• Published 9th May 2015
  • 1,147 Views, 13 Comments

Love Will Go On And On - Sky_Jayne552



Based on two romantic stories. Over hundreds of years old, now told together with the romance of Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,147

Chapter 3

She ran, she was unsure where exactly where, but she couldn’t keep on going on with this life. She didn’t care about all the other ponies on deck, even if they did see her, no pony could stop her choice. Her eyes were full of tears as she pushed past obstacles and ponies, she didn’t notice the pony who did.

Soarin watched as Rainbow Dash ran across the deck. He was shocked that she would be out here so late, why wasn’t she at the party? He got up from his seat and slowly followed behind, hoping that she wouldn’t notice.

Would any pony notice this? She released her mane from her bow and wrapped it around her wings. Although flight would be impossible for the first few meters, she knew her wings would somehow try to save her. She slowly started to climb over the rail. She looked down at the ground below, hard, cold, and painful. She closed her eyes, prepared to let go when-

“Don’t do it,” some pony said quickly.

She turned around; the pony behind her looked familiar, yet different. She shook her thoughts away; she wanted to have a clear mind when she did this.

“Go away,”

Soarin smiled slightly.

“I can’t, I’m involved, and I can’t stand by.”

“Well, you aren’t going to change my mind, I will jump.”

“You would of already,”

She turned her head, as if he had said one of the most insulting things ever.

“Well, maybe I’m waiting to say my last words, but I can’t with you here.”

“Who would hear them?” he asked as he walked towards her, leaning on the rail beside her. “You know if you jump, I’ll jump too.”

“You’re crazy; you wouldn’t be able to get on the ship again.”

“I wouldn’t be able to see my sister again either, she’ll probably have to stay with my friends, wondering why and where. Reason being you jump.”

She stared back at him, why was he going to risk this?

“Well, that’s your choice.”

“You know it won’t be as quick as you think, it isn’t as high as that, you’ll survive, barely though. Your bones will probably break, leaving you in the middle of the country, no pony to help. Your pains staying for days until you die of hunger.”

That got her scared.

“How do you know?”

“I know my altitude, plus good eyesight. I also want to mention that I am much better at stunts than racing. I’d have to stop flying to keep up with you, hey; maybe I won’t catch you and fall too? Well, I guess we could keep each other company until one of us dies, considering all I had was an apple I’ll probably die first.”

How as he so calm when talking about death? It was as confusing as why the rich only cared about money, but, logical, as if the answer was written in front of her yet she couldn’t even read.

“I,” she whispered.

“I’m sort of hoping you’ll come over the rail and let me have another apple… once I find one.”

Rainbow Dash looked down, then back into his green eyes. Soarin smiled, he reached out his hoof, as if telling her she had a choice. She nodded slightly, as if she expected him to know what to do. He slowly took her hoof, using his other to untie the ribbon around her wings; she turned once her wings were free.

“Name’s Soarin Skies,” he said, “You never asked earlier.” She thought he meant when he first came up to her, though he was actually referring to when they danced.

“Rainbow Dash,” she replied.

“Cool name, very fitting.” He chuckled, she smiled back. “Nice necklace.”

Rainbow Dash hadn’t noticed her necklace was still around her neck.

“Don’t think about stealing it.” She laughed. Soarin began to pull her over the rail, as she climbed over; she slipped on her long dress. She screamed as her grip on the rail fell, the only thing keeping her on was Soarin’s hoof.

“Don’t drop me,” she cried. Using both hooves, he held onto her.

“Don’t worry,” he said, though it was clear he was panicking, “I’ll never let go.”

She looked up at him with hope. She tried to climb onto the bars; her dress wasn’t doing any help though.

“Stupid dress!” she yelled in annoyance as she continued to climb up the railing, Soarin trying his best to pull her up. As her body leaned over the railing, she fell on top of the stallion with a squeal. The two blushed as they realised just how close together they were, slowly moving away, yet never losing eye contact. As the two stood up, they soon realized that Rainbow’s scream didn’t go unheard. Two Wonderbolts arrived at the scene, one of them a white stallion with an orange and grey mane, the other being none other than Spitfire, the captain of the Wonderbolts AND ship. They were soon followed by Rarity, a mare called Twilight and Thunder Lane, they all looked shocked, except Thunder Lane who was furious.

“What do you think you’re doing with my wife?!” his voice filled with anger.

Soarin, was too scared to speak, all he did was change his view from the mare to the stallion, to the mare to the stallion, to the mare to the stallion. Rainbow Dash looked sadly at the ground, but this went unnoticed, except for Soarin.

“Thunder Lane,” she muttered.

“Do you have any idea who she is?!”

“Thunder Lane,” she said again, this time at normal volume.

“Do you have any idea who I am?!”

“Thunder Lane!” she shouted, this time getting every pony’s attention. “It was an accident; I wanted to stretch my wings with a quick fly, when I forgot the flight lockdown. If Mr. Skies here hadn’t saved me I would have been stuck outside of the ship.”

Twilight smiled.

“Well, the boys a hero,” she beamed.

Thunder Lane said nothing; he simply helped Rainbow Dash up, putting a wing around her. As the high sophisticated group left, Spitfire walked up to him.

“Good instincts.” She said. “Almost good enough for her.” She winked, pointing at Rainbow Dash.

Soarin fell down onto the bench in exhaustion, trying to wrap his mind around what had just happened, Rainbow Dash never leaving his thoughts. Yes he had already danced with her, yet, it was if they had just met. He had been himself, not hidden behind a mask. He smiled at the memory of her; he had sensed her personality hidden in her words, spoken by her raspy, yet hypnotic voice. He was brought back to reality as he felt something next to him. He lifted his hoof, which was holding her ribbon which had flown onto the bench before. He held it closely, cherishing it. He smiled at the thought of meeting her again.

Author's Note:

Wow, I just know noticed that in the last SoarinDash story I wrote (On wattpad) Rainbow Dash was poor and Soarin was rich, what a twist?:applejackunsure:
So I just realized that the necklace comes after the suicide, but who cares, ORIGANALITY-ISH! (NOT REALLY (ANYWAY)). So, life, and confusion, also I am writing another fanfic, which I was too lazy to make art for so I just got a pic from the show, fitting anyway.
The cute moments in which I find it so embarrassing to write. If you think this relationship was rushed, go watch a billion Disney Classics. Then read Romeo and Juliet, and watch Titanic, then remember I based this of them.

Comments ( 6 )

This is getting adorbs

I really love this story. Please continue.:heart::twilightsmile::heart:
I want to know what's gonna happen next:pinkiehappy: cause I never watched Titanic before:scootangel: and this story's interesting for me.
Well not to mention that reading Soarindash fics is so awesome!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

What was the story on Wattpad called

I really love this story.. :pinkiehappy:
7006054
It's called Ever After (based on Cinderella)

7035295 Oh yeah
I already read that story:pinkiehappy:!!!! WHY WONT THE AUTHOR UPDATE???:flutterrage::raritycry:

Login or register to comment