• Published 18th Oct 2014
  • 3,010 Views, 118 Comments

Power Ponies: Heroes of the Next Generation - N7_Spartan117



When the Power Ponies go missing, it's up to their children to take up the superhero mantle to save them and the world!

  • ...
10
 118
 3,010

Plans

“So that it? This is your ‘brilliant’ plan?” asked Rainbow Dash. “You honestly think it will be that easy?”

“As much as it discourages me have to agree,” said Rarity, as she looked over the suspended hologram of the island with a look of uncertainty.

“I agree, it's not the best plan but we are dealing with unknowns,” explained Twilight “We don't know what to expect. The island could be completely abandoned or--”

“Filled with killer plants!” exclaimed Pinkie, earning her confused looks. “What, it could happen.”

“Ah, doubt it,” said Applejack, giving the mare pat on the back for effort.

“I hope so,” Said Fluttershy, fearfully in a whisper, remembering her fights with the plant controlling scientist Dr. Spore.

“Doubtful,” said Twilight, as she read the scenes from the island. “It seems the island is safe enough.”

“Well that’s very reassuring,” said Spike sarcastically. “But what of these killer robots?”

“My scans have not picked up any trace of metal or technology. It’s as if it's never been touched by ponies.”

“That doesn't mean we shouldn’t be on guard,” said Applejack, as she looked over an image of the robot from trixie's attack.

Trixie, who had been sitting quietly as her former teammates debate on what to do, finally spoke. “If you are done arguing over what is and was might be there, I would like to go save my son. I have less than thirty hours to get there.”

“Don’t worry,” said Twilight, as she gave a reassuring smile. “We will save your son.”

Trixie only gave a nod of gratitude as the team of former heroes began to go over the final parts of their plain.


It was nothing but awkward silence as Del and Starburst, with only the streetlamps to light their way. Del could see out of the corner of his eye that the orange mare checking herself as they passed through each light to make sure she hadn't turned into the thing that attacked her friend.

“S...sorry,” said Starburst in a slow whisper.

“Ah it’s okay, Star” said Del, rubbing his still sore neck.

“We’re not sorry” said the symbiote. “We enjoyed watching the stallion squirm in our grasp.”

“SHUT UP!” yelled Starburst causing Dell to turn into his metal form. “It was---”

“The symbiote,” interrupted Del, as he turned back unto his normal form. “Ah, figured.”

As the paired continued to walk, Del could see could see that Starburst coat would change from it’s normal orange color to black. Knowing Del was seeing the conflict going on both inside and out, Star tried to tried to walk a couple paces ahead of the stallion.

“Maybe you should let Miss Twilight look at that thing,” suggested Del pointing to the black spot on the mare’s coat.

NO!” shouted Starburst as her wings turned black. Starburst was beginning to regain control of herself. “Sorry, but no. We tried but all her help did was hurt and anger it.”

“Angered us,” said symbiote.

“Well, your mom’s a smart pony. I’m sure she could find away to help.”

“Maybe, uh Del your hooves?” asked Starburst pointing to Del’s still metal hooves.”

“Sorry,” apologized Del as he banged one of his hooves against a steam lamp pole to knock off some dirt, causing a sharp ringing sound as he did.

The symbiote began to the take over all of Star letting out a unimaginable shriek, causing surrounding glass to shatter. The symbiote then extended its tentacles waving then in pain.

“YOU HURT US!!!” exclaimed the symbiote, as it extended Stars wings, getting ready to lunge at the stallion.

“NO!” Starburst yelled, gaining control of herself again, she took off towards her castle home.


“Okay so we will leave first thing in the morning, agreed?” asked Twilight, as she finished going over the plan on final time. With everyone giving their agreement, Twilight closed down the holograms. “Good.”

“So, how do yall expect us to get to this island?” asked Applejack, “Not all of us can fly or run on water.”

Twilight gave an excited smile, “I was hoping you ask,” pressing a button on the console. The screen tint disappeared to reveal the new and improved Marejet.

“I thought you would have dismantled that thing ages ago,” said Rarity, as Twilight lead them to the aircraft.

“Celestia no,” exclaimed Twilight. “It’s been a hobby of mine restoring and updating it. I’m sure you will be pleased by the upgrades.”

With that, Pinkie had already ran through the entire ship and back, “Girls, it is an improvement over the last one. It has cup holders!” A loud smack was heard as Spike hit himself in the face, as well as Twilight twitching her eye.

“There’s more than that,” explained Twilight, as she points to the engines on each wing. “I’ve replaced our old, outdated engines with engines on Prism’s suit design. As well as----”

Trixie began to drain out the alicorns explanation of her project and began to wonder around the cave. As she walked through a tunnel overlooking the Marejet, Trixie stopped to look over mannequins wearing the Power Ponies old costumes. Letting out a sigh, she places her hoof on the glass separating her from their biggest failure.


“Illusion, it’s been three days. Call it a day and come back to base,” said Matterhorn in Illusion’s ear.

“No,” said Illusion, as as she scans over the city of Coltem.

“At least let somepony else take over for you. Fillie is faster, she would be able to search the whole city before you get back.”

“She’s too unfocused. She misses details,” said Illusion, as she cast to help her see through buildings.

“What about Radiance?” asked Matterhorn, getting tired of her fellow stubbornness.

“It rains in Coltem all the time. She will do nothing but complain.”

“Then I’ll come over to help.”

“You're already here,” said Illusion, looking up straight at the Marejet’s camera.

Matterhorn, repelling down from the jet, landed next to her fellow heroine. “Can’t let me surprise can you?”

“It’s not a surprise when I can hear the blades from the engines.” said Illusion, giving a sarcastic smile.

“So, where should we start looking?”

Looking over the rainy city skyline, Illusion pointed towards the north side of the Maretropolis. “You take the north half and I’ll search the south and the docks.”

“Sounds good to me. Stay in contact.”

“Call me when you find him.” said Illusion as she walked to the edge of the building. “Etativel.”

With a sigh, Matterhorn took off across the rooftops of Coltem. It had been three days since they received a message from their arch-villain, Mane-iac.


“Hello Power Poniesssss.” said Mane-iac, as the camera focused in on her tilted head and toothy smile. “I believe I have something that belongs to you.”

Using her mane, the green maned villain pulled a battered and bloody Hum Drum into the light. Blood slowly trickling from his mouth, the young colt tried to speak.

“You heros always misplacing your sidekicks, tell them, Mister Glum Drum, how have I been treating you.”

“Y….y...you--” said Hum Drum trying to speak.

“Oh don’t worry, I've been treating him as an honored guest.” said Mane-iac, as she used a main to hold the colt by his hooves. “We’ve had so much fun. He’s even helping with my tennis swings.”

“No please!” begged the colt, as the villainess held two crowbars in front of and behind him.

“Tell me which ones better…….FRONT HOOFED OR BACK HOOFED!” exclaimed the mare, as she bashed the piece of metal across the colts face and back.

“As you can see, he’s quite the trainer,” said Mane-iac, with a sadistic smile. “But he’s not the easiest to put up with. Constantly going on and on about how you will rescue him.”

“They will, you crazy---” said Hum Drum, before being silenced by another strike breaking his legs.

“QUIET! I’m monologuing! Anyway, you better come and get the poor tyke before I get bored. Tata for now!”

Dropping the camera, Mane-iac dragged the poor colt back into the darkness.


“Illusion, found anything yet?” asked Matterhorn.

“Nothin--- wait a second,” said Illusion as she looked over the Coltem harbor. “Enhance vision”

Using her magic, Illusion spotted two of main-iac thugs dragging somepony into a warehouse.

“I think I’ve found something. The Iceberg loading docks. I’m going to check it out.”

“Illusion wait!” exclaimed Matterhorn, as she galloped across the rooftops.

Ignoring her partner's request, Illusion stealthily approached the warehouse. Before getting to the warehouse gate, the mare discovered a small piece of fabric soaked in blood. Lifting the fabric revealed the letters HD. Fire in her eyes, Illusion burst into the warehouse.

“It’s about time,” said Mane-iac, looking at the rain soaked mare. “Alas I’m afraid yo---”

“Ot Suratrat!” said Illusion, poofing the villains henchponies out of the room.

“Well that’s not nice. You kiss your mother with that mouth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH---!” Without missing a step, Illusion jumped on the crazed mare using her magic to hold down the villain’s mane.

Matterhorn, gasping for air, finally reached the warehouse to discover the lifeless body of Hum Drum. Galloping to her sidekick, trying desperately to search for a pulse, but finding nothing but a broken body. Trying to give the colt cardiopulmonary resuscitation, she made the horrible discovery his ribs were completely shattered along with his vertebrae.

“Hum Drum speak to me!” shouted Matterhorn, desperately trying to save him. “Please……”

“AHHH!” yelled Illusion, as she continually punished a now broken face and teeth, wheezing Mane-iac.

Laying the body of the lifeless colt back on the ground, Matterhorn walked over to the still punching Illusion pulling her mask off. “Trixie that’s enough.”

“ENOUGH?!” exclaimed Trixie, tears rolling down her eyes. “She deserves this,” striking again, “Enough…...this is a joke compared to what---”

“G….guess…...the …..jokes…...on…...you……..then.” said Mane-iac, as she gasped for air.

“SHUT UP!” With the force rivaling that of Stattle-Ranger, Illusion ended the life of the Power Ponies greatest villain.


“Trixie?” said Twilight, trying to get her attention. “I miss him too.”

“I know,” said Trixie, as she rubbed her hoof across the memorial made for Hum Drum.

“I sent the others home to prepare and make their excuses of why they have to leave.”

“You really think somepony like Fluttershy will lie to her daughter?” Asking a rhetorical question as the pair walked passing the rest of the costume.

“No, but I’m sure she won’t say too much in hopes of not worrying Annie.” said Twilight, as she started to work on the main console of the lair. “We’ve tried our best to keep our children from trying to follow in our hoofprints.

“So you’ve bubbled them. Trying to prevent losing another foal.” Letting out a sigh, Twilight continued to work. “You can’t just sit here and pretend like all this never happened.”

“I’m not.”

“You are!” exclaimed Trixie, growing frustrated with the alicorn. “You sit here thinking the worlds all fine, thinking we aren’t needed because a piece of paper says so.”

“I’m not.”

“Here you and the others are letting the next generation use their powers or skills to….to test fight a suit and deliver cakes! At least I’ve been training Dove to defend herself.””

“That’s what you call it,” said Twilight, in a cold voice looking at the mare in the corner of her eye.

“At least I’m doing something.”

“We are too.” Said Twilight, as she finished her work and turning her full attention to Trixie. As the pair walked out of the Power Ponies lair discussing what the next day had in store, the terminal screen blinked with a notification reading……..POWER PONIES NEXT GENERATION INITIATIVE.

Author's Note:

I'M BACK!!! Sorry for being gone for so long I've been busy with college but I'm back and ready to get back continuing this and my other stories.

Yes those of you who believed Hum Drum's death was based on Jason Tod you were correct. Anyway I hope you enjoyed sorry for this being so short I'm still getting used to writing again and I promise the next chapter wont take a years.

Comments ( 4 )

:pinkiegasp:AHHHHHH!!! :pinkiehappy:YES! YE-EH-ES! Three years and it's finally revived! Thank you!

If the first Hum-drum is a parallel to Jason Todd, he may not stay dead for much longer.

Damn Mane-iac bit the proverbial dust

I noticed a lot of little errors in the first few paragraphs, mostly missing words and missing punctuations. That all said, it might be a good idea to go through the entire chapter and fix some issues, preferably with an extra set of eyes.

Login or register to comment