• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,932 Views, 26 Comments

A Goo Day to be Alive - Voltsthevoltvolts



Twilight receives a letter from Celestia saying that a she will receive a package. Much to her's(and Pinkie's) surprise, the package is a tub of talking Jelly.

  • ...
3
 26
 1,932

You had one job. One job.

"Rainbow Dash, I asked you to do one thing. One measly tiny thing!" Twilight huffed angrily as she struggled to keep her voice down. "I asked you to keep an eye on her and this is how it turned out!?"

"L-Look, I had no idea it was going to end up this way. Honestly I thought we were having fun! I didn't know how quickly it would elevate!" Rainbow Dash defended herself as she tried to reason with Twilight. "Look, the only reason I came down is because I need your help. I have no idea what to do with her in her current state. I am worried she might do something reckless."

"Yes... I understand that." Twilight sighed and calmed down. "But at two in the morning?"

"I know Twilight. I didn't want to be flying around at two in the morning myself, but here I am." Rainbow Dash chuckled weakly, the effects of staying up and flying around at high speeds were starting to take their toll on her body. "Look, if you could just come see her. We might be able to figure something out."

"Alright, but don't expect this to become a regular thing. I will not bend over backwards at two every morning because you have made a mess." Twilight scolded harshly, Rainbow Dash responded by solemnly nodding.


It had been a long night for Twilight, she had spent the better part of the day thinking of ways to keep Jelly Bean from getting into trouble, but what Rainbow Dash had done was just plain reckless. The pair of them had spent the better part of the morning searching for Jelly Bean.

"I think I can see her over there." Twilight stated as she patrolled around the center of Ponyville with Rainbow Dash. "I wonder what she is up to?" Twilight sighed to herself. "Well we better go see whats up then."

"Yeah... I feel bad for leaving her alone in that state, but I needed help..." Rainbow chuckled.

"Really? You needed help? The great Rainbow Dash, Equestria's fastest flyer needed help?" Twilight chuckled gleefully. "You must really have messed up." Twilight sighed to herself, she could see Jelly Bean in the distance.

"You think she will be alright?" Rainbow inquired curiously as the pair slowly approached Jelly Bean. "You think she will still want to be friends?"

"I don't see why not, I think she will understand why you left her. I mean, by the sounds of it you needed help." Twilight hurried slightly leaving Rainbow Dash a few meters behind her.

"Ohh Helloooooooooooooo Twi-Twiligh-Twilight!" A slightly inebriated Jelly Bean sung out as she laid eyes of Twilight. "It-Its beeeen like... A feeeeeew hours since..." The drunk Goo pony stumbled around slightly and tripped over herself and landed with a loud splat, the goo settled in a puddle and then Jelly Bean's head started to reform, laughing madly.

Twilight sighed to herself as Rainbow Dash caught up to her. "Just how much did you let her drink!?"

"Well it wasn't that much really. It was just some of the..." Rainbow Dash mumbled to herself and averted her gaze from Twilight.

"Just some of the..?" Twilight inquired curiously. "What exactly did she drink!?"

"Well... It wasn't enough to get me drunk." Rainbow Dash chuckled nervously. "I honestly had no idea she was a such a lightweight."

"Weeeeeeeeell soooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeey!" Jelly Bean interrupted loudly. "Its nooot my fault I drank theeeeeee dizzzzzzzzy juice!" The goo pony made a sloppy attempt to regain her pony form but ended up stumbling over and reverting to a thick puddle around the two ponies. Much to Jelly Bean's surprise she was hoisted up off the ground and molded into a large ball.

"Right, lets find someplace for her to stay then?" Twilight calmly said as she held the giant ball of goo up with her magic. "What motel is she staying at?"

Rainbow Dash shook her head and scoffed. "If we took Jelly back to that place she would get kicked out before arriving." Rainbow Dash paced back and forth quickly. "Do you have any ideas?"

"Yes. In fact I do." Twilight flatly stated, her horn became brighter and the floating ball vibrated slightly.

"Hehehehehehehe! That tickles!" The floating ball of goo chuckled gleefully, despite not having a mouth.

"What did you do Twilight?" Rainbow Dash curiously asked, gently prodding the goo ball to see if any changes had taken place. Much to Rainbow's surprise, when she looked back at Twilight the lavender mare was smiling evilly at her.

"I think you will find that friend here can stand on clouds. Since you got her into this mess you can take care of her and explain what happened to her in the morning." Twilight stated smugly. "I can go get the tub she was brought in or you can carry her back. Its your choice."

"Awwwwwwww..! Dooooon't put me in the tuuuuub! I'l be goooooooooood! I promise!" Jelly Bean sang out loudly in protest to the suggestion Twilight had made.

"I can't let her stay in my cloud!" Rainbow replied rather loudly. "What if she falls out during the night?"

"It pains me to say this Rainbow, but you got her into this mess. You need to help her out of it." Twilight stated with a serious tone.

Rainbow Dash sighed and looked at Jelly Bean, who was still a floating ball goo and sighed. "You're right Twilight..." Rainbow's gaze dropped to the ground. "It was supposed to keep her happy for the evening and help her settle in. I let things get out of control and tried to drag you in so that you could help me fix my mess." Rainbow Dash looked up at the floating ball of goo with a expression of sheer determination. "Now I need to be a good friend and fix this mess!"

"Yeaaaah!" Jelly Bean cheered out as she stuck one of her forearms out and waved it around. Much to Twilight's surprise the ball of goo slowly started to resist her magical grip and began dripping on the ground.

"That should not be happening..." Twilight moved away from the slowly forming puddle of goo. "She seems to be developing an immunity to my magic somehow..." Twilight's horn dimmed down and the remaining goo fell to the ground with a loud splat and then quickly formed into Jelly Bean's normal form. "How strange..."

"Itssssss noooothing reeeaaaallllyyyy!" Jelly Bean loudly sang out as she staggered around briefly, only stopping when she fell against a nearby bench. "They alllllllways said I was straaaaange!"

"Right if you keep her here, I will go get the tub." Twilight eagerly said. "Oh, and I will need a word with her tomorrow."

"Nooooooot the tuuuuuuub!" Jelly Bean slurred as she tried to run away, but only made it a few steps before giving up. "fiiiiiiine, puuuut me in the tuuuuub."


Rainbow Dash landed just outside of her cloud house, Jelly Bean was inside the tub she arrived in an two pieces of rope kept her fastened to her carrier. Despite being tied down, the tub of Jelly was shaking rather violently. Rainbow Dash settled down on the cloud and entered her rather large cloud house.

"Raiiiiiiinboooooooowwww! Leeeeeeet me out!" The tub of Jelly groggily shouted. "Plllleeeaaaassssseeeee..?"

Rainbow Dash sighed to herself as she loosened the ropes that were keeping the tub secure, once the ropes were loose she gently shook them off and the tub fell down and landed gently. "Will you behave?" Rainbow Dash questioned with a harsh tone.

"Yes..." The tub of Jelly squeaked as the lid slowly creaked open. "I just want to go tooooo sleep."

"Alright then, make yourself comfortable on the sofa." Rainbow Dash said happily as she turned to face the entrance of her room. "And get ready for a long morning..."

The tub of Jelly's lid slowly rose up and quietly slid onto the floor of the cloud house. Jelly slowly started to emerge out of tub, slowly testing the cloud to make sure Twilight's spell had worked. Once Jelly Bean was happy the spell had worked she slowly emerged and took form. The cloud house was bright despite it being the early hours of the morning and Jelly Bean was easily able to find the main room and then the sofa. With a tired sigh the goo pony collapsed into a sticky pile of goo on the sofa and began snoring loudly.


"Uhhhhh my head..."

"C'mon Jelly, you can't sleep all day."

"Wait... Where am I?"

"You're at my house, on my sofa."

"My head is hurting..."

"Funny, seeing as you don't have a head."

"Urgh..."

"C'mon and get up. I promised Twilight I would take you to see her."

Jelly Bean slowly reformed into her pony shape, she was lying down on something that felt softer then silk. The goo pony slowly opened her eyes and examined the room where she had been sleeping. It was a cloud house, and a rather messy cloud house at that. "How did I get here..." Jelly Bean groggily asked.

"Well you were out of it last night, I didn't feel right sending you back to that motel. So Twilight suggested that you stayed at mine for the night." Rainbow Dash explained cheerfully.

"Oh... So that stuff that you made me drink..." Jelly Bean cringed slightly. "That stuff made me forget what happened."

"You seemed a lot happily at the time, you're a pretty fun drunk." Rainbow Dash chuckled gleefully to herself as she sat down next to Jelly Bean. "Can you remember what happened?"

"No..." Jelly Bean replied painfully. "After I started drinking that stuff..." The goo pony shuddered at the though of the alcoholic drink. "What was that stuff?"

"Nothing too strong." Rainbow Dash replied. "Not too keen on your drinks then?"

"That stuff was nice, but I can feel it eating me from the inside." Jelly Bean gently rubbed her tummy. "I mean, I can literately feel it dissolving me from the inside."

"Uh..." Rainbow Dash's expression dropped. "Do you some help getting it out?"

"I should be able to filter it out over the course of the day. If you have any food that will certainly help." Jelly Bean replied calmly.

"I have some fruit in the other room. Will that do?" Rainbow Dash responded.

"Yeah, that will do just fine." Jelly Bean happily nodded. Rainbow Dash got up and walked into a room parallel to the main room, she returned moments later with a small bowl of assorted fruit.

"So why will eating help?" Rainbow Dash curiously asked as she placed the bowl of fruit down near Jelly Bean.

"Well..." Jelly Bean picked up an apple and expected it, she then opened her mouth and swallowed the apple in one bite. The apple slowly drifted down into the stomach region and then began to slowly dissolve. "It gives the substance something to eat at besides me."

""Woah..." Rainbow Dash remarked as she watched the apple slowly vanish. "Its strange watching it happen from outside."

"Its not too different to how you digest food." Jelly Bean happily said. "The key difference is that I don't have a digestive track. The apple will be broken down into base nutrients and then will be distributed around my body, but keep in mind that this happens when you eat as well. Its just more... Messy."

"Alright then..." Rainbow Dash chuckled. "Whatever works for you then. Mind if we go see Twilight when your done distributing apple around your body?" Jelly Bean nodded in response as she continued to eat fruit.

Comments ( 5 )

this story is pretty good, the only problems so far are the grammar, missing words, missing letters, and miss used key words. those need immediate fixing.
other than that, good story.

Just checking in a year later. Nothing new I see. Ah well.

Well... I'm definitely interested but the grammatical errors, spelling issues, strange pacing, and seemingly missing sections of dialog kinda throw me off. I mean, huge props for this being the only goo pony story I've read that didn't go "that" direction, but you could really do with an editor. If I wasn't so busy with work I might just volunteer. This story shows some real promise and seems to be doing pretty dang well considering the issues previously stated. Keep up the good work, and if you don't happen to get an extra set of eyes on this by the time my work load thins out I'd be more than willing to help out.

"L-Look, I had no idea it was going to end up this way. Honestly I thought we were having fun! I didn't know how quickly it would elevate!" Rainbow Dash defended herself as she tried to reason with Twilight. "Look, the only reason I came down is because I need your help. I have no idea what to do with her in her current state. I am worried she might do something reckless."

-I think you mean "escalate" ? Then again this could be pegasus slang, even if by happy accident.

.

"Yeaaaah!" Jelly Bean cheered out as she stuck one of her forearms out and waved it around. Much to Twilight's surprise the ball of goo slowly started to resist her magical grip and began dripping on the ground.

-I believe that technically, referring to the forelegs of a horse as "arms" is acceptable, but I am not sure about "forearm". In any case, most brownies seem to avoid the word "arm".

Login or register to comment