• Published 8th Mar 2015
  • 1,755 Views, 13 Comments

Generosity and Chaos - Spiritofchaos227



Fluttershy suggest that Discord tries to make more friends. Things ensue.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,755

A Day With Chaos

It was a another one of Celestia's beautiful days in Equestia. The same old big ball of gas was in the sky, raining down on the poor creatures of Equestria with its liquid robbing ability's. The same old pegasi were flying through the air. Any moment now, Derpy will most likely fly past, looking for the muffins he had 'borrowed'

"Discord."

The same old plants were in there same old, dreadful boring, places. All in straight lines like little... boring... straight line things.

Ugh! He was too bored to even think of anything witty! Ridiculous!

"Umm, Discord?"

"Honestly, how could these ponies take it?! Everything is the same every single day! The same places, the same horses, the same EVERYTHING! Don't they ever get tired of this!? Oh course not! They're all just puppets for Celestia's little show! Little zombies of order! The pawns of boring-ness! The anti- Jesters! The-"

"Discord!"

Discord stopped his rant has he heard his yellow acquaintance call out to him. "Hmm? Oh, yes dear Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy sighed, " If you're so bored, why don't you try to make some new friends? " Fluttershy suggested, and she packed up the barely touched food from their picnic.

"But Fluttershy, everyone here is just so boring! Of all the places in the universe, of all of the universes int he galaxy, of all of the galaxy's in the cosmos, this is by far, the most dull and uneventful of them all!" Discord wined pathetically.

"Discord, a Hydra ran into town last week. A week before that, there was a Manticore." Fluttershy packed up the last of the picnic, making sure to fold the blanket neatly. " I don't think that counts as dull." She stood up, picked up the picnic basket, and started walking home. Discord quickly followed. " How about you try to be friends with Twilight?

"She's too orderly"

"Rainbow Dash?"

"She hates me"

"Pinkie Pie?"

"Hmm... no."

Fluttershy stopped walking and looked at Discord questioningly" I thought you liked Pinkie Pie. Did something happen?"

Discord shrugged lazily " I do like her, but ehh... I'm not feeling it today."

Flutttershy nodded in understanding."... What about... Rarity..?"

" Ugh, she so-! So..." Discord passed, eyes going wide is shock. " Huh, I've never really messed with her, have I? She sounds boring, anyway."

Fluttershy smiled lightly to herself. ' But you don't really know her. You never know, what if you like her? At first glance she could seam a bit stuffy, but she really is nice!"

"Oh Flutteshy, you say everyone is nice." Despite his aloof response, Discord was actually considering the idea. He never really did bother taking any time learning about Rarity. And he was dreadfully bored. Maybe she would be fun to mess with.

" Actually, I think I will do that. Who knows, it may be fun" Discord said casually

" Really!? Oh Discord, that's great! It's always great to make more friends!" Fluttershy said happily. She started walking faster as she saw her cottage coming into view

"Well Fluttershy, i'll be going now~! Tata!" Just as Discord was about to snap his fingers, Flutteshy stopped him.

"Now Discord, when you go, I want you to be on your best behavior. If she is busy, leaving may be the best idea. Don't go to far with anything." Fluttershy said sternly.

"Oh Fluttershy, do I ever go to far?~ There's no need to worry about that!" Discord was about to take his leave, but he was once again stopped by Fluttershy

"I'm serious Discord. I know how much you like messing with ponies, but that's no way to get friends. Pinkie Promise me that you'll actually try to make a friend

Oh no. The Pinkie Promise. He may be immortal, but even he didn't break a Pinkie Promise. Discord groaned, Fluttershy was using The Stare again. Geeze, she looks like his mother when she did that. That is, if he had a mother.

"Fine", Discord groaned, " X out my heart and hope to ascend to the heavens. Jab a sweetened pastry in my seeing devices." Fluttershy gave Discord an odd look before giggling.

"Okay Discord, you can leave now, have fun" Fluttershy laughed.

Discord was finally about to leave when he heard a something land behind him. Turning around, he saw Derpy.

"Fluttershy", Derpy asked sadly " have you seen my muffins?"

Discord quickly teleported from the scene.


"No... No... Oh, heavens no! UGH!"

Rarity groaned in frustration, discarding the offending cloth to the ground. This dress just had to be perfect! Fleur Dis Lee, Fancy Pants's marefriend ordered it! If this dress wasn't perfect, it would be an scandal! All of Canterlot would be seeing it, and she wouldn't let herself be humiliated!

"Maybe yellow? No! Oh, no no! W-what about red?" Rarity asked to herself frantically. She ran around the room, looking through the 'Organised Chaos' in an attempt to find the proper color of cloth

" Are you possibly looking for his my dear?~'

Rarity nearly jumped out of her skin when she herd that voice. A costumer!? Didn't she put the closed sigh up!? She quickly turned around, only to find the worst possible thing in this situation.

Discord.

"D-discord! What are you doing here!? Uh, d-darling!" She said nervously, trying to hide her anger. Normally, she would shoo this brute out of her home if he ever came, but Fluttershy had asked her to give him a chance a while ago...

"Oh not much! I was just having a dreadfully boring picnic with dear Fluttershy, when she suggested I try hanging out with some new ponies. And YOU, my dear, were my forth option! Congratulations!" Discord spread his arms wide, and small rubber duck fire works went off behind him.

"Now, you were looking for red cloth, yes?"

Oh no. No, not today, she was to busy to deal with Discord! What was she going to do!? "Oh, y-yes Discord, I was. Thank you..." Rarity gently took the cloth from him with her magic and walked back to her dress.

Very carefully, she cut the cloth to the right size,and started sowing. Maybe if he got bored enough, he would leave... Rarity stopped her sowing momentarily. That was it! If he became bored, he would just leave! She would give him a chance later, for now she need him gone.

"Discord, while I appreciate you coming, I'm quite busy with this dress right now. It is a horribly long and boring process, are you sure you want to stay to see it?" Rarity asked, attempting to sound casual.

"Oh, don't worry about me Rarest of Rares, I'll be fine!~" Discord said as he started to look over her shoulder.

Rarity sighed


Rarity growled in anger. She couldn't take this 'giving him a chance' business much longer. he was obviously toying with her. Every time she started picking colors for her dress, this ruffian rudely interrupted her and suggested some random color. Oh, why couldn't he just get bored and leave!? She had tried to make the dress making process as boring as possible. Slowly cutting cloth and being as quite as possible, but nothing was working!

"Be strong", Rarity thought to herself, "Be strong for Fluttershy"

"Why not add some light blue?"

"No, Discord"

"...Amazon?"

"No"

"Well how about-" Discord was cut off by Rarity's angry shout"

"UGH! Discord! ...Darling. I appreciate your help, but I know what i'm doing." Rarity said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, fine!', Discord snapped his fingers, making a mannequin appear next to him. "I'll make my own dress! It'll be far superior to yours!"Discord turned away from her, and started working on his own dress.

Rarity smiled happily to herself. Finally, she could get some work done. Rarity quickly got back to work

Suddenly, not even 10 minutes after Discord had finally stopped pestering her, she was interrupted again. She once again nearly jumped out of her skin as she heard Discord scream.

"What's wrong?!" She turned around frantically.

Discord was hugging her cat, her precious Opalescence, tightly; squealing like a madman.

"Oh my goodness! I forgot how fluffy these things were! Rarity, what's her name!?" Discord apparently wasn't aware of Opalescence's distress. Rarity, on the other hand, was.

"Oh no no no no no!" Rarity quickly snatched Opalescence away from Discord. Patting down her ruffled hair, she said " Opalescence doesn't like to be touched by strangers!" As she said this, Opal started squirming in her grip. When she let her go, the feline ran straight into Discord's arms, attempting to get to the fist he was holding.

"Oh, I think you're mistaken my dear! My fluffy Feline friend here looks like she likes me quite a bit!~" Discord giggled like an schoolfilly, as he scratched Opal behind the ear. Suddenly, Discord held her up in the air. " With you on my side dear Opal, we will beat your boring owner without a doubt!~" Discord laughed in a way that only could be described as maniacal.

Discord quickly ran back to his train wreck of a dress.

Rarity could feel the migraine coming on.


The next 20 minutes with on without a hitch. Without Discord's constant questions and suggestions, the dress making progress with on smoothly. So far, the dress was coming out wonderfully. It was a long form fitting red dress with a black ribbon around the middle. Said black ribbon had small, blue diamonds going around its length. Rarity smiled to herself. She always worried too much about her dresses. they always came out fine in the end. But, a lady never lets themselves get too prideful.

Rarity calmly turned around, with every intention of having herself a little reward from he lichen for getting so far with her dress, when she remembered Discord was here as well. Quickly, she noticed Discord's dress, and was surprised to find that it wasn't compactly eye burning.

Discord's dress could only be described as chaotic. The back of the dress was covered with many layers, giving it a fluffy appearance. The backside of the dress was Chocolate, Blue Violet, and Coral in that order. The front of the dress was a Light Pink, its selves went down to the Mannequin's hooves, where it then fanned out. Finally, the neck of the mannequin wore a long ,white, boa around its neck.

" Do you like it~ I for one, think it beats your dress by a rock slide!"

Rarity filched at the sudden noise behind her. Turning around, she found Discord standing behind her, with Opal laying atop his head between his horns.

"Discord Darling, I believe the term you are looking for is 'by a landslide'. And I will admit, your dress is impressive." Rarity commented lightly, as she continued her trip to the kitchen. Discord followed her.

"Rock slide, landslide, whatever. The're both the same thing in the end." Discord said casually, as he floated along. " You ponies, with all of your fancy sayings."

Rarity rolled her eyes, but smiled at Discord's antics. She quickly made her way to her refrigerator. Looking inside she found what she was looking for; her favorite ice cream. Fat free Chocolate Mint Chip.

"Fat Free ice cream?! Oh no! This wont do at all!" Discord said dramatically, as he snatched the treat from rarity's magical grasp. Discord snapped his fingers, making a large array of treats appear before the both of them.

Rarity gasped, her eyes went wide and her mouth started to water. Cakes, pies cookies, and most importantly, ice cream! But no! She was a lady, and ladies don't just stuff themselves with sweets!

"Discord, I have a figure to uphold. I can't just eat sweets whenever I want." Rarity said almost sadly.

"Oh, I can handle that." Discord said casually. He snapped his fingers, and Rarity started to glow slightly. This glow went away quickly.

"W-what did you do?" As Rarity said this, she started checking her mane and her coat. It looked to be completely normal.

"I just made if so you won't gain weight from sugar. A simple spell, really." Discord paused, and quickly looked towards the window. The Sun was setting, "Oh! Well, would you look at the time, I must be running off now, have fun!~" With that, Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Rarity looked on at the large array of desserts for a moment =, before smiling

This was going to be fun.


"Double rainbow all the way across the sky~ hm hm hmmm! Yay~" Fluttershy sang happily to herself, as she finished giving her bird friends their dinner. "Oh, I don't think i'll ever get that song out of my head! "

"Indeed you won't~"

Fluttershy flinched and quickly turned around. She sighed in relief as she saw that Discord floating above her

"Oh, you're back! How was your day with Rarity?" Fluttershy ashed happily.

"Oh, it was just fine! That mare could be quite interesting if she ever decided to be less stuck up. I do believe I have left a good impression on her~!" Discord casually floated down, and sat on Fluttershy's couch. As he did this, Fluttershy noticed his 'guest'

"Um, Discord? Why is Rarity's cat on your head?"

"Oh! I forgot about that fluffball!", Discord picked Opal off of his head, and sat her on his lap. She woke up, and immanently started hissing at Discord. He quickly puffed up a large fish and handed it to Opal. She quickly calmed down.

"Discord!", Fluttershy scolded," You can't just take someone's pet! You have to give her back!"

"But Fluttershy! She's so happy here! Look!" Discord plucked up the purring cat and gave Fluttershy his best puppy dog face, "Can't I keep him for just a little bit?" Discord wined.

"No means no Discord! You have to give her ba-" Fluttershy flinched as she heard someone scream.

"DISCORD!"

"Oh poo"

Author's Note:

Hehe, hi. Well, this is my first story, so, constitutive constructive is HIGHLY appreciated.

Also, special thanks to Pastel Buttons and Literary Serenity for general assistance. The are both grand writers, and I suggest that you check them out~ :yay:

Comments ( 13 )
Comment posted by LiterarySerenity deleted Mar 8th, 2015

Spriritofchaos is a compulsive liar as only one of the assistants are worthy of checking out, that being LiterarySerenity. Plus I really did nothing helpful in the slightest.

You have no idea how happy I am you finally wrote a fic! Just yes. Yes.

Also, thanks for getting that song stuck in my head.

I really have nothing constructive to say ahaha. So um. *Skips away*

5715038 Oh my Pastel Pal, if I hadn't started working with you on Young butterfly, I would have never even thought of making a story!~

And what do you mean i'm a compulsive liar!? I am Loki Odinson! Brother of Thor, and I shan't be- Oh wait. Loki is the God of Lies. Nervermind.

5715090

We do not speaketh of Young Butterfly. That story deserves to be burnt.
You have a lot more going on between the ears in comparison to me so I'm pretty sure this amazing story, or at least any amazing story of some sort, would of happened any way. One way or another.

*Trying not to get sappy intensifies*

I knew you were Loki. I knew it.

Yay! :yay: Congratulations on posting your first fan fiction here, which is creative and a true pleasure to read. ^_^ I love your characterizations of Discord and Rarity, and their interactions (alongside several laughs regarding Opal and Discord getting along).

Good job!

ha
good ole discord
i wonder...he did say she couldnt get fat from the surger....dident say anything else about the other ingredients hehe
anyway great story! you need to write more! :D

Not sure what to say here, so I'll let this image speak for itself.
pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/rsz/mlfw5194_medium.jpg

6432673 :twilightsheepish: Thank you! I'm actually surprised that people are still commenting on this story.

Rather impressive, I had fun and you did a great job keeping them in character my friend.

6833369 You're very welcome. Excited to see what else you have planned for future stories and the god of chaos.

Login or register to comment