• Published 13th Aug 2015
  • 1,371 Views, 7 Comments

You've Caught His Eye - Just A Random Pegasus



Much to your dissapointment, you have caught the eye of Prince Blueblood.

  • ...
4
 7
 1,371

Oh No

The evening air is gently flowing through your mane as you walk into the social gathering in the Canterlot Gardens. The smell of flowers enter your nostrils, and you smile at the nice scent. As you walk in, you see a group of ponies talking to each other. The main subject of conversation is about the stock market, and how much money each pony has received. Even though you are considered a social elite in Canterlot, talking about money is one of your least favorite things in Equestria.

You still aren't used to arriving to these events. You recently started going to the gatherings, and are still not used to holding your head up high. You remember what your parents always tell you: Walk gracefully, and make sure to give nice looks to everypony you see. That wasn't very hard to do, and it was something that others have said you are really good at.

You walk over to a small table where fancy drinks are served. You take a cup and make sure to politely sip. You look to find an orchestra playing classical music that is very nice to listen to.

A mare and stallion walk up to you. You recognize them immediately: Upper Crust and Jet Set. You have spoken to them quite a bit since you started attending events.

"What a nice evening we're having, isn't it?" Upper Crust asked as you put on a small smile.

"Very nice." You respond before you see Upper Crust's glance drifting to the side.

"Pardon me, but it looks like Prince Blueblood would like to have a word with you," Upper Crust informed as you turn around. You know you've heard about him before, but what you heard was not pleasant. He was labeled arrogant, selfish, and rude.

You can see that he is not dropping your glance. He then started to raise his eyebrows, hoping it would draw you in. You look away; for you do not want to be associated with him. When you turn, you find Upper Crust and Jet Set gone. They must have thought that you would actually talk to the prince.

You turn again to find Blueblood walking up to you, keeping a nice posture, but not losing your glance.

"Hello, I am Prince Blueblood," he greets, putting on a smile that seemed a little too friendly.

You give him your name.

"It's very nice to meet you. Say, would you like to accompany me tonight while walking around the gardens?"

You flinch as you hear that request. Spend a whole gathering? With Prince Blueblood? It is really something you don't want to do. But how do you say no? You don't exactly want him spreading bad things about you to others in Canterlot; it would ruin your reputation! You nodded your head, hating what you're about to do.

"Great! Say, would you like to go over to the drink table?" He asks, fluttering his eyes to give a romantic effect.

"Sure..." You respond, still a little uneasy. As you walk side by side, you feel his hoof brush yours. Instinctively, you shift a few more steps away from him.

When you finally reach the drink table, you find others stir up conversation with him. You want to silently slip away. The urge is too strong to resist, so you walk over to where another group of ponies are talking.

You casually enter the conversation, and act like you were there the whole time. Nopony questions you; for that's what almost everypony in social gatherings do.

To your disappointment, the whole conversation was about riches. You talk anyway; for you feel like it is a lot more enjoyable than spending a night with Blueblood.

Your conversation was cut as Blueblood entered the group. His eyes softened when he met your glance.

"Excuse me, but I will have to take you from the conversation. We still have the whole night together," Prince Blueblood tells you as everypony else in the group gets a suspicious look on their face. He holds out his hoof and, not wanting to look rude to the other ponies watching, you take it. As you walk away, you hear murmurs behind you.

You want to let go of his hoof. Walking with only three legs in very uncomfortable, especially when one is being held by a stallion who's presence you don't particularly enjoy. You sadly suck it up and walk to another group of ponies.

Much to your relief, Blueblood lets go of your hoof and starts talking to other ponies. You suddenly feel like washing your hooves for five hours straight. You catch sight of ponies playing croquet, and decide to walk over there.

You took a club in your mouth and hit the little ball. Everypony watched silently as it went under the few arches. They all applauded as it stopped rolling.

"I believe it is my turn." Prince Blueblood announced, rudely cutting others in line. He hit the ball and got applause.

After you finished your game, you decided to get another drink. Of course, Blueblood followed you.

"Say, have I ever told you how much I enjoy looking into your eyes?" He cooed, stepping into your personal space.

"T-thanks, I guess..." you respond, a little uneasy.

"In fact, I enjoy every part of you. How about being my special somepony? I can give you a tour around the Canterlot castle for our first date."

You cringe at the thought. Many words fly through your mind. Finally, you come up with a response.

"NO!" You shout, not noticing you just rejected the prince at the top of your lungs. You know that you should have thought more before you burst.

Everypony looked at you, confused about what was happening. You felt heat rise to your face.

"What? Why not?" Blueblood asked as he had a look of anger on his face.

You look down to the ground. "I'm sorry... it's just that... you're not the one for me."

Blueblood nodded his head. "I understand."

In disappointment, the prince walked out of the party. Everypony stood in silence for a moment. You then hear murmurs behind your back.

You take a well-deserved drink as the orchestra started playing a new song.

Well, things didn't turn out completely horrible. You expected him to take it a lot worse.

"Excuse me? Are you the one who rejected my nephew?" A regal voice questioned. A shiver runs down your spine and your face starts to heat up again. You look up to find a majestic, white alicorn towering over you, her look stern.

Well, never mind the thought of him taking it easy. He told Princess Celestia all about you.

Yeah, maybe you should stay away from social events from now on...

Author's Note:

A short story I felt like writing. I hope you like it! :derpytongue2:

Comments ( 6 )

While I don't usually enjoy second person narratives, this one is actually funny. Plus the way it's written, where the main character could be easily either be a mare or a stallion, and the way His Highness is constantly pursuing while keeping the personality we love to hate is pulled off quite well.

Comment posted by Elemental Fury deleted Aug 13th, 2015

Poor guy didn't realize he came on a little to strong with his flirting it seems. I like that you kept him in character but didn't go over the top and exaggerated with it. Celestia probably just didn't like that she/he rejected her nephew so loudly in a way one might picture on purpose to embarrass him. That clearly wasn't the main character's goal but still he probably didn't want more ponies starring at him after the brief scene.

The comedy really pushes it in this story!:rainbowlaugh:

Lol, this is great! I love it!

This was so cool!

Login or register to comment