• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 281 Views, 1 Comments

I, Knight Mare: under the Moon - Ponyess



My name is Knight Mare. I am a glistering black Pegasus mare, draped in a rubber suit. My time is at night, under the moon. I play your deepest and sometimes darkest dreams. Yet, do not fear.

  • ...
 1
 281

A Prelude to Knight Mare: 1

Author's Note:

Knight Mare's POV

I had draped myself in the glistering black rubber, signifying the night. The name is Knight Mare. I do not enter the dreams of sleeping ponies, but visit the dreams of the day, yet at night.



After arisen from the sleep, I have a steady breakfast, naturally. Every Pony should. Mine is a salad of my own making, it has no commonly known name. Why bother? It nourishes me.

Once the vegetables had been consumed, I pull out my suit of night and black rubber, slipping into it, like any Pony would her dress in the morning. Only I do dress at night, as the moon is replacing the sun. You see Luna rising, and Celestia heading off to sleep.

I guess you could call me a twilight Pony. I do not mind, it is just my place, my task. I bother not with anger or vengeance. Such is not my task or place.


With the black rubber covering my entire form, from muzzle to hind hooves, I pick up the one final detail; the horn. Once I place it onto my head, I have the looks, the semblance of a stately Alicorn. It may be looking like a rouse, but I do have the power of both Pegasi flight, and the arcane magic of the Unicorn.

My mark is that of a crescent moon, glistering, glittering in the light of the sun of the day. The difference is the highlight in dark black rubber. It also has the light electric blue halo about it, encircling it all the way, as if it was just about to eclipse a sun.



Taking a quick flight to the next Pony, the mare haunted by the lack of sleep. One who is dreaming, yet fully awake. It is no true contradiction to me, even if one may have wished it had been. Insomnia is no laughing matter, after all.

Magic permitting me to trot through the door as if it had never been there; giving the impression of a nightly dream, as opposed to the reality of the world of real Ponies. Quietly slipping into the room where the mare sit in her kitchen, worrying. It may not be the dream troubling her, but something clearly is on her mind.

“Greetings, Mi’lady. I carry word of the night!” I interrupt her troubled thoughts.

She threatened turns her head in search for a voice that could not have been there, only to find my glistering black form, standing before her.

“Uh, who, who are.. ?” she then inquired in confusion.

“I am the Knight Mare. The messenger of your night and dream!” I responded.

I beam a reassuring smile towards her. Just standing still, waiting for her next reaction.

“The Knight Mare? You have a message for me?” she responded, not quite sure how to pronounce the name, or how to react on my presence.

“Yes, the Knight Mare. Your dream has a message for you, and I am here to deliver, Mi’lady!” I prompted quietly.

“And the message could only be delivered at night, while I am fully awake? I am listening!” she responded, now standing before me at full attention.


I had posed a large full-size mirror before her in order for her to see. Standing on her right side, she can see my black form, just two feet to the side.

“The message reads as follows!” I stated, looking at her in order to ascertain that I truly had her undivided attention.

“Yes?” she intoned in order to let on that she was listening, still looking forwards, seeing the two of us in the large mirror.

My horn lit up, highlighting the deep right winded spiral. A fluorescent glow emanating from my horn, letting on that I was casting a spell.

First things first, and the floor under our hooves turned a deep, glistering black, matching my form. Just as the change finished, my horn flickered, before the change continued, making my hooves fuse to the floor as she was clearly looking.

“I know you are an Alicorn, but how are you doing that? It is my dream, alright. But still!” she pondered.

I tentatively lift my right for hoof in order to make the point, showing it stretching just enough to make the effect obvious. She could see me in the mirror, but also in her peripheral vision. The message went through quite clearly.


“Yes, it is magic!” I spoke.

“You know my dream?” she inquired.

“Yes, but of course!” I responded.

“Then you do not mind, you approve of my dream?” she pushed on.

“It is just a dream, dreams are not to be rejected or cause to scorn of either the Dream, or the Dreamer. Yes, I fully approve of it!” I explained.

“Then, you are here to let me live out that dream?” she inquired in hope to exile the last of the fear, uncertainty and worries.

“That is my purpose, it is who I am. I am the Knight of Dreams, the Mare realizing what you dare not put into motion in your wakened state of mind!” I pointed out.

“I am blessed to know my dream in the flesh!” she exclaimed in hushed tones, in fear of others overhearing her.


“It is in the Twilight, dream and reality becomes one. Here you can live out any and all your dreams, as if it was only too natural to do, what you are fantasizing!” I pointed out, producing a small red rubber tube, levitating it with the grasp of my magic.

I may be the mare with her hooves fused to the floor, but I am also the one in control of the entire scene. I could as easily switch the places, thus fusing her hooves to the floor and release my very own. I have no fear, and nothing to fear.

“Is that! Is that the tube I had been searching for, but never dared finding, claiming? The one I never used?” she inquired.

“You do wish to be free not to consider how much you scream as you come and climax. This is the release of these fears!” I prompted.

“Oh!” she merely exclaimed.

“Since I can’t make you come from magical stimulation alone, I have prepared the next step. A tube that gives you the chance to feel what you are longing for!” I explained.

This was the final stop, after which there is no return. I waited for her to clame what I knew she wanted, what she had been wishing and dreaming of for so many a year.

--- --- ---