• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 4,962 Views, 217 Comments

A Super New World of Infinity - RainbowSixtySix



Equestria has been destroyed due to a magical overload. Thanks to Arceus, The Pokemon God; All of Equus inhabitants have been saved and transportated to the Pokemon World. Can the ponies and the rest of Equus live in harmony with Pokemon?

  • ...
8
 217
 4,962

Chapter 9: Miner Gabiter

The two rescuers had found themselves in front of the Drilbur Coal Mine in the span of 10 minutes. The trip wasn't long and it certainly wasn't challenging, which disappointed a certain prismatic pony. She had hoped the coal mine was more challenging than the trip. Right now, the girls had noticed the mine was surrounded by worker miners. The miners appeared to be a mole-like creatures with blue streaks on their bodies. They also wore mine helmets too. This is obviously the place they're looking for.

"This the place?" Rainbow asked the eon Pokemon.

Latias nodded in confirmation. The two girls analyzed the mine, wondering how they're going to get inside without being a seen, or causing a scene. They couldn't just sit there and waste time. They had a little Pokemon to save after all. The two nodded and made themselves known to the working Drilburs.

The mole-like Pokemon noticed this and immediately halted them.

"Hey! You can't enter this mine! *wibble*" The Drilbur announced.

Rainbow growled and stamped her hoof.

"Why not! We need to save a Pokemon. She's trapped and all alone with some creepy Gabite!" She replied. The Drilbur were shocked to hear this which kind of surprised Latias a bit.

"Wait a second. You guys have known that there is a little Azurill trapped in the mine and being held captive by a Gabite, right?" Latias questioned.

The Drilbur sweat dropped and gulped. "W-We didn't pay attention. We were busy snacking during our break. *wibble* *wibble*"

Both Latias and Rainbow Dash just sweat dropped at their confession. The two just rolled their eyes and decided to walk inside the mine while they comically cry in shame.

'So much for hard workers. I'm surprised they still have their jobs.' Thought Rainbow.

Minutes had passed as the two explorers had reached a two-way passage. One way is barred with what appears to be construction roadblocks. The two explorers looked at both passage ways, trying to figure out which way Mizu could be.

"We could always take the one on the right." Rainbow suggested

Latias shook her head. "No. I feel like going through there would lead us nowhere. If any place, I would say she is at the one passage on the left."

This confused the prismatic mare, how can she be so sure. As if reading her mind, Latias responded.

"I just have a feeling she's over the right side. We better get going, C'mon."

Rainbow nodded, following the eon Pokemon into the dark path. The two never noticed that they were being watched by a mysterious figure from behind the two rescuers. The figure smirked and walked the other way.


Meanwhile, in the deepest part of the mine, laid Mizu who was whimpering on a pile of red stones. The Gabite who grinned at the whimpering Azurill only made her feel more frightened.

'I wanna go home. I miss my sister and my mommy. I'm scared.' Cried Mizu.

This whimpering irritating the Gabite as he roared at her to shut her up. The Azurill shook in fear, silently crying and whimpered at the towering Gabite.

"Shut your little mouth." He hissed.

"W-What do you plan to-to do with me?"

The Gabite chuckled darkly and grinned at the little Pokemon. He had no intention of harming the little Pokemon. However, he will keep her hostage.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head." He spoke. The little Azurill had to know why is he doing this? Why her? Why kidnap her and hold her hostage? What could he possibly gain from all this. As if reading her mind, he answered her question.

"You're probably wondering your small mind, why am I doing this?" He guessed.

There was silence, but she didn't need to speak. He knew he was right.

"It's about of my damn scales." He growled in irritation. Over and over, an explorer would roll over here; beat him up and not only take his precious red stones, but his scales too. The scales that he grows on his body. Eventually he got sick of the treatment and decided to fight back. He refused to be everyone's punching-bag. It ends, today. He told the little Azurill everything he went through. The torment, the beatings and takings of his scales and stones. The Gabite sighed deeply, clearly upset that this is happening.

'I just want the torment to end.'


Latias and Rainbow traveled down further into the mine, feeling that the two rescuers were getting closer and closer. Right now, the two rescuers were chatting about Equestria and the Pokemon World again. They exchanged information about said worlds, the opponents, they had faced and the friends that they had met along the way. However, their conversation stopped when the two girls spotted a downed Ponyta.

"Oh my god! Are you alright?!" Latias called out as she rushed to the down fire type. Rainbow followed suit and fed the Pokemon an Oran berry. The Ponyta chewed and swallowed the treat, restoring her health back to 100%.

"T-Thank you." She said sincerely. She looked at the legendary and Pegasus and bowed her head in politeness. "Forgive me, My name is Rubira. I am a Ponyta. It's nice to meet you both."

Rainbow smiled and looked at the Ponyta's flames. "Whoa! That's awesome! Your flaming mane and tail, I mean. I'm Rainbow Dash, by the way. This is my friend, Latias. We're Team Mist Rainbooms."

Rubira smiled and thanked Rainbow for the compliment. Latias then asked what the Pokemon was doing here and what had happened.

"You see, I'm an explorer and I wanted to explore some red stones. However, I was attacked by a Gabite! I managed to escape and I had fainted here. If it wasn't for you, who knows what might have happened?"

Rainbow growled at this and stamped her hoof. "First, he kidnaps an innocent Pokemon! Now he's attacking others! He better hope he doesn't see me!"

Latias agreed. "Yeah! I second that. Rubira, can you lead us the way. We don't want to get lost."

"Sure. Follow me." The Ponyta instructed.


Meanwhile, in the house of Amaterasu and the Apple Family. Applejack was very nervous for her friend and desperately wanted to know for sure. 100% sure that the prismatic mare was going to be alright. She would never let her go into the Everfree forest alone, so she and Latias goes into a mine where a big scary dragon lives could also be crucial. She just couldn't sit around anymore. A familiar voice interrupts her thoughts, making the apple mare turn around to find the source. It turns out to be Amaterasu.

"AT? Ah'm sorry. Ah, just. Ah, just can't stand around anymore. Ah, I gotta get there and save mah friend!" Applejack declared.

Amaterasu nodded at this and walked up to the mare. "I normally don't break the rules, but how bout we head out and save her now. She could also need backup."

Applejack's smile widens as she practically threw herself at the Arcanine. "Thank ya! Thank ya, AT!"

"Yeah! We better pack up! After that we'll get Artemis, Twilight, Rarity and Capricorn." He instructed.

"You got it!" Applejack agreed.


The three girls traveled further down the mine only stopping at a large open space which had a lot of items. Tiny Reviver Seeds, Guiding Wands, blast seeds and even apples. It was as if the three had hit jackpot. Rainbow rushed into the open area, gazing at the treasure with a greedy look.

"Look at this stuff! We'll be able to save Mizu with this stuff, now. We'll also be able to beat that clod, Gabite!" Rainbow declared. Latias, however, didn't share the same enthusiasm as her best friend. She looked worried and cautious.

'Wait a second. Lots of items in one room. Big open space. Seemingly no traps.' She reviewed. That's when it hit her. Her eyes widen she finally put the pieces together.

'Oh no...'

"RAINBOW! GET OUT OF THERE! IT'S A MONSTER HOUSE!!" Latias warned. But it was too late, suddenly; Pokemon began to fall from the ceiling glaring menacingly at the Pony.

"W-What the hell?!" Rainbow gasped in surprised. However, she got into a fighting stance and scarped the dirt with her hoof, ready for battle. Latias flew over while carrying Rubira to join the battle.

(Click Background Music Here)

"Darn! I fell for the trap!" Rainbow cursed. Suddenly the two girls heard giggling from behind them. It was--Rubira?

"Rubira!? You set this up?!" Latias growled. She couldn't believe this. The Pokemon they had helped betrayed them. The Ponyta chuckled darkly and nodded.

"Yes. You see. While you were chatting along with that Azumarill back in Serene Village. You were being spied by one of the Drilbur. The Drilbur then knew you would come over to rescue that Azurill to save her. So they pretended to have not noticed you two sneaking in. I then got to see what kind of Pokemon we would be dealing with. I'll say, I was surprised that we are dealing with one of the ponies already." The Ponyta grinned, pointing at the now pissed off Pegasus.

"After that, I pretended to be downed and hurt to lure you two into a monster house. I didn't think you two would have trusted me right away." She laughed. This further angered the two girls. Latias glared daggers at the Ponyta and asked a simple question.

"Why? Why did you do it? What motive is there?" She demanded. Right now, Both Latias and Rainbow wanted to strangle the Pokemon.

The Ponyta cackled and gave the two girls a crazed look. "To be 100% Bellator. I have been doing this for six months now and no one has suspected a thing. I lure newbies into a monster house. They get defeated and their items taken, including their badge. I steal their missions and claim their fame and glory. Yet, I haven't been noticed by Magnus. However, after I beat that poor Gabite senseless and steal the spotlight once again. I'll become a Bellator and be the greatest rescuer in history."

"You're insane!" Rainbow commented.

Rubira just rolls her eyes and walks off. "Whatever. Boys! You can have fun with them now." She cackled as she ran off. The two girls glared daggers at the attacking group of Pokemon, ready for the battle of their lifetime. Latias had one insult she could think of for the Ponyta. She muttered bitterly at the group of Pokemon.

"That bitch."

Author's Note:

HEEEEY EVERYONE!!! I'm back! Chapter 9 is finally here and I hope you guys enjoy it! I will be continuing this story and will be mystery dungeon based. Enjoy! ;D


I'm also sorry that the chapter is incredibly short. I promise to make a bigger one. I'm just stumped on writer's block right now :P :facehoof:

Comments ( 20 )

Oh hey, nice to see you back, and right after I finished rereading through the edited version. I really need to get Super Mystery Dungeon.

I just want to be sure remember it correctly, have you rewritten it, or did nothing changed from the previous chapters?
somehow hate it to read it, if it maybe changed more than I think right now, but I just have to read the new chapter.

Latias shook her head. "No. I feel like going through there would lead us nowhere. If any place, I would say she is at the one passage on the left."

that somehow sounds, like you had made a mix of the Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and an older one.

Latias shook her head. "No. I feel like going through there would lead us nowhere. If any place, I would say she is at the one passage on the left."

This confused the prismatic mare, how can she be so sure. As if reading her mind, Latias responded.

"I just have a feeling she's over the right side. We better get going, C'mon."

right or left?

"It's about of my damn scales." He growled in irritation. Over and over, an explorer would roll over here; beat him up and not only take his precious red stones, but his scales too. The scales that he grows on his body. Eventually he got sick of the treatment and decided to fight back. He refused to be everyone's punching-bag. It ends, today. He told the little Azurill everything he went through. The torment, the beatings and takings of his scales and stones. The Gabite sighed deeply, clearly upset that this is happening.

'I just want the torment to end.'

ohhhh nooooo, I get the feeling I can´t read any chapters after this, because I would get some huge spoilers from Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. in a way I don´t like it if a mlp story always change because of some new episodes, and suddenly skipped two seasons, or like this one just change the pokemon mystery dungeon version.

However this time the spoiler is a bigger problem, but I have at least seen this scene already.


Not sure when I get that Game, I feel like Preorder isn´t worth is, since I probably wont get the little extra from amazon anymore, but I can buy it in one or two weeks. However not sure if I´m going to by it first, there are two games I´m kind of interessted in, and still one game from last year that I want to buy if it isn´t that expensive anymore.

I have nothing against Mystery Dungeon, but I would like it if this isn´t just a replay from the new game, don´t really want to have many spoilers till then. Then again, I´m not sure how much you changed, and if that would still work, and stuff like that.

6916309

just a replay from the new game,

it isn't.

6916317 The mission is at least half of what I remember from that game, I have at least watched it that far, and because of that I´m kind of affraid, that you want this story to..... take a big bite out of the game.

I guess the only thing I want to know is, if you are planning to continue the story with much spoilers, I know of course that not everything was exactly like that, I think Azurill wasn´t in the cave.

6916332 No. I already have my own arcs planned out.

6916360 Well okay, should I read the whole story again?, I think you said you wanted to make some changes if I remember it right, and they are probably done right?

6916364 The changes are done and you can read them if you want.

I highly doubt that Rubira would be able to confront something as strong as a Gabite.

6916388 I enjoyed the story thus far and I continue to look forward to more. So I have a few questions regarding a few things. For instance are you going to be incorporating more things from the more recent titles such a Super Mystery Dungeon or Gates to Infinity? I mean I already see a couple things here and there with terminology.

Also don't get me wrong I enjoy the original worldbuilding you have here too. Like the Bellators. For instance, in chapter five, when Twilight comes with Artemis to his house and she sees Mega Stone shouldn't that be an Awakening Emera instead? Its just a regular Mega Stones come pairs, (with smaller ones being the keystone that goes on the bracelet), in the mainline games and need a bonded partner to activate.

Or is that a reference to a potential plot point later on? Or just an artifact from before the human and Pokemon conflicts? If not, its best to correct that. Also are we going to see any Magnagates? I wish you luck in the crafting your tale.

6923115

Don't worry. That point will happen. This I promise you. Everything will be covered and thank you. :3 Means alot.

Good chapter!
Sorry I haven't been saying or doing a lot. I've been a bit held up by school and procrastination. I promise that I'm getting things done! Just... Slowly.

One more thing: why'd you change the name of the story? I really liked the first name better.

new chapter please

Hiatus Ends: February 10

7 months later😁

8769371
Now that answers it wonderfully.

Awesome, liked and followed.

Why did you put how it spoils Super under a spoiler tag? Doesn't that defeat the point?

Rip this story and it’s maker

Forgive me if This comes off as cynical, but from the writers words and descriptions he really was hyping up this story and was rightfully proud of his work, while not wrong is in some was admirable, like many stories on this site it ends up being cancelled for whatever reason, be it real life commitment or just lack of motivation.

It’s just sad and ironic to see something that was passionately made be ended unceremoniously.

no do continue it i do like this story

Login or register to comment