• Published 20th Mar 2015
  • 1,932 Views, 26 Comments

A Goo Day to be Alive - Voltsthevoltvolts



Twilight receives a letter from Celestia saying that a she will receive a package. Much to her's(and Pinkie's) surprise, the package is a tub of talking Jelly.

  • ...
3
 26
 1,932

Motel Room Sweet Motel Room

"Ahhh, sweet messed up motel room." Jelly Bean remarked happily as she opened the door to her room. The jelly pony waded her way through the sashes she had throw onto the ground until she found her saddlebag. "I should clean this mess up, least I lose something that matters to me..." Jelly Bean chuckled to herself and jumped onto her bed with her saddlebag.

"Ahem..." Jelly Bean quickly perked up, a rather angry looking stallion was stood in the doorway. "I understand that you have connections. But as the manager of this motel, I have to ask that you keep your door locked and room tidy. The last thing I want is to have to make the cleaners work over-time because some fancy pony from Canterlot thinks she's the Princess." The stallion angrily commanded before eyeing up Jelly Bean, who was looking rather confused.

"Oh I..." Jelly Bean stumbled off the bed and splashed on the ground. "Sorry, I thought I locked the door."

"Its all well and good thinking you locked the door. But if you don't, I will not be held responsible for theft of belongings." The stallion sighed as Jelly Bean quickly rose up to her normal shape. "I understand the... Circumstances that may make it hard... But I only ask that you try." The stallion shook his head and left the doorway, angrily closing the door behind him.

"Geez what a grouch." Jelly Bean quickly spun around, she saw Rainbow Dash gently flying outside her open window. "I knew the owner of this place was harsh, but that was jut cruel."

"Hm?" Jelly Bean curiously responded as she moved to her window and opened it so that Rainbow Dash could come in. "Why makes you say that?"

"The fact that I know you locked the door. I quickly flew back here and tried to rig your door." Rainbow Dash explained as she flew in. "If you ask me, he might have something against you..."

"Why would he have something against me?" Jelly Bean slumped down, partially forming a puddle below her. "I haven't seen him before... Except when I checked in."

"I can't really tell you why... I have a feeling I know... And you won't like it." Rainbow Dash sighed as she flew over the gooey puddle that was once Jelly Bean. "Come on Jelly, you can pick yourself up. If he comes back again give me a call and I will tell him whats what."

"Heh..." Jelly Bean slowly started to reform. "I know its silly, but I got the feeling he didn't like me because I am from out of town. Right?"

"Pretty much, I don't understand why he runs a motel if he doesn't like tourists." Rainbow Dash sighed and landed on the motel bed. "I can try and keep an eye out for a place for you to stay as well."

"That's alright, I think I can handle him." Jelly Bean chuckled happily as she jumped onto the bed. "So, any other reason why you decided to drop by?"

"Well I was hoping you weren't in so I could set a trap for you..." Rainbow Dash chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck. "But seeing as you're in..."

"Can't say I blame you, I got both you and Rarity pretty good." Jelly Bean wrapped a gooey limb around Rainbow Dash. "Nothing personal, just a bit of fun..."

"Yeah... You got both of us pretty good. But the dress prank was my idea!" Rainbow Dash replied excitedly. "I wouldn't mind pranking with you again, but I don't want to be double crossed again."

"Well I might be able to do that... If you can make it worth my while." Jelly Bean deviously said.

Rainbow Dash raised and eyebrow. "What exactly do you mean, 'worth your while'?"

"Well, I haven't though of anything yet. But if something comes to mind, I will let you know. Until then, you are off my prank list." Jelly Bean chuckled deviously, winking to Rainbow Dash.

"Uh yeah..." Rainbow Dash wiggled free from Jelly's limb. "That's cool, just let me know if you want anything."

"Trust me, I will." Jelly Bean said as she got off the bed. "Now, I should really clean up in here... Least the manager shows up again."

"Alright then, I will leave you to it. Unless you want to cash in that favor now." Rainbow Dash said evilly, hoping for Jelly Bean to cash in the favor prematurely.

"No, it alright. I made this mess myself." Jelly Bean said as she started to pick up the mess on the floor. "So, do you have any plans later?"

"Well I was planning on hanging out with Twilight and the girls..." Rainbow Dash nonchalantly said. "Nothing big, just our usual get together."

"Sounds like fun. I think I might get to know the layout of Ponyville myself, learn where all the good shops are." Jelly Bean happily said as she continued to pick up her mess. "And tomorrow?"

"Well, aside from clearing the skies in the morning... I don't really have anything planned. Unlike Twilight, I don't tend to plan ahead unless its important." Rainbow Dash chuckled to herself.

"Huh, and here I thought it would be all fun and games. For a village that seems to have everything happen to it, you sure live some dull lives." Jelly Bean teased.

"Hey, my life is not dull! You should see me when I do my aerial routine, that is anything but dull..!" Rainbow Dash hastily replied with a passion. "And ask Pinkie to throw you a 'welcome to Ponyville party!' I doubt you will think that is Dull!"

"Woah!" Jelly Bean giggled gleefully. "Settle down, I was just teasing."

"Well, I'm just saying." Rainbow Dash settled down. "Ponyville is anything but dull. And being honest, the town has reacted very calmly to your arrival."

"I know right!? Its so strange, ponies used to visit me in Canterlot all the time to see the 'natural goo pony.' I still think my parents should of charged two bits for a look though!" Jelly Bean happily replied as she finished tidying the motel room. "So, do you think the manager will be satisfied with this?"

"He should be. If not, you need to find a new motel to stay at." Rainbow Dash laughed merrily before coming to an abrupt stop. "But seriously, it might be worth looking for a new place to stay while you visit."

"I think I will be alright for now." Jelly bean sighed happily and hopped back onto the bed, making a loud sloshing sound as she did. "I have been though worse in Canterlot."

"Huh, really?" Rainbow Dash inquired curiously.

"Yeah, but I learnt to ignore it pretty quickly." Jelly Bean giggled happily. "It's amazing the thought someponies put into insulting you when you are made out of goo."

"I can imagine, back in flight school I was called Rainbow Crash. Sure they laughed then but look at me now!" Rainbow Dash triumphantly said. "You know, we have a lot it common. What's your opinion on the Wonderbolts?"

"Eh..." Jelly Bean shrugged. "I guess they're pretty cool."

"You guess..?" Rainbow Dash slowly repeated. "You guess they're pretty cool?" Rainbow Dash twitched briefly before letting out a hearty laugh. "Your kidding right? They're the best aerial performers in Equestria!"

"Yeah I know that. I used to love them as a foal! I had a huge poster of Spitfire in my room. I grew out of it after while though, it is hard to see aerial acrobatics as a 'cool' thing when you are stuck on the ground." Jelly Bean explained happily.

"I suppose... I mean... Well you have a point." Rainbow Dash stammered. "Maybe you should see one of their races? I heard they are pretty cool."

"My parents have offered me a chance to see them before, I just never took it. Why pay to go see ponies fly around in circles all day?" Jelly Bean remarked.

"What..? How can you say that! They don't just fly around in circles! Its a race!" Rainbow Dash passionately argued. "Have you seen how fast they fly and for how long? Can you imagine how much training you would have to do in order to become that good?"

"No I don't, mainly because I don't have wings, nor can I give myself them before you ask." Jelly Bean flatly replied. "What you are asking is the equivalent of a unicorn asking me to levitate an object, or me asking you to melt down into a puddle."

"I see..." Rainbow Dash slowly replied. "I mean, I'm not asking you to fly or anything, just think about it." The rainbow mare calmly replied as she thought about what Jelly Bean had said.

"No point dwelling on it Rainbow." Jelly Bean happily replied. "I mean it's not like my mind is set, I might take an interest again."

"Well I ain't gonna force you. Although it might be worth looking into, you might like it." Rainbow Dash happily said. "Uhhhh, you know what. I might take a rain check on meeting with the girls this evening."

"Oh? Why's that?" Jelly Bean curiously asked.

"Well, I know this bar. It's a little out of the way, but the owner is really nice and friendly. I think you would like it." Rainbow Dash explained.

"Hm..." Jelly Bean rubbed her chin and studied Rainbow Dash. "What's your angle?"

"No angle, I just want to spend a bit of time with a new friend." Rainbow Dash replied.

"No really, what are you looking for?" Jelly Bean accused.

"Nothing, as I said." Rainbow Dash flatly said. "Look if you want to stay in this dull room for the rest of the day, be my guest. I am offering you a fun alternative."

"Alright fine. But no funny business or else you are back on the prank list." Jelly Bean warned evilly. "And I mean it."

"Look, we can go and have fun or we can go and sit around for hours on end. What would you rather?" Rainbow Dash flatly asked. "Because from you are saying, we are heading towards option two."

"Look, forgive me for being cautious. But I have only just met you today and you are already trying to take me somewhere." Jelly Bean replied calmly. "I get the feeling that you might be after something more then a fun night out..."

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" Rainbow inquired loudly. "I thought I was being nice by dropping what I had planned."

"Yes..." Jelly Bean sighed. "I suppose you are, and I should be grateful." Jelly bean dropped her gaze down.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I know some ponies struggle with a change in environment and moving from Canterlot to Ponyville is the biggest change I've seen yet." Rainbow Dash warmly said, trying to stop Jelly's mood going sour.

"Yeah... But its only for a few weeks." Jelly Bean trailed. "Alright then. I will hang out with you. But if anything happens that I do not like I will leave. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am." Rainbow Dash sarcastically said. "Now can we please get going? I need to let Twilight know I won't be there this evening."