• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 281 Views, 1 Comments

I, Knight Mare: under the Moon - Ponyess



My name is Knight Mare. I am a glistering black Pegasus mare, draped in a rubber suit. My time is at night, under the moon. I play your deepest and sometimes darkest dreams. Yet, do not fear.

  • ...
 1
 281

Sisters Unite: 4 (4)

Author's Note:

High Gloss' POV

I had lived in the shelter of my mother’s cottage, with the lovely soft green grasses to prance and gallop on. It had been such a sweet time, yet the sweet time had to end. I grew up and she had to take up the burden of being a mare, on top of motherhood.

I had known she was loving every instant of it, maybe this is merely in the bond of Mother and Daughter? I have no idea, I am but the filly, growing up by the side of her loving mother.


My bright mane had always been hiding the little horn in my forehead, and with that it had been as if it never had been there.

Of course my hooves had always been a shade glossier than common standard and expectation. Had my coat not been just as shimmering, I guess it had been more noticeable. Only the more noticeable details are my tiny nibbles and orchid; if not for a coat of fur and a tightness.

Yet; my name is derived from my affinity for brighten up, and make shiny. The raindrops glittering and shimmering in my fur as I got in from the rain; my bright eyes and how I had always brought a smile on the lips of my mother, who obviously loves me dearly. Not that I was the one to blame her for that, now, was I?


Only today; I found a new filly living in the cottage right behind ours, on the street next to the one we live on. I may have seen her before, but I had been looking away and not cared for the world at the time. Such is the mind of a young filly, before she realized that there actually is a world out there. It is a part of growing up and maturing.

Apparently, she has this bright pink hue to her. Yet; her eyes are emerald green with a hint of the Dragons eyes, only tilted to the side.

What brought my attention to her, is the most curious of squeaking little noises. She apparently makes them as her hooves hit the ground; particularly on harder surfaces. Maybe that is why I failed to notice it until now?


Once I finally did get close to the filly, I noticed her shiny hooves. These are the reasons for the little noises I had heard before, even if I had reflected on them first now. I had never been looking as far as to the next garden over for anything. I may have paid attention to every little noise; but unless it presented a threat, I dropped it as just a curious noise. Why bother?

Looking closer, she has a strange and curious little prance to her step as she moves around in her garden.

Only now; she had apparently trotted over to the edge of their garden and just stood by border, looking at me; as if she was looking for something.

“Hiya, I am filly Easy Prance!” she presented herself.

“Hiya, Easy. I am filly High Gloss!” I responded.

“I love the gloss to your coat, Glossy!” she continued.

“Thanks, Easy; I do enjoy the little noises in your bouncy gait too!” I admitted freely.

“Thanks, Glossy; though I couldn’t change it, if I had tried!” she responded, placing a hoof on my muzzle for but a short moment; only to see the effect spreading out over my very own coat.

“Uh, how did you do that?” I inquired as I noticed the glossy effect spreading out over my coat as she touched me.

“I don’t know, I guess it is kind of like when a Pegasus is trotting around on her cloud. On that note; the fact that you admitted to admire the glow of my coat, It clicked and just felt like the right thing to do for you!” she committed readily.

“It is adorable enough, I just hope mom doesn’t make a mess out of it when I get back inside!” I prompted, with a weary look towards my home and knowing she was going to be waiting for me, from in there.

“A glossy coat is known to represent a good health, at least it is what I had been told. We always fear how our parents will react, before they tell us what they think; depending on whether it was good or bad. This is my talent, and I love sharing it with you as a friend!” she put forth.

“Oh yeah, I have heard that too. Parents are supposed to be mysterious, you never know in which direction they will move their hooves until you feel the weight on your tail. Oh well, I like how it looks, so I guess I can as well take the impending punishment in the stride, if it is forthcoming?” I pondered thoughtfully.

“If you enjoy the cookie, it is more worth the bit you paid Pinkie Pie for it, than if it is just a sour and sticky mess you picked up!” she pointed out.

“I love paying a bit for a cookie, if I am at the Sugar-Cube Corner, when she is at the counter; just to see her smiling at me!” I declared.


“You feel like a sister to me!” she pointed out.

“The more you are with me, the more I feel the same!” I responded.

“It isn’t just in your enjoyment of my shiny coat and your joy in sharing it; even if it helps. I guess the bounce in your step and the delightful, little noises that comes with it is helping; but it is you who make me feel the strength of our sisterhood!” she declared proudly.

“It isn’t as if I could leave these aspects of myself behind, more than I can react differently on your shiny coat!” I pointed out, tentatively placing my right forehoof on her shoulder.

“I have always wished for a sister, I just never knew it. I was just prancing around in my own garden content with what I had, until now; that it!” she responded.

“I love picking the cookie, and I don’t care if she will be mad at me for it!” I pointed out as I noticed the effect touching her with my hoof had on me.

The hoof slowly grew shiny, as if it had turned into rubber, and then been polished with the glossiest, glistering lacquer and polish there ever were.

“That never happened to any Pony before. I guess you truly are my sister now!” she pointed out, giggling delightfully.

“No?” I responded, excitedly bouncing up and down, only to find my formerly little squeaks louder and noisier than they had ever been.

“Since you are not freaking out, I can only take it as if you like what you see!” she pondered as she saw me all bouncy and giddy.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment