• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 2,577 Views, 62 Comments

Project Harmony One. - Megaskullmon



It's been 2000 year's since Equestria has found a station adrift in the middle of their space. They rebuild it and take up house. To keep their world from falling apart,They must work on peace with other species. While exploring the cosmos.

  • ...
13
 62
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Season one: Chapter Five: Discord and Sugar Sparkle.

"Sometimes it is thought there is a world after death... Maybe there is."

Muffin was trying her best to keep Sugar Alive back on the planet before heading home. Since they have to see what happen to Apple Core. Sugar Sparkle opens her eyes and she is in a pure white room everything is just white... But she see's a strange creature in a white robe. She slowly walks to the man. Taking the claw the creature opened. Pulling the creature out of the light.

"Hello Sugar Sparkle... welcome to heaven... you're dead."

It was Discord.

"I am the lord of Chaos. I have done much to joke around..Also cause so much chaos and pain to the ponies of Equestria. But thanks to Fluttershy. She helped me through so much. This is a new time now and I will either... Keep this one alive... or she will die if she doesn't follow the right path."

Discord held the hoof of the Crystal pony mare. As she looked at him with great anger.

"I can't bring the dead back to life. No matter how much I wish I could. But now... I must keep the spirit up of Sugar Sparkle before."

Sugar looked behind her to see the grim reaper and it brought out a skeletal hoof like asking her to come.

"Before death wins her and takes her from her friends forever."

Discord and Sugar Sparkle.

___________________________________________

The Speech

Through the eyes of Sugar Sparkle. She was speaking her speech. Then the shot rang out feeling the bullet enter her neck. Getting lodged in her neck. Passing out from the pain and turning extremely weak as her world went black. She didn't know the kindness her friends were doing. She didn't even know what Apple Core was doing.

She opened her eyes and there was the pure white. She slowly walked to the figure not easy seen in the light. She allowed the claw to grab her hoof and he was pulled out of the light.

"Hello Sugar Sparkle. I am God... and you're dead."

He said with dark smile and laughs

She stared at Discord with much anger and sighed.

"How am I dead?"

________________________________________

Heaven or whatever is called heaven.

"Well not really dead of course. Close to it. But your friends are doing so much to keep you alive. Frankly, that's why I am here... To make sure you do live."

Sugar sighed and sat down stroking her own head seeming very scared a bit at the moment.

"How come this happen to me... I never asked to be part of Project Harmony. I was asked.. I said yes... But I never knew. I would become the element of speech."

That made Discord blink many times.

"There are more Elements?!"

She gasped and looked up to Discord.

"Don't tell the princess or Twilight or anyone else... We are meant to keep them hidden till the army of disharmony makes its move. But... now I doubt I will be there."

She looked down and sighed.

"I am just useless... I am sure the alliance failed because of me being shot... I am sure they don't even care."

He sighed.

"This is not true... In fact, Apple Core... is hunting down those creature's as we speak... That did this to you Sugar Sparkle. She is not going to stop till their brought to justice."

Looks up to Discord and blinks.

"Why do you care if I live Discord... I have never thought of you as the one... To care for a pony like me."

Discord sighed.

"Frankly... I don't care if you live or die... But I have seen Twilight's pain..when she lost all hers... I'd rather not have them go through the same issue. So if what you say is true... then you're needed more than ever."

Sugar looks up nodding.

"Then why don't you use your magic and just bring me back to perfect health?"

Discord blinks and sighs.

"I can't do that... I wish I could... But that would be too easy... You would have to defeat and be judged by him."

Points behind Sugar and death is standing there. Her eyes go wide and tear's form.

"That's how close I am to death then?"

Discord nods sadly.

"I am here... to keep your mind awake..and not allow your mind to fall asleep and allow you to die... I will not allow it... I promise you this. I will do everything I can to keep you from death. But this is your own choice Sugar. You have to be the one that wants to live. I'm sorry to say but you seem to have some reasons to not want to live."

Sugar's eyes fill with tear's nodding.

"It's true... there are many reasons... I am not sure what I want."

Discord sighed nodding.

"This is normal... But you did something most wouldn't ever wish to. You stood up and gave a speech even if it meant your death. You joined a space station... To spread harmony across the universe. You were bound to meet those that..don't wish for it. Even if Equestria is not used to war... But sooner or later... One might happen. You have to be ready for it."

Sugar looked to the side and sighed. Discord snapped his claws. Bringing a little show off other worlds.

"The world you just came from..Has known war for many years. Equestria is to used to peace. It's never going to be ready to fight a war. No matter how much you try to get it ready. War is harsh and painful. You're going to find many words still stuck in a war. I'm immortal I am not a guard dog. No matter how much I wish to be. I can't stop any future. I can help in way's but that's it."

He keeps showing her the planets stuck in war and one's slowly starting to go into the war.

"All paths lead to peace. Some lead to peace through speech and words. The power of words can stop any war. Just the right words that are said. Can stop everything. But sometimes words can not stop when the war is needed. I'm not a guard dog even. I can never be asked to fight in the war. Unless the war ends up in our world."

Looks to Sugar who seems to be thinking of what to do next.

"I am not sure of what to do...I'm not sure if there is anything I can do. I'm a useless mare... All I feel is despair. I feel the pain of it growing and growing."

Discord blinks seeing the Element of Despair showing up behind Sugar Sparkle. Feeling the disharmony from this creature. But it's like they can cause it... From their planet.

"I understand feeling despair is normal... But you need to move on. You got hurt yes... But don't let that stop you from living. I know this won't be easy to take care of. Sometimes a path like this will be hard to follow. But we need to put up your spirits first... Before we can make sure you live. Your mind will be the only thing that stops you. For your mind is the only thing awake now... They're trying so hard to keep you alive. Muffin is not even sleeping."

He waves his hand to show Sugar... Muffin's face is coated with tears. While Savannah is trying to tell her to rest. But she is ignoring her Zebra friend. Then showing her that Apple core and the other mares are there watching. Even Luna is there watching.

"It's been almost a week and they're still not giving up on you. That poison that was on the bullet. Is stronger than anything they came across. Even if you live... You may never be able to walk again on your back hooves. Since the poison destroyed your legs. The back ones got the worst of it. But their willing to do anything to help you walk again."

Her eyes full of tears and pain. She falls on her butt sobbing softly. As the grim reaper is there waiting. His skeletal hooves clomping around. Death seems to be waiting for her to make the choice. It's impressive that how death just waits and waits for the time to take a soul. His hooves clomping slowly around the bright light room. Seems to be tossing cards in the light of pure light.

"Sugar do you want your friends... to be full of sadness if they lose you? Do you want to see them grow old with you? Retire around when you do and then never see them become what you wish? You could become something more after this is over. All you have to do from... what I have learned... Is last on the station for five years. Then you're done all of you are."

Just so much Despair fills her heart. Looking down as she stares at herself in the puddle of tears.

"Am I worth it? I was always told... back at the crystal empire... I am not worth it... The only one that gave me a smile... is Princess Cadence. She is the one that got me this job. I have so much to thank her for... For what she has done for me. I was just a shy mare. All my life had no friends.... Till I met those on the station. I helped Luna get Jigsaw and Rainbow on a blind date."

Discord calmly nods and looks over to the element of despair who is now taking form and blinks. The creature walked slowly over to Sugar and Sugar looked up her eyes going wide. The creature is now fully seen... She looks like a bug creature pink green all over her body.

"OW!!! oh great day in the morning... I am alive!!! Oh and hello, miss element of speech. Happy to see me?! NO?! To bad! I shall be your Despair tonight... Oh, yes... I see that... you're close... to death... oh use that little element to save your life.... It's the only way to save you... I see a worthless being like you... Can't handle a simple bullet!! Hehehe oh aawwwww..."

Discord watched this creature...

"Oh... such a weak little creature... such an easy one to see."

Sugar holds her hooves to her ears trying to block her out.

"Oh... pity so... weak... I am asleep... but if despair is near... I can feel it. If I was awake... I could feed on you and spread it around... So much pain... I hunger... for it. Shall we find more to cause pain too? How about this?!"

The creature punches Sugar in the heart and she screams. As Muffin see's that Sugar's heart stopped and does what she can to bring her back.

"Awww so much Despair."

The bug creature gives an evil smile.

"So weak... keep crying.... you worthless being."

Discord tossed a beam of chaos at the bug creature and for now chasing her off to stop her from doing this. He rushed to Sugar and holds her close.

"Shhhh I know that despair is hard to fight... But you have found the path... You need to find it more... Please don't allow them to do this to you. This army of disharmony is something I will talk to princess Celestia about... Because she deserves to know. But Sugar.... your heart is full of despair even before you got shot.... What is going on?"

Sugar just sobs hard holding onto Discord her painful. Death looking towards Sugar and waiting for his chance to get another soul. Sugar just wanted it to be over. Her pain was very easily seen. Slowly stops her sobbing looks over to Discord and sighs.

"I have to much despair in my for my brain to stay awake, don't I? So am I a lost cause Discord?"

Discord sighs and looks to her standing on his back feet shaking his head.

"No one is ever a lost cause... Unless they wish to feel that way Sugar. Your much like Fluttershy but... she didn't treat herself like this Sugar. Maybe you need to talk about it? Maybe you need to learn to fight the pain in your heart. I know it's not easy to do this. So please Sugar for your friends fight. But it's still not going to be as easy as you think. So I am here till you can fight for yourself."

The crystal mare just felt her pain growing.

"Was there... a reason... they shot me Discord? Why me? I am just... a useless crystal earth pony."

He sighs and shakes his head.

"Sugar... your not useless... There was a reason why you got shot. You threaten their leader's on the rebel side. Just by being there with your words and your speech. Your not useless Sugar Sparkle. You did something that threatens a world of rebels. You spoke from the heart. Hmm, something is wrong, though."

Sugar blinks and looks up to Discord.

"What do you mean?"

He clicks his claws and Muffin seems to be gathering a group of doctors from the med lab.

"I need you all to head to a planet that recently called us. Everything is set up in the ship. I will join you after Sugar wakes up. It may be a few days or weeks. But I ain't leaving her side. I know I was asked to..But I can't."

Savannah sighed.

"Muffin. I will go along with them."

Muffin nods her eye's bright red from all the crying.

"Alright, Savannah... thank you... Also careful... there is a reason I am told they call the planet of nightmares."

Discord waved his hand to allow the living world to vanish.

"Now Sugar maybe there is something in your life that caused you to feel this way. Do you wish to talk about it?"

Sugar gives a nod.

__________________________________

Birth.

"So the birth that you went through. What did your parents tell you about it?"

Sugar's ear's droop.

"I'm sorry but I didn't have very kind parents. Well, they were very kind. Just how I felt. I guess I should have been happier about everything. I felt so awful about many things. Always full of despair was very normal for me as well. I don't know why. But yes my birth was normal. I'm just a normal everyday crystal pony mare."

Discord nods.

"Every pony has more value then you think Sugar. The Crystal empire is the one place... I would never have thought you would feel this way. I guess I don't know every pony like I thought I did. So yes I don't get most of the way's that ponies live. So Sugar is there anything else you can tell me about?"

Sugar sighs softly and shakes her head.

"No really nothing else I can tell you about my birth. I learned nothing of it from my family. Just I was born."

___________________________________

Foal life.

The white area around them was starting to turn darker. The element of Despair looks to be winning and death's eyes glowing through the darkness. Discord looked worried. Looking down to Sugar who is getting weaker. With everything, he had to do what Fluttershy would do. To show kindness and try to help this pony through their despair.

"Listen Sugar Sparkle... you're going to lose this battle if you let despair get to you. Whoever this element of Despair is they will beat you and destroy you. So please Sugar... keep your mind clear. Tell me about your foal hood? Hmm, I would love to learn more about that time. So please try hard Sugar Sparkle... Remember."

Sugar closed her eyes and slowly started to remember.

"I did so much to learn. About the history of the Crystal Empire. As well as learning how to be useful in it. My parents were what you call ship builders. They built helped built the ships... That would travel among the stars. My brother was a Star fury flyer. I was learning to be part of the army. Even so young I went through the training. Because I felt that was the only way to be useful. I had to be ready for the academy. So I could do something in space. This was way before I got my cutie mark. Around the age of ten, I was able to get ready for the academy."

Discord watched a strange portal that showed what she was speaking of. Wearing suits that hid everything but the flank. She was still a blank flank. Reading through a bunch of books that looked to be books to teach and learn many things. The books looked to be new and just recently made. The army wasn't fully formed since just recently. It said in the book. The Equestrian alliance. When all of the countries and cities and parts of the world. Joined to be one large alliance to let go of their issues.

"I got to say I never thought I would see Equestria turn into such friends. The past you would have never heard of it. But this ain't the past anymore. Most of the past is dead... Even if evil is forced into what most call hell. These Elements of Disharmony... I don't understand the point of them.."

Sugar sparkle sighed closing her eyes.

"But yes I read the history of how the alliance was formed. It was formed... after the station was found. By Rainbow cloud's great grandmother Cloud beam. I don't understand why they gave Rainbow Cloud up to Griffins. But then she won't even talk about her family. Just about the fact, she was raised by griffins. But I learned the alliance was formed to protect Equestria just in case. There is also a rumour that Celestia and Luna formed... a secret army. I got my cutie mark after I passed my communications training and they ranked me to the second command when they asked me to leave. But I don't understand why it's sparkling Sugar... I feel it could have been a fluke. But not to sure. But I went through all the training... Before I was asked to leave for good. I was 39 and had my birthday on the station... Alone..."

"Then let's talk about your adulthood then?"

___________________________________

Adulthood.

The entire area was dark. The only spot that was not was Sugar Sparkle and Discord. It seems she is losing the battle of despair. Her eyes are turning dark and her body is no longer crystal like. The pure despair of when Sombra took over the crystal empire so long ago. Looking up to Discord with her eye's. The Despair growing while death is in the darkness coming closer.

"It seems that creature is beating you Sugar."

Sugar looks down and lays her head down in Despair

"Can you tell me about your adulthood?"

Looking up and weakly speaks.

"Adulthood was boring you could say. the academy was something I never expected. it was pretty dull. But I learned how to live through."

Blinks hearing a sound and looks around.

"Discord what is going on?"

______________________________________

The choice

Discord blinks and Yanari the element of Despair shows back up. Lifting a strange claw and try's to banish Discord from Sugar's mind.

"You won't stop me from saving this pony."

Yanari smirks other figures form beside her all around Discord

"Brothers... let's remove this so called creature of disharmony. Soon we will wake and our army will take on harmony again."

All eight of the elements of disharmony the only one that is seen is the element of despair while they others... Seem to just be there in spirit. Discord screams in pain. His body starts to crack his hold on the mind of Sugar Sparkle starts to fade. All eight of them together are far too strong for him. Of course, he could be testing them. But at this moment he has no idea who they are and what they want.

Discord explodes all the white vanished but the little spot that Sugar Sparkle lays on.

On the planet Equestria Discord is thrown out of the mind. He rushes to Canterlot to explain to Celestia what is going on.

Back in Sugar Sparkles mind. She was not alone Yanari the holder of the element of Despair. The large bug creature that looks 8 feet. Her wings coming out of her back fluttering. Having a bug like face. Finally, as she speaks sounds robotic.

"Finally... alone with you Element of Speech. Now to test the resolve of you."

Forming a dark evil weapon of despair and with a swift slicing down her body. Leaving no blood but the constant pain of despair. She screams loudly stuck in her mind. While Muffin the element of health does everything she can.

"Fight me Element of speech or have you fallen? Oh, poor little creature."

She sobs hard the despair getting close and deep. Hearing Muffin's words

"Please... Sugar... we all care for you... Rainbow, Twilight, Luna, and the others."

Sugar Sparkle opened her eyes standing on her hooves. A sword forming in her mouth that is her spirit.

"So the element of speech gains a backbone. Hehehe aww I don't wish to hurt you... Wait a second yes I do!!"

Sugar eye's filled with anger. She rushes towards Yanari. The two fought with their swords. Anger from both of them getting closer to a heed. Her sword is tossed out of her mouth. She is backed up by Yanari her eyes full of fear for the moment. But remembering her training. Never allow fear to get the best of you. Turning around quickly and bucking Yanari with her back hooves. Causing the creature to fly and her shell cracked. Vanishing soon after.

She turns to face death screaming in his face.

"I don't want to die!! I want to live."

Death just stared then spoke.

"The empty is not within. Harmony has come full forced. For you may not fully heal from the bullet. You will live. But I'm not death little pony. I'm something else."

Death transforms into a spider-like being. Long legs with a spider-like body. Many red eyes. Having arms to hold weapons

_________________________

The test

"I'm extremely sorry little pony. I had to test your resolve before... I ask you to come to my planet. We know what is happening. We know that the army of disharmony is on the rise. I'm part of a race... That was part of the old army of harmony. We wish to extend our hands to you. In fact five other races.. Have waited for our call to let you lead the army. Soon you will see one of us show up on your station. So we can give you the path to our world. But I never thought the former bearer of hope would attack you."

Sugar blinks.

"Former? We were told they were all killed."

She sighs shaking her head.

"No, they formed the army of disharmony. Because they felt they had the right to turn into gods of the universe. The only one that wasn't the one... That lived through the war. He fought his brothers and sisters with the rest of us. I'm from a race that is an offshoot of what they are. Expect to see me soon. I will give you my name when you come to see me. I want you. The element of Forgiveness Discord and Luna. Yes, I know their names. Now I'm sorry for all this... I can't heal you... You will never walk in your back hooves again. Now wake to show those around you... That you are worth it."

Sugar watched while the creature vanished

"We will be there in three day's Sugar. They will hear from us soon"

_____________________________

Sugar Sparkle.

Sugar opens her eye's everyone rushing to her to give her hugs and to hold and hug her.

"I'm Sugar Sparkle... I'm The element of Speech. I felt for the longest time... I wasn't worth it at all to anyone or even to my friends. Despair was always in my heart. Discord was helpful. But I had to learn how to regain myself. I came in contact with a race of spider-like beings. For I don't know what they are. But they tested me and they want me to speak with. As I was told after all that was said and done. I would never walk again on my back hooves."

It was a day after Sugar walking into C&C. Her back hooves put on a metal brace with wheels on the back. It was held onto her by magic and tech. Magic kept it attached to her sides. This was to be used till Muffin could find an easy way to fix Sugar's Spine. All those that saw her they clapped their hooves and claws. Rainbow Cloud and Rainbow's special somepony Jigsaw hugged her. Giving her the spot she deserves on C&C or what is the bridge of the station.

"I will not doubt myself again for I shall sing with my friends. I shall love them all and never fall. They all give me hope. I had a talk with Apple Core after I woke. The tears in her eyes. Of what she did for me. I'm honoured to call them all friends. I thank them for what they have done for me, I'm Sugar Sparkle I am here to stay. I'm the second in command and my seven close friends are what kept me alive. I thank them with my heart thank you."

Author's Note:

Sugar's Theme

Discords theme for this story.

PreviousChapters Next