• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,797 Views, 34 Comments

Harmony Effect - DW_Beast



Awoken nearly 51 thousand years in the future the mane 6 are brought into a galaxy that needs their help.

  • ...
11
 34
 1,797

Chapter 4

Settling in

After Shepard left to go on his mission down on the planet below, Twilight found herself talking with the female soldier that he had talked to on his way out. She listened to the woman explain bout the machine in front of her that unlocked nearly limitless information at the touch of her finger tips. Needless to say the idea of a massive library contained within the small device sitting in front of her definitely had the alicorn's full attention.

Beside Twilight only Rarity stayed behind to learn about it, wanting to hear about how she could look up new fashion trends in the galaxy. She wanted to focus on the information given to her about the second device in front of her to take her mind off of the loss of her little sister and parents whom would have died so long ago no one would have even know they existed. She had sat a little closer to Twilight then before playing off it was easier to hear the information the two were given then the truth. She sat closer to her light purple friend taking comfort in the familiar presence.



While the two horned mares stayed behind the rest went off to explore the ship and maybe find something to catch their attention so they too could take their minds off the loss of everything that had ever known.

Rainbow Dash was one such person as she careful walked up the stairs to the large command center on shaky legs. The door at the top of the stairs had opened into a sci fi lovers dream, with the most prominent feature to catch her eyes was the large command center in the center with a sloping walk way leading up to holographic display of the galaxy, along the sides are a line of orange holo screens. Moving slowly into the room she notices a bald man with dark facial hair giving her a dirty look from one of the consoles.

She quickly moves past him and the command station, moving up into a hallway with what seemed to be a trench on each side lined with more consoles. She wanders her way forward seeing the end of the hall where a man sat looking over his own displays. "Hey!" She hollered as she entered the cockpit. "Guess you the one flying this thing?" she asked with an intregued tone.

Joker nodded to her and anouced with a boasted voice. "I sure am, best pilot in the alliance." He looked back the cyan colored pony with a raised eyebrow.

Rainbow smiled as she sat down in the seat next to him and looked over the console in front of her wandering what it would be like to fly something so massive and so fast. She looked over at him this time with a sly smile. "Think you could teach me how to fly a space ship?"



Fluttershy wandered back into the med bay where the most quiet and less people seemed to congregate. Walking over to the doctor was her steps slow, shuffling her hooves in a anxious manner. Quietly taking in the aged doctor's demeanor as the older woman turned to look at her.

"Oh ...umm if it is not to much trouble could you umm teach me about medicine?? Though the last words to come from her mouth here barely audible, the doctor heard her only just.

With a warm calming smile at the skittish mare, thinking for a moment about having company in the lonely medical bay Chakwas nodded to her before speaking in a soft gentle tone. "Sure, tell you what while you're here why not aid me as my nurse. This way you can learn about medicine from hands on experience?" All the yellow mare could do was nod her head and show a bit of excitement in her eyes.



Pinkie Pie went down the slow elevator ride to the cargo area with Applejack, but split off from her from there. Applejack wandering around walking slowly like Rainbow dash did still getting used to being bipedal, she unlike Dash came down to the cargo hold so that she could spend sometime walking around the empty area and get steady on her hooves.

Applejack wandered the cargo bay walking in circles for around five minutes her steps becoming steadier, after feeling comfortable with her balance she started to jog this time going in a figure eight pattern slowly increasing her speed each moment. After another 10 minutes ending with a steady sprint slipping only occasionally as the hard hoof slid on the smooth metal parts of the floor. On the last lap she slid more then she had before colliding with Wrex, her weight barely budging him a inch before hitting the floor with a thud.

"Hey watch where you're going you furry runt!" Came the gravely voice in a grating tone that seemed to aggravate the orange mare. Getting back to her hooves she turned to the Krogan and like Dash never one to back down looked him fearlessly in the eyes. "What the hay twas an accident, no need'n to have an attitude bout it. Fer what it's worth sorry ah ran into ya."

The Krogan gave a gravely chuckle before testing the waters a little to see how tough the mare was, remembering the hit while near weightless to him her body was solid. He pushed out to shove her away, and in reflex she moved to the side of the movement and grabbed his wrist pulling to throw him off balance. With a bit of force but not as hard as she felt she could she got a surprising result as the massive reptilian alien went flying half way across the cargo bay and landed with a resounding thud.

Wrex got back up and looked at the small mare with a predatory grin. "Thought I saw the fight in your eyes runt, you got a pair of quads that's for sure." Stretching a little before slamming his fists together his grin getting bigger. "Let us see how tough you really are, how bout a friendly sparing match? I'll try not to hurt you to bad."

Applejack gulped but her pride would not let her back down from the challenge she raised both arms in an instinctive manner to guard her face before exclaiming. "Bring er on partner!"



Pinkie on like the other seemed to have no problem walking on only two legs, even got her bounce back as she and Applejack split up. Bouncing into engineering as her eyes widened at the massive engine on the other side. Before seeming to materialize against the console next to Tali, her already massive eyes still wide in wander at it as it seemed to call to her.

She turned to the closest person that being Tali and ran up to her getting to close her breath as she spoke making the glass of the mask of her suit started to fog up with each rapid word. "Hi I am Pinkie Pie who are you? What are you? Would you be my friend? Tell me how the giant glowing ball thingy works please, please, please, preeeeetttttttyyyyyy ppplllleeeaaasseee."

Taken aback to the bright pink mare's sudden closeness and number of questions all of which where said in a single breath dumbfounding the Quarian profusely. "Ummm Tali'Zorah nar Rayya. I am a Quarian, I guess I could be your friend." She spoke with a confused yet somewhat amused tone. "I guess I could try to help you understand how it works a little."

"YAY" She yelled out loudly before hugging the exo suit wearing alien before settling down as much as she could, which isn't much for the pink ball of energy. She stood back a little to listen with a never changing smile on her face.



Back up in the mess area Rarity's focus had somehow shifted from fashion to fashionable and very unfashionable armors. She found both Human and Equine armors ugly. She started reading up on how they are made though and how each type is different in terms and levels of protection. In her mind she started to lay it out how to mix the compounds to make the tough plates. Though she was not sure how well the barrier would work, but decided to take that up with Shepard to see if he could point her out to the right person to give her the right information to make her and the others their own more appealing armors.

As she continued with her research she kept clicking on the next link in the series until gun and other weapon information came up. Surprisingly Rarity found the information facinating to her the design of most of the guns seemed like a fashion accessory.

Next to her Twilight had worked through the history and current culture of Equuis, most of the hard details having worked their way into her's and the other's heads thanks to the vision so the research had not taken long. She quickly began to search on information of their host Shepard and all relevant data on it, like what a N7 and specter were. She learned about him being born to parents who also served in this worlds military making him what they called a spacer. She read on the horrors of how he was the only one to survive an attack on a human colony world called Akuze, and how his whole squad had been killed by a giant worm like creature called a thresher maw. As she looked through his information she came across two video files one very recent and another the day before. The first one showed the video of Shepard's enlistment into the Specters, the second one was called leaked footage of Eden Prime, and one image in that video really caught her attention.

Author's Note:

I wanted to make sure the girls had some kinda side job.
Rainbow Dash - secondary pilot (mostly really Mako, Hammerhead and kodiak)
Fluttershy -field medic
Applejack -Some security skills (the strength thing will be explained in the next few chapters)
Pinkie Pie -engineer (I know it's cliche but honestly it fits Pinkie has shown that she is a bit of an eccentric genius in the show and movies)
Rarity - quartermaster she will also design the armor for the six
Twilight - researcher she will have something else but will show that later (its not her magic skill)