along with, even if I was to pull it over her head while she was asleep.


Just after midnight; I had slipped into the Carousel Boutique, where Rarity lives with her sister and work. No real problem to one who never forget, and never make slips. Besides, I do have the knack of knowing ahead of time.

Once I had sneaked up the flight of stairs to her bed room, I made certain the room is dark; before I untie her night blind fold she wears each and every night. I do need to have clear view and full access to her eyes, so I couldn’t avoid it; as much as I may have wanted for the convenience.

As crude and cruel as it may seem, but I start by cutting the original eyelashes off; before I carefully and meticulously apply one hair at the time. As I finish, she has a full set of glistering black hairs, where her eyelashes had been before. Only now, they would be a full inch long, with a progressive curl upwards.

Once I had finished, I am done; so I put the blind fold back in place and leave her to sleep the rest of the night undisturbed.

As I had removed the last trace of my ever being in the room, I walk out the door, quietly closing it behind myself, before I take the flight of stairs down.

I slip out the same way I had entered and seal the gap behind me, there can be no sign of the entry. Nothing had been taken, and nothing had been damaged; there are no signs of my action, other than her longer eyelashes. I am content, leaving it like this.


Rarity woke up early in the morning, the following day; pulling the blinders off of her head and looked around the room. What she saw, is exactly what she knew was there from the day before, naturally. If she had seen a single detail amiss or out of place, she would have questioned her sister; Sweetie Belle, and consequently made a mess out of the occurrence.

The moment she got into the mares’ room, and afforded the mirror a glance; the day turned upside-down on her. Naturally, she knew her lashes had never been this long, this glistering or anywhere nearly as thick as they are now. Not even with the artificial lashes she was known to wear on rare occasions, when she wanted to look her best at an occasion.

Her only problem is that these lashes did look as if they were growing right out of the skin of her eyelids; they are clearly no artificial or fake lashes. They are not covered in mascara, or any other artificial colouring or treatment, merely plain black and glistering all by themselves.

Once the situation dawned upon her, she merely stood there for several long minutes.


“Have you changed the make of your artificial lashes, Sister? These are looking almost as if they had been your very own!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed, as she saw her sister exiting the small room.

“Now, Sweetie. I am in fact not even wearing them, I never put them on before I am about to go out on a special occasion. I guess you were bound to notice? How do I look?” she inquired, uncharacteristically inquisitively.

“Like always, just stunning. While you are at it; your hands look great with the new lacquer, you had put on yesterday as well. Even if your nails were shorter, as I recall from yesterday!” she added as a final afterthought.

“Thank you, Sweetie; you do know how to make your sister feel all warm and fuzzy inside!” she responded.

“You are quite right dear Sweetie, they were shorter; before I went to bed!” she then added as she had taken in the details her sister had just pointed out.

Rather than the finger-short nails from the day before, her nails now had grown out to half an inch beyond the tip of the nail; while covering almost entirely all the way down to the final joint of the finger as well. Naturally, the nails are a perfect, deep purple and glistering smooth finish as well.

“Did you by any chance have your nails done, yesterday?” Sweetie Belle conceded.

“Well, Pinkie Pie applied a special and very rare, expensive lacquer. She had promised me the treat, when she asked me to help me handing something to a few girls for her. I never knew she was going this far overboard, with what she gave me!” Rarity prompted.

Why could Pinkie Pie never settle for something simple, but had to go overboard? My nails may look sharp, and smashing the way they are now; with the natural semi square form I had seen them grow into. I just hope they are not growing any longer than they are. I could grow used to them as they are; even if I commonly had the oval form, when I had long nails.

“How typical, now I will have to thank Pinkie Pie all over again. Not that I have a problem facing her, or thanking her; it is just the shock of what I realized she gave me!” Rarity thought.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment