• Published 6th Aug 2015
  • 2,244 Views, 169 Comments

A Punk's Love: The Story of Straight Edge - AC Punk



A new kid has arrived at canterlot high, and he has the hots for a certain country girl.

  • ...
16
 169
 2,244

Chapter 14

An Introduction to Violence, Part 1

About two weeks have passed since Straight had his match with Nathan, and it has clearly had a positive effect on Straight. The following morning after the match, he gathered up his friends and told them the whole story, with Knock Out and Jess's help of course. Afterwards, things went back to normal, or as normal as it can get around Canterlot High, for the group of friends. That is, until the following week.

On Monday morning, the students of Canterlot high return to school after the weekend, knowing they are in the home stretch of school coming to a close. As the morning begins, Straight and his friends begin to arrive.

"Hey guys," Soul says as he walks up to his friends, "How was your weekend?"

Before anyone could answer, the familiar sound of a V8 roars into the parking lot as Straight arrives. Smiling, his friends hope to see him in a much brighter mood.

"Morning Straight, feeling any better?" asks Soul. to the shock of everyone, Straight pays no attention and bumps his shoulder into him before continuing to walk into the school.

"What just happened?" asks Clyde.

"Maybe he's still mad at us?" suggests Fluttershy.

"Or it could just be Monday?" states Warhawk. Before anyone could make more suggestions, the bell rang for first period sending the group into a frenzy to try not to be late.

As the day went on, Straight continued to distance himself, sitting with Jess and knockout throughout the day. At lunch, his friends begin to grow suspicious. At the girls table, they ponder on what the group of old friends are doing.

"What do you suppose they're talking about?" asks Sunset. a few tables over, Straight, Knock Out, and Jess are looking over several papers and laughing in between their conversation.

"Maybe they're talking about last weekend?" Suggests Pinkie, "They sure did have a good time."

"Nah, they're clearly plotting something. maybe its a senior prank." Rainbow says.

"They dont seem like the kind of students to do that. And i highly doubt anyone will join you in rolling the principals house." applejack replies.

"Man, you guys are no fun."

Across from them, at the boys table, soul and the others are discussing the same thing.

"So, what do you think we should do to figure out what they're doing?" asks Soul.

"Why don't we go over and ask them?" suggests Swift.

"No way, we need to decipher this on our own, or else we may never-" Zero begins before he is cut off by warhawk.

"That clearly isn't stopping Treble." he says while pointing in the direction of Straight and the others.

Treble is standing behind straight clearly asking for something, and straight turns to him with a look of distrust.

"Great, no we'll never-" Zero is cut off again.

"They gave him a piece of paper." warhawk states.

Treble take the sheet of paper from straight and shakes his hand before pointing at Straights eyes and saying something with a smile. He then turns and walks towards the boys table.

"Hey guys, you'll never guess what Straight is joining." he says upon sitting down. the group just eyes at him in shock, unable to respond after seeing him come back with something in his hand.

"What, did Gaige put something in my hair again?" he asks, feeling for something that isn't in his head.

"What are they talking about?" asks Clyde.

"Apparently, Straight and his friends are reforming their old wrestling team to take part in a no holds barred tournament next week. they're just going over the details. He said that anyone can join, as long as they pay the application fee, and it must be a team of three." Upon hearing this, the group turns to each other and sighs feeling a weight come off of their shoulders. Until Zero opens his mouth.

"How much is the fee?" he asks.

"Like Twenty bucks per single individual so sixty per team. why?" treble replies.

"Cause i'm gonna enter that tournament." everyone looks at him in bewilderment.

"Uh, Zero, no offense," begins clyde, "But Straight has been doing this since he was probably able to walk. I dont think you could handle him."

"Oh, please, everyone knows pro wrestling is fake, so as long as i act better than him, i'll-" he is silenced as a bowl full of pudding collides with his face.

"Where did that come from!?!" asks Swift in shock. The looks at straight's table to see him smirking, jess laughing he head off, and Knockout with a satisfied look on his face.

"I think they heard you zero." soul says.

Later that day, the group informs the girls on the reason for straights actions and are relieved to know he's not mad at them still, but as for Rainbow.

"So its sixty dollars per team, count me in." she says.

"Uh, no offense dash, but you may be bitin' off more than you can chew with this one." applejack says.

"I concur," rarity adds, "I for one am not about to subject my friend to something so barbaric and-" rarity says before being cut off.

"You would be able to make the clothes we would wear." Rainbow says with a smirk. Rarity's eyes widen before she shoots rainbow an unamused look.

"why must you always say the right things at the most inopportune times?"

"Because it puts the odds in my favor. Now lets form up the team that will win this thing. Who's with me?" Rainbow looks around at everyone , but is only met with a response of cricket chirps.

"Fine, I shall accompany you in this escapade. But i must ask, what is a wrestliers wardrobe made out of?" Rarity asks.

"Spandex-" a voice says from behind her. The group all turns in shock from the suprise to find Straight standing behind rarity.

"Wha-what?" she asks, still a bit shaken from his sudden appearence.

"Spandex for the clothing, leather or some type of athletic material for the accessories. Why do you ask?"

"Because were entering the wrestling tournament that your joining next week." Rainbow says with a confident smirk.

Before anyone could fire off a dirty look at rainbow, straight does something he hasnt done in a long time.

"PPFFFTTT, HAHAHAHAH!!!" he laughs, "Oh, oh my god, you're really gonna- PFFT, HAHAHAH!!!"

"Whats so funny?" asks Sunset. Straight calms down before replying.

"I mean, no offense, but you guys wouldn't even make it past the first round." he says, being as brutally honest and blunt as he could possibly be.

"Excuse men," rainbow replies, clearly offended," what's gives you the impression that we would lose in the first round?" she asks.

"Because out of all of you, for this specific tournament, i could on,y see... Clyde, Warhawk, Applejack, and maybe Zero getting past the first round. Possibly Treble if he can find some good teammates."

"So just because we know nothing about this sort of thing, you think we wont be able to win it!?!" Rainbow states in an aggressive tone.

"Don't get me wrong; your athletic, yes, but Knock Out, Jess, and I actually know what were getting ourselves into, If you want to get your head cut open with a fluorescent light tube, go knock yourself out," he turns to walkaway, "Its your funeral."

As he walks away, The group all turns to rainbow who is clearly beyond pissed.

"That no good, little... JERK!" she says.

"Well, he isn't wrong Dash," Soul says, "Straight is probably the most qualified out of all of us to actually win. I mean, i've talked with his folks. From what i've heard, he's been put through tables, hit with 2x4s wrapped in barbed wire, slammed onto thumbtacks, and set on fire. All in random order."

"I dont care about his resume, all i know is that i finally get to pay him back fir that kick to the head he gave me at the beginning of school." she then turns to walk away.

"Oh boy," Sunset sighs, "And here I was thinking that we would be able to finish the year without anything else going wrong."

"Knowing our luck," Soul states, "it would be weird if something didn't go wrong."

Author's Note:

Before Anything is said, Yes, i do realize how long its been. But i needed to get away from it all and think. I had a lot going on in real life, High school graduation and College enrollment being prime examples. But this is a little explanation for why i got rid of the previous chapter 14, i didn't like the arc or the way it made straight look. This new one will show just how David, when portraying his true wrestling persona, acts and functions towards others. Sorry for the wait, and welcome to the Underground tournament, where friendships go to die, and others come for blood, sweat, and unrelated chants of "ECW! ECW! ECW!".

Comments ( 7 )

KO awesome chapter, will Rainbow Dash prove Straight wrong and show him what she's made of or get full body slam and lariat to her doom? Can't wait to see what happens next! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2:

....I swear Treble's either gonna assemble The New Day or he'll just go Bobby Roode. By any chance theres gonna be a sister dressed up as Asuka?

Also good to have you back Brother David! I KNEW YOU'D COME.

7612970 THIS IS MY JAM!!!

HOME STATE PRIDE!!!! (Not a Bama Fan. War Eagle!!!)

It Lives! Great to have you back AC Punk!
Lone: Are Crystal Prep students allowed to join as well? Because I got some volunteers..... :pinkiecrazy:

7615067 Where do you think Nathan is Gonna get his teammates from?

This stories back it's great to see you back Ac!
Light:I'll have no participation in this but could i at least observe?
Rapid: Yeah same as Light.

7621892 Glad to be back.

Login or register to comment