• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 2,578 Views, 62 Comments

Project Harmony One. - Megaskullmon



It's been 2000 year's since Equestria has found a station adrift in the middle of their space. They rebuild it and take up house. To keep their world from falling apart,They must work on peace with other species. While exploring the cosmos.

  • ...
13
 62
 2,578

PreviousChapters Next
Intermission chapter two: Changeling dance and the song

There are times when ponies don’t even understand Changelings. The changelings have been part of the alliance for 2000 or so years. Ponies still fear them from time to time. But some ponies have mixed their DNA with them at times of mating. It’s a rare doing but it happens like with the dragons and zebras. The changelings that mate with a pony stallion or mare. They’re protected by the queens. Because not every changeling agrees with the terms of spreading the DNA to other races. But we need to learn to allow it.

Written by Glow Heart Changeling, queen of new Celestia.

Glow Heart sits in the new ponyville shuttle station waiting for her royal ship to dock. Since she is royal of this world. She is heavily protected by the alliance. Sitting beside her is Rainbow Cloud. They have known each other for years.

“I know it’s time for the dance of the changelings. But are you sure it’s wise? We know full well there are others out there trying to find this world. It’s not that I don’t trust you, Glow Heart. It’s that I don’t trust changelings that could be corrupted.”

Glow Heart gently laughs, placing a hoof on her friend’s shoulder.

“You worry too much Rainbow. You and I both know that it would take a lot to corrupt my kind. Like it took them becoming part of the alliance. That is why we are doing this dance to meet and learn how we use our defenses to end this war. This war between Harmony and Disharmony needs to end. If that means we need to attack the worlds they hold. As well as the space bases to force them both to confront us in a place of our choice then we must.”

Rainbow signs that she knows Glow heart is correct. She was told the way to end this war is to do it. What Sheridan did in the other universe. Force a confrontation on their terms and when it’s the time. She knows that time will be soon. But first, they need to gather their forces. It’s been happening slowly. Ships keep showing up in orbit repairing and rearming.

“Yes, I may not like this idea. But soon we will have them. I know full well when we do. We will need at least two or three other elements. With Savannah on the zebra world guardian, we are missing one.”

Glow heart chuckles.

“Oh, Rainbow it may take only one to do so. If the story you told me of the Sheridan is true.. Then all it will take is bringing the others into the time and place.”

Rainbow shifts in the chair. It has to be soon and she knows this. The universe can’t take this war any longer. With Equestria going silent after Celestia’s spirit was sent back there. It worries her a bit too much.

“Rainbow, you're doing it again.”

Rainbow tilts her head.

“What am I doing?”

Glow heart laughs loudly.

“You’re overthinking again. When your forehead creases like that and your muzzle twitches you’re overthinking and worrying yourself to heavy stress. Rainbow you’re a mother and a commander of an entire fleet. You need to relax before I call Jiggy and tell him to force you on a vacation.”

Rainbow leans back, sighing she strokes her head with her hooves.

“I am sorry, Heart. Just it’s so much you know I only have 20 years to live. I want to make sure those 20 years are not only peaceful for me. I just want to make”

Glow heart silences Rainbow with her hoof shapeshifting to a cloth to stop her from talking. Rainbow stares at her friend.

“Enough of business talk tell me how the little ones?”

Rainbow sighs calming down Glow removing her hoof from Rainbow’s mouth so she can talk.

“Everything is going great. I may not fully trust Starlight after everything I learned about her. At least she cares for children. She told me she will have to suffer for what she did for 2000 years and all she hurt are dead now. She will suffer that for so much longer. Till she feels she can fully redeem herself.”

Glow heart’s eyes turn glassy. She has a vision of a future that could happen. Rainbow watches as she does this. Some changeling queens have this ability. But it’s rare for them to be born with it.

Starlight and Sunset work to free Savannah from the world while they start a riot on all zebra worlds. During this time the battle has started to force Disharmony and Harmony to finally come to battle. A door opens up from behind the two mares.

“Sunset lookout!!”

A zebra aims a gun and fires and the vision ends.

Glow heart smiles even though she just had that vision. She never tells others about her visions; they're rare and only happen with keywords. Sometimes even names and she never tells anyone because they normally never happened.

“You had one again didn’t you?’

Glow sighs nodding.

“Yes I did and I doubt this one is even real either. Don’t worry Rainbow I believe.”

Before she could finish one of her changing guards wearing heavy armor with a bunch of gizmos and guns all over the armor. Even on the helm Rainbow found it so strange that the changelings made armor like this.

“My Queen, your royal ship is fueled up and the shapeshifting magic core is working. I think it is wise to shift yourself into a corrupt Equestrian ship. We have a few id numbers and we can get us to changeling space quickly by going to Equestrian owned space.”

Glow heart stands on her hooves. Looking back to her friend she considers her family. She became a family friend after they made it to this planet. She keeps an eye on Rainbow for Jigsaw but this time she can’t.

“Remember what we talked about Rainbow. No overstressing one of my egg-maids is going to keep an eye on you. If she sees you stressing she will call Jiggy. I promise you if I hear that you got over-stressed. I will give you one of my lectures.”

Rainbow sighs standing on her hooves hugging her sister tightly. The two mares hold each other in a tight hug. During the hug, they just hug. They’re both worried they won’t see each other ever again. Rainbow is worried that her friend will get captured. Glow is worried that another group of changelings may end her life.

“Your majesty, the dance only happens every ten years. So you don’t want to be late for this one. So please let go of your sister and we need to go.”

Glow stares at her guard. She knows they’re right and she moves from her friend. She bows her head to Rainbow. She doesn’t say a word and walks into the docking station that is holding her royal ship. Changelings ships have very weird designs; they're heavily organic with some tech-infused into them. But like a changeling hive, they shift now and then. She watches while a gun turret shifts into the skin and then shifts out onto another part of the ship. The door opens up and she heads inside. The inside is like a normal ship. She sits on her throne to let the others drive.

“Do we expect clear travel along the way?”

The pilot is connected to the entire ship itself. When a changeling does this they become the ship itself. The changeling mare turns to her queen. Each tube connected to her sends blood, food, and even the martial to her and into the ship.

“I am unsure about it, my queen. When we get my scanners in range of that part of space I can check for you. But I don’t want to over-stress you.”

Glow nods she wasn’t a fan of what they did to their kind to make these ships. But they’re willing to accept it willingly. She shifts in the chair and the seat shifts to seal her in just in case. She closes her eyes and a mask covers her face. So she can rest easier flying through space.

The pilot turns back to her queen using her mind to place in the flight path to the changeling hive worlds. She then puts in the code to one of the stolen Equestrian ship codes. Then turns back to the viewscreen. When the hyperspace hole opens up the ship flys inside.

While the pilot flies through the hyperspace she connects to other changeling ships that are close by and coming up on the screen is a pink changeling mare who is the pilot of giant troop transport.

“Oh hey, Bubble, what are you doing out here?”

The pink changeling shrugs her shoulders.

“My commander was on a scout mission for new Celestia. We are on our way back. Everything is strangely calm on each front. I haven’t seen any Disharmony or Harmony. I have heard stories of them digging in to repair their forces but that is about it.”

The pilot sighs

“Well, Bubble, we are on our way to the dance. I heard stories that they’re trying to find a way to our new world. Do you think we can trust any of our kind?”

Bubble shrugs her shoulders.

“I am sure Eme. I am worried about this myself. But we made sure that no one infiltrated the troop transport. We will be docking with Harmony two and then if they find nothing. We will land on Celestia one and I will be unhooked from the system for a while for work on my shell.”

Eme shivers her time for downtime is coming soon as well. She hates when she is unhooked and placed in a tank of fluids to keep her alive. It could take months or even years to repair everything inside them. She hasn’t had it done in a long time. Her time was when Twilight attacked.

“I haven’t been removed from my ship for a long time. I feel its effects taking hold and some of my body functions. It’s not pleasant, trust me. My last downtime was meant to be before Twilight attacked the station. I haven’t told my queen this yet. She has enough to worry about.”

Bubble nods.

“I am getting out of range Eme. Have fun at the dance. I am sure everything will go smoothly. Just if it doesn’t remember none of us can get corrupted.”

Eme nods, turning her neck just a bit to look at her sleeping queen. She turns off the screen, turning everything to automatic and making sure the console will trigger the code just in case. She closes her eyes and the tubes expand forcing more fluid, blood, and food into her as she goes into standby mode.

_____________

A few hours later.

The queen opens her eyes from Eme waking her up. They’re right outside the hive worlds. She stands up from the chair and Glow heart looks at the six hive worlds surrounding a giant mud-like world. All worlds are connected but a strange substance allows the worlds to be in the same orbit as the big world.

“I haven’t been here for ten years. It seems they finally got the mega-hive they wanted to create. I hope I will be welcomed.”

Eme turns to her queen smiling.

“They already know you’re here. They can’t wait to talk to you.”

Eme docks the ship. Glow heart puts a cloak over her body and head just in case. She turns to the ship nodding to her and the ship shifts into an entirely different ship; it now looks like a zebra vessel. She walks through the hive to get to the large planet connected to it. There is a giant city and community within the hive as a bunch of drones from each queen fly all over.

She finally gets into the main chamber and it’s heavily guarded even more so. A hole opens up for her and she goes in and sits in the chair. The other queens stare at her waving.

“Now that we are all here, time for the dance. First order of the dance. We learned recently that we can see both Disharmony and Harmonies forces. We can see them hiding and we can sense them.”

Glow sighs, stroking her head. Great, she was hoping this wasn’t true. She shifts in the chair as she looks at the others. She hasn’t seen some of these queens in years. She is the only queen that survived the changeling slaughter back on Equis

“Now another thing. We have one of our Equestrian sisters here. From the new Celestia Glow heart?”

Glow stands up on her hooves and smiles.

“We are all doing good. Sadly the others lived. I do have a question though: are the Equestrian forces leaving our hive worlds alone?”

The speaker nods.

“They’re still active but they’re leaving us alone. They have gathered heavily around zebra worlds though. We don’t understand why.”

Glow tilts her head.

“They have left the Kirin worlds and the other worlds alone really?”

The speaker shrugs her shoulders.

“Yes, it’s strange contact from those worlds are fully blocked. There are rumors that a heavy civil war is happening in all those worlds. We don’t fully understand it. But I have a question for you: Glow.”

She shifts she doesn’t like questions.

“We heard rumors the elements survived the attack. Is this true?”

She shrugs her shoulders.

“I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t true. Because of everything they did I can be here. I am going to say this once though. When I head back home please don’t follow me. We are worried about someone with ill content following me. I am sure you understand.”

The speaker nods.

“Yes, we understand. But one more thing, we want to form a trade agreement with them.”

Glow nods, turning to leave. She is not going to fully stay for the entire thing. One of her visions sadly has come true. She had a vision of being told that her species can. See the forces of harmony and disharmony.

'Glow you aren’t staying for the dance?’

Glow turns her head to look at the speaker.

“I had to make sure my vision was true and it is. I will see you all in ten years. Besides, I will find my new king on new Celestia. Enjoy the dance girls.”

She leaves the meeting room and without a second thought, she gets back into her ship like four hours later. Since it’s like a maze just to get back to the landing station. Others have been wanting to know what the dance is like. She brings out a log recorder, turning it on to talk into it.

“Many have been wanting to learn what the dance is. It’s a meeting of all the queens and then later dance to meet our next king. This time though I didn’t stay because one of my visions has come true. I am not happy that I backed out of the dance. It's the first time in my life I have. Someday I will go back.”

She turns off the recording leaning back into her chair to fall asleep. Eme goes back into hyperspace and they make their way back to New Celestia to tell the others what she has learned. Eme looks back at her queen and a new worry comes over her. This is the first time any queen left the dance early. Sometimes it’s thought to be an insult. But this time it’s not an insult, more a worry. Someday another dance shall happen. Eme sings the song of the changeling it sounds like a cricket she uses the song to keep her queen asleep.

PreviousChapters Next