• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 1,775 Views, 45 Comments

You Only Live Twice - makey101



What would you do if you had all of your worldly possessions in Equestria?

  • ...
6
 45
 1,775

Final Comments from the Author

It is with a heavy heart that I am cancelling this story. As I write, I realize that there is nothing to move the story forward. There is so much that I want to do to this story that simply cannot be done given what has been written. I have taken a lot of time to read many other HiE fics and have come to the discovery that, while actively trying to avoid "Gary Stu", that was exactly where this story was headed. I have re read the story over and over again and have concluded that it plays directly into "OC meets deity, moves in with Twilight, everybody wins, ???, profit."

There is a ray of sunshine in this cloudy day: I am replacing this story with another one that I am entitling "Equinetropy". I plan on it being a much darker (as in not sunshine and rainbows coming out the ears) and interesting writing style. I am planning on it being not from the point of view of the main character, but from several other characters who come in contact with the main guy. My inspiration is To Befriend the Night. I want to make this an unreliable narrator. It has always been a fascination of mine.

Therefore, I wish all of my readers the best in getting their HiE fix until I can get my next story up. Thank you for reading!


P.S. The results of the pendulum is as follows: one side of Equestria is denser than the other. The princesses rotate the planet, not move the stars. This is due to some mumbo-jumbo about it being harder to do things over distance squared. So both Ed and Twi were wrong.

P.P.S. I thought I was clever so thats why I wanted to post the results.

Comments ( 2 )

the only thing i can say is thank you!

Thank you for realising what path this story was headed and decided to stop it in its tracks.

I cant wait to read the new story.

I rarely have faith in an authers ability but this realisation is one hallmark of a good auther(great would be not falling in the trap from the beginning but oh well)

1222907 Only if you can manage to get enough of them or the right combonation out on the table in a timely maner...

Login or register to comment