• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 581 Views, 4 Comments

In Remembrance - Ponyess



This all started about Sixteen years ago. I never got to know her, just like so many other kids never knew their fathers. She did leave me a Mark, though. A mark that reminds me of where I came from, and the joy I was meant to spread.

  • ...
2
 4
 581

A Slight Detour: 2

Since I had enjoyed my breakfast, it is time to do something else. The weather told me to go out and enjoy myself. With that I walked out to the hall, picking up a pair of socks, matching the ensemble I wear, slipping the socks on, right and left, only lifting my feet in order to manage. Then I pick up a shiny pink shoe and slip my foot in, before I pick up the left and slip the other foot in. With that I open the door and walk out.


“Diana, are you going out?” Mum inquired as she heard the door.

“Yeah, can’t stay in moping all day in this fine weather!” I responded.

“Okay, then I know you are out. Are you back for lunch?” she continued.

“I think so!” I continued.

“Then I will have lunch for you in a few hours!” she pointed out, just before I closed the door.


As I look up, I can clearly see the sun, just a few summer clouds chasing one-another over the clear, bright blue sky. This is the perfect day to be outside. Certainly not a day to be indoors, I could do that any day.

I could have gone out, barefoot, but I do love my pink shoes. Once I had chosen to wear the shoes, I could as well wear the socks under as well, while I am at it.

A pair of simple looking girls’ shoes and white socks is all that is between my bare feet, not all that much. I still do feel the ground as I step out.

From time to time, I cast a glance up towards the sky, imagining the sun followed a path dictated by the Princess my Mum had called Celestia, at the times she spoke of the tails Pinkie Pie told her of the place she came from and later returned to. I guess that was inevitable. She couldn’t abandon her friends and leave the village desolate and in the despair she had seen as she had her mark mixed up.


I had just discovered the balloon in the box on my flank, then I had managed to pull it off of my flank and inflate it, as if it had been an ordinary balloon you bought in any shop? It felt so personal and intimate, I can’t just show it off as if it was the latest hype. I know girls doesn’t have these marks, and they can’t pull balloons off of their flanks either.

I know I am special, I always knew that much, just not quite how special. I am the one known daughter of Pinkie Pie, yet living in the world of regular Humans. What was I to do and how could I make my own place here?

With the mark of the balloon manifested, maybe I could throw parties, just like her? Could I make them happy and laugh and smile, just as Pinkie Pie was known to do? I know I am not her. I am a different individual in a very different realm. Possibilities and options are different, not directly limited.

Either way, I have to throw a party, to try to make a few friends happy, even if I couldn’t explain the reasons behind my drive to throw this one party. With that, I had to buy a few things, like balloons, confetti and streamers. Then I had to buy all the other things we did not have at home, required for the party.

If they don’t know I have my own supply of balloons, I need a cover to show them. For now, I have neither streamers, nor confetti, so I need to buy these supplies for the party as well. Maybe the next side of my box on the mark will contain confetti or streamers, but until I have them in my hands, I need to buy them as well.

Good thing I live in a reasonably large community, they have more than one store selling the items I am looking for. I just need to go through the entire stock of the respective item in the available stories in order to pick up a few different packages to see what they have.

The little city is great, I love my suburb. The little villas lined up, house by house on both sides of the road. The beautiful green lawns on the front, the paths laid with stone tiles or bricks, the neat decorative fences and the flowers planted before their respective homes. For some reason, I have a special love for the pink roses.

I live on a street connecting to the southbound road to the center of our city. I never did read the signs, I just know where to go, as if I had had an internal GPS, which sounds like a silly expression, but they seem to love selling them with the mobile phones, these days.


The first store I came across from where I live is Toys’R’Us, they are known to sell all kinds of toys for children of all ages. Even for the older boys, known as men. They profess having toys for any who may desire them, which I guess they do. Just as they have toys, they have a small compliment of fairly high quality balloons. I only look at the once crafted out of actual, pure rubber. I don’t like the plastic variants. They just don’t have the quality I need. If the colours are better, who cares?

I found a few streamers and confetti as well. I chose to take a package of shiny pink balloons in the average size and the regular shape. Then I picked a package of confetti and another package of streamers.

Once I had made my choices, I slowly made my way towards the exit and approached the counter, where the girl sits, waiting for her customers to check out the items of choice, which is where I promptly paid for the three packages.

“A very fine choice, high quality. You really love the best, I take it. Planning a party, I take it!” she suggested.

“Yeah, I love quality. I’m toying with the idea of throwing a party, so I need to see the items firsthand in order to see how best to use them. It will be a blast!” I responded.

“Throwing a party with quality, that is bound to be a blast!” she responded.

“That is why I pick the best I could find. I may need a few more for the party, I will be back to pick them up in time for preparing that. Although I may have to ask to see more specific items for the party, in time before I open the doors to my party!” I responded.

“Quality always makes the difference. Now you make me wish I could be on the party. I fear I am too old and busy, though!” she added.

“Sure is worth to pay a little extra for quality. The difference is worth more than just adding more items. If you can’t go in person, there is the chance you know someone who could enjoy the party?” I offered.

“Like a daughter?” she inquired, in a more curious tone of voice.

“Sounds just about right. For now, I consider to have it on a weekend. Best time since you are supposed to relax and have fun!” I responded.

“Yeah, that is exactly what the weekend was intended for. A laid-back party with friends, what could possibly be better?” she put forth.

“Exactly!” I responded, just as I had gathered my items and continued on my way, out of the store.

With that, I walk out the door, pondering which store was next. I like the items I had found, this far, but it never hurt to at least see, what the other stories could offer.

Author's Note:

Diana's POV

Comments ( 1 )

...........................

Login or register to comment