• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 2,577 Views, 62 Comments

Project Harmony One. - Megaskullmon



It's been 2000 year's since Equestria has found a station adrift in the middle of their space. They rebuild it and take up house. To keep their world from falling apart,They must work on peace with other species. While exploring the cosmos.

  • ...
13
 62
 2,577

PreviousChapters Next
Season 2: Chapter 8: The music of the station

"Why am I singing?! I am forced to sing!!"

It was a calm day in the Harmony station. Nothing really strange was going on. Just a simple every other day. Until a cargo ship returning from scouting another world... To place ponies on... Came back. It landed and its cargo was released. The box was left open by mistake and a strange gas went into the vent system. It didn't seem like it would harm anything. The gas floated through the system to every part of the station. The station seemed to not be sounding an alarm at all. It even soaked into the wires of the system. In C&C ponies were typing away at their computers and the words came up in music form. Just music notes. " Um Sugar Sparkle this is strange.." Jigsaw said looking up. The mare looked over and blinked.

Coming over and blinked. "Huh, it is. See if you can do clense of the system." Jigsaw nodded. A battles sound came up from Luna's office.

"Excuse me Sugar Sparkle... My reports are all coming in as music... I can't seem to understand it." The gas makes its way into the food that the ponies eat and the drinks and even in the stores and everything they touch. But it doesn't change anything. For the moment anyway.

___________________

Marketplace.

Charity was in her store and her store door opens up with a song. "OH, I am OPEN!!!" She blinks and sees River come in with supplies.

"Charity what is going on? I don't know what is going on." She gasped and dropped the supplies from her hooves. "Why am I singing?! OH, I am singing I feel I got to sing!!!" She gasped again and covered her mouth.

"OH, Darling I am not..sure what...." She gasped as well. "But I got to dance..." She starts to dance on her hooves. "I got to sing..." A bunch of ponies and creatures sing through the Marketplace. "How much is this?"

The store owner replies. "Just a ten credits!!!." Then a group starts to dance with one Diamond Dog, singing.

"Oh....this diamond Dog got to sing.... Oh, we all got to sing.... For the air is calling us to sing..."

The group keeps dancing as they sing, Claw and Sun Sparkle dancing. "Oh....we got to sing...a romantic...song... To show our love for one another... Oh, the love that...we share... Shall be sounded through the air." Sun Sparkle doesn't seem to care and keeps dancing with her lover. "We got to sing....for our love is all that we see in our eyes." One of the stands transforms into a DJ box and a pony puts on shades and starts playing music she has no idea why either. A Changeling starts to dance and sing.

"Oh, we got to sing....we have no idea what is going on.."

______

Grey Sector.

An old mare sings. "I have seen my life...fall apart... The Queen forced us all in this hell. That caused us...no happiness..." Muffin blinks and seems to just cover her nose as she listens to the song of the broken in Grey Sector. "We all lost our homes...to the Queen... We forgot how to live with happiness and hope in our hearts.."

_________________

Commanders office.

Rainbow had placed on a gas mask and she seems to not be affected by this. She turns on the com to bring up a screen and all the ponies in C&C are dancing and singing. "Hey what is going on?!" Jigsaw is trying hard not to sing but trying to figure out what is happening.

"I am trying to... Not sing...but Sugar Sparkle took the last gas mask... But..from what we learned...something soaked up into the wires of the station."

Savannah trotted in wearing a paper mask. "Rainbow Cloud... I took a sample of the food... Whatever it is... It's in our drinks, our food and everything we touch.

A Diamond Dog runs in and whines and cries. "PLLLEASE! Get us to stop!!! We can't dance...anymore we can't sing anymore. Please help usssss." The Diamond dog then rushes back out dancing and singing.

Rainbow cloud sighs. "And here I thought it would be a wonderful, calm day."

"Can you make anything to find the source of this issue Savannah?" Savannah nods.

"I can try..but I recommend putting the station on lockdown." She nods and clicks the button and it raises an alarm and the alarm starts singing.

"LOCK DOWWWN. We are going on Lockdown..to protect you from the baddies and sickness... Looock down we are going on Lockdown!!!."

She growls. "Computer put the alarm on silence." The singing stops. "Let's get this..over with before... I lose it."

________________

The halls of the station.

Sugar Sparkle had opened a panel and she scans the wires and pipes. "Rainbow it seems every inch of this is effected with the strange thing. Listen." The sounds of the tech in the wall seem to be drumming and making horn sounds... Savannah looks to the others nodding.

"I have a feeling..that we will find what we need from following the source." Then suddenly boom!!

The station started shaking and creaking. "Damn it!!"

She taped her device on her hoof. "What is going on there?" Jigsaw sounded worried.

"I don't know... I saw a ship and it suddenly vanished... It looked like a music note. It's hitting us with music. Getting a reply.

The screen comes on it shows Aliens that are made of music notes. One in a tux starts to sing. "Give us back our eggs!!! Or you shall feel our wrath!!"

"It sounds like we stole their eggs..." Jigsaw was so scared to sing. "Wait... I am not singing...there is too much adrenalin in my body. All the ponies here are normal..." Savannah blinks. "We need to cause a scare to get them to be normal again... But first eggs?"

Rainbow thinks a moment and looks to Sugar Sparkle. "Did any cargo ships come in awhile ago?"

She nodded. "Yes, the SS True flight..flown by Pock the Changeling just came back from a planet...He said that he brought a bunch of stones back and strange rocks to study." She blinks. " Do you remember the dock?"

She nods. "Yes, dock three. We should head down there before this gets too bad."

Savannah blinks. "But how will we get there?" She said with a calm nicker.

Rainbow looks up and smirks. "I know a way but you might hate it.." Savannah blinks and the two mares follow Rainbow and she leads them to leaders that lead all the way down.

Sugar sparkle gulps. "How...will I do this then?"

Rainbow Cloud grabs the straps on the wheelchair with her mouth to remove them and gets the crystal earth mare on her back. Crystal gasped and screams and puts her front hooves over her eyes and she forces the wheelchair to drop down the ladder. To roll down and drop like a rock to the bottom. With how it's made... It wouldn't break. "Sugar I need you to hold onto me. Keep your eyes closed." Savannah shrugs and being a Zebra she just simply does the Zebra way. She puts some strange gunk on her hooves she had in her bag and then jumps from wall to wall to get down.

"SHOW OFF!" Rainbow laughed and flew down slowly. With a very scared earth mare on her back. The gas mask doesn't seem to cover her eyes like Rainbow's does. She calmly flys down as Savannah makes it down first very easy. Rainbow lands and she looks back at the clinging Crystal mare and smiles.

"You can get off me now Sugar." Sugar blushes softly and gets off and steps on her back legs and collapses under herself and she sighs. As the two friends help her in the wheelchair. Strapping her back in place.

"You need to get those new robotic legs or allow them to fix you." Sugar looks up and blinks. "Without Muffin to be here to watch... I don't trust the other Doctor's and Savannah has no experience in that type of work." Savannah nods and trots to the docks while the other two follow her.

________________

Dock 3

The three mares walk in and the docking union is trying to get the fire's out from the attack on the station... So none of them are singing. Rainbow flys into the air to look around for the Cargo from True Flight. Savannah kept her hooves firmly on the floor and blinks as she pushes Sugar out of the way of falling cargo crates from the shaking of the station. She gasped and gulps looking around fear in her eyes. Sugar Sparkle looked around to try to find the cargo but..she couldn't do much because of her legs. There was a large explosion near the docks and Sugar blinks and a large piece of shrapnel lodged in her bad legs but she doesn't feel it but blood drains from it. "Girls hurry!!"

Rainbow lifted up her wings to block the shrapnel to hide her face... But it didn't lodge in her wings just in her legs. Savannah danced around avoiding each shard and seems to just stand there after its all over... Seeing the fire rushing over nad grabbing a fire extinguisher and trying to get the fire out. Rainbow tabs the com. "Can you get the bay door's open and get some of our ships out there?!"

"NO the computer is not working!" Jigsaw yelled back

Rainbow growled and finally found the cargo box. She opened the case finding the rocks and the mist that went into the systems. She lifted up the com. "I found tell them if they stop firing on us... We will return them to them... We need to talk peacefully!!"

Another explosion hit and shards flew and a large shield hit in front of the three mares. Sebastion used his strange magic from his staff to block it. "I say...you better get those back to them."

Then the ships stop firing on the station and Jigsaw spoke. "They will come in and talk... But if we are lying they will blow us up." Sebastion nods and just simply walks away his staff clicking along the floor helping some of the wounded dock workers and trying to be useful this time around. Rainbow falls on her haunches and takes a deep breath. Savannah of course just stands there not breathing hard but..seems calm and looking around with her eyes.

"Hmm, peaceful now." She said calmly with a snort pawing the metal with her hoof. The Zebra mare looks around calmly. Looking back to Sugar and Rainbow. "I am going to check on the marketplace. You two take care of this." She trots off lifting her com. "Going to need many medics for the marketplace."

Sugar Sparkle sighs and she felt useless. Looking at the fact her legs are trapped in the wheelchair and looks to Rainbow who gave her friend a gentle nuzzle and smiles. "Come let's find the rest of these eggs and get ready to speak to them."

Sugar nods with a gentle smile.

____________

Conference room - two hours later

Around the station, the creature's that lay rocks are finally seen. They seem to be furry like creatures. That use interment's as weapons One uses a flute to remove all the gas from the eggs in the flute. Others in the station use a horn. It would take awhile to remove the gas and Rainbow sat at the table with the commander of the ship. "Forgive us miss Rainbow Cloud. Our King and Queen are the only ones allowed to breed. We call ourselves Ding sings. Our world is known as Luple."

Rainbow nods with a gentle smile.

"So what is your leaders take on Disharmony and Harmony." The commander blinks and chuckles. "We avoid that. But if you need different types of food drink and whatever... We will bring ambassadors to your station here... Always good to have an open trade relationship. So we can enjoy each others world." She smiles nodding.

"I fully agree. Now... I got a question..why do you eggs release that strange gas that makes everyone sing?" He laughs and shakes his head.

"Oddly it's not a gas it's how to tell if their warm or cold. When they get too cold they release that gas but it dosesn't affect us like it doses other creatures. I have never heard of a species singing and dancing that is interesting. But that gas is used to power our ships our cities. So the legs are forceably cold to give off the gas and then hatched after the power battles are filled."

Blinks. "Hmm, interesting... I would have to talk to Luna about this... See if we can update our systems. We use magic in our systems. It was never meant to be used in a station like this... But it takes awhile."

He nods. "Of course. All the eggs are onboard. Now we need to get back to our world. Oh, and next time..have your cargo flyers ask what are rocks and not rocks." He smirks and vanished in a beam of music. Rainbow leans back sighing and shaking her head. Closing her eyes as Jigsaw came in and she smiled.

Jig had a soft smile and nuzzled her gently. "Rainbow I got a message from Ember during all this. She said the resistance will be releasing all those secrets soon. She said to be ready for Equestrian to attack Equestrian." Rainbow nods and nuzzles him. "Maybe we should have the wedding sooner." He said nuzzling her again.

Rainbow nods. "I'd rather wait till Muffin is there to see it." Jig nods and trotted out. Rainbow leans back in her chair and closed her eyes tightly. She wonders where muffin is hoping she is alright.

__________

Marketplace.

It was a very normal time after all the craziness went down. River trotting around getting orders and for Charity. A com message came up and she turns it on. "Oh, Apple Core darling are you alright? I heard you were near one of the explosions." Apple Core on the com system chuckled and part of her face was covered with a bandage covering her left eye.

"Yes it wasn't pleasant but I had to be a strong cowgirl and not allow myself to fall to pain. So I helped other despite it. But... Charity they said I could have lost the entire left side of my face..if I didn't move quickly to the right." Charity blinks remembering her dream and then in the dream the cyborg side of Apple's face vanished and it's back to normal. One thing stopped but so many things needed to be stopped.

"That is good darling. Dinner tonight?" Apple Core nodded and turn off the com. She turned to see River and she smiled. "River darling you want to come and bring your family." River looks up with sadness in her eyes.

"I have no family... They were killed by Twilight and I escaped here... I know I said I had a family but I don't..have anyone." Charity frowns but smiles and lifts the little Zebra with her magic and hugs her. "If you wish I could adopt you as my little one?" River's eyes brighten and nods.

"I shall do that then. Now get back to work little one." She pushes her gently with her hoof and River rushes around gathering orders while Charity works on making the orders. Hoping Muffin will be back soon.

__________

Grey sector

Muffin was happy everything was back to normal. But she heard a stallion getting attacked and she rushed to go help and see two diamond dogs attacking him. They are about to stab him with a knife and then Muffin comes in and rushes to them to stop them and yells to the Stallion. "GO!!" She then gets hit and turns around trying to buck them they grab her and stab her right in the chest and they toss her to the ground and she tries to move, groaning. They run and laugh. She lifts her hoof. "HELP ME!!" The Stallion looks to her and shakes his head.

She groans. Yelling. "HELP!"

Nothing she just hears her echo and blood drains from her wound as she is now stuck and wounded. Not able to move so well. She tries to stand, groaning and then she looks up seeing herself and she comes over slapping her over the head and just stands there watching for the moment.

"Help me." The other her just snorts and leans on the wall. Watching her die.

Muffins story to be concluded in next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next