• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 2,266 Views, 76 Comments

Dashing through the Fire - Harmony Split



They love each other, no matter doubt. Spitfire and Rainbow Dash just have agreed onto a relationship. A relationship with many barriers in it. Barriers, that will drive both pegasus over their limits.

Comments ( 9 )

Sequel! :trollestia: Yes, it's what I am gonna talk about.
To tell you the truth, this is extremely awesome fiction!
Thank you soooooooo much for making it happenned. You made me ship SpitDash heheh.
Btw can't wait for the sequel! :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Ok, let's get a few things straight first...

I am all for clop fics

Clop with a story is an even better plus

A clopfic reaching over 100k words? Where do I sign!?

Until I get a few chapters in and realise that I was skipping most of it because the sex scenes dragged on for hours on end with motions that had been described about 6 times already in previous chapters...

And then there was the entire 12k word chapter where nothing happened but four ponies banging each other senseless...
I guess (as much as I should probably hate to say it) there was a bit too much sex going on for me to see the story flow like water, rather than... well... yeah, let's not continue that line of thought...

Now that the elephant in the room has been addressed, let's move on to some of the story elements...

I could say that Dash and Spitfire's relationship started incredibly quickly, but then outright saying they'd been 'together' for (x) amount of time negated that...

Having Spits and Vinyl be a previous item is an interesting choice... but not a bad one by any means...
Making Soarin' the jealous opposition was... bleh... I just don't get it...
Spitfire outright says that it means nothing... "Didn't it mean anything to you?"
Spitfire outright says that she's gay... "Why don't you love me!?"
Spitfire straight-up tells him there's no chance... "What can I do!?"

ugh... There's obsessed, and then there's troubled... But, well, you need someone to make tension so-
wait

I'm sure Spitfire told Rainbow that they had slept together prior to her flipping out and blowing everything out of proportion...
Which, by the way, leads to one of the most drastic tonal shifts I've witnessed (in quality stories anyway)...
I mean, Rainbow flies away in (rage/frustration/confusion) without really understanding exactly what Spitfire meant...
She stops flying, putting 2 & 2 together to work out what Spitfire may have wanted, prompting Rainbow to be confused on her feelings/hopes/dreams, telling herself that she needed to talk to another pony to get her head straight...
Flies back to (Trottingham?) only to nearly kill herself being in such a rush to get back to get these feelings off her chest...
Only to wake up in hospital next to Spitfire and just talk it out like nothing had ever happened...

Also: I'm sure that if Rainbow was flying as fast as she could, and Spitfire rushed as quickly as she could to catch Rainbow falling to the ground... There's no way either would survive because the speed of that collision would do more than shatter wings...
I was expecting concussions, amnesia, broken legs/ribs/anything else...
But, nope... "You're both grounded for a month (or two), get out of her bed, take these drugs.... Have fun!"

Anyway, what else was there...
Oh, right... the trial! How could we forget about that...
For the most part I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary... Although I found it strange that Cadance was on as Co-Judge instead of Luna (probably sleeping) But then again, it being a trial focused around love her presence makes sense...

I can't remember the mention of a jury, or if it was just Celestia's word as law... The entire premise their defence was based off seems like flimsy logic, really... I mean, it makes sense... If a rule was put into place to stop a problem, but that problem isn't happening, why is it a problem?
But that being said, you could argue it towards other things that don't make as much sense...
Like: (best example I can think of) "Why must there be a speed limit? Because if I speed, nothing has gone wrong, I haven't hit anything"

Or you could argue the point of the restricted magic wing in the library... But, yeah... It's stepping into grounds that I don't have a firm grasp on, so, I can't say anything more...

Alrighty; general summary of that entire wall of words...

1) Clop that is fantastically written, but quite samey towards the end
2) Characters that turned out to have interesting points in the story
3) Dumb decisions by several characters were incredibly dumb
4) Physics that don't make sense
5) A trial defence based on flimsy logic when turned towards other subjects
6) CROTCH BOOBS EXISTED!!

*ahem*
yeah, sentence structure and grammar were quite good, for the most part... Very rarely was a section re-read to get the proper meaning of what's going on...

So with that, I think I've written a comment that's a tad too long...
T'was a fine story to read, I'll probably look into the sequel too if I spot it *checks your profile page* nope... not yet...
But wait, YOU were the one who wrote Translucent Hearts?
AND the CC/Flit story series!?

No wonder everything started to sound samey~ish...
I really need to pay attention a bit more...
You (insert gender specific title) are amazing!

(I apologise if this review sounds mostly negative, everything not mentioned here was either exceptional, or just not bad enough to irk me... I usually just complain about things I didn't like, rather than what I loved about it. Y'know, criticism and all)
And since this is almost 900 words, I'll definitely stop now...
(Although I will get around to tearing other stories apart once I go through them again... yay)

6530410

In short summary:
That's me
Glad you haven't read Preening Lessons by now then xD

Is this ever getting a sequel?

7157839

Yes but with my current schedule it might take a while

7158634 Cool cool, I'll just go and read through it again again then.

Bravo excellent work!!!

... it's been 2 years... And i still haven't finished reading this...
Ok, that's it, the next however long it takes, im catching up. Ive missed a bunch of your stories lately and feel like a dick for it. XP

Login or register to comment