• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 2,577 Views, 62 Comments

Project Harmony One. - Megaskullmon



It's been 2000 year's since Equestria has found a station adrift in the middle of their space. They rebuild it and take up house. To keep their world from falling apart,They must work on peace with other species. While exploring the cosmos.

  • ...
13
 62
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Season three: Chapter nineteen: The lonely life of Charity. Elements life arc

"The element of dreams. I was called that many years ago. When most of my friends were still in this universe. I don't remember much of what happened to me. But the sad thing about the element of dreams you don't get is following your friends. I felt I would get to go to the end of the universe. I used to be named Charity. I don't even remember who I am anymore. Most know me as you see me. Just the dream walker just the dream seeker. Also hello my younger self."

Charity stood in the dream speaking to a mare and old mare wearing a cloak. She looked young but her voice sounded old. "You're me?"

"Yes, child I am.. I'm sure you have questions about what you see here. Dreams will always be lonely. But at least you got a family that you made to keep your name forever. But I am sure there is a big question."

Charity gulped. "Will I marry Eight legs?"

The old mare laughed. "I can't tell you that. That is how your future makes yourself. I'm what you will be at the end of your journey. You will take up the job the old element of dreams was meant to take. You have to say goodbye to your friends when they leave. For you won't join them till another takes up the mantle of the dreams."

Charity sighed not sure what to think. But she feels in her heart she will be alone forever. "Will I be alone forever then?"

The old mare smiled. "No, you won't. You will get your foals more then you can handle Charity I will tell you that much and River becomes the most wonderful little daughter that you could ask for. She does so much for you. Then when she passes you don't forget it. What she had done for you."

Charity looks around her dream seeing that she is on a ship. "Why are we in a ship?'

"The element of dreams is for the entire universe, my dear. You won't be just on one planet. There is a very old station built years ago to help the other dream walkers. The ones like Luna didn't need help. But this was for the ones that didn't have that power. You will never see Equestria again after you take up this mantel you will never see anyone again but those that come to see you."

Charity had tears fall from her eyes. The fact that this is going to happen makes her very sad. Closing her eyes wishing to wake from this dream. But she knows that she will be brought here sooner or later. But she had to ask this question that may be one of her foals could take over.

"Could one of my offspring take over?"

The old mare started at her younger self. She removed the hood half her body is cybernetic as she stares at her with a weak smile. "It could but some things that happen to you will remove your beauty forever Charity. To the fact that you even lose your head and you have to have it placed back on."

Charity gulps looking away. She looked at her future seeing the fact that she will lose much of herself. "Are these futures real?"

The old mare sighed. "No the future is never set in stone. But you know that is. That sniper rifle. The creatures attacking. Muffin pulled away from the wounded. That planet you keep seeing that is in your future. But these parts aren't your future. It's how you make it Charity if you don't follow the path. Yes, your future is that you will get married and have tons of foals more than your friends do. They all will help you in the station."

Charity doesn't know what to think she then is forced to wake to be the next one.


00000
New Celestia

Charity opens her eyes above her Eight Legs watching her with a smile. Charity doesn't care; she quickly sits up wrapping around him as they kiss. Others around them just stare at the fact that Charity is in love with a spider alien surprises many of the ponies around. They broke the kiss Charity looked over to her friends sighing.

"I see my friends are still asleep."

Eight legs stared at them. But he saw it another way. "No time has gone wonky. I see that all your friends have gone their ways. Some have foals already. But the one that is still asleep is Rainbow Cloud. She will only wake when you and the others find their happiness. Sadly for her, she needs more time. The element is working hard on fixing her mind. Her mind is not that good. We had Luna check."

Charity got out of the arms of Eight legs going to Rainbow Cloud stroking her head sighing. "She is the one that got us all together. Even though she hated ponies. I never understood her reason. But I think it had a lot to do with her family just leaving her in a planet full of Griffins"

Eight legs nodded stroking the back of his lover. "That's the thing. Most things that happened to her were because of War. I am sure he didn't mean to do what he did. Because back during that time he just wanted to free himself from the element. Then he saw what he did to Twilight and just lost it. But this is what one of the warriors we captured told me awhile ago. But I didn't understand who the heck he was talking about."

Charity nodded "What happened to the station, my love?"

Eight legs sighed. "The station has been moved outside of the town to have everything removed from it, remove all the human stuff, and rebuild it from the ground up making it all Equestrian with some of the alliance from space. But for the time being, we need to build your story my dear Charity."

Charity blinked thinking a moment. "So we aren't back on Equestria then? What is this new world?"

"No my love we are in the new world called New Celestia."

Charity blinked looking up at her love very unsure of what to think. "I find this odd why a new planet? We have Equis and I doubt Equestria will be able to live without so much magic to be there from the ponies that are part of it."

Eight legs sighed a bit. "Yes, many have told me this. I am sorry about it, my love. It's not something I am happy about myself. But I can't blame you for what has happened. I really can't."

Charity sighed and left the tent Eight legs lead her to the place that her store and home will be built. But she looked around seeing so many creatures of Equis working together and smiling and loving the fact that they enjoy each other's company. She is finding that very interesting. Back on Equis the creatures of the world never really came together to do stuff like this together. It's making her happy to see how that's changed.

"You look worried about my love." Charity looked up to Eight legs and she had a smile form on her face. It was easy to tell that so much was on her mind. She doubts that something like this will last well. But of course, It's something that most need to understand. She was at a station for a while.

"Can you show me the station Eight legs. I want to see what it looks like." Eight legs stared at her he gave a sigh nodding. He leads her through the town to an area of tents and large buildings far from the town. Surrounding the old station parts. The station has been ripped apart and they look to be taking parts up into space.

"The new station is going to be built in a year or two. So when you go back with your foals. You.." Charity felt something large get on her leg she looked down to River and nuzzled her.

" Mommy" She softly said with tears streaming down her eyes.

"Don't worry little River I am here.." She weakly smiled stroking her head. "Have you been a good girl with and not given any pony or Eight legs here trouble?"

"Now mommy he has been very kind to me. Also worried that you wouldn't wake up."

Charity looked up to Eight legs with a weak smile. "I guess I am lucky I did wake up. I'm sorry for worrying all of you. I know it's not going to be easy for all of you to understand. That I am the element of dream and I was told by the other bearer I will be alone forever. But it seems that will only happen when I go to that strange space station or whatever in the middle of the universe."

Eight legs blinked. Staring down at her. "So you dreamed about that then? Well, the issue with that is that place hasn't been taken care of in many years. It will take a long time for it to be rebuilt and the fact that it won't be anytime soon. So you won't be forced to have that happen. Remember the element of dreams can also corrupt you with faults and futures."

She sighed nodding. "I thought that would happen. But the one that spoke to me did say I will have many many many foals and be happy for some time in my life." She looked up to Eight legs smirking at him. She just stared down at her.

"Um. Charity I don't know how our children would...." Charity just bats her eyelashes at him. He sighed. "OH geez, Charity you want children from me? I am amazed and a bit scared that I won't live up to what you want."

Charity laughed. " OH come on Darling you make me happy that is all I want. If you can give me foals then I will be very happy."

They look back to the parts of the station being ripped out of the station parts that look very run down and broken. The fact that half the station is even working since they look to be testing the wires and how the computers work. It's not something that she was expecting to see. She hopes that soon it will be done.

"So they have to rebuild the entire station from the ground up? What will be new about it my love?"

Eight legs thought a moment. "Well, it will be used to defend the new world. A new law was formed recently by Luna. No more using tech on this world going back to how the old world was. But the tech will be in space along with defenses. The station is not the only thing being built up there. Many shipyards are as well."

Charity closed her eyes from hearing that. It made her heart skip a beat. She knew that she would be going to war. "My love, what happened to Equis, how does it look?"

Eight legs looked down at her with a sad smile. "It's the same and most of the stuff is now automated thanks to the tech you have in the world. No one has been there though to rise moon or rise the Sun. So it's been in between ever since Twilight left the world. She was to focus on trying to attack the station. So your world is under so much stress. But many stayed behind to try to defend it."

Charity sighed. "Come then let's get back so I can make plans for my shop. Then" Looks up to Eight legs. "Then ask you to take me to your home planet and see if your Queen will accept that I want you as my husband." Eight legs stared down at her. He had a smile on his spider-like face.

"I'm surprised you want to be with a bug like me."

She laughed while they walked to the spot in the city that is close to the middle of the city. It's an interesting part of the little city there. But she is building her store home like it was back on Equis. Her home was made by Rarity. It made her feel bad though. That building must have been burnt with the war that went on in Equis. She hopes though that the ponies that stayed on the planet don't die.

"Here we are.." They stood near building materials and workers. A set of paper is on a table she looked down at River thinking a moment.

"Alright, my little darling. What type of house would you like to live in?" River blinked staring up at her adopted mother. In her eyes, she could tell what to think. She did start thinking looking at the pencil and then whispered in the ear of Charity. Charity did give a smile with a gentle smile forming on her face. Her horn glowed lifting the pencil placing a paper on the thinking of how it would work. it would need to be something unlike it was back home.

She looked at how much room she had. She had so much room it amazed her. So she started to draw the insides of the building. Having there be a giant room for a display mirrors places to work for her dresses and a basement to place her supplies. Then upstairs she put in a bathroom and shower just for River along with a room just for her a room for foals to grow up in. Then making her room and bathroom large and wonderful. Then placed the name for it.

"It will be called Harmony One. Since Harmony is no longer in space and I have a feeling that the next station will be Harmony two." She looked over to Eight legs and he nodded.

"Yes, many don't want the name one anymore. They want to call it two and make it have no memories. The fact that new memories will be made for all the ponies that return to the station. Now allow them to create for you we will be gone for a few months. Since it will take that long to get to my world. Make sure you and River get what you need then we will leave."

Charity frowned remembering she has nothing anymore. But she went to go use the bits she still had to buy an entirely new clothing set and bought some for River to a beautiful zebra in her eyes. But she didn't want to go without a toothbrush either just in case she needed to make herself look very beautiful for the queen herself.

000
Space

They left the next day but of course, Eight legs lied to her on how long it would take to get there. Thanks to how this new world is. It connected to all space. Allowing them to go into the hyperspace that is called but the ponies keep thinking it as empty. Since you never see anything and always see nothing but of course they're getting used to it. Eight legs didn't talk to them for a while. But they were in the back of the shuttle River and she was on the only bed that is in there.

"Mommy, do you think his Queen will allow him to be with you?"

"I hope so, my dear little River. I love him so much. I'm sure he will get an okay. Maybe she will understand my point of view and want love for him."

River smiled. "Well, I do know that I miss my own family. I wish I could still have them. But you have done so much for Charity. I mean... mommy But I still feel I should thank you for how kind you have been to me."

"Well, I have to be dear. You lost your family. I feel that you need to have ones to love you for what you could bring to them. You have brought me so much happiness and love. I know that it is hard to understand for most that never understood why I adopted a zebra. But I have been to your land on Equis I have seen how some of the mares are treated there. I didn't care for it but it's been that way for years. It's hard to change it."

River sighed looking away a moment nodding. "Yes, that's the issue with that. Most of them don't even trust the stars. I think they're learning to move away from that. I doubt it would be easy for them too. But I think that some of the children of the zebras of the past are trying to understand why so much happens as it did."

Charity nodded. "Yes like I heard on the Zebra world they don't follow the laws of Caesar"

"That new world is very open to our kind. I haven't heard from them since I do have family in that word since we left the station. But I heard that many of the planets got attacked by the Equestrian army that didn't get taken out during the escape of Equis."

Charity blinks. "Then that means the Sunset shimmer has our other worlds held hostage. I hope when we finally take care of the issues of this army of Disharmony and harmony that we finally see. I don't trust either side and I think she is trying to get us to come out so she can attack the elements. I'm pretty worried that she will harm the world just to get to us. But I haven't heard anything yet."

"You won't" They look up to Eight legs. "Sun Set or the fake one thinks that Disharmony will always be there."

"I get what you mean so the fact there is a fake Sunset Shimmer. Wait there is a fake?"

Eight legs gave a nod. "Yes, the real one was frozen in a pod with Scootaloo and wonderbolts. But we haven't been able to wake them up yet. Scoots woke up during the attack but she is gently healing. She wishes to be close to Rainbow Cloud. Since that's the only pony next to Twilight that she knows."

Charity sighed. "I don't blame her. She has been frozen for 2000 years and now she wakes up in a new word that is not even Equis. I feel bad for her. I feel awful for all the ponies that came from Equis seeing some of their families broken and hurt. I am hurt as well since I have to be ready to follow the path of the other element."

"You go get some sleep you two. I need to get back to driving. I do hope you two will be alright." Charity nodded and they both lay down their heads to relax.

Eight legs went back into the cockpit to sit in a chair and sighed he knew this trip was going to be hard. But he finally brought himself out of space.


0000
Silk Web

It was the same day and they slowly landed. Eight legs got out of the ship to leave the two of them behind. He didn't know what to think. He looked at the guards that defend the Queen and they allowed him to go inside. Inside he saw a group of ponies offering a trade deal from New Celestia.

"I will accept this deal. If you bring us the best of what you have then you will please us. But it doesn't matter if you don't or not. Just the fact you are helping defend the universe you will get this trade deal."

The pony bowed. "Thank you." The ponies left and He found it interesting that the ponies used to be scared to death of meeting creatures like him. Then he turned to the Queen who stared at him.

"So Eight legs have you given up on the pursuit of love with the element of the dream?"

Eight legs sighed. "No I wish to marry her I wish to have your blessing and to know what you think of it, my queen."

The Queen’s face didn't have any emotions on it. She looked towards him and she sighed though. "Eight legs you know full well you won't be able to make foals with her. But there is away."

Eight legs looked up to her blinking. "What do you mean my Queen?"

"We have contact with another universe where that station came from. I heard rumors of a female alien turning human with a set of technology that we have as well. But I warn you Eight legs you do this you will lose your General title and become the full ambassador for us and the ponies."

Eight legs bowed deep. "I will do whatever it takes to be with her, my Queen. I love her with all my heart. She is the first of the pony kind that has ever melted my cold iced soul."

The Queen stood up from her throne. She breaks the egg sac from her body. Flapping her large wings. "Come along Eight legs."

She flew up into a strange room above the throne room. Eight legs even though he didn't have wings found another way to get up there by using his webs to get up there. In the room is a large cocoon. The Queen sets up many candles and other various items to help harden it then looking down to Eight legs.

"This will be painful. Eight legs and I will make sure to keep your lover asleep so she can become even more part of the dream."

He sighed. "How long will this take?"

"A month and we will keep them both asleep in stasis."

Eight legs stared at the cocoon closing his eyes, sighing a moment. "I will do anything to make Charity happy. I care so much for her. She deserves to be happy even though most would feel the dream element is forced to be alone. But I don't know what to think anymore."

The Queen sighed. "Listen my son. I haven't given the ponies my name or anyone else since I am the oldest living of the Queens. Do you want to give her foals? You want to make her happy. Well then make her your Queen treat her like a treasure and a jewel"

Eight legs sighed looking towards the cocoon not sure what to think. He slowly walked into it while it sealed up and The Queen smiled watching the cocoon fully freeze one of her first sons of the past. She leaves the room to let the cocoon do what is needed.

The weavers go inside the shuttle clicking a few buttons making so the entire ship turns into stasis pod and freezes River and Charity now they can dream.

0000
Dreams.

"Well hello, Charity." Charity opened her eyes staring at Grogar. She backed up in fear he smiled darkly at her with his sharp teeth and red eyes glowing.

"Now Charity I can't harm you. But since you're in my domain of dreams. We can just talk and not harm each other. So you have a new world I hear."

Charity took a deep breath. "How did you know?'

Grogar laughed softly. "Oh come on Charity I know everything. It's not hard to know were the ponies went. I am and will be stuck in Dream Valley thanks to that damned gate. But I can see the dreams of those I wish to see."

She snorted, staring at him. "Why are you bothering me?"

Grogar smiled. "Oh, I can't talk to another walker of dreams? I am the one that helped Luna learn to dream walk. So now again you're in my domain and I will allow you to be here so we can speak."

She sighed closing her eyes and she knew this would happen sooner or later. That she would talk to one of the biggest threats of the old world.

"What is going on with Equis?"

Grogar frowned looking away. "The disharmony army is destroying the world. I may be an evil Charity. But I don't wish to harm the magic of the world. If they aren't stopped soon you will return to a barren world full of dead. The only world that will be safe is Dream valley."

Charity had tears fall from her eyes. " I knew this would happen. Since the former element of dreams showed me the future. He told me that the future can be stopped. But I doubt we will be able to stop it. We have no way to break through the fleet. We have no station or army at the moment. Since we just wished to stay in peace until it was time."

Grogar nodded. "I may not understand you, ponies. But I can agree with this. If you wish, we will help you when you fight them. But the deal is. You give us Equis."

Charity stared at Grogar and he just smiled darkly. "You know I won't agree to that."

Grogar chuckles. "Sometimes my dear you need to do things you may not like. Like giving up Equis to fight Disharmony and then give us the real rulers of Equis the planet. You have your planet now. So tell me are you willing to do this?"

Charity growled showing her teeth in anger. "I have no say in the matter."

"I know you don't. You will have to ask your leaders about this deal. Do you want to keep your world whole? Because I highly doubt they will leave the world free or whole."

Charity tried to speak but another came into the dream. Luna formed in front of them staring at Grogar with so much hate in her eyes.

"What are you doing here Grogar?"

Grogar smiled, showing his teeth. "Oh come on little Luna you know you're in my domain princess of the night. You took my duty from giving nightmares to giving good dreams. Making the ponies weak and soft and not really for the threats ahead. Maybe the threats ahead will make you understand hmm?"

Luna snorted. "They will be ready for all the threats that come to us. You can't stop us from having a wonderful peaceful time in the dream world."

Grogar laughed. "So the three of us are the masters of the dream world? How about we all three work the dreams. I give the nightmares to bring peace to the minds that need it."

Charity didn't know what to think. "I doubt it would be wise if the three of us worked together. Since we don't trust you Grogar and you could use the dreams to make everypony bow to you."

Grogar shook his head. "You ponies always look at the bad side of things. I feel bad for you two. Maybe if you allow the real masters to control the weather and the sun. Since you ponies stole everything from us."

Luna growled in anger, snorted, and neighed in anger rising on her back. hooves. "We never stole anything from you!! You always claim that the sun, the moon, and the realm of dreams belong to you creatures. We have been using them since the world was created by the magic of the past."

Grogar laughed softly. "Too bad you think that. But the world was not created by magic. It was created by dreams. The creation of this universe is from dreams that become real. Those dreamers are now long dead."

Charity tried to ignore Grogar but he had such a voice that made it harder to do so.

"I can tell I am getting to you two. You can't ignore me and you can't ignore my right these dreams."

Luna's horn glowed and a beam of magic hit Grogar forcing him to leave the dream realm for the time being. She painted her features full of anger. She stomped her hoof in anger.

"He will be back soon so it gives me time to talk to you, Charity."

Charity nodded. "What’s up than my Queen?"

Luna smiled gently and she was still getting used to the fact that she was known as a queen now and not a princess. It's something she feels she would never get used to. But maybe she will down the line. She closed her eyes for a moment not sure what to say but then it came to her.

"Alright Muffin and Savanna are now frozen in time. With their two foals. Pinkie Cake the same. You will be doing the same soon. You will be frozen in time, you all will wake up from the time."

Charity sighed. "So we all will get what we want. But we will be frozen till Rainbow Cloud returns to us? I know she was close to death and got hit harder than the rest of us. She faces Twilight during the battle. it's starting to make me wonder if she was meant to die. But the elements are only keeping her alive to face the issues that they have caused."

Luna smiled. "Yes, I know how that feels my dear friend. I felt the same way after Celestia gave everything to me when she passed on. I wish she didn't some of the time. But I miss my sister the most. I wish she was still around. I miss her."

Charity blinks. "I feel like I am waking up Luna. I have no idea how long I have been in here." She slowly starts to vanish leaving Luna behind and after that happens Grogar forms again laughing.

"Ah did the other one leave to go on her missions my dear Luna?" Luna stared at him snorting in anger.


0000
Month later

Charity opened her eyes walking down the ramp standing in front of the ramp was a pony with Eight legs. She stared at him. She didn't know what to think of him as a unicorn-like her.

"Um..."

"It's my love." He walked to her on his eight legs.

She stared at him, her mouth hanging open. "You... you changed yourself for me?"

He nodded "I want to marry you even."

They stared at him. A few months later the two of them got married at her new home. Then a little time after thanks to the element she gives birth to a pure unicorn that doesn't have any of the Dark Weaver's looks. They called him Golden web. Then after all this, they show up into the wedding frozen in time.

Luna sighed looking towards Discord.

“The end is near. It seems we will have time to fight. But a time to wait.”

Discord just nodded and stroked his beard.

“The fact that so many come now to this wedding there has been a change.”

PreviousChapters Next