• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,797 Views, 34 Comments

Harmony Effect - DW_Beast



Awoken nearly 51 thousand years in the future the mane 6 are brought into a galaxy that needs their help.

  • ...
11
 34
 1,797

Chapter 10

Pinkie Party in Space

Twilight slowly opened her eyes looking up at a familiar metal ceiling that she remembered from the first time she had awaken in this time line. Siting up with effort and a groggy nauseous feeling floating all through out her body. This was a sensation Twilight was very familiar with from her time as a student of Celestia, when she would push herself to hard and would get sick from magical drain.

A soft rhythmic breathing off to her right drew the lavender mare's attention to the bed next to her's. There on the bio bed laid a light blue elder Asari, the same one she had been in combat with during her last memories of the mission.

"Good to see you're awake Ms. Sparkle" Came the familiar voice of the ship's doctor. Turning her head the other direction she looked up toward the older human, whom was standing just off to her left looking down at the now flaring orange omni tool. Groaning the lavender slowly sat up her fingers gently caressing her aching horn, her studies and training telling her a after sign of mana exhaustion.

"Slowly Ms. Sparkle you seem to have over taxed yourself helping on the mission, they had to carry you and the matriarch back to the ship" The aged doctor quipped.

"What happened after I lost consciousness " Twilight asked squinting in the bright lights of the medical bay.

"We left ya and her with Liara as guard while the rest of us took care of the rest of the Rachni" came a country accented voice from the doorway making Twilight turn her head toward the voice. Leaning against the door frame was the still armor wearing orange earth pony.

"And the queen, Shepard didn't kill her did he" Twilight asked her as her violet eyes fixated on her friend as they adjusted to the lights.

"Shep didn't feel he had the right to turn a race extinct, so he let her go with a promise not to cause problems. Ah don't think them there council folk like that to much but he stood up fer his decision" AJ said with a tone of respect toward the human leading them. This caused Twilight to sigh with sigh of relief at that.

"Come on Twi Pinkie has been waiting fer ya to wake back up with ... some patients, let us head on down to the cargo bay." With a nod from the doctor Twilight followed her orange friend out of the room. Noticing on the outside of the door stood two armed guards weapons at the ready, guessing they were in case Banezia woke and was still a danger to the crew.



After exiting the slow elevator the two entered the cargo bay they noticed just about everyone was there, not doubt being dragged down there by their hyperactive pink friend. Said friend was standing in the middle of the group facing them with a huge grin on her face.

"We have finished our first mission as a team and even saved Liara's mom, you know what this calls for" asked the pink earth pony her grin never lessening as her friends all rolled their eyes knowing what was coming.

"A party" Pinkie exclaimed loudly her voice echoing over the metal storage area as she reached behind her back and to the surprise to the crew and strangely Twilight pulled her party cannon from her back making it appear from thin air. With a single pull of the cord on the base a powerful boom filled the making most of the crew flinch at the noise while the non combatant soldier ducked with fear. From the explosion a shower of confetti and streamer filled the room, and when everyone looked around to their shock the whole cargo bay was decorated for a party and even had a refreshment table right beside the requisition officer making him jump in shock at it's sudden appearance.

"Pinkie how did you do that" Twilight asked as she looked around at all the new stuff that appeared from thin air around them.

"Whatcha mean Twi, Pinkie used to do this all the time back in Ponyville" Aj asked beside her.

"Not really, I figured out how she did it eventually. Pinkie is surprisingly better at slight of hoof then even Trixie as she had most of her supplies hidden all over the place and would pull them from those hidden location by distracting our eyes with some other motions" Twilight commented as pupil changed into a magenta six sided star unknown to her as a few others who had been looking at her noticed the change. "I see now they are composed of pure mana" she finally commented after several moments of looking around now noticing not only the ability to see energy but also how much brighter the cargo bay was. Ignoring this for now she continued her thought process "It would see that Pinkie's ability would be manifesting temporary matter using her mana as a construct. There seems to be a limit though I can see the very slow break down, if I were to give a rough estimate I would say without her constant mana support it would take about an hour to break down and vanish."

"Yeah, well enough of this egghead stuff Twi. Who cares how she does it let's just party and deal with this stuff later" Rainbow said loudly breaking her brainy alicorn friend from her thoughts knowing her well enough to know she would go on and on all night if they let her.

"Yeah party time" the pink mare exclaimed as she materialized a jukebox, pulling it in front of her make Twilight shake her head at how easy Pinkie seems to pick up her new ability as if it were second nature. Decided to let it go for now and not spoil it for everyone else, the room darkened and the visible energy vanished from her sight as her eyes changed back with a lack of focus.



As the party raged on, most of the crew thankful for the distraction from the stressful work they had to undergo day in and day out. The only down side was that while Pinkie's materialized punch and treats had taste they couldn't fill you up as they broke down instantly inside of any person without mana to support them, much to Wrex's chagrin having tried to eat most of it himself.

Twilight found herself bopping her head to the music and a feeling of wanting to do her non dancing dance. Just before she was about to 'bust a move' so to speak she saw Liara making a beeline toward her with a thankful expression on her face.

"Thank you Twilight for saving my mother, I know it would have been easier to just kill her to free her but you used all your power to free her from the control she was under" the archaeologist looking slightly down at the shorter equine with a smile. "I could never repay you for it" she continued making the mare blush prettily making the Asari marvel at how the fur actually changed color when she blushed. Liara couldn't seem to help it, as she spent time with Twilight learning from one another and the powerful energy she used to save her mother had the young Asari finding herself now more drawn to the ancient equine than Shepard. Swallowing her fear as she continued once more with a slight stutter of nervousness in her voice "Twilight, umm I was wandering if when we get back to the Citadel if you would umm go out and grab a bite with me."

Twilight looked back up in shock after trying to look down to hide her blush at Liara. Twilight would be lying to herself she she said she didn't find the woman attractive mentally and physically, she also knew that the Asari were monogendered meaning this would not be weird. Taking in the hope-filled eyes of her friend she wandered if she was asking because of attraction or something else. "Liara, if this is about my saving your mother you don't have to."

"No Twilight that is not it, with our little talks here and there I have been finding you attractive on a intellectual level. I have rarely meet a person who picked up technology and never once even heard of a person becoming as skilled a hacker as you have done in so little time and could see in a year at most you will become one of the best hackers in the galaxy. This last mission I will admit though when you were all heroic fighting my mother, I saw another side of you. This brave woman who would do what ever it took to do what is best for others, who would face down one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy and pound her into the ground was, well rather sexy. So no it's not all about generosity for saving my mother, so will you" she asked again the pigments in her cheeks changing slightly.

Smiling embarrassed at her she nodded a little. "Well if you feel that way, then yes I would love to go out with you"said looking at the floor.



Author's Note:

Well I am back sort of. Sorry it took so long just to write up a short chapter but went back to work after my medical leave came up. While not hard it is a soul sucking job I hate so by the time I get home my creativity is severely drained. I am hoping to find a rhythm soon with it so it will not take me months to post more content. Also thinking of adding Codex entries with info about modern Equis let me know what you think about that.

While I was reviewing some of the earlier one I realized I deleted a part from the fight with Banezia. Twilight's new gift was originally shown their for the first time instead of here. This is only a part of it. All six have a level 1 and 2 new power for example Rainbow's level on is her speed and reaction while level 2 isn't uncovered yet (still thinking that up on most). Level 1 powers are more common and easier for them while 2 is draining and will only be used sparingly. I do know Pinkie and Twilight will show their level 2 powers before the end of this story while the others probably wont show up till near the end of ME2 and 3.If anyone has any ideas for a level 2 power for Rainbow, Applejack or Rarity I will take suggestions.

As always let me know if you see any mistakes and I will fix it. Was rather tired by the time I finished so my own proof reading probably missed a few more things.

Comments ( 4 )

I would love to see some codex entries for the modern Equis. For the level 2 powers I cannot think of any right now with out seeing what they have at level 1. Otherwise, great to have you back and looking forward to future chapters!

An interesting premise thusfar, but its relatively early yet in the game, and there is much to do still at the BARE MINIMUM

Caught up and looking forward to the next chapter. I've only played me3 with maybe 5 hours logged. The story has a lot of potential and you got yourself another reader.

I do hope you continue this my old profile was Obama_69( Every time i try to login said's it doesn't exist) So i made a new one. But I do like this a good amount. If you do continue will you explain how the main six look now again. Cant really find a good description of how they look now in this story. And then d you plan on Twighlight finding spike's body( Maybe she resurrects him) and then maybe Celestia, Luna and Cadence either they talk to her through a vision or at least one of them gets resurrected. I don't know i would like something done with that. Kind of just disappointing i guess to have them just be dead. And lastly will you have shepard romance anyone in this. My two votes go for Either Tali or Twighlight. Any way hope toy see more

Login or register to comment