• Published 29th Oct 2015
  • 3,066 Views, 16 Comments

Remembrance - AshleyH713



After many years Twilight Sparkle is trying to fight the consequences of being an alicorn princess while a new enemy approaches.

  • ...
2
 16
 3,066

Lost Part 2

Lost Part 2

Twilight Sparkle tore through the sky all while the ever fresh tears were still on her face. She flew high above the clouds, away from all of the pain and suffering. She needed to go here, to see them again.

She laded with a light tap as she strolled into the dark and familiar cave. Using her horn to light the way she silently made her way into the darkness.

She approached a clearing and had shield her eyes from the new found blighting light. Blinking a few times she gazed in awe at the beautiful structures in front of her. Standing tall in the darkness were five evenly placed trees. They smiled down at her in joy and Twilight felt a sudden sense of calm.

The first one was a large apple tree with the element of honesty buried in the center. The next was a sagging weeping willow tree with the element of generosity placed in the center. The others including a bright cherry blossom tree with kindness, a tall zap apple tree with loyalty and lastly a joyous tree filled with numerous colors, lighting the dull drab cave. Twilight walked around to each tree and rested her head on the soft wood. A small warmth filled her and she let out a soft sigh. Then the tears started again.

Twilight cried for her lost friends and buried her head in the last tree, the tree of laughter. It felt like they were so close. That she could reach out her hoof and touch the warming hoofs of her friends. But sadly she knew that this could never be. That she wouldn't never see them again, the only place they inhabited were her memories.

She closed her eyes and wept more as a dark smoke started to fill the cave. It glanced at the broken pony and then slowly seeped into the roots of the farthest tree, causing the trunk to turn and sickly black color. Slowly the black mist traveled into the roots and turned each of the tree's dull and black. Twilight suddenly felt the warmth disappear from the trunk and looks up in horror at the state of the tree. She then heard a low, deep chuckle, followed by a sharp piercing laugh.

She wiped her head around to find five tall black ponies with hauntingly white eyes and razor sharp teeth, but that its what bothered Twilight. No, what bothered her was that these creatures looked just like her friends.

They had the same familiar mane styles and cutie marks and if it wasn't for the eyes the teeth, they would've looked like an exact copy of her friends.

Twilight slowly backed away as thousands of thoughts spun in her head. What are these things? Why do they look my friends? She started forward and opened her mouth, hoping to scare these creatures off, but all that came out was a small shaky whisper. "Who...who are you?"

The dark ponies laughed at Twilight and begin to circle their prey. The pony that looked like Fluttershy spoke first "You don't remember us Twilight?" Next the Rarity copy spoke and the Applejack one finished her sentence "Has it been that long?...." "That you don't remember?....." "Your nearest...." ....and dearest friends."

Twilight backed away in fear and confusion, not knowing what was happening. Their was no way that these could be her friends, in the back recesses of her mind she knew that... "Your friends are what? Dead? Well of course they are. Your the last one aren't you Twilight? The lonely alicorn..."

She gasped again at the notion that these creatures could read the inner workings of her mind. They took another step closer and a dark winding smoking appeared and wrapped around her hoof. Struggling they moved in and hissed. "Now, give us those precious elements so we can take our place in this world. "

They leapt forward and Twilight knew that she had to do something. Using her magic, she severed the bond with the mist and raced forward with only one thing in mind, the elements. She quickly and carefully took them out of there home in the trees and turned to see that the creatures were close then before. She looked all around for an escape but found everything blocked off. Just then the creatures lept forward with their sharp teeth bared when she closed her eyes and transported away from the scene.
------------------------------------
Twilight Sparkle bursted opened the doors of the palace and ignored the stares of the various guards that past her. She turned the corner and saw Princess Celestia and Luna and raced forward. "Celestia, Luna! Equestria is under attack!"

The Princesses looked at her in concern and took in the way she looked and how she was cradling the elements of harmony in her hoofs like a bunch of newborn foals. Her apperance looked frantic and dirt covered her coat from head to hoof, almost like she had been running.

Celestia glanced at the noisy guards in the corner, listening to their every word and she sighed. "Follow me."

---------------------------------------------

After sitting down in the planning room, Twilight began to pace back and forth in worry and anxiety, letting every detail of what had occurred roll off her tongue. "I was visiting the tree's of harmony and then this black mist showed up. It seeped into the trees and turned them black. Then these shadows appeared and....they looked like my friends,but different. They had white eyes and sharp teeth. I grabbed the elements and escaped but now, I don't know what to do."

The two remaining ponies in the room look at each other and both wore a pale and sickly expression. Their eye contact remained in an unspoken conversation until Celestia sighed and turned to Twilight. "I think what we know what you've encountered."

Twilight ran forward and desperately pleaded for the answer. She had been alive for such a long time that finding something she didn't know scared her to no yet. "What is it?!"

Celestia sighed once more and led Twilight to her own seat around the circler table. Once they were all seated Luna began to speak. "It's the virus that once infected me long ago."

Twilight visibly gasped and leaned forward, listening to her every word. "It is called the Nightmare. It feeds on darkness and disappears and it is the very creature that caused me to blind my judgement and become my word fear."

Celestia looked away in shame as Twilight tried to put all of the pieces she had been given together. "You mean, the Nightmare is what turned you into Nightmare Moon?!"

Luna tilted her head in a sad nod. "The very same. And if you encountered it, that means its searching out a new host to feed of off."

Twilight's head was going in fifty different directions. What did all of this mean? "Does that mean that my friends are....?

Tia cut her out of her own terrible thoughts. "No. Of course not. The nightmare just took the place of your friends to confuse and anger you, which I can see it did a pretty good job."

Twilight shook her head and was slightly relieved that what she had thought wasn't the case. "Well, how do we stop it?"

The princesses exchanged another look before locking eyes. "You have to use the elements once more."

Twilight fell back in her chair and shook her head. If that was the only way to save Equestria then every pony was doomed. Their was noway she could do something like that. "But I can't wiled the elements. Not after they..." She refused to say the word that would make it true Died.

They nodded their heads in understanding, for they knew about the devastation Twilight had experienced. Luna was first to speak. "She is right my sister their has to be another way."

Twilight let her head fall onto the cold table in defeat. She really could do nothing. Maybe awhile ago she was able to solve any problem imaginable but now......she was useless.

Tia looked at her in sadness and tried to lend a reassuring smile. "Luna is right. There has to be another way to stop the Nightmare."

-----------------------------------

Author's Note:

Look I updated! I'm gonna try and catch up to the audio drama on youtube but I will never go farther then the story on youtube....that way...no spoilers ;)

Comments ( 9 )

I saw the Adio Drama and This is a very interesting story

Awww was hoping if I found the actual fanfic I could get ahead of the audio drama. :derpytongue2: *is a bad changeling like that, but eh I did it for Daughter of Discord and Princess Trixie Sparkle, so wanted to do it for one of my other favorite audio dramas. :rainbowlaugh:
Great work though! Just watched the new episode and sooooo goood!

Darn of I was hoping to spoil it for my sled XD

So is this going to continue to be updated?

I’ve watched all of the episodes in the remembrance series already and wanted to try this out.

7033982
When will the next episode be released? It had said summer of 2019, but that was months ago

Miss Ashley H., please continue with your story of Princess Twilight Sparkle in her trying to restore 'The Elements of Harmony' before the great and terrible menace ingulfs Equestria and the whole planet. Is there an Episode Nine of Remembrance? Or is that 'The End'?

Thank you for ready this and hopefully you will continue.

Sincerely Yours, Mr.Flamin'Kisses

I'm a huge fan of the remembrance series on your youtube channel. I hope that you continue this story based on it.

10074567

The final 2 episodes of Remembrance has been cancelled according to Ashley

Login or register to comment