• Published 16th Apr 2015
  • 25,760 Views, 436 Comments

Chaos is Displaced. The Tale of Loki! - Mega NewWays97



A displaced tale with a twist. Going as a character already in MLP.What could go wrong? Read and find out in this displaced with a twist.

  • ...
110
 436
 25,760

Rainbow Rocks... With Loki

Loki looked though the bookshelves in the Canterlot library. After putting the guard to sleep he went looking for the book he needed. “Found it!” With that he teleported out of there heading for the new castle of friendship.

He appeared in his room of the castle. "Hey Twilight." He said.

Twilight walked into the room. "Loki, what is it?"

Loki turned to her. "Sirens, Sunset read now."

Twilight picked up the book and blinked as she read it. "Well how are we going to get there, the mirror doesn't open for a while?" Twilight wondered aloud, thinking for a moment she had an idea. "I could try forcing the portal open."

He then looked at the book and back to Twilight. "Actually, I've got a safer idea. This book was able to send a message between the two dimensions. Maybe if we used it as a catalyst we could bypass the portal's reliance on the lunar cycles" Loki explained. Once he was finished his explanation Twilight's wings flared up. She then noticed her condition and blushed a little. Loki then smirked and asked, "I take it you like it when I break out the science talk?"

"Maybe," she admitted, "but let's not focus on that and work on the portal now."

"Sounds good to me, I can't wait to see your human look again," Loki said with a smile.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited. It'll be nice to be the same species as you, even for a little while. Also, it'll be good to see those girls again. Actually, we should visit them when they don't have a crisis to deal with, next time."

"Sounds good to me. Now let's do some science!" Loki called out as he snapped his talons causing a lab coat and goggles to appear on him.

Loki pulled out the magic mirror and with the book and strange theories and writing the portal got working. "Ladies first." Loki said. Twilight passed through then Loki. At Canterlot High Sunset and the human five saw the mirror flash as Twilight appeared and Loki alongside her. "We're back." Loki said with a smile.

"Twilight it’s good to see you." Sunset said.

Loki pulled out something from his jacket. "Juice anyone?" Loki asked. The offer of juice from the reality warper wasn't taken up until Pinkie pie raised her hand. Loki tossed her one.

"You won't believe what happened in Equestria while you were away Sunset, Tirek came and I died then came back and we beat him to death." Loki finished.

"What, you died?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Loki then noticed the looks of shock on their faces and said, "I got better." Twilight turned to Loki with a slight frown.

"Could you please not treat that like some joke? I was terrified when I thought I'd lost you." Loki flinched when she said that.

"Okay, the last thing I want to do is to hurt you."

"I know, now let's deal with these sirens," Twilight told him as she took his hand in her own. Rarity smiled as she looked at the two of them.

"It seems you two are even closer than when we last saw you. I can almost hear the wedding bells for the both of you."

"Yeah, it sounds like everything's going great for you," Sunset said with a forced grin. This didn't go unnoticed by Loki and tried to help cheer her up.

"Hey, I know things have probably been tough on you. Just don't give up. Sometimes redemption can feel like it's impossible to earn, but you've gotta keep trying. I actually thought Twilight would never forgive me after a mistake I made."

"What did you do?" Pinkie pie asked. Loki gave a nervous laugh. "You know how I can warp reality? Well I kinda can use that to change my form and I kinda took the form of a Unicorn called Best Seller for months until the crystal empire she learned the truth... and I turned the city into a huge mech and then fought Sombra." Loki answered. Rainbow Dash found the mech part awesome.

"After that we kinda had a minor falling out and if it wasn't for the whole Sombra horn I ate causing me to go evil for a bit until she broke the curse with a kiss, and well we’re together." Twilight decided to switch this conversation.

"Well, I think we should get to work," Twilight said.

"Sounds good to me," Loki answered. "Now, let's see if we can deal with these three quickly."

“Yeah! Now that you two are here we can just zap 'em with that rainbow magic blast thing!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"Alright, so does anyone know where the three of these sirens are?" Loki asked. The six girls looked between each with an embarrassed look.

"Uh, not really we kind of lost track of them after their appearance in the cafeteria," Sunset admitted.

"Ooh, but I know where they'll be!" Pinkie cheered. "There's going to be a party for all of the bands in the competition. They're bound to show up there."

"Okay, then we're going to attend that party and use the power of the elements on them," Twilight concluded.

'The travel to the other universe woke me up so tell me who am I in this world? An emperor?' Discord asked. Loki had a mental smile.

'A janitor.' Loki answered.

“WHAT! Me a janitor? I don't believe it!" Discord screamed. Loki sighed in his mind. 'Also why don't you just snap your fingers and be done with it?' Discord asked.

"Wait why doesn’t he just use his powers to be done with it?" Rainbow Dash asked pointing at Loki. Loki blinked.

"I honestly could do that but I have no idea what they look like."

"Is that true Loki?" Twilight asked with a stern look. Loki flinched as he realized that Twilight might have seen through him. "

Uh oh, looks like the significant other is on your case," Discord teased.

'Now is not the time Discord,' Loki shot back at the god he was forced to share a head-space with. 'I actually have a plan this time, but it's not ready yet and I don't want Twilight to know about it.'

"Well, sounds like you're playing a risky game," Discord told him with a chuckle.

'I don't need to be reminded, Discord.' "Of course not Twilight," He said aloud with a slightly strained smile. "I've learned my lesson after the last time I lied to you."

"Uh huh, let's just get ready for this party," Twilight sighed, not fully convinced.

Loki was finishing his plans while the band played he would add in a little something. 'It’s a good thing you read Friendship is magic and know their origins.' Discord said. Loki blinked.

'How did you...' Discord had a smile.

“I read your memories..... really? My little pony: Friendship is magic? That’s what my world is called? Also that's how you know so much about the future.... You saw it on a TV.” Discord said. He looked over the memories. 'I must say these fanfics really are bad.... me and Celestia? Fluttershy? Twilight? Luna? Oh my Chaos your world is a horrible place.' Discord said.

'Discord, what did I tell you about poking through my head?' Loki asked irritably. "Well I can't really help it considering we're fused together now." 'Well you'd better cut it out,' Loki warned him. "Oh really, and what will you do to me if I don't?" Discord chuckled. 'Something excruciatingly terrible. Something so awful that I dare not say it aloud.'

"You're bluffing," Loki then started showing Discord images and started playing music that made Discord start to sweat. Eventually, Discord cracked from the short exposure to the atrocities Loki had shown him. "Oh dear sweet chaos! make it stop! Make it stop! Okay, okay I'll never look through your memories again, just please make it stop!" Loki did as Discord asked and let out a sigh.

'I tried to warn you, now let's get ready for this.'

Loki gave a thank you to Justin Bieber the demon he was. Loki was finishing up his magical theory plans. He could alter the spell as they use it. The door opened up as he saw Sunset.

"So, who was Tirek?" Sunset asked. Loki raised an eyebrow at this.

"Why are you asking?" Loki stated. "Trying to start a conversation." Sunset said.

"Tirek was an ancient Centaur prince who drained magic by the time I faced him I had five elements of Disharmony and he held all the magic in Equestria, the Alicorns included and I went to fight him, I held my ground as did he me when my Elements surge gave off he took my vast reserves of magic then powerless he let loose a blast that literally destroyed my atoms.... then I unlocked the last element came back to life and with the other elements gaining the rainbow power returned all the magic he stole as a side note I think I could tap into that form now."

Sunset was at a loss for words on what to say about that. Loki didn't have the same problem though. "So, how are things with the girls going?" Sunset let out a long sigh at that.

"I honestly don't really know. I sometimes think things would be better if I was still the bitch I had been when I tried to take over the school."

"I understand, but believe me when I say that you can't give up."

"I know, I was just thinking out loud. So, let's change the topic from something depressing. What is it like to have all of Discord's powers?" Sunset asked with a good natured chuckle.

"Honestly, it's pretty cool. I mean, sometimes think it would be easier just to be a pony, but hey I make do. Anyway, it's almost time for the battle of the bands. I've got to go cheer on my girlfriend."

Loki watched as things went with the bands as they appeared. Of course he laughed at Twilight’s first failed attempt before snapping his fingers and summoning a camera to record this with a laugh. Loki then appeared he held in his hands something. "Here to defeat them you need music this should channel the magic needed." Loki said handing them his spell. "Also now I got something to keep at home." Loki said with the camera. "I wonder if I should show this..." Twilight slapped it out of his hand. "Hey what's that for?" He asked.

"I don't want you to show that to anyone!" She cried. "Also, what do you mean we need to use music?"

"Well, for some reason their music-based magic seems to be working just fine, so maybe you should try music in order to access yours," Loki suggested.

"What about you?" Pinkie asked. "Aren't you going to help us?"

"Well, I am helping. My chaos magic by itself isn't very good for purifying things. So I figured I'd sit on the sidelines and help you by giving you little things to help."

"Okay, but why did you record us just now?" Twilight asked with a cross look. "Uhh," Loki faltered trying to think of an excuse. "Discord made me do it," he finally said. "I most certainly did not!" Discord huffed inside his head. "Loki, I'm not buying it," Twilight stated firmly.

Loki teleported away. "Loki come back her!" However Loki wasn't gone. He was invisible.

"Damn it Discord." Loki said his voice was silenced.

"Want did I do?' Discord asked. Loki sighed as the girls stopped looking for him.

"Well at least he gave us a way to stop them." Twilight answered.

"Ok so we need to get musical instruments and we can stop them." Sunset said as she read everything over.

Loki hid over before a flash the instruments appeared for them. With a tag that said 'From Loki be sure to use these I made them to focus your magic to a point.' Unknown to them Loki had another spell written into it.

"Well that will help them." Loki said. '

Who them or the Sirens?' Discord asked.

'Both.'

"I keep telling you that you're playing a dangerous game here," Discord told him.

'I know, but you know what will happen if I don't interfere. I don't think the sirens deserve that, they can't help what they are,' Loki told him firmly.

"Oh, I agree with you, I was just making sure you understood the implications of your actions."

'Wait, you agree with me on this? That's pretty surprising for a lord of chaos.'

"Well, I understand being locked away for a long time, so I guess I feel some sympathy for them."

'That's good to hear Discord. So, now that we've given the girls their instruments, do you think we should go talk to the Dazzlings?' Loki asked.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

'Not really, but it does sound like fun.' Loki replied.

Loki himself found the tree sirens. "Well give me a moment.... Sirens, Adagio, Sonata, Aria." Loki said.

"Who are you?" Adagio asked. Loki rolled his eyes. He pulled out a coin this is a coin." He flipped it and it became a cookie in the air. "Now it's a cookie and now it's gone." It was gone. However his hands became talon and paw. It was a cue the three sirens suddenly realized who they were speaking with. "Discord?" Sonata said with some fear at him. After all they knew of the reality warping being who simply walked into Equestria and took it over.

"You’re close I'm his successor, Loki."

"Well why don't you come to the battle of the bands then?" Adagio asked. Loki gave it a thought being sure to use his paw.

"I might just take you up on that offer." Loki answered. With a snap he gave them chocolate. "I’m off little Sirens." With a flash he was gone. He however appeared in the park. "I just realize I don't know about this town." However a scream was heard behind him. It was Twilight this world's Twilight. "Oh crap." Loki said.

Is that Twilight of this dimension?' Discord asked.

'Yes she most likely sees of as an Advanced Alien and not a reality warping god. Now, I wonder...'

"Loki, I know where you're going with that and I suggest you stop." Discord stated interrupting him.

'B-but she has the lab coat, glasses and to top it all off the hair bun. How could I resist that?' Loki whined.

'Then just have the Equestrian Twilight wear those things later!"

'But what if...'

"Just stop, this is not a conversation I want to have ever. Oh, and we should say something, we've been quiet for a little while and she's still staring at us."

Loki looked down at the other Twilight and didn't know what to do. In the end he just called out, "Klaatu barada nikto!" He then tried to teleport away but the other Twilight tried to stop him.

"Wait! I have so many questions for you!" Loki then made the mistake of looking at the face the human Twilight was giving him.

So instead he did the only logical thing. "Discord you’re in charge.' Loki said as he in his mental landscape pushed the older god into control. Discord teleported away as he found the Twilight from their world’s signature. He appeared and in the mental landscape grabbed Loki by the neck and tossed him back into control.

'Let’s never do that again.' Discord said.

"Agreed.” Loki answered.

"Loki where have you been?" Twilight asked. "I kinda found this world’s version of you... also Spike’s an actual dog." Loki said. Twilight blinked with this.

"Well what did she look like?" Twilight asked. Loki blinked and with a snap Twilight outfit was changed to her human world version.

"Something like this," Loki said as he looked at Twilight with a smile. Twilight looked herself over and regarded Loki with a curious expression.

"Was it really necessary to change my clothes like this?"

"Yes, for reasons," Loki answered with a slight nod.

"So, did you say anything to her?" Pinkie asked.

"Just one thing, but it was nonsensical."

"Really?" Sunset asked. "I would've thought that you would find it interesting to talk to your girlfriend's counterpart."

"Well, if she's anything like my girlfriend then she would start asking me all sorts of questions, and I don't know how long I could go before she asked me something I shouldn't answer. And considering she looks and sounds like my Twilight I don't know if I'd be able to refuse answering her," Loki said with a weak chuckle.

As they started the whole battle of the bands Loki looked out from the side lines. He used his magic every now and again. For treats or to get the bad bands off the stage. The sirens were after all winning. He recalled the issue here and remembering not even Star Swirl could stop them in music.

As the final battle was coming up the Dazzlings and the Rainbooms Loki readied as the Sirens summoned there forms in magic and the rainbooms summoned an Alicorn. With a snap however the blast wasn't from an Alicorn. It shifted and changed until it was a Draconequus. The chaos being beat them back as they landed. Of course Twilight realized what had just happened.

Her eye twitched for a moment before she took a deep breath and calmly let it out. "Loki could I talk to you for a second?" She asked seemingly calmly. Loki heard her and flinched a little as he teleported to her side with a dejected look on his face.

"Uhh what is it, Twilight?" He asked with a weak smile.

"Don't give me that, do you care to explain what you just did?" Twilight asked with quiet anger.

"Uhh, would you believe me if I told you that wasn't me?" Twilight just glared at Loki for a while before he shrank slightly. "Okay to be honest I used those instruments I gave you to channel my own magic into your spell and change things up a bit."

"And why would you do that?" Rarity asked.

Loki turned on his heel. "Well I decided to do something about their magic." Loki said walked away a bit. "You see Star Swirl attempted to fight them at their own game but always failed however the reason he did was because he was attempting to reform beings who’s magic made it impossible, so I simply did the most logical thing." He turned back. "I used the spell to reverse their magic’s effect they now undo conflict and feed on that instead of cause conflict pretty smart right?" Loki asked with a smile. Twilight had to admit. It was very brilliant. She probably would have attempted to destroy their magic.

"Okay, but why didn't you tell me about that?" Twilight asked. "I would've been glad to help you with that." Loki had to admit that he really had made a habit of doing things behind Twilight's back. That wouldn't be such a bad thing, except the two of them were dating. Communication and trust are supposed to be a given with that. And he didn't really have a good reason for it. It wasn't to protect the timeline considering he had already torn the show's timeline to teeny tiny shreds. He let out a long sigh as he slowly landed on the ground in front of Twilight.

"You're right Twilight. I really should've talked to you about my plans. I'm sorry, the next time I think up a crazy scheme, I'll tell you about it. You can even get involved with one of my little plots if you like," Loki told her.


As they both had their little moment they soon saw the sirens ran off they went back though the mirror with Sunset deciding to send friendship reports back to Twilight.