• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 602 Views, 2 Comments

Spike's Comics Section - Ponyess



We had realised, we can't give Spike any material posessions, but we could borrow them to him for limited periods of time for him to enjoy them. This is what a Library is for.

  • ...
4
 2
 602

A Late Night Read: 3

Author's Note:

Spike's POV

I had seen her greeting the stranger, a Pony who apparently had been sent off to deliver the book Twilight had been promised for our Royal Library. Maybe someone thought it an honour to have a copy of their books in a library like ours. Either way, I am going to be eternally grateful for this one gift.

Then she had signed the delivery, before the other Pony left. Twilight had closed the door after the stranger delivery Pony, before returning into our castle.

“Spike, the books have been delivered!” she exclaimed in a strangely excited tone of voice, I had long since learned to associate with new books.

“I’m coming, I’m coming. The book, right?” I responded as I ran towards her.

“Yes, our books just arrived, Spike!” she put forth.

“Sorry for the inconvenience, but the books need to be sorted and integrated into the library as soon as possible, which means tonight. If you find an interesting book, feel free to read as soon as you slipped the final book in place!” she expressed.

“Certainly, I’m on it!” I responded as I picked up the delivery and scurried off towards the library.

“Good, I knew I could trust you with books. You have been a diligent, cunning and most helpful assistant to me in the old library, I know you will do just as well here in our new library!” she commended me graciously and honestly.

“I had a good teacher and you did make for a good example to learn from. I certainly loved every day of following you in your studies, with the job of constantly finding you new books!” I pointed out.

“These were the days, weren’t they? I enjoyed my studies thoroughly too, even if I guess I knew they were coming to an end, eventually. They certainly did, we’re here now. We have a castle of our own. These are our books to treasure, care for and enjoy to our heart’s content!” she pointed out.

“Yes, a mighty good castle, as much as I hated to see our old home the library in the oak being destroyed. Now it is my job to care for the books, once more. I had better be off and sort them before they start to collect dust or grow mold?” I concluded as I scurried off into the depth of the library with the selection of ny books.

“Sharing it with you and my friends make it into a good castle. I know, I felt the same thing as it happened. What one wouldn’t do, just for the love of these books. I know that feeling only too well. Can’t let that happen!” she pronounced to my back, as I stormed into the library.

I only stopped at the first place where I could unpack the books and see the covers properly. Pulling up a book at the time with care. Reading the title, one at the time.

“Hidden secrets in Zebra Maic”, “Neko no Naki”, “The Sillyness of Secrets”, “How to Make or Break a Friend”

These were all surprisingly thick, heavy books. I then stopped short, looking at the second book once over. Maybe I should run off with it, although I knew I had to wait until I had finished the work before I was to read it.

Stopping over once more, I noticed the outlandish type face on the cover, right along with the colourful engravings of strange beasts I never could have imagined.

Magic, comics, philosophy, Twilight, Magic, Library, Magic. There were a few more books, I sorted them after the categories where they would belong, running off with the books, category by category. I chose to leave the comic book with the strange title for the last.

Once I had carried all the books to where they were to stay, sorted them and slipped them into their respective places, filing them in the log, I slipped off with my private reading corner, with the hops of an exciting read.

I managed to settle down with my find, a true treasure. It may technically belong to the library, which is merely a way to shield me from the experience I had a while back. I guess I am thankful for her efforts on this point. The greed is plaguing us Dragons badly. It had been blackening our name and reputation for ages already.

Maybe I could serve as a shining beacon, allowing Ponyfolk and others to know we could be more than the menace we turn into, once greed is taking over.

The book certainly is a comics, so I could have enjoyed and understood the story, even if I couldn’t read the text to the images. Yet, to my surprise, the book is clearly an Equestrian edition, they had taken the time and care to make it enjoyable, even if the images had not been changed.

From the first page, it started out in the perspective of the “Neko”, a catlike character. Apparently, she looks a bit too shiny, as if made out of rubber, was she. She lives with another character by the name of Hitomi who looks like some Pony, both in an Anthro form, almost like the Humans we saw at Canterlot High.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment