• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,797 Views, 34 Comments

Harmony Effect - DW_Beast



Awoken nearly 51 thousand years in the future the mane 6 are brought into a galaxy that needs their help.

  • ...
11
 34
 1,797

Chapter 1

Lost in Time

The Elements of Harmony reached out through time and space seeking the very last collective through the six had as the darkness took them, the thought of home. This light moved through a single moment in time and searched for Equuis trying to find answers for their bearers. With in the glowing mass the six ponies saw the search as they watch moving from star to star, until it found the small blue, green and brown sphere that held the nation of Equestria. Looking upon the landscape upon defeating the beast, the mountain that Canterlot had once set along the side of was hit with a stray shot causing it to crumble burying the once great capital under a ton of boulders and dirt leaving not a trace. Their home Ponyville, while much was still standing the destruction was obvious and several ponies they knew lay lifeless killed in the destruction of their homes. Some homes which took direct hits from the beast left no evidence of their occupants to be seen, the red light making only ash to remain.

Time seemed to speed up as day and night passed in a nearly strobe light like fashion watching as homes where rebuilt and the dead where given loving funerals. Time slowed again to fast but not blinding speed. They watched as chaos came not only to their home all of Equestria upon the knowledge that all but one of the princesses where gone from the world. Riots and crime began as homeless numbers grew and parents forced to do what was needed to feed their starving foals, even if sometimes it meant the death of another.

The kind royal guards vanished in number as they where replaced by ponies in heavier armor and higher brutality who would sometimes drag ponies from their homes beating them if they even spoke out of line against the now ruling King Blue Blood, whom was on a trip to Manehatten at the time of the attack or any of his court. Relations with the Crystal Empire slipped as Cadence spoke out against her aunt's replacement, other allied nations followed like Saddle Arabia and the Griffon Kingdom due to the new kings treatment of foreign dignitaries.

A revolution started up in the once happy utopian kingdom, as the disenfranchised citizens rose up being aided secretly by the Crystal Empire through an underground movement. Many died on both sides friend killing friend, brother killing brother, families destroyed in the carnage that drenched the land in blood. After what seemed years of war Blue Blood and his cronies where drug from their fortresses and executed publicly and their bodies dumped into the trash as a final insult to the tyrant. In the place of the police state dictatorship rose up a republic with each town having a representative to represent their needs to cast votes what the nation did.

Again time speed up again to the watching eyes months and years passing in the blink of an eye before slowing down again to allow them to observe another massive change occurring in their world. The beast that they defeated still in orbit had deteriorated over the years and was now leaking a dark substance from the massive corpse, this dark substance slowly raining all over the world. The people began to grow sick and birth defects began in mass, as the beasts corruption began to plague the land in an seemingly earnest revenge. As the corruption continued it seemed unicorn and pegasus foals where no longer being born, then coats started to loose their bright technicolor shades instead settling for browns, blacks, tans, and whites. Manes lost their bright tone as well turning more subtle in their shades, back hooves grew in length as a membrane slowly grew segmenting the tip of the hoof allowing it to fold a little for better stability and walking in the hind legs. With the forelegs no longer needed for stability hooves on the fore legs began to vanish from the new born foals slowly giving rise to four bumps at the end of the appendage that eventually grew into three fingers and an opposable thumb. Ponies grew in height as well eliminating the ponies altogether leaving only 7-8 foot tall horse people. By this point mana use or magic as they called it vanished from it citizens being replaced by varying biotic abilities, seems the world kept the clans separate even if they did not know it. Three types of biotics arose some could create barriers usually stronger barriers then any other race but could do nothing else. Others could generate around themselves allowing them to manipulate gravity fields around them for levitation, long range leaping or even limited flight. Another group could wield biotics on a level of that of an Asari with a small number of the most powerful enough to be ranked with Asari Matriarchs.

The plague and also brought famine that hit the other races much harder then the equine, hydras began to attack cities making the armies of the republic fight them and with sheer numbers eventually brought the multi headed serpents to extinction. The plague had done in the dragons weakening them with sores and scale loss killing most in fever fits while others meet the same fate as that of the hydras, in the end only one dragon remained, a friendly ancient purple and green dragon who stood guard watching the heavens as if hoping and waiting for something. In the end even he too gave in, dying alone in his cave in his sleep holding in his claws a faded tattered photo and a single tear running down his cheek. With the loss of magic the changlings could no longer feed on love and slowly starved to death. In the end only two sentient races remained the equine and the griffons, while the equines evolved the griffons did not as the birth rate dropped drastically. With fear gripping the shrinking griffon kingdom, they placed the blame on the equines calling it an act of war. Even with the reduced numbers the sheer strength of the griffons made the war a bloody one, but even with heavy losses the equines had won and what was left of the griffons had retreated where they faded from existence leaving the once strong proud race to die out not with a bang but a sickly whimper. After nearly five thousand years Princess Cadence the last relic of the old world and ex ruler of the once Crystal Empire finally passed away in her sleep, her strong alicorn magic protecting her from the plague but not of the ravages of time proving that even the once believed immortal alicorns grew old in enough time.

Time once again sped back up decade and centuries passing in a instance as the civilization grew again now relying on technology over magic. The beast now no longer held by the effects of the magic of the planet drifted off into the void leaving it and the old world only as a myth. They watched as their races descendants started to travel to the stars and eventually uncover a Prothean ruin where mass effect technology was uncovered and the mass relay was found. Being a curious adventurous race they where they jumped at this chance to explore the galaxy and discovering the massive station the citadel and a new race who had only been there ten years the Asari. The two friendly races came to an alliance rather quickly, and added a third race to that alliance merely a few days later. As the six watched the tall equine shake hands with the smaller amphibian creature everything went dark as unconsciousness took them.

Author's Note:

Well there is the next one, have a couple more chapters I can do before I will have to replay the game again to make sure I get the missions right. Not sure what class to have Shepard as yet so I will take any suggestions.