• Published 25th Dec 2015
  • 1,289 Views, 6 Comments

Enter the Dragon - alfonso_rd_33



After the chaos brought with the restoration of Princess Luna something else will change Equestria forever...

  • ...
11
 6
 1,289

10 - Prancing With the Princesses


Canterlot Castle, Canter Mountain. Time of Impact + 2 hours... (roughly around 10:00 a.m.)


So, while we were checking out what happened on Ponyville, the ponies of Canterlot had been following the fall of the meteor as well... Of course not every pony did stop and watch, yet at the very moment the meteor entered the planet she was alerted to it by her guards... So, Princess Celestia Solaris, mover of the sun did what she did best... Held day court. Of course this meant she had to try to calm down her little ponies the best she could, so she had been reassuring her ponies that the falling object was not a threat to them... That is until she saw the familiar plume of smoke signaling the arrival of a Twilight Report...

"Now now every pony, let's calm down... I have just received a letter from my faithful student Twilight Sparkle, whom all of you know is living in Ponyville, and is the closest one to the thing that fell out of the sky... So I am calling this session of the day court suspended for an hour, and will be sure to let you know anything I can find out about the object from the sky... You are dismissed... "

Said the Alicorn as she looked how her subjects slowly retired from her throne room, signaling the end of the dreaded Day court, only moving herself when all of them left, her tall frame moving with unparalleled grace as her white coat shined in the sunlight. She was accompanied, as usual, by a couple members of her personal guard, flanking each side of their Princess, whose pastel rainbow colored mane and tail waved in the inexistent breeze as she read the parchment letter…

“Mmmm... Well, I will be visiting my sister today, and I would like to see her alone... So you can take a break, but I might be needing you later today, but for now, enjoy your free time Royal Soul, Gleaming Honor...”

Ordered the Princess. Stopping a moment to allow her guards to bow in acknowledgement of her instructions, admiring the beauty of the enchantments of her guards' armors before resuming her walking, moving confidently toward a wing of the castle few went to, a wing she herself dedicated to her returning sister, only stopping as she saw a couple of guards, decked in a different set of enchanted armor, this one, modeled to resemble more the night than the standard issue golden royal guard armor most linked to PRINCEEEEEESSS CELESTIIIIA…

"I am here to see my sister…”

Was all the Princess said to the guards flanking the door to the rooms now occupied by Princess Luna, Princess Celestia musing how fortunate was to find out that all the wing of the castle was mostly unoccupied, so when Luna was returned to her, Celestia had a beautiful place where Luna could recover from her ordeal in relative peace and calm... Of course, said musings were interrupted when the Princess was forced to stirr awake her younger sister, seeing as she was asleep when the solar Monarch entered her habitation…

“Oh sister what a wonderful day! It's always a pleasure to see you! But do tell us what brings you to visit us this late, rudely interrupting our sleep?”1

Yawned the midnight black Alicorn that Greeted Princess Celestia, Her starry blue mane tiredly waved as she looked at the Solar Alicorn... or at least tried through the haze of the half-awake state she was in...

“Yes lulu, I am aware it is quite late for you to be awake, yet there is a matter of great importance that we need to discuss, something that I am sure you noticed before you went to bed earlier... ”

“Ah yes… the object that fell from the sky… And do you want us to believe that you have finally found out what it was, sister…? What has your prodigious student has found that you feel it to be best to consult with a princess that has lost touch with the world…?”2

Asked the lunar Princess as she politely stifled a yawn, looking intently to her older sister, almost scanning her in search of some lie or deception as Princess Celestia resumed talking about what Twilight had found out about the object from the sky…

"Sadly, Twilight has been quite secretive about the creature, mostly at its behest so we don't really have any idea of what it actually is, but I am... Unsure... About the fact that it asked for you to be there for my meeting with it…”

"And about what are you unsure, sister…? Are you afraid this creature will corrupt me to form a threat equal or greater than the Nightmare itself…? Have you so little faith in us that you fear any external force will easily be able to use us…?”3

The midnight Alicorn said as her sister watched, her voice strained by the great guilt she still harbored on herself, a guilt almost as vast as the night skies the Lunar Princess calls her Dominion, something that was not lost on Princess Celestia, so she answered in her most gentle, caring and loving tone possible…

“No, no Luna, quite the contrary, I am just so overjoyed to finally have you back that I just don’t want to lose you… that is why I would advise against visiting this creature, yet I won’t force you to do anything, dear Lulu… so, shall we tell Twilight than we both will visit the visitor, Lulu…?”

To this, the Lunar Alicorn looked at her Sister, pondering carefully her options, According to Celestia, this being might be able to help her regain some of the power she lost when she was purified, on the other side there were several unknown negative consequences. So after a long pause to consider her options Princess Luna said...

“Very well sister… We shall go see this strange being that has fallen from the sky… but we won’t be visiting him now… We shall visit him once the sun sets, thus allowing us to go back to sleep … We feel not so restful and have no patience at this hour… we are sleepy…”4

Said this the solar Alicorn proceeded to tenderly hug her lunar counterpart using her wings, for a moment before letting go as she said...

“Very well sister, I will tell Twilight about our decision to her request... Have pleasant dreams, Lulu... "

Then the Princess moved out of her sister's room, letting Princess Luna to fall back on her bed, intent on going to sleep for the meeting that would happen on the future… Princess Celestia musing about how was she going to explain to her faithful student the answer both sisters had agreed together…

“Well, that seems to be settled... Now I only need to write an answer to Twilight... And then is back to my daily duties...”

Mused out loud the Princess as she walked towards her closest studio and started horn-writting the letter to Twilight, quickly finishing it up and sending it before returning to the throne room, where she said gently, but with authority…

“My little ponies, I have attended to my faithful student's letter and will attend to the object from the sky at the proper time, with this I declare that issue solved, and any pony whose request was about it can consider said request officially answered...”

And so was resolved the issue on Canterlot, while back in Sweet Apple Acres all four occupants of the barn were awaiting for the answer letter from Princess Celestia, yet of course Twilight Sparkle was the most stressed out of the four, this signaled by her constant pacing back and forth…

“Woah, Woah there sugar cube…! Let’s calm down… no need to be so worried….”

Thankfully, before AJ could further plead her case, a burping sound was heard, signaling the answer from the Princesses had arrived, anser that Twilight snatched before anyone else could react to it...

“Yes! Here's the letter from the Princess... Now let's see... Dear Twilight Sparkle... glad everything is under control... consulted with my sister... will travel to Ponyville once the sun sets... might take us half an hour... regards… Celestia… PS. I don’t know what a PipBuck is either…”

So after reading the letter Twilight gave the letter to the stallion that was an Alicorn, before addressing Applejack, the tension that was upon her before dissipated, as she addressed her honest friend...

“Well, it seems the Princesses won’t make it for the rest of the day… why don’t you go do whatever you need to do in the farm AJ…? With your permission Spike and I can keep our new friend company…”

To this question the Alicorn in the room just looked at the mares and dragon before him as he said in a concerned tone...

“But don’t they need whatever is in this barn…? And you three agreed to keep me as a secret until contact with your Princesses was established, yes….?”

Then, to surprise of everypony Applejack just answered good naturedly……

“Nope it’s all right… Ah’ll just tell Granny an’ the rest of the family Twilight here asked me to loan the barn for a day, it’s not a lie because she’ll ask fer that in a moment, an Ah’ll just tell ‘em not to come to the barn… but y’all gonna help me take whatever we might need in the farm out, right…?”

"Why of course Applejack...! We will only stay here until the Princesses meet with him..."

Answered Twilight as Poncho nodded, noticing that Applejack left the barn, most probably to tell her family of the current situation with it...


Thirty minutes after sundown...

As the night plowed through the land, back in the barnyard Applejack had just finished having dinner and moved back to the barn, bringing with her three servings of the world famous Apple family dinner...

"God this was so good...! I mean, I don't really eat fruits and vegetables, but this is one of the best meals I have ever eaten...! And I am including even both my grandmas' cooking..."

Said Poncho as he whistled loudly, clearly blocking a burp... Of course, the block only worked on his burp, as Spike received a message from the Princesses, which he started reading...

“Dear Twilight Sparkle

Luna and I are ready to visit this visitor from the beyond... and we will be teleporting shortly...

Princess Celestia..."

And, as soon as Spike finished reading the note, the familiar sight of a teleport spell appeared inthe farthest side of the barn, revealing the familiar sight of Princess Celestia and the not so common form of Princess Luna, which had the effect of having the mares and dragon to bow before their royals...

Author's Note:

OK... Author Notes Timez!

First of all, Title drop Reference... in this case it's be "Dancing with the Stars" or, in Nemesis' case Dancing with S.T.A.R.S.

Now, I've received so much negative feedback with my stylistic choice of use "Shaekspearean" for Luna Speech that I was considering using footnotes (or author notes in this case) to put the original modern Engllish / Equestrian for ease of reading... but have settled to use them to put the actual "Old Equish" / Shaeksperean in the Autor notes as a fun extra tidbit... so...


Chapter's Luna Speech


1 "Oh sist'r what a wond'rful hoyday! T is at each moment a pleasure to seeth thee! But doth bid what endues thee to visiteth us this late, rudely int'rrupting our catch but a wink . . . ?"

2 "Ah aye the objecteth yond hath fallen from the sky... and thee wanteth me to believeth yond thee finally hath found out what t actually wast, sist'r...? What hast thy prodigious inhorn mare hast hath found out of yond objecteth yond needeth to beest did consult with a princess yond hast hath lost toucheth with the w'rld...?"

3 "And wherefore art thee unsure, sist'r...? Art thee afraid yond 'twill c'rrupt me to f'rm an coequal bigg'r threat than the nightmare itself...? Has't thee so dram faith in me yond thee feareth yond any ext'rnal f'rces art able to receiveth to useth me...?"

4 "V'ry well sist'r... we shall wend seeth this strange being yond hath fallen from the sky... but we wonneth't beest visiting that gent even but now... we shall visiteth that gent once the travelling lamp sets, anon alloweth me wend backeth to catch but a wink sist'r... we feeleth so not restful and has't nay patience at which hour we are sleepy.."