• Published 16th Apr 2015
  • 25,553 Views, 436 Comments

Chaos is Displaced. The Tale of Loki! - Mega NewWays97



A displaced tale with a twist. Going as a character already in MLP.What could go wrong? Read and find out in this displaced with a twist.

  • ...
110
 436
 25,553

The Tree of Harmony

The summer sun celebration was soon to be. Twilight walked with her friends and her Coltfriend (who took on his Unicorn from) There was a stain glass image of her ascension. Loki was seen at the top eyes closed as he watched below with Best Seller inside him. Another image showed Super Crystal Empire Mecha Force battling Sombra’s mecha with her racing with the heart.

"So then it’s time for the celebration that made you all friends." Loki said.

"Yeah, though I'm still not sure about being a princess," Twilight said. "I mean, I still can't control my wings." This statement was punctuated by Twilight's wings flaring up on her. "Ugh, why can't these things just won’t' stay down!" She cried as she tried to put her wings down with a hoof.

"Hey, don't worry about this so much," Loki reassured as he used his magic to put Twilight's wings down. "This is a big change in your life. You literally have new appendages and muscles that you need to figure out how to use. Just think of this like when you were learning how to use magic."

"Thanks Loki, though it's not just the wings I'm worried about. I still don't know what being a princess will mean for the other aspects of my life. I have no idea what my responsibilities will be now."

"Just remember this Twilight," Loki started with a warm smile. "Whatever your life throws at you now, you have me and the rest of your friends to help you whenever you need us."

A clock appeared out of nowhere with words saying something in an unknown language. "Well it seems we’re needed for the summer sun celebration." Loki said revealing that the other elements were needed by the town of Ponyville. Loki was needed as well for three reasons. One, ice from his windigo. Two his shop was going to be there, three to keep Discord from turning the town into a giant robot.

"Honestly Discord seems jealous of me for some reason." Loki said.

Back in his room Discord was finishing plans for his newest creation. "I will turn the whole Star System into a giant mech then blast Loki with my Chaosness."

Loki then shrugged it off, 'Oh well, it's not like he's really going to try anything. Even if he beats me Twilight and the girls still have access to the elements, so they can still take care of him. Wait a minute, something about that doesn't seem totally right about that. Let's see, Summer Sun Celebration, Newly crowned Princess Twilight...' Loki's thoughts came to a screeching halt as he realized what was about to happen. 'Oh crap in a hand basket. That thing with the vines is about to happen. Okay, what should I do here? Do I let things play out and risk Discord doing something, or do I try to stop it and take on Tirek by myself if he does show up. Okay, let's think this one through.' A few moments later Loki created a coin with his magic.

The coined landed on do nothing. Loki wondered if this was even the right idea.

"Well I made my choice I better keep it." Loki said. Him and the other elements wielders walked off into the train. "We'll see you back in ponyvile." Loki said as they t.

Applejack turned to Loki. "Hey Loki, ya tossed a coin, ya know somethin’ comin’ right?" Applejack asked.

Loki turned to the other mares. The coin was altered by his magic. "Well it landed on Keep Discord from doing something stupid."

The cover seemed believable after all he was able to lie like Discord.

"Alright, Ah hope ya keep a real close eye on 'im. Ah think Discord is awfully sore that ya beat him in that fight."

"Yeah, but he has made things more interesting around the shop. On the downside, he's also been making Nyx sweets whenever she wants. If he keeps it up I might have a balloon instead of a daughter." Loki said with a chuckle.

"I don't think you have to worry about that," Twilight started. "I've seen the way that girl eats without Discord's help. I'm pretty sure she has a blackhole for a stomach."

"You make a good point. Alright, I have to head back to Ponyville. Are you sure you don't need my help with your duties here?" Loki asked.

"I'll be fine, I think it's best if I do this on my own."

"Alright, but if you need my help you know how to contact me."

"I'll be fine, now go. You don't want to leave Nyx with Trixie and Discord for too long."

The train took off to Ponyvile. However after a few momentd Loki flashed and came to his home/shop. Once he was there he saw Trixie was looking at the newest book.

"Let’s see." Trixie attempted the spell causing a double of Trixie to appear. "Yes the illusion spell works." Discord room showed him writing something about the star system. Nyx was outside with the CMC as they fought clouds going for their cloud cutie marks. Frieza was in his pen which happened to have been frozen into ice. Loki took on his true from. However he looked up after a while to see the sun and moon both up at once. He sighed as he saw the vines.

"Discord come here for a moment." Loki said.

"What is it Loki?" Discord asked even though he knew what Loki was going to say when he saw him looking out at the vines.

"I just have to know, what was going through your head when you planted these seeds to choke the life out of the Tree of Harmony?" Discord flinched as he tried to come up with an explanation.

"Uh, what do you mean by that?" He asked trying to play dumb.

"Well, I was asking because from everything I've ever read about magical physics suggests that the various energies exist in balance with each other. And seeing as the Tree of Harmony is the ultimate manifestation of harmony. And you're this world's ultimate manifestation of chaos. What do you think would happen if the tree suddenly died?" Loki asked evenly.

"I suppose I don't really know."

Loki was about to continue as Discord was dragged by harmonic magic to another location. Loki teleported to find the main six with the elements with the vines all around.

"Discord I know you have something to do with this what are you planning?" Twilight asked.

"These are Discord’s little insurance plan from a thousand years ago." Loki said as he walked up. "These vines are attacking something at the heart of the Everfree forest, the source of the Elements of Harmony." Loki started looking at Discord. "The Tree of Harmony, if it dies it wouldn't be long before the elements lose their powers."

"So the elements are what? Fruit?" Rainbow dash asked.

"Well yes they are in a sense." Loki answered.

"Then we'd better hurry up and save that tree!" Rainbow Dash called out as she motioned for the group to charge into the Everfree Forest.

"Good luck all of you," Discord said as he started to wave.

"Aren't you coming with us?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, you've already got one chaos being to help you along the way. I'll stay behind and help prune these vines from here." Twilight and Loki just rolled their eyes at Discord's excuse.

"Oh please, you're probably just going to keep working on whatever plan you were working on to try and get back at Loki" Twilight said with a huff.

"I wouldn't worry too much about him. I'm pretty sure I can handle his little plan." Loki replied with a chuckle. "He'll probably just make a mech out of the solar system. He's running out of good ideas," he whispered to Twilight. This caused her to giggle a little and with that they headed off into the Everfree.

"Ok then so what does this tree even look like?" Rainbow dash asked.

"It’s more crystal-like, it has three symbols on it, the sun moon and the star of magic however these vines would be wrapped around it slowly killing it." Loki finished. As they got deeper inside the forest the vines got thicker. Loki used his powers to help them until they came to a tear in the ground. "We’re here." In a flash they came to the bottom, there with the vines wrapped around it was the Tree of Harmony. "If we can give it back the elements it should be able to destroy the vines." However at that moment the vines shot out at them. Loki unleashed his magic but it only caused them to move back for a moment. "Crap they’re using the tree’s own magic against me. Hurry, give the tree the elements I'll take care of this." Loki commanded.

"What about you?" Twilight asked as Loki dodged a vine and slashed at it with magic enhanced talons.

"Don't worry about me, just save that tree!" He called out as a vine tried to wrap around his neck.

Twilight nodded as she took the jewels from all of the elements causing them to spin around her as she charged toward the tree. Just as she was about to reach it a group of vines wrapped around her. Loki's eyes went wide as he used his full strength to break the vine at his throat and rushed to free his significant other. Loki made it to Twilight's side at breakneck speeds and did his best to help free her. Their combined effort made short work of the black mass and Twilight finally managed to place the elements back into the tree.

The tree gave off a massive blast as the vines were seen breaking up into nothing but light. Discord who was leaning on the vines saw as they disappeared.

"Oh well." Discord said. Back at the tree it returned to normal however inside its trunk was something a box. The mane six and Loki walked up to it.

"What is this?" Twilight asked.

"This box is both a puzzle and a gift." Loki answered. "If you can figure it out the tree will reward you with something." Loki answered. However right as Loki said that he felt something within him spring out. Six gems the elements of Disharmony they circled around him and one of them glowed. After that they returned to his body. Loki blinked. "Seems I to have my own puzzle to solve." Loki said looking himself over.

"What was that?" Rainbow dash asked.

"The Elements of Disharmony the thing my power comes from." Loki answered.

"That's right, I had almost forgot that we had found you in those jewels," Twilight said as she recalled her first meeting with Loki. "What do you think will happen when you solve your puzzle?" She asked.

"Well, I'll probably get some alternate form that will drastically increase my power. Though, I have no idea whether or not if said form will drive me insane and cause me to go evil. These are the Elements of Disharmony we're talking about."

"Well if they do corrupt you, I might have a solution for that," Twilight said with a little grin.

"Oh really," Loki said with a chuckle as he pulled Twilight in close. Just as they were about to close the remaining distance a quick gagging noise interrupted them.

"Ughh, I know you two have been dating a while, but can you keep that stuff private?" Rainbow Dash called out.

Loki and Twilight let out a laugh. With a teleport they found Luna and Celestia both at the edge of the Everfree.

"What just happened?" Celestia asked.

"Sister," Luna pointed to the fact the sun and moon were both up. Luna then used her magic to move the moon from its place. "Well good to see you both haven’t been sent to the sun and moon." Loki said.

"Before you ask we had to return the elements to the Tree of Harmony otherwise the tree would have died and well then the elements would have lost power anyway." Loki answered.

"This news is slightly troubling," Luna replied. "If we no longer have access to the elements then only Loki will be able to counter Discord's antics."

"Still, if this was the only course of action you had then you made the right decision," Celestia said with a nod.

"That's not all Princess Celestia," Twilight said. "When we placed the elements into the tree a strange box appeared that requires six keys. And when it appeared, Loki's Elements of Disharmony glowed."

"It seems that the two of you and the other elements have another journey before you."

"We were thinking the same thing," Loki said with a nod. "And I don't think that Twilight and the girls will have any trouble with this journey."

"What about your own, Loki?" Luna asked.

"I honestly have no clue about my own however whatever happens I won't change who I am." Loki said with a smile. "Oh boo well at least the elements are gone...." Discord was heard. Loki tossed a rock at his head.

"Hey don't you be getting any ideas just because the elements are gone doesn't mean there’s nothing to stop you!" Loki yelled at him. Discord facetaloned. Before teleporting away. Nyx came crashing down from the sky and landed on Luna. The little Windigo came down as well.

"Oh man I almost got my killing evil things Cutie mark." Nyx said. The CMC were then caught by Loki.

"Really? Fighting a bunch of evil vines?" Loki asked the four.

What, we thought it was a good idea," Nyx said with a nervous chuckle as she hopped off of Luna and fluttered over to Loki. "Seeing as you're my daddy we thought I might be a natural at fighting evil!" She cheered.

'Okay, the cuteness levels are stable.' Loki thought quickly.

"Girls, I don't think you're ready to fight evil like I do." He said as he tousled Nyx's mane. "Maybe you should just leave the fighting of evil to me. I bet you're cutie marks lie outside of that field anyway."

"Okay," Nyx huffed as she looked over to Twilight. "Hey, what happened to mommy's crown?" She asked.

"Well, I had to give the elements back to the Tree of Harmony. And now there's something else we have to figure out," Twilight answered.

"Wow, that sounds really cool," Scootaloo said.