• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 3,888 Views, 82 Comments

The Trainer of Friendship - darkmage1997



A strong Pokemon trainer finds himself in a land full of magical talking ponies.

  • ...
14
 82
 3,888

Chapter 17: Will & Tripps interrupted battle?! Defeat Mega Team Rocket!

Will, after getting another team of six Pokémon, returned to the battlefield, where Tripp was waiting, "Alright, same as the last two matches, it will be a full six on six battle between Will of Mahogany Town, and Tripp of Numeva Town. The battle will be over when all of either sides Pokémon is unable to continue. Pokémon substitutions are permitted all around, now trainers, begin!" Cindy called.

"Conkeldurr, to the field!" Tripp said, releasing a large, muscle bound Pokémon, wielding two pillars of concrete. Rainbow Dash pointed her Pokedex at the Pokémon.

"Conkeldurr, the Muscular Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gurdurr. It is thought that Conkeldurr taught humans how to make concrete more than 2,000 years ago," The Pokedex said.

"In that case, I choose Malamar!" Will said, releasing a large, octopus like Pokémon. Twilight pointed her Pokedex at the octopus.

"Malamar, the Overturning Pokémon, and the evolved form of Inkay. Malamar wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon, and it forces others to do whatever it wants," the Pokedex said.

"Malamar vs Conkeldurr. Wonder who'll come out on top," Nathan commented.

"Alright, battle begin!" Cindy declared.

"Conkeldurr, use Bulk Up!" Tripp ordered. Conkeldurr then glowed red, as it looked to become stronger.

"In that case, Malamar, use Calm Mind!" Will instructed. Malamar then glowed blue.

"'Calm Mind'? What's that?" Conner asked.

"It's a psychic type move that raises a Pokémon's Special attack and Special defense. Its good for Psychic type Pokémon that have higher Special Attack and Special Defense," Nathan replied.

"Stone Edge!" Tripp instructed. Conkeldurr slammed the ground, sending glowing blue spikes of rocks towards Malamar.

"Use Focus Blast," Will instructed. Malamar fired a ball of energy that effortlessly broke through the rock spikes, before hitting Conkeldurr, who stumbled from the blast.

"Stay strong Conkeldurr, and use Brick Break!" Tripp instructed, as Conkeldurr used its pillars of concrete to attempt to strike Malamar.

"Use Poison Jab!" Will instructed. Malamar's tentacle glowed purple before jabbing Conkeldurr in the gut. Sending flying. When the smoke clear, Conkeldurr was unconscious.

"Conkeldurr is unable to battle, the winner is Malamar!" Cindy declared.

"Conkeldurr didn't even get one hit in," one pony said.

"All o' Will's Pokémon are well trained," Nathan commented.

"Alright, Vanilluxe, to the field!" Tripp said, releasing what appeared to be a two headed ice cream cone Pokémon with a straw coming out of one side of its head. Fluttershy pointed her Pokedex at the ice cream Pokémon.

"Vanilluxe, the Snowstorm Pokémon. When angered, this Pokémon can create severe blizzards created from moisture it swallowed," the Pokedex said.

"Alright, Malamar, take a rest," Will said, recalling Malamar, then pulling out a Repeat Ball, "Bisharp, I need your assistance!" Will called, releasing a humanoid Pokémon the was covered in blades, and had a shogun style helmet, with a large blade growing from the middle of its head. Rarity pointed her Pokedex at the Pokémon.

"Bisharp, the Blade Pokémon, and the evolved form of Pawniard. It leads a group Pawniard when hunting down prey. It then finishes off said prey," the Pokedex said.

"Alright, battle---," Cindy was interrupted by a sudden rumbling.

"What's going on?!" Will demanded. His question was soon answered, as large vehicles broke through the trees. The vehicles opened up and tons of Team Rocket grunts quickly departed, and surrounded the battlefield, "Team Rocket?! How did you even get here?!" Will demanded.

"That's for us to know, and for you to figure out," Will turned to see Butch and Cassidy, looking rather smug.

"Capture all the Pokémon!" Cassidy ordered. The grunts then proceeded to steal all of the children's new Pokémon. Toby's Fenniken wasn't going to have any of it, and used Ember on the grunts.

"Fenniken, what are you doing?" Toby asked.

"I'm not about to let a bunch of bullies take us away from our home," Fenniken replied, standing valiantly against Team Rocket.

"She's right, we need to take a stand!" Josh's Froakie said.

"Alright brats, if that's the way you want to play, CALL OUT YOUR POKEMON, GRUNTS"! Butch ordered, as he and Cassidy released their own Pokémon, a Houndoom and Pinsir, "Now then, Mega Wave," Butch said, as he and Cassidy waved their hands over two identical bracelets with a purple stone embedded in them. The bracelets released a dark energy, which seemed to make Houndoom and Pinsir suffer, as depicted by the pained expressions on their faces. The two were enveloped in dark energy, and as the energy dissipated, Houndoom stood with longer, more intimidating horns, and Pinsir looked to have gained wings.

"Mega Evolution?! How did Team Rocket gain such a power?" Nathan wondered.

"Some wannabe operatives in the Kalos region discovered a way of being able to Mega Evolve Pokémon without the need for bonds. I think it was called 'Neo Arcane Science,' or something like that," Cassidy explained.

"But that devalues the purpose of Mega Evolution, not to mention the Pokémon suffer because of it!" Will argued.

"As long as we get what we want, who cares about the Pokémon?" Butch countered, as the other grunts used the same, synthetic Mega evolution to change their Pokémon against their will. Now, several Mega Steelix, Mega Charizard, Mega Aggron, Mega Beedrill, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Scizor snatched up the baby Pokémon from the elementary students, "Now get to capturing the rest of the Pokémon here!" Butch ordered the Mega Pokémon. But before they could begin, they were attacked by Paul and Silver's team.

"Team Rocket's nothing but a bunch of pathetic losers," Silver seethed.

"Will, we'll keep the kids safe, you find a way to stop Team Rocket!" Trip said, as he released the rest of his Pokémon to aid in the battle. Will was reluctant to leave is new friends behind, but understood Team Rocket needed to be stopped, and quickly ran off to gather his own Mega Pokémon squad.

"Cindy, stay with the group!" Will called back to his sister, who nodded in response. He didn't get very far as a Flamethrower stopped him in his tracks.

"Where do you think you're going?" Cassidy asked, as Houndoom charged up another Flamethrower, only to be stopped by Bisharp's Brick Break.

"Will, go and get the others, I'll hold them off," Bisharp said.

"Alright, be careful Bisharp!" Will said, as went to gather his Pokémon. He didn't go very far, as the Pokémon in question had come to aid their trainer.

"Hey guys, you're timing could not have been any better! We need to stop Team Rocket before they make off with any Pokémon!" Will said.

"Already two steps ahead of you," Mewtwo said. Just then, Will's Gengar appeared.

"It looks like the power source for those fake Key Stones are in that vehicle," Gengar said, pointing to a very large mobile base.

"Great scouting Gengar, now lets get in there," Will said, as he and his Mega Evolution squad entered the base.

15 minutes later,

"This way," Gengar said, leading the group down a corridor, which lead to a very important looking laboratory, "There, if we destroy that machine, we'll be able to put an end to Team Rocket's scheme!" Gengar said.

"I think not!" the group was stopped by Professor Nanba.

"Out of the way old man," Tyranitar demanded.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Team Rocket depends on this machine," Nanba replied, releasing Electivire, Magmortar, and Rhyperior, "And thanks to my research on Neo Arcane Science, I was able to perfect artificial Mega stones just for the three Pokémon before you," Nanba said.

"'Artifical Mega Stones'?! But those were outlawed ages ago!" Will said. The reason behind this is because research on Artificial Mega Stones led to the discovery that it puts an immense strain, both mentally and physically on the Pokémon.

"Ask me if I care," Nanba said, using his fake Key Stone. Electivire, Magmortar, and Rhyperior were suffering as they began to Mega Evolve. Electivire now had several wire like tails, and the power coils on its head became a single power node. Magmortar now had volcano like arms, and rock like armor. Rhyperior's armor had become more bulkier, and it's arms more like cannons, and its tail was now spikey.

"That fiend, he actually did it," Gardevoir said.

"Take it easy Gardevoir. Those aren't even real Mega Pokémon. Which means we can't possibly loose to them," Will said, looking at his Mega Ring. He then touched the key stone, which reacted with the Mega Stones of all the Pokémon that were with Will. They all became enveloped in the Mega Evolution energy, "Lets go, UNITY MEGA EVOLUTION!" Will yelled.

"Mega Venusaur!" Venusaur said. The flower on its back become fully bloomed, giving it a more tropical appearance.

"Mega Blastoise!" Blastoise said. It grew cannons on its arms, and the two cannons on its back became one huge one.

"MEGA CHARIZARD X/Y!" the two Charizard said. One now had black skin and blue fire coming out of its mouth, while the other had larger, more ragged looking wings, and a third horn coming out of its head.

"Mega Beedrill," Beedrill said. It now looked to be carrying a large missile like stinger.

"Mega Pigeot!" Pigeot said. The only change to Pigeot was that it now had a longer plume.

"Mega Alakazam!" Alakazam said. It now had a much longer beard, giving the appearance of a shaman, and multiple spoons, suspended by psychic energy floated around it.

"Mega Gengar!" Gengar said.

"Mega Kangaskhan!" Kangaskhan said. The only change was that the baby Kangaskhan looked more older, and able to hold its own in a fight.

"Mega Pinsir!" Pinsir said.

"Mega Gyarados!" the shiny Gyarados said. It now had a more larva appearance, and its whiskers were much longer.

"Mega Aerodactyl!" Aerodactyl said. It now had stones coming out of its face and wings.

"Mega Mewtwo X!" Mewtwo said. It now looked like a martial artist.

"Mega Ampharos!" Ampharos said. It had luxurious, whit hair with red jewels embedded into it growing from its back, and its horns looked to be actual power towers.

"Mega Heracross!" Heracross said. It now had a bulkier physique, and its horn grew from the back of its head instead of the front.

"Mega Houndoom!" Houndoom said.

"Mega Scizor!" Scizor said.

"Mega Tyranitar!" Tyranitar said. Its armor grew out more and more to the point it looked to have a scary face on its torso.

"Mega Sceptile!" Sceptile said. It now had red highlights, and a larger tree for a tail.

"Mega Blaziken!" Blaziken said.

"Mega Swampert!" Swampert said. It now looked to be extremely muscular, and the fins on its cheeks grew out.

"Mega Gardevoir!" the shiny Gardevoir said. Her dress expanded, and became black, as the horn on her chest split in two.

"Mega Aggron!" Aggron said.

"Mega Mawile!" Mawile said. It now had two large, mouth like horns growing out of its head.

"Mega Manectric!" Manectric said. Its yellow fur had become much larger, giving it a more intimidating appearance.

"MEGA LATIAS/LATIOS!" Latias and Latios said. They both were near identical, now looking like purple jets, but with different colored eyes.

"Mega Metagross!" Metagross said. It now had an appearance closely similar to a satellite.

"Mega Salamence!" Salamence said. Its two separate wings now became like a crescent moon shape, sort of like a blade.

"Mega Lopunny!" the shiny Lopunny said. Her normally fluffy ears were now shaved down, only rings of the fluff remained. She also had black patterned fur, closely resembling ripped pantyhose.

"Mega Garchomp!" Garchomp said.

"Mega Lucario!" Lucario said. It's aura feelers were longer, and its yellow fur was longer, and fluffier.

"Mega Gallade!" Gallade said. It now had a cape like growth, and its sword like arms had a red growth, giving it the resemblance of a valiant knight.

"Mega Diancie!" Diancie said. It now looked like a princess, wearing a dress made of brilliant jewels.

"So, the rumors are true, you can use unity Mega Evolution. It makes no difference, not after I equip my three heavy hitters with these," Nanba said, applying a strange device to the heads of each of his Pokémon.

"What are those?" Will asked.

"If you must know, there a perfected version of an invention of mine I made some time ago. I call them my "Rage Inducing Pokémon Provoker", model 2.0," Nanba replied.

"A devise to provoke rage? Can you guys be anymore desperate?" Will taunted.

"Say what you will, but it won't stop the progress of science!" Nanba said, activating the provoking devices. The three Pokémon roared in rage, "Now, Electivire, use Thunder, Magmortar, use Lava Plume, Rhyperior, use Rock Wrecker!" Nanba ordered. Electivire let loose a bolt of lightning, Magmortar fired superheated smoke, and Rhyperior launched a giant rock.

"Sceptile, deal with that Thunder!" Will instructed to Sceptile, who raised its tail, which diverted the Thunder directly to it, "Blastoise, use Hydro Cannon," Will instructed to Blastoise, who fired large balls of water at the Lava Plume, "Lopunny, High Jump Kick!" Will instructed to Lopunny, who leapt up, and the kicked the rock out of the way, "Now, its our turn, "Garchomp, use Dragon Claw on Electivire, Gallade, use Psycho Cut on Magmortar, and Swampert, use Brick Break on Rhyperior!" Will instructed. Garchomp raked Electivire with its large axe like claws, Gallade fired slashes of psychic energy at Magmortar, and Swampert used a karate chop against Rhyperior, but none of the attacks seemed to have any effect whatsoever, "Why didn't it work?!" Will wondered.

"My Rage Inducing Pokémon Provoker model 2.0 doesn't just raise my Pokémon's attack power, it also boosts their defensive power, making them practically invincible!" Nanba said.

"Provoking a Pokémon is the one thing a trainer should never do! A Pokémon's true strength comes from trust and friendship, y'know, meaningful means," Will argued.

"That's a load of hooey! The only way to bring out a Pokémon's true power is through rage! A couple of dumb kids said the same thing you did a while back," Nanba said.

"Well, maybe bonds are something that can't be explained through science! Lots of things can't be explained through science!" Will said.

"That's even more hooey! Science can explain everything through logic! But our battle will show us whose philosophy is true!" Nanba argued.

"No matter what the outcome, friendship and trust will overcome rage any day!" Will said, "Now, Tyranitar, use Rock Slide!" Will instructed. Tyranitar complied, by summoning large rocks over Nanba's three Pokémon.

"Magmortar, Enraged Flamethrower!" Nanba ordered, increasing the rage of his three Pokémon even further. Magmortar then fire a volley of fire at the rocks, completely obliterating them with ease, "Electivire, Enraged Thunderbolt, Rhyperior, Enraged Stone Edge!" Electivire blasted a large bolt of lightning at Will's Pokémon, while Rhyperior summoned equally large glowing blue rocks from the ground.

"Latias, use Mist Ball, Latios, use Luster Purge, Gardevoir, use Moonblast, Lucario, use Aura Sphere, Ampharos and Salamence, use Dragon Pulse, and Diancie, use Diamond Storm!" Will instructed. Latias fired a ball of mist, Latios fired a beam of light, Gardevoir fired balls of lunar energy, Lucario fired a ball of aura, Ampharos and Salamence fire a beam of draconic energy, and Diancie fired a flurry of diamonds at Nanba's Mega Pokémon, "Gengar, see if you can't get that control panel Nanba's holding away from him," Will whispered to Gengar, who promptly vanished. Meanwhile, the onslaught of attacks seemed to be doing something to Nanba's Pokémon.

"More rage! Don't stop until they're all completely destroyed!" Nanba ordered, increasing the rage of his Pokémon even further, only for the control panel he was holding to be destroyed by a Shadow Ball, "Why you...." Nanba said angrily, looking at the Mega Gengar that fired the Shadow Ball in question. The devises on Electivire, Magmortar, and Rhyperior's heads all broke. The three of them collapsed from exhaustion, reverting back to their original forms, "Get up! We're not done yet!" Nanba said.

"Oh, I'd say we are. Now, everyone, use your best attack on that machine!" Will instructed. Several blasts to the machine caused it to explode. Nanba's artificial Key Stone broke afterwards, as did the artificial Mega Stones on his Pokémon.

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! My research! My Key Stone! My Pokémon Provoker!" Nanba was dismayed to say the least.

"What about your Pokémon? Don't you even care about them?" Will asked.

"Pokémon are nothing but tools of war for Team Rocket," Nanba seethed.

"Pity you think so low of your Pokémon," Will said, as he and his Pokémon left.

Back outside

"There's no end to them," Rainbow Dash complained, as Team Rocket kept using their Mega Pokémon to battle the ponies and humans.

"We need to keep up the defenses! Will should be done by now!" Cindy said. Just then, all the Mega Pokémon abruptly returned to their original forms.

"That's not good," a grunt said.

"Everyone! Team Rocket's a sitting Ducklett! They can't use Mega Evolution anymore!" they all looked to see Will coming towards them.

"Why you..." Cassidy seethed.

"We can still win!" Butch said.

"I don't think so, Charizards, both of you use Flamethrower on Team Rocket's Pokémon!" Will instructed.

"Try to get them through here!" Discord said, opening a portal back to the Pokémon World. Both Charizards fired volley's of fire at the Pokémon and the grunts sending them back to Johto.

"Mewtwo, can you do something about that ugly base?" Will asked Mewtwo.

"With pleasure," Mewtwo said, using its psychic powers to lift the base, and through it back through the portal. Discord then closed the portal.

"Is everyone here and accounted for?" Cheerilee asked. A round of nods answered her question.

"And it looks like you kids still have your own partner Pokémon," Will said to the students who chose to take a Pokémon for their partner. e then turned to Trip, "Now then, Trip, shall we continue our battle?" Will asked.

"I don't think so. After seeing your Pokémon in action, it's clear that I'm no match for you. I'm going to continue my journey to become stronger, and then, I'll try to defeat Alder," Trip said.

"Suit yourself," Will said, as Discord took the three trainers back to Mahogany Town, "But what I can't figure out, is how Team Rocket got here in the first place?" Will wondered.

"Probably due to residual energy from where your ranch was at," Eris suggested, "Its possible they increased the energy of the portal we used to get your ranch here to get here themselves," she explained.

"Well, we don't have to worry about that, ever again," Discord said, appearing out of thin air, "I went ahead and cleaned up the energy that was left over. They'll never find you again," Discord said.

"Thanks Discord," Will said, before turning to the children, "Now then, before we get you kids your Pokémon eggs, why not catch the Pokémon you chose?" Will suggested.

"What do you mean?" Toby asked.

"Well, if you have Pokémon, you could try to become Pokémon Trainers yourselves," Will explained, laying out each type Pokeball, "You can choose what Pokeball you want to catch your Pokémon with," Will said. Toby went first, picking out a Luxury Ball and a Fast Ball.

"Do the two of you want to be my Pokémon?" Toby asked Vulpix and Fenniken.

"Of course!" Fenniken replied.

"You'd make a great trainer, Toby!" Vulpix said.

"Alright then," Toby said, opening the two Pokeballs. Fenniken went into the Fast Ball, and Vulpix went into the Luxury Ball. The two rolls three times, before clicking. The others grabbed a Pokeball themselves, and caught their new Pokémon, "Ok, so I've got Vulpix and Fenniken as my Pokémon, now what do I do?" Toby asked.

"First, I'll give each of you the respective eggs for your Pokémon," Will said, giving them each an incubator, housing a Pokémon Egg, "As for what happens next, usually, a rookie trainer can go on a journey through one of the six regions," Will replied.

"Seven," Will turned towards Eris, "I looked it up, there are seven regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and on top of that, the Alola Regions," Eris explained.

"I've never even heard of 'Alola' before," Will commented.

"It's made up of four islands, and each island has Pokémon I don't think you've ever seen before," Eris explained.

"That does sound interesting, and battling Paul, Silver, and Trip did help me find my motivation for an adventure," Will said.

"Does that mean?" Cindy asked.

"I would love to go to the Alola Region, but there's no way to get there from Equestria," Will said.

"Au contraire. Just give me some time, and I'll have something for you that'll let you hop between Equestria and Alola with ease," Discord said.

"Uh, Will, if its not too much trouble, if you don't mind, could I maybe come with you to Alola? I'd like to learn more about Pokémon myself," Fluttershy asked.

"I wouldn't mind seeing new Pokémon either," Toby said.

"I'd like to go too," Silver Spoon said.

"What about you Serenity?" Toby asked his little sister.

"I-I don't think I'd like to go on an adventure, especially somewhere unknown," the green filly replied.

"Well, that's a shame. It would've been an opportunity to go somewhere with exotic creatures," Toby said.

"Toby's right, you may even find you like the Alola region," Fluttershy said.

"W-well, I guess I could see if it's something I would like to do," Serenity said.

"What about the rest of you?" Will asked.

"I think I'd take a journey through Johto. Cindy told me that one of the cities there is chockfull of history," Twilight said.

"It would be a nice change of pace," Josh said.

"I may go through the Kalos region, myself," Rarity commented.

"Same here," Cadence added.

"Well, if everyone will give it some thought, I'll have something for all of you to use to get to your respective, desired regions," Discord said.

"Well, with distractions and all, that completes the tour of my ranch. Hope you kids all had a fun time," Will said to the class as they left.

"I'll be back later Will!" Cindy called back to her brother. With that, Will went on to prepare for his journey for Alola.

Comments ( 2 )

psych up copies the opponents stat changes.
You may be thinking of calm mind

Login or register to comment