• Published 16th Oct 2014
  • 28,213 Views, 3,143 Comments

The Technological Technicolor Technomare - Tatsurou



The story of Rainbow Dash, as raised by Tony Stark.

  • ...
59
 3,143
 28,213

Future's Hope

Rainbow and Tony paced back and forth in the hospital. Pepper had gone in earlier that day, having gone into labor. Rainbow could barely think after hearing her Mother's screams of pain from the agony of delivery. She was not doing well. "Dad?" she asked worriedly, climbing into Tony's lap. "Is Mom gonna be okay?"

Tony gently stroked Rainbow's head. "Don't worry, Rainbow. She'll be just fine. Labor isn't exactly a pleasant process, but I'm sure everything's going to be fine. After all, Sif's overlooking the delivery. With Asgardian medical magitek, nothing can go wrong. We just need to be patient."

Rainbow sighed, allowing herself to be comforted. Curling up into Tony's lap, she watched the clock, waiting for the doctors to come out and tell them everything was going to be okay.

After about a half hour, Rainbow looked up at Tony. "How long is this going to take?" she asked impatiently.

"Anywhere from a few hours to a couple days, according to what I looked up," Tony replied patiently.

"You're kidding," Rainbow stated flatly. "Please tell me you're kidding," she pleaded when Tony didn't respond.

"Afraid not," Tony replied.

"What are we supposed to do while we wait?" she demanded angrily.

"I brought a deck of cards," Tony offered.

Sighing, Rainbow scooted over to the next seat. "Deal me in," she groaned.

----------

After several hours of card games - everything to Old Maid, gin rummy, Go Fish, War, and Speed (which Rainbow was proud of winning flawlessly at) - Sif came out with a blanket wrapped bundle.

"How's Mom?" Rainbow asked eagerly.

"Pepper's doing just fine," Sif replied softly. "Congratulations," she told Tony. "It's...a filly."

Rainbow could have sworn she heard a record scratch somewhere nearby as they both stared at Sif in confusion.

"What?" Tony demanded.

"I thought you told us it was going to be a boy?" Rainbow questioned.

"How did we give birth to a pony and not a human?" Tony asked, just as confused.

"How should I know?" Sif demanded. "I'm a Valkyrie, not a God." She turned back the blanket. "Still, here's your baby."

A tiny orange pony with a bright purple mane, tail, and eyes stared up at them with a smile.

"She's adorable!" Rainbow squealed. "Can we call her Scootaloo?"

Tony blinked. "I...don't see why not," he said, taking the bundle. "She is pretty cute, isn't she?"

Rainbow floated up to look closely at the new foal. "I'm your big sister, Squirt," Rainbow said happily. "Name's Rainbow Dash. Can you say 'Rainbow'?"

"Dashie, she was just born," Tony pointed out with a groan.

"Eye-bo!" Scootaloo said back happily.

"She said it!" Rainbow squealed happily. "Can you say my name again? Who am I?"

"Cupcake!" Scootaloo said plainly.

"What-?"

Rainbow's question was cut off as Scootaloo's mouth opened wide and ate her head whole.


"Waugh!" Rainbow screamed as she shot awake. Breathing heavily, she glanced around, realizing she was still in Avengers Tower. It was still several months before Pepper was due to deliver. And there was something she needed to do.

Flying into Hawkeye's room silently, she awoke him with two hind hoof kicks - one to each testicle - before zooming to Hulk's room to beg a glass of warm milk and a story that wouldn't give her such messed up nightmares.