• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,797 Views, 34 Comments

Harmony Effect - DW_Beast



Awoken nearly 51 thousand years in the future the mane 6 are brought into a galaxy that needs their help.

  • ...
11
 34
 1,797

Chapter 2

Awaken

To Shepard and the rest of the universe the blinding light had only taken a few seconds before receding back into 6 small glowing pony forms. Each of the forms though was its own color with a different shaped and colored gem floating over them. One was an orange apple with small green leaves coming from the top the pony shape under this gem was also orange with waves of same colored light coming off the form that seemed to give a feeling of strength and trust.

A blue party balloon was the next one that caught his eyes below another glowing pony form this one was blue with waves coming off gave a feeling joy and laughter making each of the tree a challenge to keep a straight face and not smile and laugh.

The next was a purple gem that was actually shaped like a gem beneath the glowing pony form was a little little different then the other two as it had what looked like a single horn from the middle of its head, this one gave off a sensation of beauty and generosity.

Beside that was a pink butterfly shape the pony under it glowed pink as a well but its form seemed to have what looked like wing shaped from its back, its aura felt of unending kindness and gentleness.

The fifth was a red lightning bolt shaped gem and like the pink one the red glowing one seemed to have a set of wings on its back, its aura felt of determination and a friends show of loyalty.

The last one was a magenta six sided star the pony bellow was the most unique seeming to be a little taller then the other and have both wings and a horn, the aura was also the most different as it gave off a feeling of knowing and nearly bring you to your knees power.

The glow ponies all at once seemed to all open their mouths at once as more of the same color energy came out swirling around their individual forms slowly. This continued until all six where completely raped up in an egg shaped cocoon. This held for merely a minute as the pulses of emotions seemed to increase in both speed and intensity, while the gems over head spinning speed increased at the dame level until the their shape was impossible to make out. The gems after a solid five minutes of this slowly started to descend down into the glowing cocoons and the pulses stopped altogether and the glow subsided.

The chamber around them dimmed as the glow receded and the colorful cocoons slowly broke away fading into nothingness. Looking out as the glow was gone entirely leaving only bright spots in the three sets of eyes making it impossible to see anything for a few moments. When their visions cleared they could make out what looked to be six Equines where the glow was, those though seemed different then any of the equines they had seen wandering the galaxy. First the colorful fur coats with only three of them seeming to have colored coat colors and only one of those had a normal color mane.

This one was orange it seemed almost tan colored in the lighting and a blond colored mane and tail both which oddly enough tired up into pony tails. The other normal colored coat one was white but that's where the normalness ended as it had a white spiral horn coming from the center of its forehead and a obviously well maintained deep purple mane and tail both of which where curly. Next up was the other somewhat normal coated one it was a soft yellow but again that's where the normalness ended as sprayed out on the ground under its shoulder blades where two soft yellow wings, its mane was a soft pink color that seemed to be well taken care of but not obsessively so. This mane brought Shepard's attention to another pink as his eyed took in a shockingly pink equine with a darker pink mane and tail, that remind Shepard of childhood and cotton candy as it swirled up into a poofy mess on its head. Next to the pink one was a light blue one, like the yellow one this on had a set of light blue wings coming from its back spreed out across the ground under it, the mane and tail were wild like the creature had better things to do then take care of it and where literally rainbow colored each color evenly spread out with somehow non over lapping the other. The last one was a lavender color with a dark blue mane and tail both had a purple and pink strip though them, this one had both lavender wings and a spiral horn of the same color coming from its head.

Besides the odd features and colors he noticed like other Equines they where bipedal and somewhat horse like with a set of dual segmented elongated hooves that made it easy to walk and hold ones balance and four digit hands. But unlike the tall Equines theses six where short five seemed to be an average height of 4'11" to 5', the lavender one was about 5'3" still short for human standards let alone Equines. Their heads where another oddity as most Equines had long horse faces, but these six had rounded heads with small cute short perky muzzles coming out.

Walking up to the small group he got a better eye of their naked forms and the lack of dangling genitalia and the dual lumps on their chests made him identify all as female, luckily the fur coats hid most that could be considered embarrassing. Kneeling down to the lavender one he slowly felt for a pulse. He quickly found a strong one and looked out at the other five he noticed the slow rhythmic chest moving that indicated that they were all alive and breathing, just unconscious. Picking up the lavender one, placing her over his shoulder he moved the the orange one and did the same putting her over his over shoulder. Turning he motioned to his two squad mates to do the same before all three made their way quickly back the the Mako gently carrying the girls.



Back inside the Normandy's medical bay Shepard, Kaiden and Wrex brought in their cargo and all but Shepard left the room. After explaining the events to Dr Chakwas while she was examining the six. "Well Shepard, I can honestly say other then some odd energy coming off from them, of which is throwing off a lot of my instruments. The six of them are extremely healthy, actually are the most healthy Equines I have ever seen." The silver haired physician said in a strong wise voice.

Shepard looked out at the new passengers with a raised eyebrow. "What about the odd coloring and extremities, I have never seen such things on an Equine?"

The Doctor looked back at her commanding officer and friend with a smile and spoke softer now not wanting to wake up the guests. "When I was studying the physiology of the different races, I visited a museum on Equuis. They had ancient fossils that showed their ancestors. Now you said that when they where glowing the looked to be on all fours right?" The man nodded to her. "This fits before around 48 thousand years ago the races of Equuis where far more diverse, not only where Equines quadrupeds but there where several more species that existed. Griffons, dragons, an horse like insectoid creature and ponies a slightly smaller version, all living on the same world. Now the ponies descendants still exist having evolved and merging with the Equines today, but back then they were separated into four clans who peaceful coexisted. This these two while normal shape in our eyes are different then the ones we know today."

Chakwas pointing at the Orange then at the pink one. "They are called Earth ponies and were believed to be stronger, more resilient and able to grow plants easily. How the later was is not known, but that's the myth. The next two where called Pegasus." Motioning this time to the winged blue and yellow ones. "It was believed that they could control the weather by flying around moving the clouds or agitating them in some way to make rain of even lightning. The white one is a Unicorn, this one was believed to actually have magic" She snorts a little at the thought. "Maybe they can manipulate that strange energy they all seem to have. The last one there is the rarest, the museum said that according to myths there where only four in existence." She motions to the lavender one as she speaks." Alicorns these where supposed to be not only royalty but viewed as gods of the old world, believed to have attributes of all three sub races and more magic then the others." "What of the strange markings on their well... err butts." He said trying to a straight face. "Don't know maybe tribal something to alter the furs pigment colors. You'll have to ask them that when they come to." Shepard nodded making his way from the medical room as two guards stepped in to take his place for the doctor's safety.

Heading across the mess to his new quarters with a thoughtful look on his face. After letting the door close behind him he went to his desk and activated the extranet punching in the name 'Professor Ground Breaker'. Reading over the info that came up was basic info the name that he was 268 years old he was a professor of precorruption history at Equestria University one of the premiere schools in the galaxy. Shepard switched to information on his work in the field trying to figure out why a history professor on Equuis history would be on a dig several systems away. 'The Princess and Harmony' was the title on the screen. This was what he was looking for as the professor's notes spoke of an ancient myth about how one of the four alicons and a group of five of her closest friends wielded and ancient power, supposedly the most powerful objects in their would to defeat a what the ancient texts called the 'Star Beast' before being lost into the heavens. Looking up at the wall in front of him that would house the medical bay across the hallway and the six female Equines and wandered if there were some truths to the middle aged Equines theories.



On a bed in the medical bay a certain lavender that was currently making Shepard curious start to groggily come to her eyelid slowly opening as her violet eyes slowly tried to adjust to the light that had not entered them in more then 50 thousand year.

Author's Note:

I made a mistake in Chapter 1, I am surprised no one commented on the fact I messed up Wrex's name by forgetting the silent 'W". I am going back to fix it. I am ashamed I did that I have played and beaten all 3 Mass Effects dozens of time I should know better.