• Published 9th May 2015
  • 1,148 Views, 13 Comments

Love Will Go On And On - Sky_Jayne552



Based on two romantic stories. Over hundreds of years old, now told together with the romance of Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,148

Chapter 1

Rainbow Dash sighed as she exited the carriage. She wore a simple lilac dress, although many ponies would be honoured to wear such a thing, but the cyan pegasus found it a waste of time. She looked at the crowd of ponies who had parted to let her carriage through. She rolled her eyes as her husband walked out of the carriage. Thunder Lane stood with pride in his black tux.

The couple looked up at the flying ship, meters from the ground now but soon will be flying in the sky.

"What do you think my dear?" Thunder Lane asked his wife. She looked back at him with a plain expression.

"I don't see why we can't just fly on our own."

"Well, you’re very hard to impress, aren't you?" he laughed as he stroked her mane. She felt her body stiffen, he was her husband yet his touch never felt right.

A stallion came up to them; he was wearing a red uniform and moving a small wagon for their bags.

"Where would you like these sir?" he asked.

"In Room 552." Thunder said pointing to the piles of bags pilled on the carriage, and also another carriage with even more. The stallion gulped as he started to climb the back of the vehicle. As Rainbow Dash and Thunder Lane walked towards the building, the stallion was shocked when the luggage was encased with a blue aura.

"Let, me handle it dear." said a white unicorn. "It's my job to care for Rainbow on her trip to the Crystal Empire anyways."

"Thank you miss."


Soarin strapped his saddle bag onto him as a small blue filly began to walk towards him, her green eyes focussed on a book she was reading.

"What ya reading sis?" he asked.
Sky looked up.

"Just the physics of Cloudsdale, apparently they have this flight lockdown which stops intruders flying in without a ticket and the relax pegasi and alicorn wings when out in the open."

"Interesting, want to see it up close?"
Sky beamed as she hopped onto the stallions back as he spread his wings and flew out of the door. As they flew through the air, Sky brought up a conversation.

"What do you want to achieve in the Crystal Empire?" she asked.

"Well, the Wonderbolts will be commanding the ship. If I get a job there we can survive better and I can live my dream."

"I'm sure you'll get in."

"Thanks Sky."
Sky smiled as she looked ahead. She gasped as she saw the beautiful cloud ship; she had recognised it from the book.

"Did you know that the clouds are especially designed to hold non-pegasi types?”

“No, but I’m sure it would be interesting to see earth ponies and unicorns walking freely on clouds.”

“Yeah,” Sky’s smile disappeared as she noticed one by one, the paths to the cloud city disappeared.

“SOARIN! GO FASTER THEIR LEAVING!” she screamed.

Soarin flew as fast as he could to the ground and ran to the last pathway. Before the two could get on, they were stopped by a grey pegasus stallion.

“Tickets please?” Sky passed them to the stallion who looked over them and the ponies. The stallion nodded as the two pegasi jumped onto the soft clouds. The stallion closed the gate as the ship began to levitate.

Every pony who made it to the railing waved at the crowd of ponies. Rainbow Dash looked through her window at the smiling ponies, their lives a challenge yet they get to live it. Her eyes looked passed a light blue stallion and filly pushing their way to the very front of Cloudsdale. The front was pointed like a ship would be, each cloud designed in such a way it was a ship of skies. Sky waved at the crowds of ponies with one hoof on the railing. Soarin raised his eyebrow.
“Do you know any pony?” he asked.
“Nope!” She smiled as Soarin joined in on the waving.
“Canterlot, I’ll never forget you!” he laughed.

The ponies below thought that they ponies above them were so lucky, yet in reality, those ponies below were the lucky ones…they just didn’t know it.


Rainbow Dash and her servant Fluttershy were going through her luggage, the majority of them being Wonderbolt or Daring Do related. Thunder Lane rolled his eyes as he walked into the room.

“Really Rainbow, why do you read such fiction and not reality?”

“Reality is boring; I wish I could live the adventures of Daring Do. Reading these is as close as I’m goanna get.”

The couple looked as Fluttershy struggled to carry a large green safe. Worry came over the male pegasus as she dropped it. She gasped as Thunder Lane came rushing over, just in time to catch the heavy thing.

“You know what? Let me carry it.”
Fluttershy nodded shyly as she walked out of the room.

“You don’t have to be so hard on her, just because she’s free to make her own choices.” Rainbow Dash mumbled.
This ship was supposed to be the ship of skies, clouds and dreams, but to her it was just another ship, bringing her to another formal event that would not change her life one bit. Her soul was a prison in her body and every pony made sure she never escaped.


Soarin and Sky ran through the corridors of the ship, searching for their room. It wasn’t long before the pair started counting.

“36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42!” they cheered as they slipped into the room.

There was another group of earth ponies sharing the same room, a stallion, mare and filly. The stallion was rather big and was apple red with an orange mane. The mare looked a lot like the stallion, presumably his sister; she was orange with freckles, a cowboy hat sitting on her blonde mane. The filly looked ten; her coat was yellow, a pink bow tying her red mane.

“Howdy there partner.” The mare greeted.

“Hi,” Soarin replied taking his saddle bag off.

“I’m Apple Jack,” she pointed to the stallion. “This here is ma brother Big Macintosh.”

The filly went up to Sky.

“Hi, I’m Apple Bloom.”
Soarin smiled.
“Well, I’m Soarin and this is my little sister Sky Jayne, or Sky.”
“Well, ya’ll wanna hang with us tomorrow tonight?” Apple Jack asked.
“Sure, why not?” he turned to his sister, her smile full of excitement. “Wanna go to the front again?”
She nodded enthusiastically. The two raced out of the room and made their way to the deck.
“Wonder what happened to their parents,” Big Macintosh muttered.

Soarin and Sky stared down and the ground below, green and brown fields. Soarin stood at the very point.
“I’m King of The World!” he yelled, although the only one who heard him was his giggling sister. She stared at the birds flying by, it was amazing.
“Look at that one!” she cried, Soarin looked at what she was pointing at, he smiled.


Rainbow Dash sat among the many high ponies, her mind not focusing on any of their conversations. A recently rich pony named Rarity sat next to her; she looked slightly concerned but shook the thought away. Rainbow Dash noticed the jug of apple cider, only a few centimetres away. She reached for the jug and poured herself a glass, before she could take a sip; her mother looked shocked at her.

“Rainbow Dash, don’t you know what that does to you?” Firefly said. Rainbow stared at her as Thunder Lane took her glass away.

“She knows.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes and stood up.

“Excuse me,” she said as she left the room.


Soarin sketched certain positions of a flight performance, planning his audition for the Wonderbolts when they got to the Crystal Empire. Sky was playing a game of tag with Apple Bloom.

“Tag!” Apple Bloom cried as she tapped Sky on the shoulder.

Soarin smiled at the two fillies. He saw Apple Jack walk over to him.

“How’s it going?” she asked.

“Fine,” Soarin asked “hey, I was wondering, do you know if Canterlot pegasi made this?”

“What? No way, this is made of 100% Ponyville folk. That’s where I’m from, visiting family in the Crystal Empire. “Why are you here partner?”

Soarin was silent, he wasn’t even looking at her, she looked to where the stallion was looking. His eyes were focused on a cyan mare standing on the upper level with a flowing rainbow mane and sparkling magenta eyes, two wings poked through her purple gown. Apple Jack smirked at Soarin.

“Looks like some pony’s got a crush.”
Soarin blushed when he heard this, even more when he heard Sky and Apple Bloom’s giggles. Though he didn’t stop staring at her, she was beautiful. He was shocked when he noticed her eyes were locked with his. She looked away as a dark grey pegasus wearing a black tux walk up to her angrily. Soarin saw them arguing from afar, though he couldn’t hear them.

“Sorry partner,” Apple Jack started, “looks like she’s taken.”
Soarin looked confused, but then saw the wedding ring on her hoof. He sighed as she walked away, both in sadness and delight.

Author's Note:

First of all, this is based on two stories. One of them being my least favourite historic story... Romeo & Juliet.
I don't mean I don't like the story itself, but the fact that it is used way to much! It gets boring after a while...so I hope that this isn't going to be as boring as the films.
Oh yeah, the other story is Titanic, and yes it is a SoarinDash fanfiction and I died when I added Thunder Lane into this, I'M SORRY! And I am goanna keep writing this no matter what you guys think.
Also please don't hate me for putting my own OC in this, but my OC is Soarin's sister and I didn't want to put Soarin's friend in this because it would of been too similar to Titanic.